Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    i think support for all 3d games would b great cuz i have a ton of them, assassins creed, avatar, gangstar, hero of sparta, N.O.V.A., SUPER ko boxing,
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  2.    #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    i think support for all 3d games would b great cuz i have a ton of them, assassins creed, avatar, gangstar, hero of sparta, N.O.V.A., SUPER ko boxing,
    Please read about the bounty system outlined in the first post, which has been successfully employed by a number of people in this thread to incentivise developers to add support for their favourite applications.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by webfellow View Post
    Rod:

The com.palm.app.messaging and srf.app.query shell scripts were generating a bad SQL query:

com.palm.app.messaging was:
    Code:
    QUERY="SELECT $FIELDS FROM com_palm_pim_FolderEntry WHERE messageType like \"\$table\""
    com.palm.app.messaging should be:
    Code:
    QUERY="SELECT $FIELDS FROM com_palm_pim_FolderEntry WHERE messageType like \"TABLE\""
    Because...

srf.app.query was:
    Code:
            sqlite3 -html $DATABASE "$QUERY ;" >> $DSTDIR/$table.html || exit 1
    srf.app.query should be:
    Code:
            sqlite3 -html $DATABASE "`echo $QUERY | sed 's/TABLE/'${table}'/g'` ;" >> $DSTDIR/$table.html || exit 1
    The reason is that $table in $QUERY was not being translated, by doing this it properly swaps out the text for a variable. Maybe I am fixing this wrongly, but after much research and attempts to fix it, I know that it didn't work before but it does work now.

Please check my work and put the fix in for everyone else if you can, I don't know how to do that part (or if I even can?).

Thanks for the great software and keeping stuff open source!

--Will
    Thanks for the details bug report and suggested fix. I've fixed it slightly differently, but basically the way you described. Nice work.

Save/Restore 0.6.8 contains the fix, and new support for N.O.V.A ...

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I know some people that will be happy to know it's been fixed

I've been rummaging through the database and WebOS source since I went looking for the way to fix this and I have been trying to map out the logic behind how it stores information. I will let you know what I find once I figure it out because I'd love to be able to restore these things too.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I know some people that will be happy to know it's been fixed

I've been rummaging through the database and WebOS source since I went looking for the way to fix this and I have been trying to map out the logic behind how it stores information. I will let you know what I find once I figure it out because I'd love to be able to restore these things too.
    That would be great if you figure that out!
    Thanks again for the fix, I started looking through the palm database myself before you found the fix and I had no idea how it worked at all, luckily you were here to find the fix otherwise I probably would have been stuck on it for weeks figuring out what to do. The farthest I got was copying over the entire database to my computer and browsing through it with notepad then sqliteman, and it looked incredibly confusing, I've never dealt with sqlite before.
    I currently have Save/Restore 0.6.6 and I can see the update to 0.6.8 in Preware but the update button is not available, only remove. Should I remove my old version to update to the current? Why am I not able to update the application like normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by datboi208 View Post
    I currently have Save/Restore 0.6.6 and I can see the update to 0.6.8 in Preware but the update button is not available, only remove. Should I remove my old version to update to the current? Why am I not able to update the application like normal?
    My thinking is that it looks like preware has this included internally now? I think I saw that the last time I loaded it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by spottedkangaroo View Post
    My thinking is that it looks like preware has this included internally now? I think I saw that the last time I loaded it up.
    So does this mean it is a true update and I should remove my old version and reinstall with the new version? I just don't want to lose the program for a phantom update that will break the program if I try to install it.
    Can this successfully restore Text Messages yet?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Can this successfully restore Text Messages yet?
    Not yet unfortunately, however if you keep a backup of the palmdatabase.db3, as explained here, http://www.precentral.net/how-back-y...le-information you can.

I was wondering if it is possible for Save/Restore to just backup the entire palmdatabase.db3 file since that is a much better backup itself than palm's own backup system, it is already very easy to do with internalz or quickinstall but this would be better for the average user since not many know they can do that.

