Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    VPN profiles in WebOS 2.1 need to be added.
    Quote Originally Posted by crucian4 View Post
    Does Save/Restore backup and reinstall web pages that I created a launcher icon for?
    yes, as long as you as the save/restore is for the same high level webOS version. I.e. 1.x to 1.x or 2.x to 2.x. So it will work from 2.0.1 to 2.1, but it won't work from 1.4.5 to 2.0.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale46 View Post
    VPN profiles in WebOS 2.1 need to be added.
    I don't know but I assume they are stored in db8, and Save/Restore hasn't support for db8 (yet).
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Here's a script for ToDo Classic. I daresay it could use a bit more testing though, since I only have two tasks stored, a daily repeating and a "no due date".
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hi guys,

I got a replacement Pre Plus and am trying to restore it. Things went pretty smoothly overall but I hit a snag with the Launcher:
    ---------------------------
    caution:filename not matched: user-dock/*
    /media/internal/saverestore/com.palm.app.launcher/20110421T040328-0400/user-dock not found
    I've been able to fix things like this before by sshing into my pre and moving/renaming text files around to where they need to be. But with the launcher it seems that the key file is paged_launcher_apps and I don't see where that is supposed to go. I'm pretty sure my data was saved properly. If I manually unzip the file I see:

----------------------------------------------
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/intern...alm.app.launcher# ls -lrth 20110421T040328-0400
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 163 Apr 24 02:23 user-dock-positions.json
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16.0k Apr 24 02:23 paged_launcher_apps
    drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 32.0k Apr 24 02:23 launchpoints
    drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 32.0k Apr 24 02:23 icons

But as soon as I run save/restore, I guess it removes my unzipped files first and then the script fails. I know it worked in the past so I don't understand why there's a problem all of a sudden.
    I'd really like to restore my bookmarks so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    paged_launcher_apps is a directory, but I really don't know where it comes from, I can't find it in the script.

Were both your old and your new phone on webOS 1.4.5?

Note that you also should restore with the same version of Save/Restore you backed up your data!
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    paged_launcher_apps is a directory, but I really don't know where it comes from, I can't find it in the script.

Were both your old and your new phone on webOS 1.4.5?

Note that you also should restore with the same version of Save/Restore you backed up your data!
    Looks like Save/Restore was updated recently so I guess that could be a problem. Is there a way to specify an older version to install in Preware?
    Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by cerenoc View Post
    Looks like Save/Restore was updated recently so I guess that could be a problem. Is there a way to specify an older version to install in Preware?
    Thanks.
    Look here for all versions: link removed as requested by Rod Whitby, if you need it just look at the post under this one

Either copy the link of the file into Preware or download it on your PC and install it via palm-install or Quick Install.

(Note that you have to agree to the testing feed terms when installing any package from the link above)
    Last edited by pcworld; 04/27/2011 at 07:00 AM.
    Look here for all versions: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/
    Either copy the link of the file into Preware or download it on your PC and install it via palm-install or Quick Install.

(Note that you have to agree to the testing feed terms when installing any package from the link above)
    I tried going back to a couple previous versions but no luck. I don't think it would have been too old anyway. In the end I realized that all save/restore wanted is to have user-dock-positions.json in a separate user-dock/ directory. So I made it manually, zipped it back up and it worked like a charm. Not sure what happened but I thought I'd sum it up here for the record.
  10.    #1530  
    pcworld: please link to the testing feeds Wiki page rather than giving a direct link. People *must* read and agree to the conditions, and giving direct links to the feeds bypasses this.

-- Rod
    Free app script request please: Touchnote Postcards
    This app maintains a bunch of your recent used addresses for postcards you've sent to people..
    Quote Originally Posted by cerenoc View Post
    Hi guys,

I got a replacement Pre Plus and am trying to restore it. Things went pretty smoothly overall but I hit a snag with the Launcher:
    caution:filename not matched: user-dock/*
    /media/internal/saverestore/com.palm.app.launcher/20110421T040328-0400/user-dock not found
    I've been able to fix things like this before by sshing into my pre and moving/renaming text files around to where they need to be. But with the launcher it seems that the key file is paged_launcher_apps and I don't see where that is supposed to go. I'm pretty sure my data was saved properly. If I manually unzip the file I see:

root@palm-webos-device:/media/intern...alm.app.launcher# ls -lrth 20110421T040328-0400
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 163 Apr 24 02:23 user-dock-positions.json
    -rwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16.0k Apr 24 02:23 paged_launcher_apps
    drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 32.0k Apr 24 02:23 launchpoints
    drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 32.0k Apr 24 02:23 icons

