Page 75 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Doctored my 1.4.5 phone. Installed Preware and am trying to find/install Save/Restore but it's not there... Where'd it go? I have all my normal feeds running including WebOS Internals.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I haven't looked at it, but they could be in a db8 database - does Save/Restore support db8 databases at the moment?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It does not. At some point I'll get around to this.

-- Rod
    Awesome, cause I just realized Koto stores things in a db8 database.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by 74256274 View Post
    Doctored my 1.4.5 phone. Installed Preware and am trying to find/install Save/Restore but it's not there... Where'd it go? I have all my normal feeds running including WebOS Internals.
    Do you mean you doctored your 1.4.5 device to 2.1.0?
    Did you try to install Save/Restore via Quick Install?
    I uploaded a save/restore script here: com.translunardesigns.sitestatus

How often do you release updates?
    Kookaroo, the Roku remote for webOS
    Amtrak Commuter, Check your Train schedule
    GPortal Google shortcuts for Google Plus, Google Voice, Google Tasks and other Google Services
    SiteStatus and SiteStatusPro website monitoring tools for webOS
    Quote Originally Posted by pcimino View Post
    I uploaded a save/restore script here: com.translunardesigns.sitestatus

How often do you release updates?
    in the past, i was usually able to do updates rather quickly. Work and Life have just been crazy for me lately. but i am working on an update now! so hopefully today or tomorrow at the latest
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Save/Restore 1.3.6 has just been submitted to the testing feeds. You should see the update shortly

Updates include:

- Applications: Airplanes, Beat Box, BibleZ (pro), BibleZ, Bubbles (free), Buka, Buka (Lite), gpsDashboard Free, gpsDashboard, Helicopter 3D, Hit the dots, Hyperspace Tournament, Labyrinth Lite, Metronome, Navit, Puzzle Paint (Lite), Puzzle Paint, Radiant, Radiant (Lite), Relego, Rhythm News, Solitaire, SuperNES, Wetter.com, World Time (Lite), World Time (Pro), zcorder (all courtesy of pcworld)
    - Applications: Brothers In Arms 2 (updated), InterfaceLift, Worms (all courtesy of djgardn2)
    - Applications: Go To Demo, Go To Lite, Go To tool (all courtesy of markpowers)
    - Applications: Azkend, Heroes of Kalevala, Just Draw (all courtesy of sunmorgus)
    - Applications: SiteStatus (courtesy of pcimino)

I believe that I am now totally up to date with all scripts posted in the forums. Let me know if I missed any. Otherwise, please let us know if you find any issues with any of the scripts that have been loaded in.

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals ... Please be sure to add the "-all" testing feed and the feed the relates to your device (pre/pixi/emulator)

NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    That was pretty imressive Adam.. You said maybe in the next day or 2, and then delivered like 10 minutes later.. If only Palm would ever do the opposite of the timeframe they give like that.. we'd all be rockin' Pre3's and Touchpads right now..
  8.    #1488  
    If there are any mojo developers wanting to help out on save/restore, we urgently need a spinner for when the scripts are loading.

Contact me if interested.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    That was pretty imressive Adam.. You said maybe in the next day or 2, and then delivered like 10 minutes later.. If only Palm would ever do the opposite of the timeframe they give like that.. we'd all be rockin' Pre3's and Touchpads right now..
    ha! didn't think i would have enough time to get through all the scripts today, but it went faster than expected and didn't get distracted (as i expected to)... so, u get the update sooner!

Like any of my work:
    Hey Adam -- I'm just now getting my Sprint FrankenPre+ with WebOS 2.1 fully back up and running and one of those tasks for me was to get a good save/restore backup completed and turn on Auto backup again.

I was just in the contrib directory to copy the ZZZ saverestore zip script back into /var/svs/... and saw that acal and acsp are still in there... (as they should be for the vast majority of devices which remain on 1.4.5) I know under WebOS 2.1 acap is obsolete.... and I assume that acsp is also since it has changed so much under 2.1. I have similar questions about the deviceinfo script and the relevance of the references auto-correct dictionaries since they now work very differently under webOS 2.1. (Does the autocorrect database now back up to the Palm profile? I think I read that somewhere.