I myself just lost everything on my pre since it could not log into my palm profile for some reason earlier today and forced me to reset it to log back in. I thought resetting it would just restart it, but anyways, I am extremely frustrated with palm for making me do that just to log back into their useless profile. At least I still had the palmdatabase.db3 on my pc from a couple weeks ago that I was examining.
    volcom45: The reason we cannot implement a restore feature yet is because Palm has done very interesting things with the normalization of the database schemas. In other words, they have stored the data somewhat inconsistently between multiple tables and it is taking some time to research their methodology.

Just be patient, if it isn't me, someone will figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by vandelay View Post
    Not yet unfortunately, however if you keep a backup of the palmdatabase.db3, as explained here, http://www.precentral.net/how-back-y...le-information you can.

I was wondering if it is possible for Save/Restore to just backup the entire palmdatabase.db3 file since that is a much better backup itself than palm's own backup system, it is already very easy to do with internalz or quickinstall but this would be better for the average user since not many know they can do that.

I myself just lost everything on my pre since it could not log into my palm profile for some reason earlier today and forced me to reset it to log back in. I thought resetting it would just restart it, but anyways, I am extremely frustrated with palm for making me do that just to log back into their useless profile. At least I still had the palmdatabase.db3 on my pc from a couple weeks ago that I was examining.
    The reason I asked is because I've tried this restoring of the database file and it broke my MMS picture sending. I posted a thread and many others had the same issue. I couldn't give up my MMS sends just to have my text messages recovered so I was hopeful for an alternative method..
  13.    #133  
    The reason I asked is because I've tried this restoring of the database file and it broke my MMS picture sending. I posted a thread and many others had the same issue. I couldn't give up my MMS sends just to have my text messages recovered so I was hopeful for an alternative method..
    Yep, we have a mantra of "First, do no harm", so there will not be a restore of messaging in Save/Restore until someone finds a safe way to do it.

-- Rod
    Thanks! I've had to doctor my phone a couple of times. I'm going to have to spin through my apps to see which ones I need data backed up for in the future. I'm more than willing to donate again to get this thing running for every app I need it for. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    This would be really great if it could restore link relationships among contacts.. Thats one of the most time consuming things I have to do when doing a device swap or doctor. I assume this relies on the palmdatabase.db3 file?
    Wow, I have a ton of apps that I would to be supported but I don't know if I have all the bounty money to get them included.

I will request only 3 apps just in case someone else has mentioned them.

I also would need the link to pay this bounty, has that been setup?

1) This is not an app, but a issue:

The only contacts I have are from Pocket Mirror, my Outlook contacts. So restoring contacts is very easy for me.

But for some reason Pocket Mirror can not restore the contact photos linked to each contact that I have.

Can this Save/Restore be able to re-establish those linked photos? I know that the actual photos are turned into some kind of thumbnails to make this more complex.

If it can't, I have requested Chapura makers of Pocket Mirror to add this feature, but a while ago they told me the API's were not available to do this.

2) The 'Epocrates' drug reference application. I take a lot (and I mean a lot) of medications. In Eprocrates, I select and save my list of medications I take and also have linked to there 'drug interaction' page.

3) The 'Family Medical History' application. It actually has a Export/Import feature but for some reason does not restore all of the info. It doesn't restore all my medication listings.

Those for me are the most time consuming things to add back in upon a full erase and or doctoring of the phone.

Most of the other apps I use, thankfully have some sort of backup feature.

Thanks!

Again, the first item I listed is probably the most complex of the other two.

I just wanted to see what opinions are on that request.

Thanks!

Rob

PS Once again, what is the link to this bounty payment thing is?
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, the architecture supports that. Someone will need to write the script to extract them and reinsert them properly.

-- Rod
    Time for me to hop into the irc and get to working on that.
    I have a query that formats the text messages with known names from the phone into the backed up data.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    volcom45: The reason we cannot implement a restore feature yet is because Palm has done very interesting things with the normalization of the database schemas. In other words, they have stored the data somewhat inconsistently between multiple tables and it is taking some time to research their methodology.

Just be patient, if it isn't me, someone will figure it out.
    Get in the IRC so we can have a chat about the text messages restore etc.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    You should never fully replace the database file, due to how data is written to the database something is bound to break.. FYI
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    rwhitby, I have been using your products (and other developers on this team) for a while and would like to contribute towards this and others. Is the best way through the paypal link in the first post?
    Last edited by IndyJoe; 04/22/2010 at 04:28 PM.
Page 7 of 93 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast