Page 61 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Attached below is the updated version of the ACSP script for the upcoming update. The only change is that it will now backup the new Unknown/Blocked contact prefs that are included in the update.

I regret to inform you guys that Per Contact ringtone settings will only be able to be saved, because they're stored in the PalmDatabase.db3 file along with the contacts themselves. So soon I will post an updated script that saves this info to an .html file like Messaging/Memos, but that's the best we're going to get.
    is this ok to load now, or do we need to wait for the patch update?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I just installed the update to the patch from Preware, so now is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Hmmm... a few things:
    1) Until the app gets updated to recognize installed patches, Sconix's patches will NOT show up in the SAVE screen. You need to manually run these scripts. However, once a backup is made, you will need that script on the restore page.
    2) not sure about the launcher or messaging app. I am running the latest version and i see launcher and Messaging app in there. Have you been adding scripts manually to the saverestore folder? You may have added a script that is not executable which can cause a hangup with recognizing all of the scripts in the app. You can try to remove the save/restore app, manually delete the var/svc/org.webosinternals/saverestore directory, and then reinstall save/restore and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, then don't forget to move any of my scripts from the /contrib directory or any manual scripts you might have added back to the main scripts directory.
    Thanks I forgot to make the photos script executable.
    Save/Restore 1.0.13 should be in the testing feed shortly (can take some time before it shows up). just a few updates here:

- Application: FitTrack Beta (courtesy of troymiller).
    - Updated: Advanced Config for System Preferences patch (courtesy of tobias funke).
    - Robustified the file-saving script when creating the source directory if it does not already exist.

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals ... Please be sure to add the "-all" testing feed and the feed the relates to your device (pre/pixi/emulator)

NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Thank you for fixing the bug and updating, putki restore should now work even if the destination directory doesn't exist.
  6.    #1206  
    Version 1.0.14 in the testing feed has support for saving MMS messages.

Please test and report outcomes. Especially those with lots of varied MMS messages.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Rod I installed the latest update but I don't see the option to save MMS messages. I see Messaging and Misc OS Backup files. Is there supposed to be a separate option or is it combined with something?
  8.    #1208  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Rod I installed the latest update but I don't see the option to save MMS messages. I see Messaging and Misc OS Backup files. Is there supposed to be a separate option or is it combined with something?
    It's part of Messaging.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Version 1.0.14 in the testing feed has support for saving MMS messages.

Please test and report outcomes. Especially those with lots of varied MMS messages.

-- Rod
    I tried it out and granted I have several months worth of message history with MMS mixed in most of them. It sat there for at least 5 minutes saving the messaging section. I assume this is normal because its pulling from the database? Does this sound about right as far as time goes?
    Thanks,
  10.    #1210  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I tried it out and granted I have several months worth of message history with MMS mixed in most of them. It sat there for at least 5 minutes saving the messaging section. I assume this is normal because its pulling from the database? Does this sound about right as far as time goes?
    Thanks,
    Dunno - my test case had one message.

Did it eventually complete with the correct results?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Dunno - my test case had one message.

Did it eventually complete with the correct results?

-- Rod
    It completed, yes as a zip file of MMS messaging, I haven't tried opening the zip file to view the contents, will try next.

Update: Well, it seems to work, but it is a real mess. I extract the zipped messaging file and i have an mms.html but then an mms.zip full random number subfolders with pics inside. I extract it in its mms folder path and run the mms.html and it shows all the text with the locations to the pictures over on the right, but doesn't show the pictures which I was hoping it would. Also, the location is to the location on the Pre, not the new zip location. Are these pics supposed to show up within the html? Also, manually opening some of these pics shows them way smaller and tinier resolution than they were in original state.. Just some of my observations.. It also seems to have found pics from other non MMS related stuff and I'm trying to figure out where they came from..
    Last edited by volcom45; 10/14/2010 at 07:57 PM.
    Yea...i saw the same results that it did work, but took a whole to save. So, just be patient (Rod - is it work adding an APPNOTE that it can take a long time if saving lots of history)

Also, I noticed that any message SENT from my doesnt have a "fromAddress". I was digging in the tables on the PalmDatabase file and couldn't find an equivalent "ToAddress" that would indicate who I sent my text message to. Any idea where that is stored? any way to add that to the table?

Also, I have noticed that a LOT of my folders under the .attachments/mms directory are empty (must have held a file there at one point but its no longer there). Is there any way that a script can be written to check to see if the folders are populated first? Or, a separate script to go through the folders and delete any without attachments in there? Just curious!

thanks
    Adam

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    I was trying out Save/Restore, and had a problem. It starts backing up happily, but then it hits PReader and stalls. Ten minutes later nothing more has happened, and I eventually toss the card. I only have two books in PReader, and they're not huge. The Pre stays cool during this, so it doesn't seem to be furiously working in the background.

Edit: I uninstalled PReader, and then reinstalled it. Now Save/Restore can back it up. Corrupted file, maybe?
    Last edited by bitmage; 10/15/2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: update
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by bitmage View Post
    I was trying out Save/Restore, and had a problem. It starts backing up happily, but then it hits PReader and stalls. Ten minutes later nothing more has happened, and I eventually toss the card. I only have two books in PReader, and they're not huge. The Pre stays cool during this, so it doesn't seem to be furiously working in the background.
    Hmm..do you have access to your command prompt, either thru the Terminal app or the command prompt on your computer? If you do, can you run the following command and let me know what happens:

Code:
    cd /
    sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.mhwsoft.preader save
    Otherwise, not sure why it would take so long!

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Hmm..do you have access to your command prompt, either thru the Terminal app or the command prompt on your computer? If you do, can you run the following command and let me know what happens:
    Sorry, I didn't see the reply before I tried uninstalling PReader (see edited post). I'll post again if the issue comes back.
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
    Here's a script for the paid version of Crosswords.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    The homebrew Save/Restore App is not seeing Angry Birds. Any ideas? It lists it under "installed Applications" but not under "Save Application Data"

Verizon Pixi plus with 1.4.5 installed
    Save Restore v1.0.9
    Angry Birds 1.3.6

Thanks in Advance!
    Have you did a save yet? It could be a script you installed that is preventing all scripts from showing up. I was seeing about half of my apps and realized I hadn't made a photo script 0755. You will probably get a better response posting in the Save Restore Thread.
    Try uninstalling and re-installing the app and see if that helps(using preware)
    To djgardn2: Will that erase the levels I have already completed?

To mamouton: I have run the save function, but still A.B. is not showing up. I am not sure what you are asking about the scripts. I don't think I have done anything with the scripts.
    Last edited by KCatGU; 10/18/2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Added more questions