But as soon as I run save/restore, I guess it removes my unzipped files first and then the script fails. I know it worked in the past so I don't understand why there's a problem all of a sudden.
    I'd really like to restore my bookmarks so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

It looks like its an issue around the user_dock file. Here is what I want you to try and do. using Internalz or any editor, edit the /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.palm.app.launcher script. Where it says:

Code:
    SRCDIR="/var/palm"
    DSTSUB="user-dock"
    FILES="user-dock-positions.json"
    OPTIONAL=false
    try changing the last line to : OPTIONAL=true

let me know if that works

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I have a save/restore script request: Music Player (Remix). I would like to have my preferences backed up. DanPLC provides a bit of information about it here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...36#post2947405.

Thanks (in advance).
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    I have a save/restore script request: Music Player (Remix). I would like to have my preferences backed up. DanPLC provides a bit of information about it here: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...36#post2947405.

Thanks (in advance).
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    However I'm pretty sure db8 isn't supported in Save/Restore, so the script would only be useful for backing up cookie data as well as the main menu item order (which is stored in an sqlite database).
    And with that he's right. I think it wouldn't make that much sense to write a Save/Restore script before it gets db8 support.
    Save/Restore's task is to restore all app data to other Palm Profiles too.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    And with that he's right. I think it wouldn't make that much sense to write a Save/Restore script before it gets db8 support.
    Save/Restore's task is to restore all app data to other Palm Profiles too.
    Respectfully disagreeing, i would love to have S/R support for preferences.
    db8 support would be great too, and i'll look forward to that at some future point.
    Maybe i'll attempt this...
    I have a question, i scimmed through some of the pages, but didnt see anything that answers my question, and i really hope this is the place for this question?

Ive used save/restore in the past flawlessly on 1.4.5, i recently went back to 2.1.0 pre- i know the procedure by heart(huh, why do people say that...sorry) but for some reason it wont restore the back up files w/ the current filename.

for example after the upgrade installed preware and save/restore, i copy over the saverestore folder, but when i run saverestore it shows i have know files to do a restore, i check the folder and it seems that when i run save restore it seems to delete the zip files w/ in the folders \saverestore\org.webosinternals.preware\ after realizing this and knowing i wasnt copying empty folders over i decided to copy the zip file into folder and it still wouldnt show as a restore.

i then did a backup of preware which it created a zip file of which i took that name(which is just the date/time format) and applied that to my the backup i wanted to restore at which point it then showed up in save/restore, now i can go and a do a backup of all the files i have or i could try copying the backups back to the folder and just renamed them, but before i do that would like to know if you guys have seen this? and if there is a solution.

originally i thought it may have been the method i use to upgrade thats why i downgraded. but then my apps didnt follow me back to 1.4.5 and palm couldnt correct it so and help or thoughts will be great...

thanx

-zeek
    Hello,

Here is the Script for Music (Remix).

Since it has been discussed before about db8 not being saved I added a APPNOTE stating "Saves preferences & main menu order only"

Please let me know if you would like me to change anything or if you would like to hold off entering/submitting this into the app until db8 is supported.

Have a good one...
    Is anyone here willing to send me their Save/Restore script for the game Gangstar? I lost all of my game progressess when I changed phones and Gangstar is the only one left that I haven't gotten a script for. I don't want to start all over again. So if you are half way through the game, or even less would be fine; please send me an email, so we can make the transfer.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    It looks like its an issue around the user_dock file. Here is what I want you to try and do. using Internalz or any editor, edit the /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.palm.app.launcher script. Where it says:

Code:
    SRCDIR="/var/palm"
    DSTSUB="user-dock"
    FILES="user-dock-positions.json"
    OPTIONAL=false
    try changing the last line to : OPTIONAL=true

let me know if that works

Adam
    Thanks, Adam.
    Not sure what specifically the optional flag is referring to here but user-dock/ dir was definitely the problem. The script was looking for user-dock-positions.json in user-dock/ but that dir was not part of the backup file. I already found a work-around (See post #1532) so I don't want to mess with it. But seem like an easy fix for whoever wrote the script.
    Here is the Scripts for Quick Post & GeoStrings.

Restores them both completely.

Have a good one...