Page 76 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2666717273747576777879808186 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I just moved from a Pre to a Pre 2.

I used Save / Restore and all my importan stuff is there.

I have a problem with the SMSs. Looks like "restore" is not supported and I badly need my old texts

Are there some manually steps for do the restore?
    Is adding them manually to the database smsmessge a good idea?
    Is a db8 database just plain text or is there a tool for adding records?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevora View Post
    Hi,
    I just moved from a Pre to a Pre 2.

I used Save / Restore and all my importan stuff is there.

I have a problem with the SMSs. Looks like "restore" is not supported and I badly need my old texts

Are there some manually steps for do the restore?
    Is adding them manually to the database smsmessge a good idea?
    Is a db8 database just plain text or is there a tool for adding records?
    There has never been a safe way to restore texts, especially when moving from a 1.x device to a 2.x device. Starting in 2.1, texts will be backed up to your palm profile, but before then, all you can do is look at the HTML file that save/restore created for a reference.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Timestamp: 1300557866000
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    @pcworld - it does appear to be milliseconds after 1970 though it appears to be after 3/1 not 1/1 .....bizarre.
    Last edited by OptimusI; 04/11/2011 at 07:01 PM.
    Thanks for adding SiteStatus...now have a paid version of the app, SiteStatusPro, script is attached. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Kookaroo, the Roku remote for webOS
    Amtrak Commuter, Check your Train schedule
    GPortal Google shortcuts for Google Plus, Google Voice, Google Tasks and other Google Services
    SiteStatus and SiteStatusPro website monitoring tools for webOS
    can I request the app Bill vs Income app?
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusI View Post
    Timestamp: 1300557866000
    in Firefox error console:
    Code:
    alert(new Date(1300557866000));
    "Sat Mar 19 2011 19:04:26 GMT+0100 (CET)"
    So ms after 1970.
    You can convert them all manually or write a script for that.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Hey Adam & Rod -- I think I mentioned this request here a while back and wanted to confirm that it has NOT yet been implemented. (I follow this thread pretty closely, so I don't think I would have missed it).

I have automated S/R backups running every 2 nights (I think) -- not sure why not every night but regardless.... I also have ZZZ Save Restore Zip installed to create a zip file of the S/R entire folder.

However, the "ZZZ Save Restore Zip" script does not run as part of the automated backups (but does run when using S/R manually and selecting Backup All? Is this an intentional omission or a bug?

I know the ideal post would include.... "... and I'm a dev and will try to contribute to the S/R code to make this happen!!!" I wish that were the case, and while I am dipping my toes into WebOS development, but I'm not quite at that level yet and probably won't be for a while. (I'm still getting tripped up by syntax and capitalization in enyo).

Anyway, I figured I'd check in to see if I MIGHT have missed a solution to this.
    OK. I'll throw out a $20 bounty for someone to develop the Save/Restore scripts for PinkPad. It's a period/pregnancy tracker, and a very good app, but I can't back it up other than emailing the data to myself, which then has to be manually re-entered every time I have to doctor or change handsets. The app itself is $4.99. If anyone is interested, PM me and we'll suss out getting you the money.

Thanks!

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey Adam & Rod -- I think I mentioned this request here a while back and wanted to confirm that it has NOT yet been implemented. (I follow this thread pretty closely, so I don't think I would have missed it).

I have automated S/R backups running every 2 nights (I think) -- not sure why not every night but regardless.... I also have ZZZ Save Restore Zip installed to create a zip file of the S/R entire folder.

However, the "ZZZ Save Restore Zip" script does not run as part of the automated backups (but does run when using S/R manually and selecting Backup All? Is this an intentional omission or a bug?

I know the ideal post would include.... "... and I'm a dev and will try to contribute to the S/R code to make this happen!!!" I wish that were the case, and while I am dipping my toes into WebOS development, but I'm not quite at that level yet and probably won't be for a while. (I'm still getting tripped up by syntax and capitalization in enyo).

Anyway, I figured I'd check in to see if I MIGHT have missed a solution to this.
    Please see this post to get the ZZZ script to run with autosave: http://forums.precentral.net/2842217-post1391.html
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by rykatemom View Post
    OK. I'll throw out a $20 bounty for someone to develop the Save/Restore scripts for PinkPad. It's a period/pregnancy tracker, and a very good app, but I can't back it up other than emailing the data to myself, which then has to be manually re-entered every time I have to doctor or change handsets. The app itself is $4.99. If anyone is interested, PM me and we'll suss out getting you the money.

