Page 64 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakat Silverstreak View Post
    Yup, the Saved Package List gets backed up. I've been making heavy use of it, having just had to doctor my phone because the sound decided to stop working for some reason (no, it wasn't the Headphone Jack Bug; even wired headphones wouldn't work).

That's fantastic news. Thank you for getting back to me!

On a different note, I hacked together a script that "fixes" most headphone issues. Basically it sets ALL volumes (that I can find) to 100% and resets the headphone jack sensor so it's not "stuck".

I wish there was some dev out there that could make pretty sliders and stuff out of the script. I lack the talent (other than a great fart app I put together...).

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

echo -e \\vMEDIA
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/media/setVolume '{"scenario":"media_front_speaker","volume":"100"}'
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/media/setVolume '{"scenario":"media_back_speaker","volume":"100"}'
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/media/setVolume '{"scenario":"media_headset","volume":"100"}'   

echo -e \\vPHONE
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/phone/setVolume '{"scenario":"phone_front_speaker","volume":"100"}'
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/phone/setVolume '{"scenario":"phone_back_speaker","volume":"100"}'
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/phone/setVolume '{"scenario":"phone_headset","volume":"100"}'

echo -e \\vRINGTONE
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/ringtone/setVolume '{"volume":"100"}'

echo -e \\vSYSTEM
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/system/setVolume '{"volume":"100"}'

echo -e \\vRINGER SWITCH
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.keys/switches/status '{"get":"ringer"}'  

echo -e \\vHEASET JACK
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.keys/switches/status '{"get":"headset"}'

luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/media/setCurrentScenario '{"scenario":"media_back_speaker"}'
    luna-send -n 1 palm://com.palm.audio/phone/setCurrentScenario '{"scenario":"phone_front_speaker"}'
    M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    On a different note, I hacked together a script that "fixes" most headphone issues. Basically it sets ALL volumes (that I can find) to 100% and resets the headphone jack sensor so it's not "stuck".
    Nice! If this happens to me again, this script will be the first thing I try! Not that I think it would have solved this particular problem - I couldn't get wired headphones or bluetooth to work, and the Call Output switcher button in the Phone app was completely unresponsive, which is why I don't think it was the headphone jack sensor - but for 90% of cases, this looks like it should do the trick.
    Forgive my ignorance but I don't think it says one way or the other in the wiki. I'm going to doctor today, do I first need to save the save/restore directory to my computer and move it back over post-doctor or does Save/Restore backup to my Palm Profile or something? Sorry some more.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Doctoring alone wont touch your USB drive:

1. Run Preware
    2. Update your saved package list
    3. Run save restore
    4. Backup your USB drive to a computer anyway
    5. Doctor you phone
    6. Use WebOS QI to install Preware ONLY
    7. Run preware and install save restore
    8. Run save restore and restore preware only
    9. Open all feeds that you might have installed something from
    10. Install all from your saved package list
    11. open each app once to recreate associated databases and directories
    12. Run save restore on all apps
    Quote Originally Posted by rksand View Post
    Doctoring alone wont touch your USB drive:

1. Run Preware
    2. Update your saved package list
    3. Run save restore
    4. Backup your USB drive to a computer anyway
    5. Doctor you phone
    6. Use WebOS QI to install Preware ONLY
    7. Run preware and install save restore
    8. Run save restore and restore preware only
    9. Open all feeds that you might have installed something from
    10. Install all from your saved package list
    11. open each app once to recreate associated databases and directories
    12. Run save restore on all apps
    Thanks so much for being so thorough and so QUICK! This definitely isn't exactly how I would have gone about it, so again, thanks, thanks and thanks!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    No problem. There is a link to a Precentral article on this somewhere. My only addition is to make sure you have all potentially used feeds open or the install will stall because it cant find a package.

You may have some things that will restart your phone midway (I think F105 kernel did this to me) so make sure the list runs through to the end.

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by rksand View Post
    No problem. There is a link to a Precentral article on this somewhere.
    www.precentral.net/saverestore is the article I wrote about this...
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    nevermind
    Last edited by sunni198; 11/20/2010 at 10:17 AM. Reason: figured it out
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Is there supposed to be anything visible in the program specific sub-folders that reside within the saverestore folder?... i'm thinking there should be. I went through the whole process of saving it all, and noted that there were sub-folders inside the save/restore fold for the different apps, so i felt pretty good... then i carefully followed the steps after a doctoring and now it's showing Restore Application data = "0" so there's no application date to restore? As in in it didn't work?!

I saved off the folders from my phone to 2 places and they all show no data inside the sub-folders... FML. If there is supposed to be info in the folder may i humbly attempt without profanity that you warn people to verify it has saved data into those folders BEFORE!! they doctor their phone.

Considering how much can be lost if this program doesn't do it's job properly, or better put considering the implication if someone wrongly trusting that it's performing as intended... it'd be well worth adding some in process checks to verify it's doing it's job before they jump off a cliff to find they have no parachute.

Every time i think i'm finally on the road to loving this phone, i realize i've slipped off the path and landed in a pile of...

