Page 66 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by govotsos View Post
    I'm running 0.9.4 right now. I used to have a single .db that I'd manually copy & after a reload, run Word Whirl once to create the word list & establish the .db. I'd rename the copied .db to the new name & overwrite. That restored the word list, score, & current level. The last time I went to do that, I discovered there was a subdirectory & simply replacing the .db didn't work (really annoyed me since I was over level 1400). Since then, I haven't been able to repeatably create a reliable backup. I have to be real careful now since the dev has confirmations for all actions EXCEPT for end game & it's awful easy to hit that when restoring from card view. I've written the dev about that several times, but so far he hasn't added a confirmation.

I only use puzzle mode since I don't have the relexes any more for times games AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $I$ $only$ $have$ $one$ $word$ $list$.
    Okay, I see. Well, I have 0.9.4 as well and there's only one database (and no subdirectory). I've played games in both timed and puzzle mode now, with both word lists and there is still only one database. I have deleted and reinstalled and there is only one database still. So, I can't reproduce it...But, I will upload the single script for you to test on yours following the instructions here if you're willing to take the risk...Application:SaveRestore - WebOS Internals

Right now the script restores word list, score, and current level (you don't have to even let the word list finish building after launching the first time). To restore Preferences and High Scores you must do a Luna Restart after restore.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Here is a Save/Restore script I made for EZ Shop List. I have no connection with the app, just a user if that's ok. The script seems to be working well for me. :-)
    hello,

I am trying to restore my preware installed patches/apps using save and restore with no success and I've doctored/restored the phone three times. After my first doctoring I installed preware, and save & restore, restored and went to preware to do the "Install all". The first try the phone rebooted. The second try preware hung up on paratrooper mini and kept hanging every time i tried. I went to the App Catalog and installed paratrooper mini, restarted & tried again thinking that might help. It didnot. Now it doesn't do anything when I hit "Install all". I doctored again and I keep having the same thing, no response with the button. I was also reading the instructions at the PreCentral and noticed I didnot do step #1 before creating my backups. Does this mean my backups are botched? I dont see the 40+ packages I had before I doctored on the saved package list. If my backups are botched let me know and I'll start from scratch. I even have two backups and the two behave the same.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mojonba View Post
    hello,

I am trying to restore my preware installed patches/apps using save and restore with no success and I've doctored/restored the phone three times. After my first doctoring I installed preware, and save & restore, restored and went to preware to do the "Install all". The first try the phone rebooted. The second try preware hung up on paratrooper mini and kept hanging every time i tried. I went to the App Catalog and installed paratrooper mini, restarted & tried again thinking that might help. It didnot. Now it doesn't do anything when I hit "Install all". I doctored again and I keep having the same thing, no response with the button. I was also reading the instructions at the PreCentral and noticed I didnot do step #1 before creating my backups. Does this mean my backups are botched? I dont see the 40+ packages I had before I doctored on the saved package list. If my backups are botched let me know and I'll start from scratch. I even have two backups and the two behave the same.

Thanks
    Are you saying you never did step #1 (Open Preware, swipe down from the top-left of the screen to bring down the Preware Application menu, select "Saved Package List" and click "Update")?

After you restore the Preware Package List, when you go into Preware and go into the Saved Package List, do you see the list of all the patches/programs you used to have (just without the little green already-downloaded icon)? If not, then either you didn't create the "Saved Package List" properly or didn't save a backup of the "Saved Package List" properly.

Clicking on the "Update" saves everything you currently have loaded on your device into the list, after which you need to go to Save/Restore to Save a backup of that list. Restore takes the backup and puts that list back to where Preware can read it. Then Preware can do the "Install All".

"Install All" only installs everything that's listed on that screen. If you have nothing (or very few rows) on that screen, then you either never had an up-to-date "Saved Package List" or you never backed it up. You'll need to manually install each of the patches you want and after that's done, just make sure you return to the "Saved Package List" and tap the "Update" button so that you'll have an up-to-date "Saved Package List".
    app, thanks for the reply, it appears my backups were not done properly so i restored everything manually.

As a suggestion for the Save&Restore App there should be a warning during the Preware backup advising the user to go to Preware and update the package list. I didnot know this had to be done until I had to troubleshoot the restore (too late). Maybe Preware should have its own backup/restore menu, since in my opinion some preware patch settings are way more important than say the angry birds high score. Anyways thanks for the apps and keeping the dying webos somewhat alive.
    Is there a way to add a menu so the user can actually pick via menu new aplications that might want save/restore?

Or just have same and restore do a search so it know all applications installed in the PRE and restore then unless told otherwise.

Thanks
  7.    #1307  
    Quote Originally Posted by tungsten C View Post
    Is there a way to add a menu so the user can actually pick via menu new aplications that might want save/restore?

Or just have same and restore do a search so it know all applications installed in the PRE and restore then unless told otherwise.

Thanks
    There is not a way to do this.

-- Rod
    Any chance Angry Birds Seasons will be added to the list of supported apps you can save/restore?
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Any chance Angry Birds Seasons will be added to the list of supported apps you can save/restore?

It was, 4 days ago:

git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/saverestore.git/commit

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    EDIT: got it... not sure how I lost the test feed in Preware, but it is added back and all is there now.
    Last edited by sinime; 12/15/2010 at 04:11 PM.
    Thanks for adding

____________________________________________________________________________________________________ ________
    bet online
    bingo sites
    Hi, here's a script for the app "dough" by codebeyond. I've zipped up the script after the tofromdos command. Could someone please confirm that this is the point that i'm supposed to zip it up and attach with this post for inclusion in the save/restore app?
    Looking for answers to two questions regarding writing a script.

I'm trying to write a script for the PDK game evac. It seems as though I need to save files from two locations (the route directory and the sub directory "res/ui"). Is this the way to do it:

#!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="EVAC"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info

SRCDIR="$APPDIR"
    FILES="save2 save0"

SRCDIR="$APPDIR/res/ui"
    FILES="close.png progress.png"

source 'dirname $0'/srf.app.files

exit 0

Also, you can see there are two files that I need to save called "save2" and "save0". If a new file is created each time there is a new save, can i make a more universal script by writing something like "save*" to save all instances of the "save" file eg "save0" "save1" etc?

I'm struggling because the "info" command returns "exit 0" but the save command fails returning an error.
    Last edited by Carl Spakler; 12/17/2010 at 09:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Spakler View Post
    Looking for answers to two questions regarding writing a script.

I'm trying to write a script for the PDK game evac. It seems as though I need to save files from two locations (the route directory and the sub directory "res/ui"). Is this the way to do it:

#!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="Evac"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info

SRCDIR="$APPDIR"
    FILES="save2 save0"

SRCDIR="$APPDIR/res/ui"
    FILES="close.png progress.png"

source 'dirname $0'/srf.app.files

exit 0

Also, you can see there are two files that I need to save called "save2" and "save0". If a new file is created each time there is a new save, can i make a more universal script by writing something like "save*" to save all instances of the "save" file eg "save0" "save1" etc?
    I'm about 90% certain that's the way to do it on both counts - using two separate SRCDIR calls and using "save*" to save any file that starts with save. Check out the script I wrote for James Cameron's Avatar; it has a similar situation with the savechapter files. I used savechapter* to ensure that all of them are backed up.
    Chakat, thanks for the help. Also thanks to Rod for a couple of tips.

Here's my script for the game evac. Unfortunately i'm not sure if it's going to restore all the data properly. The reason is i've completed all the levels so can't confirm that that part works. Also, I have a suspicion that your high score is stored somewhere that I can't find as I can't get it to revert back.

I'll update this post when I next Dr my phone and indicate how the script coped.

The file attached is a basic txt file before fromdos.

Finally, I couldn't find any cookies that related to evac but added the cookie line just in case they were part of the high score.

Edit: I've just tried a restore on Pre 2 running webos 2.01 the application progress restored but the score did not.
    Last edited by Carl Spakler; 12/19/2010 at 03:55 AM. Reason: Update
    Took phone to Sprint repair. They cold booted it. Lost data for SplashID. The SplashID app restored from profile along with most everything else but no data. It was like just purchased. I had backed it & other stuff up with Save/Restore. Didn't know about the Preware saved package list requirement. I installed reinstalled Preware and Save/Restore, went to restore and it says 0. I have opened SplashID several times, no help. Looked at Preware Saved Package List and SplashID is there with green down arrow. Not sure how-it's like it did it automatically & all or most apps came back. But SplashID is critical and I need a solution. My email backup was dated back in April '10. Was not aware Save/Restore might not work.
  17.    #1317  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhmup View Post
    Took phone to Sprint repair. They cold booted it. Lost data for SplashID. The SplashID app restored from profile along with most everything else but no data. It was like just purchased. I had backed it & other stuff up with Save/Restore. Didn't know about the Preware saved package list requirement. I installed reinstalled Preware and Save/Restore, went to restore and it says 0. I have opened SplashID several times, no help. Looked at Preware Saved Package List and SplashID is there with green down arrow. Not sure how-it's like it did it automatically & all or most apps came back. But SplashID is critical and I need a solution. My email backup was dated back in April '10. Was not aware Save/Restore might not work.
    Did you run Save/Restore before taking it to Sprint, and copy the saverestore directory from the USB drive to your desktop? Then did you copy the saverestor directory back again before running Save/Restore to restore the data?

-- Rod
    When you said they "cold booted," do you mean they did a Full Erase? If they did, that erases the USB partition, which takes all of Save/Restore's data with it. Unless you had copied it off to your computer first, there would be no way to get it back.
  19.    #1319  
    My recommendation is that people do a methodical prepared controlled full erase and doctor before taking a phone anywhere near a support person. Then you get to backup and restore under your terms, and it also solves 90% of the problems anyway, saving you the trip.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Did you run Save/Restore before taking it to Sprint, and copy the saverestore directory from the USB drive to your desktop? Then did you copy the saverestor directory back again before running Save/Restore to restore the data?

-- Rod
    No, wasn't thinking. Had run Save restore within last couple weeks. Never copied it to desktop. Was not aware of that requirement.