Page 68 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #1341  
    Quote Originally Posted by Professore View Post
    I think so. The App ID is "com.ea.app.nfsuc.eu.es" (I looked it up with Internalz, going to the folder "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.ea.app.nfsuc.eu.es". Is that correct?)
    That is correct.

-- Rod
    Quick question about restoring ModeSwitcher settings / modes.

Yesterday, I was working with a Palm tech over chat to solve my Sprint Pre+ issue of failing to automatically back up to the Palm profile - not once since I completed the Pre-Plus conversion. The end result for me was a partial erase to clear all apps and data. (and no Palm Profile to restore since Backup wasn't working). Since I have all my PIM information in the cloud and I use Save/Restore for everything else, this really wasn't too big of a deal. I was back up and running in a few hours. Mainly, my extra steps over prior Erase and Dr events were: I had to use ACAL to add the extra 7 launcher pages and move all my apps back to the page they belong (now I think I could have actually used S/R for this too but oh well)-- I also had to manually add my email and PIM account info.

However, after running Save/Restore to get most things back to their prior state, I noticed that Mode Switcher will not restore it's settings (after multiple attempts, luna/full restarts, etc...). However, two weeks ago, after first "plussing" my Pre, I used the SAME EXACT S/R folder and backup file to restore the same exact preferences.sql file to Mode Switcher on my Pre after I put it back together and Dr'd it to Sprint 1.4.5 (via 1.4.1.1 because of the App Catatlog issue). That MS restore worked flawlessly. This only difference between my device restore on 12/22 and yesterday is that on 12/22, I had a full palm profile backup including the appropriate databases (I assume palmdatabase.db3, databases.db, etc....) I confirmed the preferences.sql file is the right one and is not empty -- viewing it with Notepad++ shows all of my default settings and Modes.

Does my explanation of what is happening make sense?

Since the Mode Switcher backup is a .sql file, is the reason the restore failed related to the failure to get back to my prior Palm Profile and database(s)? Is there anything I could have done differently to restore the file? I'm happy to try to replicate this if anyone thinks it would help.

FYI - in case this happens to anyone else, my solution was to start up my old VZW Pre-minus and manually export (via Wifi) all of my Modes to google docs and then import them into the new Sprint Pre+. The only mode I then had to update setting manually was the Default mode (since it did not appear able to be exported to google docs). Lesson here: once you have MS working with the modes you want, go through the trouble of backing modes up to Google docs as well as to S/R.
    Hey, I was going to write an updated version of the Timepiece script because the old version wasn't working for me since Timepiece now uses databases. However, while the info/save parts of the script exit 0, the restore portion does not. I get a lot of errors about files not being found, which I do not know how to correct. I attached the output.

Everything seems to have restored, though.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
  4.    #1344  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Hey, I was going to write an updated version of the Timepiece script because the old version wasn't working for me since Timepiece now uses databases. However, while the info/save parts of the script exit 0, the restore portion does not. I get a lot of errors about files not being found, which I do not know how to correct. I attached the output.

Everything seems to have restored, though.
    When you saved, it found 3 databases. When you restored, the app now had 4 databases, but the save zip only contained the 3 which were saved.

Any idea why?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    When you saved, it found 3 databases. When you restored, the app now had 4 databases, but the save zip only contained the 3 which were saved.

Any idea why?

-- Rod
    Yeah, looking at the Databases.db file, it appears that there's a db file for each alarm, so whenever you add an alarm, a new one appears. After saving, I deleted a couple of alarms and add a new one, so when it went to restore it found an extra file.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by Professore View Post
    I think so. The App ID is "com.ea.app.nfsuc.eu.es" (I looked it up with Internalz, going to the folder "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.ea.app.nfsuc.eu.es". Is that correct?)
    I will work on getting this script added shortly...but a few quick comments:

1) To find an AppID, two easy ways to do that is to (1) open up the App Catalog, find your app, and tap the "share" via "text message" and you will see the link that includes the AppID! or (2) go into Preware, find the app, and look at the details...it should include the ID
    2) in the meantime, you should be able to quickly adjust one of existing scripts to give you local support for NFSU. Using Internalz, just go to /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore, find the file named com.ea.app.nfsuc.eu.en and just rename it to com.ea.app.nfsuc.eu.es ...

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Hey folks,

I am the developer of TapNote, and since I've been wanting Save/Restore support for my own app (as the Palm Profile doesn't backup ext: databases, darn it all) I created the appropriate script for it (attached). I would love to see it included in Save/Restore so that I can use it myself.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I tested scheduled saves with 1.2.8 (I see that 1.2.9 is in the testing feeds now, I'll try that tonight).

Everything saved properly EXCEPT Angry Birds, Angry Birds Lite, and SprintTV. I'm not sure why they didn't save. The following are the apps that I have installed that are supported by S/R:

Angry Birds
    Angry Birds Lite
    AutoReplace Dictionary
    Bad Kitty
    BFG Maps
    Bluetooth
    Card Ace
    Card Ace: Blackjack
    Checkbook Beta
    drPodder HB
    Govnah
    Internalz
    Launcher
    LaunchPoint SpeedDial
    LED Torch
    Memos
    Messaging
    Mode Switcher
    Music (Remix)
    New York Times
    Pandora
    Paratrooper
    Preware
    Sprint TV
    Tasks
    Terminal
    The Weather Channel
    Timepiece
    Uber-Kernel
    Web
    Wifi Profiles
    Word Ace
    Xbox Live Friends
    YouTube

Everything except the two Angry Birds apps and Sprint TV had restore times of this morning at 3:05AM, which is when I had scheduled the update for.

Also, it looks like everything restored in reverse alphabetical order.

Kevin
    DDT1345
  9.    #1349  
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    I tested scheduled saves with 1.2.8 (I see that 1.2.9 is in the testing feeds now, I'll try that tonight).