I sincerely apologize if it sounds like i'm blaming the folks who're just trying to make things better for us than worse.
    Last edited by ewal; 11/24/2010 at 01:07 AM.
  10.    #1270  
    Quote Originally Posted by ewal View Post
    Considering how much can be lost if this program doesn't do it's job properly, or better put considering the implication if someone wrongly trusting that it's performing as intended... it'd be well worth adding some in process checks to verify it's doing it's job before they jump off a cliff to find they have no parachute.
    If an item fails to save, the Toggle will not change from Yes to No, and an error message will be printed under the application name. Did that happen?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    no error messages and the items did switch from yes to no.

Interestingly enough after this recent doctoring, my alarms were retained and calendar colors were retained. Not so after a prior doctoring.

Also, after getting all the patches and preware apps loaded in again, some things were retained that i wasn't expecting... for example my saved govnahs profiles were present, which weren't present after a prior doctoring i'd done a week or two ago.

Another interesting thing i've noted is neither Doctoring i've performed deleted my 4th launcher page (i've added a 4 page and woud expect it to be returned to the defaul 3 pages.) Considering they can't be added without patches you'd think that the palm profile wouldn't keep track of it but it seems like it must?

So i've got my phone re-patched and did a save/restore and this time i see zip files in all the sub-folders. Before the only one that contained a zip file was the folder with this name com.palm.app.notes. All others were empty.
    Hey Rod, any ideas on why I wouldn't be able to install Launchpoint Speed Dial after deleting it?

Posted in the Launchpoint thread yesterday: My problem is a bit different. I just replaced my phone and for some reason when I used Save/Restore my launchpoints would have the wrong text numbers attached to them (my daughter's launchpoint had my work number attached to it and so on) so I ended up deleting all and recreating them but the problem still persisted so I deleted everything, including the program but when I tried to reinstall the program it won't download...says downloading but nothing ever happens.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

13.    #1273  
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Hey Rod, any ideas on why I wouldn't be able to install Launchpoint Speed Dial after deleting it?

Posted in the Launchpoint thread yesterday: My problem is a bit different. I just replaced my phone and for some reason when I used Save/Restore my launchpoints would have the wrong text numbers attached to them (my daughter's launchpoint had my work number attached to it and so on) so I ended up deleting all and recreating them but the problem still persisted so I deleted everything, including the program but when I tried to reinstall the program it won't download...says downloading but nothing ever happens.
    No idea, sorry. I wasn't involved in the creation or testing of that particular script.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No idea, sorry. I wasn't involved in the creation or testing of that particular script.

-- Rod
    Okay, thanks anyway. I'm looking at my drive thru Internalz and I still see the program in the cryptofs directory so I'm going to try deleting that directory and the .launchpoint directory and see if I can then reinstall from the app catalog...never know if you don't try, lol!

Okay, that didn't work. Anyone have a guess why this program won't install? Would it have placed remnants in any other directories? I love this program and it's killing me not having it working!
    Last edited by spudland; 11/25/2010 at 03:21 AM. Reason: tried but didn't work
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

An idea for a setting:

A script so you hit Save Selected, and once it saves all of them, it closes the app. I think that'd be a good patch for the Backup app as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Hey guys, just wanted to see if the was anyway to get Mail Lists added to Svae/Restore. Rigt now it just says does not work. I would love to donate the cost of the app if someone will tell me how. Thanks
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I just lost my Angry Birds scores after completing 3 stars on all levels. I backed it up with Save/Restore. As I was playing the Golden Egg level which had only 2 eggs available. I decided to go back to the Danger Above group and run thru the last level 8-15 to see if that would make more golden eggs available. When I reran 8-15 I lost most of my 3 stars in Danger Above.

When I restored Angry Birds data with Save/Restore, I did not get my completed 3 stars back on all levels in Danger Above.

I'm at a loss for words.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  18.    #1278  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I just lost my Angry Birds scores after completing 3 stars on all levels. I backed it up with Save/Restore. As I was playing the Golden Egg level which had only 2 eggs available. I decided to go back to the Danger Above group and run thru the last level 8-15 to see if that would make more golden eggs available. When I reran 8-15 I lost most of my 3 stars in Danger Above.

When I restored Angry Birds data with Save/Restore, I did not get my completed 3 stars back on all levels in Danger Above.
    What's the list of files in the angry birds directory? Perhaps the higher levels use different files to save the status.

-- Rod
    Rod -- saw you made some updates to Save/Restore re: Mix/max webOS version. i have a few question about this:

1) Can one app have either (a) more than one script, one for each webOS version, or (b) can a single script have different actions depending on webOS version. Not sure if this is necessary, yet, but just curious

2) I see you disabled some scripts for webOS 2.0 (launcher, messaging, notes, etc). Do these need to get re-written, or are they now automatically backed up? My biggest concern is the launcher one, that sames the "add to launcher" scripts and the location of all the homebrew apps.

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by toversta View Post
    Hey guys, just wanted to see if the was anyway to get Mail Lists added to Svae/Restore. Rigt now it just says does not work. I would love to donate the cost of the app if someone will tell me how. Thanks
    At least in webOS 1.x, this is not possible due to the way synergy works. There is just no way for Save/Restore to add these entries back into your Contacts. Not sure how this will work in 2.0, if there are any changes. It's annoying (I use the app, too), but not much we can do about it

Like any of my work: