Page 73 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1441  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trader05 View Post
    Hey guys, i just switched devices. Need some help.

I put all the save restore back in the same directory on the usb drive. I went back to restore it and keep getting the same error for each program. I did open each program until it fully loads and closed out before doing this. For example restoring Angry Birds, the last line says "line 80:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/unzip: not found". What am i doing wrong?
    You didn't use Preware to install the application as directed in the Save/Restore documentation.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Just a thought..

Since with a lot of us using meta-doctors and we are unable to back up info to the Palm Profile..

Can Save/Restore save 2.1.0 App Launcher prefs like page names/positions and icon locations?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
  3.    #1443  
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    Just a thought..

Since with a lot of us using meta-doctors and we are unable to back up info to the Palm Profile..

Can Save/Restore save 2.1.0 App Launcher prefs like page names/positions and icon locations?
    I expect it will be possible to do that. Bit busy at the moment yet to focus on Save/Restore.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I expect it will be possible to do that. Bit busy at the moment yet to focus on Save/Restore.

-- Rod
    Quite understandable. This is all that's missing, going from doctor-to-doctor and having to keep erasing the Palm Profile.
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Here's the script for Just Draw...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Here are the scripts for Azkend and Heroes of Kalevala from 10tons
    Just a thought..

S/R should be backing up the icon positions and page names in 2.x ... you can save locations in 1.4.5 and restore in 2.1, but you should be able to save in 2.1 and restore in 2.1. if it is not working, let me know. note that you need to do a Luna Restart after you restore the launcher script

I have a 2.0.1 Pre2 and this works just fine. Note that you need to be running Save/Restore 1.3.1 or higher
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    S/R should be backing up the icon positions and page names in 2.x ... you can save locations in 1.4.5 and restore in 2.1, but you should be able to save in 2.1 and restore in 2.1. if it is not working, let me know. note that you need to do a Luna Restart after you restore the launcher script

I have a 2.0.1 Pre2 and this works just fine. Note that you need to be running Save/Restore 1.3.1 or higher
    Oh, awesome. I'm just waiting for my refurb to get here.

What about launcher icons made from web pages?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Oh, awesome. I'm just waiting for my refurb to get here.

What about launcher icons made from web pages?
    Yup, they stay as well. Again, it only works when upgrading from a 2.x device to a 2.x device, and not from a 1.x device to a 2.x device.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Yup, they stay as well. Again, it only works when upgrading from a 2.x device to a 2.x device, and not from a 1.x device to a 2.x device.
    Confirmed, I updated from 2.1 to 2.1 yesterday to get the newer sprint script with the unmasked profile and it restored all my apps to their proper launcher pages, what a relief! Thanks much!!
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Confirmed, I updated from 2.1 to 2.1 yesterday to get the newer sprint script with the unmasked profile and it restored all my apps to their proper launcher pages, what a relief! Thanks much!!
    Perfect, exactly what I wanted to hear. So you didn't delete your Palm Profile going 2.1 -> 2.1?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Perfect, exactly what I wanted to hear. So you didn't delete your Palm Profile going 2.1 -> 2.1?
    Nope, didn't turn off backup or anything. Left it on and just upgraded from 2.1 to 2.1 and logged right into same profile. The palm backup actually saved all of my custom launcher pages but didn't download the apps to the right ones, so Save/Restore saved the day on that! Also, my SMS messages were even restored from Palm backup which is wonderful!
    Hi,

there's a script for Crusade of Destiny, which, on my 1.4.5 Pre+, doesn't do anything.

When saving, no file name is mentioned, and when restoring, the app doesn't even show in the list - in the list of apps to be saved it reads "no archives available".

Could someone with CoD - and the necessary knowledge - please try to fix this?

All I could do was take a look at the script and make sure that names of the file and its directory were spelt correctly.

Regards,

Jochen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jochen K. View Post
    Hi,

there's a script for Crusade of Destiny, which, on my 1.4.5 Pre+, doesn't do anything.

When saving, no file name is mentioned, and when restoring, the app doesn't even show in the list - in the list of apps to be saved it reads "no archives available".

All I could do was take a look at the script and make sure that names of the file and its directory were spelt correctly.

Regards,

Jochen
    the original script was written by mamouton. You can try to PM him for help. I don't have the game so I cant really help. Sorry
    Hi,

Regards,

Jochen

I will try to look at it today. Are there two versions of Crusade of Destiny maybe a lite and paid version so I know where to start looking for the issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I will try to look at it today. Are there two versions of Crusade of Destiny maybe a lite and paid version so I know where to start looking for the issue?
    Hi,
    I got my CoD from the App Catalog - there's only one hit in thevGerman Catalog version when I search for Crusade.

Tia, Jochen
    Here is the Script for "Worms" , I believe it saves everything necessary.

Please let me know if anyone finds files to add.

I will update if any show up in future, I'm currently on challenge level 33.

Have a Good one...
    Hi,
    I got my CoD from the App Catalog - there's only one hit in thevGerman Catalog version when I search for Crusade.

Tia, Jochen
    Differences between US English and International versions could be part of the problem. Of course, I don't have any version of CoD, so I can't really say for certain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakat Silverstreak View Post
    Differences between US English and International versions could be part of the problem. Of course, I don't have any version of CoD, so I can't really say for certain.
    There's only one version of CoD, see here.
    Script Request on free app: InterFacelift for webOS
    This App allows you to set favorites on pics that can be hard to dig for in the app, and they are all gone upon doctoring.
    Thanks.