Page 67 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakat Silverstreak View Post
    When you said they "cold booted," do you mean they did a Full Erase? If they did, that erases the USB partition, which takes all of Save/Restore's data with it. Unless you had copied it off to your computer first, there would be no way to get it back.
    They said a Hard Reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    My recommendation is that people do a methodical prepared controlled full erase and doctor before taking a phone anywhere near a support person. Then you get to backup and restore under your terms, and it also solves 90% of the problems anyway, saving you the trip.

-- Rod
    Ok, next time. But IF the data is still on my phone, where would it be and how can I get it back into the app?
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmup View Post
    Ok, next time. But IF the data is still on my phone, where would it be and how can I get it back into the app?
    BTW, I took it in for cell reception problems. Not data or app problems. Never thought they would blow it all away without checking with me first. Like I said - wasn't thinking.
    If the data is still on your phone, it will be in the USB Partition in the saverestore directory.
  5.    #1325  
    BTW, I took it in for cell reception problems. Not data or app problems. Never thought they would blow it all away without checking with me first. Like I said - wasn't thinking.
    You should sue them for loss of data if they did it without your consent.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Guys, I know that there are a lot of scripts that have been posted here in the last week or so and has not been added to the app. I have been a bit off the grid these past few weeks due to a crazy work schedule. Next week should be nice and quiet so I should be able to review all the scripts that have been posted and add them to S/R.

I also want to go and update my walk-thru earlier in this thread for some of the changes that have been made over the last few months...
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    O.K., one happy camper here!

My Sprint Pre's touch screen cracked and was unusable. I was sad--had that Pre since they came out and it was a real trooper!

Anyway, I rely on my Pre for work every day, so the next morning I go to my trusty local Sprint store to give them my sob story (Yes, it's true: my Sprint store is fantastic. The manager runs a great shop: the staff clearly enjoys working there and for him and they seem like they really want to help--and they do).

The sales and tech guys didn't bat an eye, took the phone and told me to come back in 45 min. for a replacement. I had insurance, but I got the feeling it wouldn't have mattered.

So, then the moment of truth: first, Palm backed up my data and apps just fine. Then I ran the Save/Restore procedure as outlined in a PreCentral tip. I had been a good boy and did the "Save" part regularly and had done so just a week ago.

The Restore was easy and I soon had a brand new Pre that looked and functioned like my dead one (before it died, that is). Very happy and relieved!

Interesting aside: the new Pre seems snappier even without overclocking; also, I have a renewed appreciation for the Pre and WebOS, so it'll be easier waiting for 2.0 and new hardware etc.

THANKS AGAIN, Rod and WebOS Internals!!!!
    I had some data loss in wIRC - all my settings gone etc.

I tried to restore from save/restore and it had no effect.

I uninstalled and reinstalled wIRC and then tried a restore, and still no effect.

I checked lumberjack for save/restore and it was empty - no errors.

Anything I can do, please let me know, including even nuking my config and attemping some kind of step by step controlled restore...
    perhaps from an ipkg or some sort? My phone no longer has service and cannot access the standard installation paths through Preware...I have searched these threads to no avail for an alternate way, but I must be overlooking it.

Thanks, and sorry if I missed the obvious.
    matt
    Just wrote up scripts for my 2 apps - InContact and InContact Plus. Thanks for making it so easy to add Save/Restore support!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Anyone want to split the bounty for Active Card 2.0 with me while it's on Christmas Sale?
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Good question. I poked around but could not find another directory.
    I'm I the only one having problems with Angry Birds?

I used Save/Restore to save AB data and the process of saving sent me back to a very old completion level. That after I had made it to 3 stars for each level.

Now I know where that Angry in Angry Birds comes from.

I guess I'm a slow learner. Note to self: never backup AB data agin!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I'm I the only one having problems with Angry Birds?

I used Save/Restore to save AB data and the process of saving sent me back to a very old completion level. That after I had made it to 3 stars for each level.

Now I know where that Angry in Angry Birds comes from.

I guess I'm a slow learner. Note to self: never backup AB data agin!
    I restored AB just a week ago after Plussing my Sprint Pre. No problems. Do you have any previous Save Restore Files for AB you can try? Maybe one backed up to your computer?
    Hi Rod,

First, thank you so much you for that great tool! Second, is it possible to add Need For Speed Undercover Spanish edition support to S/R?
    MyLists is listed in the Supported Applications list, and shows up in my Installed Applications list, but doesn't appear in my Save Application Data list.

I just had to swap out for a replacement phone, and used S/R to bring back all of my app data. Unfortunately, MyLists' data is gone, gone, gone.

How can I fix this for the future?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Professore View Post
    Hi Rod,

First, thank you so much you for that great tool! Second, is it possible to add Need For Speed Undercover Spanish edition support to S/R?
    Should be easy enough to do..can you tell me what the App ID is? there are a bunch of different NFSU versions and want to make sure i get the right one? Do you know how to get that?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Thanks for this great piece of work. I replaced my launch day Pre just over a month ago and was able to get everything back in one piece without issue! Love this community.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Save/Restore 1.2.7 was just submitted to the testing feed. You should see this shortly in Preware

Updates include:

-Applications: InContact Plus, InContact (both courtesy of ryanjduffy)
    -Applications: EVAC, Dough (both courtesy of Carl Spakler)
    -Applications: EZ Shop List (courtesy of crabbz)
    -Applications: Dead Runner (courtesy of Audemars02)
    -Applications: Feeder, Reboxed, Word Whirl, Gamer Friends for PSN, Tangram, Tilt Origami, Wobble Words, ExZeus arcade, Scrabble, Quell, Tradewinds 2 (all courtesy of malpha)

This should account for ALL scripts currently posted in the thread. If I missed any, please let me know and I will add them in. Please let us know if you find any issues with any of the scripts.

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals ... Please be sure to add the "-all" testing feed and the feed the relates to your device (pre/pixi/emulator)

NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.

Like any of my work:
    Rod -- I was working on trying to figure out how to recreate the Launcher script for 2.x. I think I figured it out by restoring the /var/luna/preferences/launcher-cards.json file.

So, my question for you is this...
    How do I specify If webOS verison is <= 1.4.5, do X, and if webOS version is >= 2.0, do Y?

EDIT #1 - i did some digging. am i correct that i can do the following:

if `webos_version_lt 2.0.0` ; then (do old stuff)
    if `webos_version_ge 2.0.0` ; then (do new stuff)

EDIT #2 - I created a script that appears to work for me on both a 1.4.5 and a 2.0.1 device. anyone else out there willing to test this for me?

Thanks
    Adam
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Audemars02; 01/04/2011 at 02:42 PM.

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Should be easy enough to do..can you tell me what the App ID is? there are a bunch of different NFSU versions and want to make sure i get the right one? Do you know how to get that?
    I think so. The App ID is "com.ea.app.nfsuc.eu.es" (I looked it up with Internalz, going to the folder "/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.ea.app.nfsuc.eu.es". Is that correct?)