Also, it looks like everything restored in reverse alphabetical order.
    Please do re-test with 1.2.9, and also do a manual save and confirm that everything is saved correctly when running manually.

The autosave is currently done in reverse alphabetical order. It's not a bug (it was programmed that way), but in a future release, this will be changed.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Please do re-test with 1.2.9, and also do a manual save and confirm that everything is saved correctly when running manually.

The autosave is currently done in reverse alphabetical order. It's not a bug (it was programmed that way), but in a future release, this will be changed.

-- Rod
    Rod,

I updated to 1.2.9 and manually saved Angry Birds and Angry Birds Lite without any trouble. As for Sprint TV, that did not save, said "Archive not saved".

I hadn't accessed Sprint TV in a very long time, so I thought it might be due to that. I ran Sprint TV, watched a channel, closed the application, then tried again and it saved without any trouble.

I scheduled a restore for 2340 EST and shutdown the app, however it did not run. I scheduled again for 2345 and again it didn't run. I'm not sure if it already thinks it did a backup for today and isn't running or if this is a bug. I'm going to schedule for 0305 like I did yesterday and see what happens. I'll report back here tomorrow morning.

Didn't mean to make is sound like the reverse order was a bug, just an observation on my part. Just seemed strange, I don't care if it goes in reverse as long as it saves everything!

Kevin
  11.    #1351  
    Quote Originally Posted by DDT1345 View Post
    Rod,

I updated to 1.2.9 and manually saved Angry Birds and Angry Birds Lite without any trouble. As for Sprint TV, that did not save, said "Archive not saved".

I hadn't accessed Sprint TV in a very long time, so I thought it might be due to that. I ran Sprint TV, watched a channel, closed the application, then tried again and it saved without any trouble.

I scheduled a restore for 2340 EST and shutdown the app, however it did not run. I scheduled again for 2345 and again it didn't run. I'm not sure if it already thinks it did a backup for today and isn't running or if this is a bug. I'm going to schedule for 0305 like I did yesterday and see what happens. I'll report back here tomorrow morning.

Didn't mean to make is sound like the reverse order was a bug, just an observation on my part. Just seemed strange, I don't care if it goes in reverse as long as it saves everything!

Kevin
    If you set it for a later time on the same day, it doesn't back up until at least 24 hours has passed. Set the N days to '0' if you want to do a one-shot test.

In the future, I'll try and work out how to make it save later on the same day even when N days is set to 1.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    If you set it for a later time on the same day, it doesn't back up until at least 24 hours has passed. Set the N days to '0' if you want to do a one-shot test.

In the future, I'll try and work out how to make it save later on the same day even when N days is set to 1.

-- Rod
    Rod,

Thanks for the info for the "one off" scheduled restore. I did not try that as I just read this now, but I'll try it later.

I set the scheduled s/r to 0305 this morning and it worked without any trouble. Angry Birds and Angry Birds Lite both saved as well as Sprint TV. Everything that is a supported app on my phone saved with out any trouble.

Of course my only proof is the saved times listed in the S/R app, I have not tried to actually do a restore, although I'd imagine that would work fine, since it has worked fine for me in the past.

To me, for my Sprint Pre Minus (Uberkernel) the scheduled saves seem to be working flawlessly.

Thanks for the great work (for all of what WebOS Internals does, I've made numerous donations).

Thanks to @technisode for the scheduled saves work.

Kevin
    DDT1345
    Last edited by DDT1345; 01/11/2011 at 08:53 AM.
    Are there any plans to add support for Angry Birds Seasons?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Are there any plans to add support for Angry Birds Seasons?
    It's already there. If you don't have it, make sure you have to the testing feed on, I don't think the one on the non-testing feeds has been updated to include it.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Good evening,
    I remeber one time we had the ability to zip the files into one zip file. Is that feature gone now?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Good evening,
    I remeber one time we had the ability to zip the files into one zip file. Is that feature gone now?
    It's still there, you just need to copy the script from the contrib folder.
    Can I use wildcards for the files script?
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Can I use wildcards for the files script?
    Yes. For an example, read the script I posted for James Cameron's Avatar.
    See attached for new and updated scripts for our Sports Live! suite.

New apps:
    - College Basketball Live!
    - Euro Football Live!
    - Women's College Basketball Live!

Updated scripts (to work with Sports Live! v2.0.x):
    - Baseball Live!
    - Basketball Live!
    - College Football Live!
    - Football Live!
    - Hockey Live!
    - International Soccer Live!
    - Sports Live!
    - UK Football Live!
    - US Soccer Live!
    - Women's Basketball Live!
    Sports Live!: info | download
    Market Pulse HD: info | download

Follow us on Twitter: @MoreSolApps / @SportsLiveApps / @MarketPulseApp / @MoreStocks
    Find us on Facebook
    Hey Adam --

Just checking in with a questions on the new Auto-Save feature (THANKS ryanjduffy!!!).... I had set mine to every 7 days which worked great (although I became impatient waiting for the 7 days to be up... so I think I'll go to every day or two) However, I noticed that the ZZZ-Save-Restore 'add-on' script didn't get saved as part of the scheduled back-up process. I also know that the auto-save currently saves the files in Reverse alphabetical order, so saving the ZZZ... first wouldn't actually accomplish anything except to zip up the prior save's data...

all of that said, is "ZZZ..." excluded for a particular reason? No demands from me to make it work, just wondering what's next in the Auto-save roadmap... and if backing up the full S/R folder to a zip might become part of that? (Then I just need to get Dropboxify to enable a 'watch folder' automated backup to upload the backup to the cloud every few days after S/R runs!!)
    Last edited by greenawayj; 01/19/2011 at 10:35 AM.