Page 72 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172737475767782 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    For those having problems with webOS 2.x and if you have the SDK installed and know how to use the command line on your OS:
    Enter "novaterm" on the command line
    Enter "tail -f /var/log/messages"
    Then load up Save/Restore and look for error messages. It could start with something like "user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: ERROR: native parser didn't like ..."
    Final step: post it here
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    Hi, can you please add the ability to save the custom synergy links in the contacts? I would like this especially since I have a pre minus and I heard the backup of synergy only is going to be brought to webos 2. Thanks so much!
    This will propably never happen... Synergy databases are really complex, as Rod Whitby stated.
  3.    #1423  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    For those having problems with webOS 2.x and if you have the SDK installed and know how to use the command line on your OS:
    Enter "novaterm" on the command line
    Enter "tail -f /var/log/messages"
    Then load up Save/Restore and look for error messages. It could start with something like "user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: org.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: ERROR: native parser didn't like ..."
    Final step: post it here
    An easier way is to use Lumberjack.

-- Rod
    Save/Restore seems to work on my Pre Minus with webOS 2.1.0.
    I hope it is ok to post scripts for someone else's apps... I did those three to make my live easier when experimenting with the 2.1 Doctor

com.tigers.app.done

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="Done!"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.databases

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.cookies

exit 0

org.jsjsjs-$home$.$countdownclock$

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="Count Down Clock"

exit 0

com.georgo.org.precaching

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="Geocaching für Webos"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.databases

exit 0
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I hope it is ok to submit scripts for other developer's apps. I did these 3 to help my experiments with the 2.0.1 Doctor

Geocaching für webOS
    Done!
    Count Down Clock
    Last edited by MaPhi; 02/25/2011 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Included old, buggy script in zip file
    Quote Originally Posted by MaPhi View Post
    I hope it is ok to submit scripts for other developer's apps.
    Of course it's ok. That's the sense of Save/Restore!
    Hello,

I was surprised to find that no one created an Astraware Mahjong script so I created one. I was also looking for a chance to give back to the community other than financially.

Great instructions! By the way, I believe there is an extra space in this comman in the instructions:

FILES=" facebook.dat pref.dat"

I successfully tested this script through the command prompt and through Save/Restore.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Of course it's ok. That's the sense of Save/Restore!
    What he said!!! :-)

Also, FYI that I am still working thru your large collection of scripts you submitted. I got about 30 of them into the app yesterday, and should get the rest in the next few days.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Save/Restore 1.3.4 was updated to the testing feed yesterday

Updates include:

Application update: Clipboard for webOS,
    Application: A+ Student Organizer Trial
    Application: Poker Session Tracker (courtesy of iamthedood)
    Application: ColorHarmony (courtesy of rretsiem)
    Applications: Backgammon, Bible Reader, Blink, Blink (free), Chess for webOS, chess.com, ColorJunction, DasTelefonbuch, Galcon, Labyrinth, Mazer, Palm Developer Day 2010 Schedule, Pandablast, Plumbers Nightmare (Lite), PreJvm, Simple Bible, Tile Breaker, Tile Breaker (Lite), Titan Stopwatch, TuneIn by RadioTime, Virus Defense, Virus Defense (Lite), VLC Remote, VLC Remote (free), webOS Blog, webOS roundup, YouTube Mini, YouTube Mini (Free) (all courtesy of pcworld)'

There are still a lot of scripts from pcworld I am working through, plus a lot of new scripts that have been added to the forums. I will try to get those in to the app within the next few days. Otherwise, please let us know if you find any issues with any of the scripts that have been loaded in.

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals ... Please be sure to add the "-all" testing feed and the feed the relates to your device (pre/pixi/emulator)

NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Here's a Save/Restore script for my ICE - In Case of Emergency homebrew app.

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="ICE - In Case of Emergency"

exit 0
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    I noticed Koto Player isn't supported by Save/Restore. So I decided to take a look at this thread. I would make a request, but I can't put up any bounty because I'm a poor poor child. But I'll definitely write a script for it. It's late right now on the east coast so I'll probably take a look at it tomorrow, but if anyone was looking or waiting for a script for Koto, it's coming (if it isn't too hard).
  13. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I would love to have Fling support on Save/Restore. How do I fund the bounty system?
  14. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Offering $5 for Fling! Save/Restore script.
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Hello? Anyone out there? I have to warranty my Pre, and I don't want to lose my progress on Fling! Please?
    The Fling! script is attached. The wiki tells you how to load it up on your own device.

While I'm here...can anyone do Koto Player? I can't find where things get saved at...might be why I'm having problems getting things saved in the app.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Save/Restore 1.3.5 has just been submitted to the testing feeds. You should see the update shortly

Updates include:

Applications: Done, Count Down Clock, Geocaching for Webos (all courtesy of MaPhi)
    Applications: Astraware Mahjong (courtesy of capt4chris), ICE - In Case of Emergency (courtesy of RickNeff), Fling (courtesy of malpha)
    Applications: Amigo, Bahnfahren, Dict.cc Translator, Forums, Free Klondike Solitaire, Glow Hockey, Glow Hockey FREE, Leo Dictionary, Nodoze, Plasma Cannon, Precentral News (unofficial), Premote , Raging Thunder 2, Rockus Racer Expansion Pack, Snake, Space Sheep, Space Sheep Lite, SWR3-Elchradio, Telmap O2 Germany, Znax (all courtesy of pcworld)

There are still even more scripts from pcworld I am working through, but I believe that I did get every other script on the forums. Let me know if I missed any. Otherwise, please let us know if you find any issues with any of the scripts that have been loaded in.

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals ... Please be sure to add the "-all" testing feed and the feed the relates to your device (pre/pixi/emulator)

NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.

Like any of my work:
  18. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    The Fling! script is attached. The wiki tells you how to load it up on your own device.
    I owe you a bounty. Thanks! (How does one pay a script bounty?)
    Hey guys, i just switched devices. Need some help.

I put all the save restore back in the same directory on the usb drive. I went back to restore it and keep getting the same error for each program. I did open each program until it fully loads and closed out before doing this. For example restoring Angry Birds, the last line says "line 80:/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/unzip: not found". What am i doing wrong?
    Hi Guys,

Before I embark on the webos 2.1 upgrade of my Pre- I was trying to see if I can backup my Tasks and Memos. I have tried the 1.3.5 of Save/Restore as far as I can see restoring Tasks and Memos are not supported.

Has anyone figured out a way to get these restored ?

Thanks for your help !

Regards,
    Roshan