Page 65 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1555606162636465666768697075 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Okay, thanks anyway. I'm looking at my drive thru Internalz and I still see the program in the cryptofs directory so I'm going to try deleting that directory and the .launchpoint directory and see if I can then reinstall from the app catalog...never know if you don't try, lol!

Okay, that didn't work. Anyone have a guess why this program won't install? Would it have placed remnants in any other directories? I love this program and it's killing me not having it working!
    I have no idea why that app won't reinstall. One thing I would say is that you want to keep the .launchpoint directory (even if you delete the contents). that is used for more than just the launchpoint app.

As for the weird backup/restore behavior, I noticed that, too, on a recent device swap. I have been trying to figure out why that happens (I wrote the script) but so far, no luck. there may be a manual fix that can post, but still working on that

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I can't seem to get any of my programs to save the data. I keep getting messages similar to this one for angry birds

highscores.lua/var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.rovio.angrybirds:
    /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/sfr.app.files: line 80:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/zip: not found settings.lua
    /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.rovio.angrybirds:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/zip: not found

the toggle then switches to off and no restore data is recognized
    please help, I need to take my phone in to get it replaced and don't want to lose all my app data
    Quote Originally Posted by harr2003 View Post
    I can't seem to get any of my programs to save the data. I keep getting messages similar to this one for angry birds

highscores.lua/var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.rovio.angrybirds:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/zip: not found settings.lua
    /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.rovio.angrybirds:
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/zip: not found

the toggle then switches to off and no restore data is recognized
    please help, I need to take my phone in to get it replaced and don't want to lose all my app data
    let me guess...u used webOS Quick Install to install Save/Restore?!? You need to use preware to install it! Please uninstall S/R and the reinstall with Preware. That should fix it!
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    let me guess...u used webOS Quick Install to install Save/Restore?!? You need to use preware to install it! Please uninstall S/R and the reinstall with Preware. That should fix it!
    that worked, thanks!
  5.    #1285  
    Rod -- saw you made some updates to Save/Restore re: Mix/max webOS version. i have a few question about this:

1) Can one app have either (a) more than one script, one for each webOS version, or (b) can a single script have different actions depending on webOS version. Not sure if this is necessary, yet, but just curious

2) I see you disabled some scripts for webOS 2.0 (launcher, messaging, notes, etc). Do these need to get re-written, or are they now automatically backed up? My biggest concern is the launcher one, that sames the "add to launcher" scripts and the location of all the homebrew apps.

Adam
    1) A single script will do different things depending on version.

2) I don't know yet.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What's the list of files in the angry birds directory? Perhaps the higher levels use different files to save the status.

-- Rod
    Good question. I poked around but could not find another directory.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I dunno if this as been suggested yet (probably was but couldn't find it).
    It would be great if we could somehow set the save/restore files to be saved on an online storage space like DropBox.
    That would had a layer of protection if you can't retrieve the files from the USB drive or if it gets corrupted somehow.
    Not to mention that I've just read that the WebOS2.0 Doctor wipes the drive now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badcard View Post
    I dunno if this as been suggested yet (probably was but couldn't find it).
    It would be great if we could somehow set the save/restore files to be saved on an online storage space like DropBox.
    That would had a layer of protection if you can't retrieve the files from the USB drive or if it gets corrupted somehow.
    Not to mention that I've just read that the WebOS2.0 Doctor wipes the drive now.
    This has been discussed before and Rod has mentioned that it would be great that incorporated into the app and has it on the long term roadmap for the app.. all we would need it a Mojo developer to pick up the reigns and code it it! :-)

In the meantime, I would suggest you take a look at this readme file "hidden" in the Save/Restore app. there are directions on how you can add a "org.webosinternals.saverestore" script that would at least ZIP up the entire directory for you, so you could then manually upload that to a cloud storage service. I use this script specifically for that purpose. So, not a built in feature, but it's a start
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    This has been discussed before and Rod has mentioned that it would be great that incorporated into the app and has it on the long term roadmap for the app.. all we would need it a Mojo developer to pick up the reigns and code it it! :-)

In the meantime, I would suggest you take a look at this readme file "hidden" in the Save/Restore app. there are directions on how you can add a "org.webosinternals.saverestore" script that would at least ZIP up the entire directory for you, so you could then manually upload that to a cloud storage service. I use this script specifically for that purpose. So, not a built in feature, but it's a start
    Thanks for the good tip mate, I'll probably end up doing just that until then!
    I'm glad the feature's on the list albeit in the long term.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Okay, thanks anyway. I'm looking at my drive thru Internalz and I still see the program in the cryptofs directory so I'm going to try deleting that directory and the .launchpoint directory and see if I can then reinstall from the app catalog...never know if you don't try, lol!