I just thought I'd check to confirm those things and figured you might want to make some 1.4.5 vs 2.1 distinctions into that readme file. Just to be clear, I'm not requesting that you do this, I'm just not sure (a) if I'm right about the above... or (b) how I could help. I don't see the /contrib references / read-me in the wiki. I guess I could figure out how to edit the wiki if that is something you thought was a good idea to put there.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I was just in the contrib directory to copy the ZZZ saverestore zip script back into /var/svs/... and saw that acal and acsp are still in there... (as they should be for the vast majority of devices which remain on 1.4.5) I know under WebOS 2.1 acap is obsolete.... and I assume that acsp is also since it has changed so much under 2.1.
    Will need to check with Sconix on this one.

I have similar questions about the deviceinfo script and the relevance of the references auto-correct dictionaries since they now work very differently under webOS 2.1. (Does the autocorrect database now back up to the Palm profile? I think I read that somewhere.
    if you look at the latest deviceinfo script, you will see that it has some checks for the webOS version #, since auto-correct backup is totally different in 2.0. And, unfortunately, there is no known way to backup the Text Assist data in 2.0. I tried to work on it but can't get it to work ,and it does NOT back up to your Palm Profile.

I just thought I'd check to confirm those things and figured you might want to make some 1.4.5 vs 2.1 distinctions into that readme file. Just to be clear, I'm not requesting that you do this, I'm just not sure (a) if I'm right about the above... or (b) how I could help. I don't see the /contrib references / read-me in the wiki. I guess I could figure out how to edit the wiki if that is something you thought was a good idea to put there.
    Yea, i hear you...will get around to fixing the Readme file. if you want to update the Wiki, go for it! I have not had a chance to get in there at all, myself

Like any of my work:
    can't find Save Restore on my Pre 2 (gsm unlocked) Preware...

Anyone else?
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I had save/restore on my pre minus, I just upgraded to a pre plus and downloaded save/restore again and my data/apps are not coming up again, what do I do?
  14. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 9520G View Post
    I had save/restore on my pre minus, I just upgraded to a pre plus and downloaded save/restore again and my data/apps are not coming up again, what do I do?
    The following directions are posted elsewhere on these forums (just giving credit to whoever put them together, as I did not), and they worked perfectly for me when I had to doctor my phone. They should be the same for you:

1. Open Preware on the old phone, scroll to the bottom and select "Saved Package List" and click "Update"
    2. Open Save/Restore on the old phone, select "Save Application Data" and click "Save Selected"
    3. Connect your old phone to a computer, connect as a USB drive, and make a copy of the "saverestore" directory to your computer. Also, make a copy of any data that you want to back up from the USB drive since that data is also not stored in your Palm backup
    4. After a doctor/phone swap, sign back into your Palm Profile, let all your App Catalog Apps reinstall, and then install Preware and Save/Restore back on to your phone
    5. Connect your phone to a computer, connect as a USB drive, and move your old copy of the "saverestore" directory back onto the phone, along with any other data you backed up in #3 above.
    6. Open Save/Restore, select "Restore Application data", select only Preware and click “Restore Selected”
    7. Open Preware, choose "Saved Package List" and click "Install All"
    8. For each app that you plan on restoring data to, open and close each app in order to initialize the cookies and databases for that app
    9. Open Save/Restore, choose "Restore Application data", click "Select All" or choose the apps you want to restore, and then click "Restore Selected"
    10. Immediately perform a Luna Restart

At this point, all your apps, patches and data should be back on your phone.
    I don't know if this has been discussed or requested previously, but it would be great if SaveRestore could send the backups to an external FTP site or some other form of remote storage...
    This is the Save/Restore for CryptoNotes by HBConcepts (com.hbconcepts.cryptonotes)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by ay View Post
    7. Open Preware, choose "Saved Package List" and click "Install All"
    As a little addition to these instructions:

At this step, after opening Preware, make sure to update your feeds and install the latest version of Save/Restore (the one in the testing feeds, your list of feeds should have been restored with Preware). The one publicly available does not have as many scripts as the one in the testing feed.

Also, if you have patches that you installed manually through WOSQI, those will not restore with the "Install All" option and Preware will hang once it gets there until you backswipe and delete that patch off. So you can either Install All and watch for when one of those shows up or click on each patch individuallly and install those.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Here's a script for FitTrack:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Does anyone know how to translate the timestamps on the SMS backups into something that has meaning?
    Quote Originally Posted by OptimusI View Post
    Does anyone know how to translate the timestamps on the SMS backups into something that has meaning?
    Could you give me example of such an timestamp? Maybe this are (milli)seconds after 01/01/1970?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)