Page 58 of 93 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rksand View Post
    Sorry if this is a duplicate question (58 pages here!), but has any consideration been given to allowing multiple backups of each app? My phone did a random partial reset of a bunch of applications and they lost all their data. There was one app I didn't realize had been affected before I did another save/restore. Had I had sequential backups just 1 level deep, I'd have been saved!

Ron
    Hey Ron -- Somewhere in this thread are instructions on how to add a Save/Restore profile called "ZZZ Save Restore Zip..." I'm running off to an 11am meeting so I don't have time to find the right post --but it's definitely in here.

Basically, Audersma has 'hidden' this profile in a folder (so that it is not among the default included S/R profiles) and you have to use Internalz or command line to copy it from there to the location where all of the active profiles are... Once you do that, this profile will create a single zip file of your S/R directory. The zip itself is stored by default at /media/internal/

The good thing about this Zip backup is it is named by the date-time-stamp when you run it, so future runs of S/R do not get deleted and you have a point-in-time backup of S/R data... The only consideration with this is that you have to go in and move old Zips to your PC to free up space or they'll start accumulating and eating into your 7.5 GB of user space. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Hey Ron -- Somewhere in this thread are instructions on how to add a Save/Restore profile called "ZZZ Save Restore Zip..." I'm running off to an 11am meeting so I don't have time to find the right post --but it's definitely in here.

Basically, Audersma has 'hidden' this profile in a folder (so that it is not among the default included S/R profiles) and you have to use Internalz or command line to copy it from there to the location where all of the active profiles are... Once you do that, this profile will create a single zip file of your S/R directory. The zip itself is stored by default at /media/internal/

The good thing about this Zip backup is it is named by the date-time-stamp when you run it, so future runs of S/R do not get deleted and you have a point-in-time backup of S/R data... The only consideration with this is that you have to go in and move old Zips to your PC to free up space or they'll start accumulating and eating into your 7.5 GB of user space. Hope this helps.
    Please see this file for details: git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/saverestore.git/blob - contrib/Readme.txt

it explains what your additional options are, as well as how to get this file in the proper scripts directory.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Guys -- I know there are a lot of scripts out there that haven't been added to the app yet... work and life have been crazy for me (this is actually the first time i have been on the forums in almost a week). I will be getting to them shortly
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I put my own scripts into /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore.
    Since that I was missing many scripts in the Save/Restore GUI. I didn't see my own scripts too.
    "tail -f /var/log/messages" said:

I uninstalled Save/Restore, deleted /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore and reinstalled Save/Restore.
    All scripts worked fine again. Then I put my own scripts again in this directory. Same problem again.

Does anyone know where's the problem? Thanks!
    What OS are you using to write your scripts? are you using windows? if so, are you running fromdos to convert from windows to linux line endings? that is one thing that has caused me issues in the past

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We could add a DIRECTORIES option to srf.app.files which does this automatically.

-- Rod
    I think the reason for doing the if statements for zip/unzip tar/untar is because of the spaces in the files. Would whatever you are refering to adding to directories take care of that problem so that we won't have to create scripts to zip/unzip directories within the script?

I have made scripts for the following but several of them have if statements with zip commands to work around issues with properly accessing etc the items in need of being backed up. The ones using if statements for running zip I marked with *. They should be looked at to see if there is a better way to handle the backup and also I didn't look into the command line to unzip the stuff for the restore side.

Sparkle Lite
    Frootrees
    *Amazon MP3 (zips the AmazonMP3 directory located in media/internal)
    Bluetooth (works the same as the wifi script)
    Google Maps (db is stored in a non-standard path see script for details)
    *Photos (zips the DCIM directory in media/internal)
    Sprint Navigation (db is stored in a non-standard path see script for details)
    Angry Bird Lite
    *Backgrounds (by Stylem zips the Backgrounds directory in media/internal created by this app)
    BFG Maps
    BFG Maps Beta
    Crimson Fields
    Lumberjack
    *Visualboy Advance (zips the save directory in the apps folder similar idea to the NESem script earlier in the thread)

Also the following is useful for backing up some system settings for users who don't use mode switcher:

var/preferences/
    --- com.palm.audio/ prefsDB.sl volume and vibrate settings
    --- com.palm.display/ prefsDB.sl screen brightness and turn off after settings
    Attached Files Attached Files
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  6.    #1146  
    I've added srf.app.directory which takes a single DIRECTORY parameter which is the name of the directory under APPDIR which should be saved. DIRECTORY can have spaces in the name (enclose it in quotes) and the files in the DIRECTORY can have spaces in their names.