Thanks!
    I will be happy to develop the script... will PM you now

Like any of my work:
    Yeah, I tried to make a PinkPad script, but while the data would save, it would not restore correctly, always exited with a 1. It'd be great if you could get it working.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yeah, I tried to make a PinkPad script, but while the data would save, it would not restore correctly, always exited with a 1. It'd be great if you could get it working.
    The problem is that the app's database name is "[object Object]". While we were able to account for database names with spaces in it, I am pretty sure the [ and ] are causing issues. I will really need to rely on Rod or another dev to help come up with solution to the coding in the app itself. I have attached the outcome of the scripts that clearly shows the problem:

Code:
    + APPSTORE=/media/internal/.app-storage
    + sqlite3 /var/palm/data/Databases.db SELECT origin FROM Origins WHERE origin LIKE "%com.alt12.pinkpad_0"
    + ORIGIN=file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0
    + [ -n file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0 ]
    + sqlite3 /var/palm/data/Databases.db SELECT name FROM Databases WHERE origin = "file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0"
    + DATABASES=[object Object]
    + [ -n [object Object] ]
    + OIFS=

+ IFS=

+ [ restore == save ]
    + [ restore == restore ]
    + mkdir -p /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110415T144850-0400
    + sqlite3 /var/palm/data/Databases.db SELECT path FROM Databases WHERE origin = "file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0" AND name = "[object Object]"
    + FILE=000000000000005e.db
    + expr [object Object] : ext:.*
    + LOC=/var/palm/data/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.alt12.pinkpad_0
    + APPID=[object Object]
    + cd /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110415T144850-0400
    + /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/unzip -q -o /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110415T144850-0400.zip [object Object]
    caution: filename not matched:  [object Object]
    + [ -f /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110415T144850-0400/[object Object] ]
    + echo /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110415T144850-0400/[object Object] not found
    /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110415T144850-0400/[object Object] not found
    + rm -rf /media/internal/saverestore/com.alt12.pinkpad/20110415T144850-0400
    + exit 1
    Any devs have a thought on how to fix this?

malpha -- since you clearly worked on this as well, we can split the bounty...no reason for both of us to lose out purchasing the app. sound good?

Like any of my work:
    Apologies, this is an awfully long thread - is there a nice to have list for the core Save/Restore app itself.

I would really like to know the last time I restored an app not just the last time I'd backed it up. I presume that save/restore only has the latest back-up and doesn't have any history of back-ups that you could choose from?

Or even just a log for itself that you could view from the menu that told you what you'd done with save/restore e.g. timestamp log of backups and restores rather than have additional information against each of the apps where last back-up is really what you need (and what we have).

Thanks.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
  15.    #1515  
    Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    I presume that save/restore only has the latest back-up and doesn't have any history of back-ups that you could choose from?
    That is correct.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Interestingly i think that some apps need you to run them first before save/restore will work. Is this correct? I found Fuel and SecuStore behaved this way with me.
    ___
    My Palm PDA history: m130 > Tungsten T > Tungsten T|X > Pre 2 > HP Pre 3 (unlocked)
    My Mobile history: Nokia 5146 > 3110 > Samsung D900 > N73 > Nokia 6300 > Pre 2 (convergence!) > HP Pre 3
    My Tablet history: HP TouchPad 32Gb (model A - 1st gen)
  17.    #1517  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    The problem is that the app's database name is "[object Object]". While we were able to account for database names with spaces in it, I am pretty sure the [ and ] are causing issues. I will really need to rely on Rod or another dev to help come up with solution to the coding in the app itself.
    Try something like the following (untested, probably with syntax errors):

Code:
            case "$db" in
              "ext:"* ) 
                LOC=$APPSTORE/$ORIGIN/$FILE
                APPID=ext-`expr "$db" : "ext:\(.*\)"`
                ;;
              "["* )
                LOC=$DBSTORE/$ORIGIN/$FILE
                APPID=obj-`echo "$db" | tr -d '[ ]'`
                ;;
              * )
                LOC=$DBSTORE/$ORIGIN/$FILE
                APPID=$db
                ;;
            esac
    in the save stanza and similar in the restore.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  18.    #1518  
    Quote Originally Posted by msdavies View Post
    Interestingly i think that some apps need you to run them first before save/restore will work. Is this correct? I found Fuel and SecuStore behaved this way with me.
    That has always been the case, and hopefully is stated on the wiki. If it is not, please add it.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post

malpha -- since you clearly worked on this as well, we can split the bounty...no reason for both of us to lose out purchasing the app. sound good?
    That is not really necessary, I kind of want a script for the app, too. ^^;; Just pretend half of that bounty is from me.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Does Save/Restore backup and reinstall web pages that I created a launcher icon for?