Page 63 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Save/Restore 1.0.18 is in the testing feed with just one update:

- Messaging script no longer saves the actual file attachments for MMS messages. To perform this backup, you can just put your phone in USB Mode and copy the "attachments" directory to your computer. Let me know if there is anyone who would like a way to add this feature back in (maybe as a script in the /contrib directory?)

I know that there are still a few scripts in the forums that have not been added into the app. I will be picking those up in the next day or so. However, we would like to push this version from Testing into Production, so please let us know in the next few days if you find any issues with any of the scripts.

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals ... Please be sure to add the "-all" testing feed and the feed the relates to your device (pre/pixi/emulator)

NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I just doctored my Pre- to 1.4.5 once again. After App installation, I went to restore settings for my software. I have a Problem with TWEE now: S/R tells me the restore went fine. If I open Twee, I can even see and log into all 4 twitter accounts. Once I try to refresh the timeline, I receive a message: Twee does not have permissions to view this content.

What has happened? Do I need to add the accounts manually first, and restore after that or what may be the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    I just doctored my Pre- to 1.4.5 once again. After App installation, I went to restore settings for my software. I have a Problem with TWEE now: S/R tells me the restore went fine. If I open Twee, I can even see and log into all 4 twitter accounts. Once I try to refresh the timeline, I receive a message: Twee does not have permissions to view this content.

What has happened? Do I need to add the accounts manually first, and restore after that or what may be the problem?
    never heard of that. I would try to do the "restore" one more time then immediately do an Luna Restart.. see if that still causes problems after that
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Let me know if there is anyone who would like a way to add this feature back in (maybe as a script in the /contrib directory?)
    Yes, please. In the meantime, I assume there's no harm in just refusing the update?
    Didn't help. But it seems to be not (only) a S/R related problem, but a Twee-one: I just deleted the whole twee client and reinstalled. Can't log in to my accounts now, twee tells me the auth would fail. Will talk to twee about this.
    Ok, what the hell is going on: My clock stops working 10-20 minutes after I used the Pre the last time. It simply stucks and displays always the same time. For hours. I can set it manually, and once I do this, I can auth with twitter once again. I even receive emails once the time is set correctly.

Going to doctor it -again-. This unstable behavior is really annoying.
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue with the NesEm App Save/Restore? I get an error when trying save. I have attached a screenshot of the error. Please let me know if anyone finds or knows what the issue is?

I know it use to work but possibly something to due with the newest script updates? Thanks for anyone that looks into this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  8.    #1248  
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has ran into this issue with the NesEm App Save/Restore? I get an error when trying save. I have attached a screenshot of the error. Please let me know if anyone finds or knows what the issue is?

I know it use to work but possibly something to due with the newest script updates? Thanks for anyone that looks into this.
    The script is wrong.

DIRECTORY cannot take a pathname, just a directory name.

The script should say something like:

SRCDIR="${APPDIR}/data"
    DIRECTORY="saves"

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Okay, Just checked I have the working script attached on post ## 1165 .

I will attach the zip to this post in the next couple minutes so you don't have to look for it.

Please add this to next update so it works correctly, Thanks.

Have a good one...

Working Script Attached:
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Maybe I'm missing something. I can't seem to find a link to download a copy of save restore. It seems like there should be a copy here: Application:SaveRestore - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by los_angeles View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something. I can't seem to find a link to download a copy of save restore. It seems like there should be a copy here: Application:SaveRestore - WebOS Internals
    As the link says, you install this through Preware. Do you have Preware installed on your phone?
  12.    #1252  
    Quote Originally Posted by los_angeles View Post
    A great way to learn about homebrew and save/restore is to download the Preware Homebrew Documentation application from the official app catalog.

Save/Restore is one of the featured applications.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Save/Restore 1.0.19 is in the testing feed with a few updates:

- Applications: What's for dinner? Premium (courtesy of rksand), WOG O.S.K. (courtesy of djgardn2)
    - Updated Scripts: NesEm, Dungeon Hunter (both courtesy of djgardn2)

This should include any script posted in the forums. Let me know if I missed any.

Also, we would now like to push this version from Testing into Production, so please let us know in the next few days if you find any issues with any of the scripts.

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals ... Please be sure to add the "-all" testing feed and the feed the relates to your device (pre/pixi/emulator)

NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.

Like any of my work:
    Any idea when we will see support for restore of text messages? I urgently need to restore my SMS after doctoring my pre. It would be great. Thank you for this important tool!
    Flo
  15.    #1255  
    Quote Originally Posted by flomev View Post
    Any idea when we will see support for restore of text messages? I urgently need to restore my SMS after doctoring my pre. It would be great. Thank you for this important tool!
    Flo
    The situation has not changed. There is no safe way to restore SMS or IM messages in webOS.

-- Rod
    Here is a script for OneDollar (not in the catalog yet, just waiting on the approval)...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Ah...thats the problem...the Pixi game is different than the Pre game... we will need to add a new script for the Pixi version.
    Hi Audermars02,
    I am not sure how I would pay out a bounty of $4, paypal maybe? But I would like to request an Angry Birds script for Pixi. It sounds like most of you are Pre users, but hopefully you could do some work on Pixi too. It is a small price to pay to keep my Pixi using husband a fan of palm and the webos!

Thanks, KCatGU
    Quote Originally Posted by KCatGU View Post
    Hi Audermars02,
    I am not sure how I would pay out a bounty of $4, paypal maybe? But I would like to request an Angry Birds script for Pixi. It sounds like most of you are Pre users, but hopefully you could do some work on Pixi too. It is a small price to pay to keep my Pixi using husband a fan of palm and the webos!

Thanks, KCatGU
    I created the Pixi script right after you asked for it. It should be in Save/Restore already. Can you let me know if you don't see it?
    thanks
    adam
    Hey!

Can someone please tell me if Save Restore's Preware script saved the "Saved Package List"? I can't tell from the script if it does or not.

I'm getting a replacement Pre tomorrow (Sprint's changed their device replacement policy so I now can get a new one because of my having dropped it last year...)

I have everything else backed up, but, just want to double check the Saved Package List is part of that script.

Thank you!

M.
    Yup, the Saved Package List gets backed up. I've been making heavy use of it, having just had to doctor my phone because the sound decided to stop working for some reason (no, it wasn't the Headphone Jack Bug; even wired headphones wouldn't work).