Page 71 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2161666768697071727374757681 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Save/Restore 1.3.3 was just submitted to the testing feed. You should see this shortly in Preware

Updates include:

- Applications: Clipboard for webOS, Carbon Beta (both courtesy of Audemars02)
    - Keep the device awake during scheduled auto-save (courtesy of MetaView)'
    Can I poit you to a post here in the thread, that you may have overlooked? :-)
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2839809

Would be glad to include it in one of the next releases. Thanks! :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post
    Can I poit you to a post here in the thread, that you may have overlooked? :-)
    [url]

Would be glad to include it in one of the next releases. Thanks! :-)
    yea, there are a bunch of scripts I am still collecting... Notice my statement "There are bunch of scripts still in the forums that need updating. I should be able to get to them in the next day or two."

Adam
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    yea, there are a bunch of scripts I am still collecting... Notice my statement "There are bunch of scripts still in the forums that need updating. I should be able to get to them in the next day or two."

Adam
    Sorry!
    I think I read it wrong, I read your statement, but understood it as "Scripts that are already in SaveRestore needs to be updating" not that there are also new meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by rretsiem View Post
    Sorry!
    I think I read it wrong, I read your statement, but understood it as "Scripts that are already in SaveRestore needs to be updating" not that there are also new meant.
    NO WORRIES.. will try to get to later today, but no promises!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Thank you guys for your work.

I've been using this app for a minute and it works great, saved me once already.
    I'm glad that a script for SuperNES was submitted. I was looking at the Visual Boy Advance script and figured out that you could literally just change the script name and the program name reference in the script and it would work but it looks like someone else made a script :-P. Being able to backup my savs automatically is the only thing that is keeping me from playing a lot more
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Hi,

I physically broke the glass of my pixi and the touch screen doesn't work AT ALLl.

I have preware, terminal and Save/Restores installed on it.
    With universal search I can start the "terminal" app.

Is there a way to run Save/Restore from the command line for be able to save my data to a replacement phone?

Cheers
    JD
    @jdevora:
    Download the attached file and extract it on your PC.
    Put your Pixi in USB mode (Sym+Opt+U) and copy the file "save_commandline" into the main folder.
    Go back from USB mode and open the terminal app.
    Type in (without the quotes) - press enter after each one:
    "cd /media/internal"
    "chmod +x ./save_commandline"
    "./save_commandline"
    Now it should save all your installed apps.

I hope that works, I didn't test it.
    (Note: There will be better ways...! )
    Attached Files Attached Files
  9.    #1409  
    You could use the launch parameters to initiate a scheduled save.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You could use the launch parameters to initiate a scheduled save.

-- Rod
    Is there any documentation about those parameters?

Cheers
    JD
  11.    #1411  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevora View Post
    Is there any documentation about those parameters?

Cheers
    JD
    Line 99 of git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/saverestore.git/blob - app/assistants/app-assistant.js

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I got a problem restoring the files for TAN Total. Save/restore shows an error on the restore, please see attached screenshot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  13.    #1413  
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    I got a problem restoring the files for TAN Total. Save/restore shows an error on the restore, please see attached screenshot.
    Use the same version of Save/Restore for the save *and* the restore.

-- Rod
    Suggestion: On the opening screen of Save/Restore can the date of the last "save" be shown?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Hello, this is Ken Corbett, the developer of A+ Student Organizer. I have received some requests that save/restore functionality for the trial version of my app be included in the save/restore app. As the required saving would be the same as the full version of my app which is already included in the app would it be possible to add this? If so I would be very grateful.

The app ID for the trial version is com.forethoughtlabs.studentorganizertrial.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by KenCorbettJr View Post
    Hello, this is Ken Corbett, the developer of A+ Student Organizer. I have received some requests that save/restore functionality for the trial version of my app be included in the save/restore app. As the required saving would be the same as the full version of my app which is already included in the app would it be possible to add this? If so I would be very grateful.

The app ID for the trial version is com.forethoughtlabs.studentorganizertrial.

Thanks!
    should be easy enough... I have been crazy swamped with work and real life, so have a big backlog of scripts I need to add. So, i will add this one to the list!
    Hi, I could't get the call log to restore when I recently had to replace my pre plus.
    I ran the pre backup utility, then save/restore. Saved all. Then I went into Preware and saved the Package list.
    I copied the saverestore folder in the /media/internal folder to the new phone. Then I activated it and did a restore [save/restore] and then I checked and the call log was blank. FAIL!?!

So after some searching I found SQLite and the file /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3.
    I used internals to copy that file to /media/internals on both phones. Then I used SQlite to open the old one. I went to com_palm_superlog_Superlog and exported it as a csv file. I then opened the new db file and deteted the above table, then imported the one I had exported from the old db. I then saved it on the new phone. On the phone I used Internals to copy the db file back to its "phone" location. Then I rebooted the phone. When it was back on I checked and my old call log is now on my new phone!!! SUCCESS!!!

I could have done that with the message log, but it seems to have several tables and I don't trust that I won't mess it up. But I did export the conversations to a CSV file for later viewing on my computer...
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    I thing I noticed, the saved package list made it to the new phone and somehow all the patches didn't show up. only the 14 apps I had show up. Not the 33 patches that were installed.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Just curious, so far in webOS 2.0.1, Save/Restore has been hit or miss.. it seems about half of my apps show up and are able to restore, but many others that backed up fine in 1.4.5 don't even show up at all, like you can't save or restore, it just doesn't even see them. Like Keyring for example.. or Jogstats.. Is there a manual way to restore these somehow or a fix/workaround? Thanks.

Update: it was the beta 2.0.1 webOS that was buggy because it is working perfectly in 2.1 for all my saved apps..
    Last edited by volcom45; 02/28/2011 at 04:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Hi, can you please add the ability to save the custom synergy links in the contacts? I would like this especially since I have a pre minus and I heard the backup of synergy only is going to be brought to webos 2. Thanks so much!