The new org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance uses it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I've added srf.app.directory which takes a single DIRECTORY parameter which is the name of the directory under APPDIR which should be saved. DIRECTORY can have spaces in the name (enclose it in quotes) and the files in the DIRECTORY can have spaces in their names.

-- Rod
    For anyone who wants to see the script Rod references above, see git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/saverestore.git/blob - scripts/org.webosinternals.visualboyadvance

also, I am working on grabbing all the prior scripts right now for an update later tonight!

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I have made scripts for the following but several of them have if statements with zip commands to work around issues with properly accessing etc the items in need of being backed up. The ones using if statements for running zip I marked with *. They should be looked at to see if there is a better way to handle the backup and also I didn't look into the command line to unzip the stuff for the restore side.

Also the following is useful for backing up some system settings for users who don't use mode switcher:

var/preferences/
    --- com.palm.audio/ prefsDB.sl volume and vibrate settings
    --- com.palm.display/ prefsDB.sl screen brightness and turn off after settings
    I grabbed the scripts..a few comments:
    Frootrees -- you forgot "source `dirname $0`/srf.app.files" ... i added that back
    Google Maps -- why wouldn't this be just a regular srf.app.databases call? A "files" save wouldn't work here because you would need to ensure that the database name is the same as listed in the databases.db file
    Sprint Navigation -- same as Google Maps. this just requires a srf.app.databases call, right?
    Backgrounds, Photos, Amazon Store - please take a look at the new srf.app.directories function
    Crimson - also forgot the "source `dirname $0`/srf.app.files" ... i added that back. also, i added a DSTSUB line to differentiate directories of the 2 saved files

Also, I will look to add the com.palm.audio and com.palm.display scripts in there, but not tonight..

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I updated my putki script so it will work with a fresh installation too.
    I changed the script a little...now, instead of "mkdir -p /media/internal/appdata/com.alphapolygon.putki/Saves", I added
    Code:
    [ -d "${SRCDIR}" ] || { mkdir ${SRCDIR} ; }
    so it checks first to see if the directory exists before creating it

EDIT -- The code above is no longer necessary. I will be adding that code to the srf.app.files script so that if the source directory is not present, but the app exists, it will create that directory.

Adam
    Last edited by Audemars02; 10/05/2010 at 08:26 AM.

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    Edit:

Okay, I don't know what I did the first time that made it not work but the code in the last post worked correctly. Sorry for missing that.

Completed Script for "Nes"
    Please take a look at Rod's post about srf.app.directories... you should rework the script to use that function

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Can someone please test the script for radiant? Thanks!
    Have you received any feedback on this? is it ready to get loaded into the app?

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Please take a look at Rod's post about srf.app.directories... you should rework the script to use that function
    I will try to work on that now and post it when done, I will try to finish shortly... Thanks
    I will try to work on that now and post it when done, I will try to finish shortly... Thanks
    Take your time..got sidetracked tonight..won't be updating until the morning..

Like any of my work:
    No worries, I put it together already. Sounds good thanks.

Haven't tested it yet though because I don't have the new srf.app.directories in place. Should be in working order, let me know if anything look out of place, appreciate it.

Have a good one...

EDIT: ( Tested doesn't work )

Should work correctly everything is in place, I think its a problem with being in one more folder past the com.kalemsoft.nesemdx folder
    Last edited by djgardn2; 10/04/2010 at 11:45 PM.
    Anyone have any ideas/suggestion?
    Okay, ran into an issue, I created a srf.app.directories to test if it worked, No luck.

I think the issue is that the folder to save/restore is located in /media/cryptofs/......../com.kalemsoft.nesemdx/data/saves

I tried placing in the script : DIRECTORY="data/saves"

Seems to be because its one folder deeper into it and it gives a error message out (let me know if you would like for a screenshot)

Not sure if there is a simple fix to this or it just doesn't play nice with the srf.app.directory script?
    Possibly just use the working script posted before (#1132) not trying to convert it to use the srf.app.directory script?