Okay, that didn't work. Anyone have a guess why this program won't install? Would it have placed remnants in any other directories? I love this program and it's killing me not having it working!
    Okay, had to doctor to get things right but that's okay. It's pretty painless except that it takes me 2 days to re-download all my apps, lol! I'm an app ****...what can I say. I gotta' say, this is one of the top apps ever created for the Pre! I love the fact that i can feel safe knowing if I screw something up and have to doctor I'm not starting all over again with all my data. This baby works extremely well. The only thing I'd caution against is the Launchpoint Speed Dial restore script. I think there may be a problem with it as once I restored that and the launcher it seemed to freak out my launchpoints. I'd tap on my wife's and it would dial my work! Freaky crap that even deleting and remaking didn't fix. Then I tried deleting the program and reinstalling it and it would absolutely not install! That's what led to my latest escapade with the doctor. Anyways, it's all good and thank you to all the people responsible for the script writing. I wish I could do that stuff....
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Why would they edit out s - l - u - t ?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

I searched and didn't see a script for Pronto Dial, so I made one following the instructions. It works except for Preferences - it won't restore those unless you do a Luna Restart. I'm not sure how to get around that, the instructions didn't say. Is it okay to submit as is, then?
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
  13.    #1293  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    I searched and didn't see a script for Pronto Dial, so I made one following the instructions. It works except for Preferences - it won't restore those unless you do a Luna Restart. I'm not sure how to get around that, the instructions didn't say. Is it okay to submit as is, then?
    Yes, submit it now and I'll add the note about the Luna Restart.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yes, submit it now and I'll add the note about the Luna Restart.

-- Rod
    Alright!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
  15.    #1295  
    Alright!
    Save/Restore 1.2.3 in the testing feed contains your Pronto Dial contribution, as well as supporting Rock Band, TileStorm, TileStorm Eire, and Ground Effect.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Here are some more scripts I made. I put the luna restart line in the ones that need a luna restart and zipped them all up together.

Feeder, Reboxed, Word Whirl, Gamer Friends for PSN, Tangram, Tilt Origami, Wobble Words, Woodenigma, ExZeus arcade, Scrabble, Quell, Tradewinds 2
    Attached Files Attached Files
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Here are some more scripts I made. I put the luna restart line in the ones that need a luna restart and zipped them all up together.

Feeder, Reboxed, Word Whirl, Gamer Friends for PSN, Tangram, Tilt Origami, Wobble Words, Woodenigma, ExZeus arcade, Scrabble, Quell, Tradewinds 2
    Thanks for making scripts for Word Whirl and Wobble Words...two of my favorite games!
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Does the Word Whirl script support the multifile structure of the current version or the single .db of previous versions?
    Uh, well, I have the latest version and it worked for me when I tested it on the latest version. I only have a single .db file, though, and cookies. Are there different db versions if you use more than one word list? I only use the one. I'll see when my Pre boots back up.
    screwdestiny
    PSNTwitterLast.FM
    Uh, well, I have the latest version and it worked for me when I tested it on the latest version. I only have a single .db file, though, and cookies. Are there different db versions if you use more than one word list? I only use the one. I'll see when my Pre boots back up.
    I'm running 0.9.4 right now. I used to have a single .db that I'd manually copy & after a reload, run Word Whirl once to create the word list & establish the .db. I'd rename the copied .db to the new name & overwrite. That restored the word list, score, & current level. The last time I went to do that, I discovered there was a subdirectory & simply replacing the .db didn't work (really annoyed me since I was over level 1400). Since then, I haven't been able to repeatably create a reliable backup. I have to be real careful now since the dev has confirmations for all actions EXCEPT for end game & it's awful easy to hit that when restoring from card view. I've written the dev about that several times, but so far he hasn't added a confirmation.

I only use puzzle mode since I don't have the relexes any more for times games AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $I$ $only$ $have$ $one$ $word$ $list$.