Edit: Attached Script with stated above(data/saves) added into it if you would like to look
    (Does Not Work)
    Last edited by djgardn2; 10/05/2010 at 12:07 AM.

-- Rod
    Cool beans

I grabbed the scripts..a few comments:
    Frootrees -- you forgot "source `dirname $0`/srf.app.files" ... i added that back
    Sorry about that. I'll be more careful in my next batch that I don't overlook putting in a line.

Google Maps -- why wouldn't this be just a regular srf.app.databases call? A "files" save wouldn't work here because you would need to ensure that the database name is the same as listed in the databases.db file
    Sprint Navigation -- same as Google Maps. this just requires a srf.app.databases call, right?
    Both of these saved the databases in a nonstandard location. That is to say that because the ID used for saving the data is not the same as the app ID, so save/restore fails to do anything when the simple database call is performed. The only way I could see backing up the data was to script the command lines to zip them manually. And because I was uncertain on how to proceed with the restore side I didn't reverse the process using unzip. I have no idea why webOS saves the database for these two apps under a different ID than the app ID.

Backgrounds, Photos, Amazon Store - please take a look at the new srf.app.directories function
    Will do, these folders are all in media/internal so do I need to add a line to point it correctly for that?

Crimson - also forgot the "source `dirname $0`/srf.app.files" ... i added that back. also, i added a DSTSUB line to differentiate directories of the 2 saved files
    I'll take a look at the changes you made so when I encounter another script that needs to save files in more than one location I can make sure to replicate it.

Also, I will look to add the com.palm.audio and com.palm.display scripts in there, but not tonight..
    I wasn't sure how we wanted to proceed on those which is why I mentioned it. I just happened to notice those directories when I referred to the wifi script to see where that info was stored. Thought I'd poke into the DBs and discovered what they stored.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  17.    #1157  
    Okay, ran into an issue, I created a srf.app.directories to test if it worked, No luck.

I think the issue is that the folder to save/restore is located in /media/cryptofs/......../com.kalemsoft.nesemdx/data/saves

Seems to be because its one folder deeper into it and it gives a error message out (let me know if you would like for a screenshot)

Not sure if there is a simple fix to this or it just doesn't play nice with the srf.app.directory script?
    Possibly just use the working script posted before (#1132) not trying to convert it to use the srf.app.directory script?

Edit: Attached Script with stated above(data/saves) added into it if you would like to look
    (Does Not Work)
    Yes, please post the error.

We'd prefer to reduce the custom stuff in the scripts to zero, by enhancing the srf.app.* functionality to cover the required cases. If custom stuff gets put in the top-level scripts, it will make it impossible later to do things like multiple save-sets, or other general things.

Adam, I do not recommend releasing any custom scripts.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  18.    #1158  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Both of these saved the databases in a nonstandard location. That is to say that because the ID used for saving the data is not the same as the app ID, so save/restore fails to do anything when the simple database call is performed. The only way I could see backing up the data was to script the command lines to zip them manually. And because I was uncertain on how to proceed with the restore side I didn't reverse the process using unzip. I have no idea why webOS saves the database for these two apps under a different ID than the app ID.
    We need to update srf.app.databases to cover that scenario then. Perhaps look at the com.palm.mobitv.app.sprinttv script for inspiration - does that fix the problem?

Save/Restore must do things 100% correctly. It's great to have lots of people submitting scripts to cover new apps, but we do need to review them to make sure things are being done in the most robust fashion.

Thanks for identifying the weird situation for these apps.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 10/05/2010 at 01:10 AM.
    Have you received any feedback on this? is it ready to get loaded into the app?
    I haven't heard back good or bad. A user requested it here or in mojo messenger can't remember now.

(Does Not Work)
    Try this script and see if it works:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="NesEm"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info

SRCDIR="$APPDIR/data"
    DIRECTORY="saves"
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.directory

exit 0
    This first sets a Source Directory (SRCDIR) as the data directory underneath your App Directory, and then tries to save the "saves" directory under that. This would also be used for any script that saves it's data to a media/internal or elsewhere within the file system.

let me know if that works
    Adam

Like any of my work: