Page 57 of 93 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
  1. #1121  
    Here are three Scripts for "New York Times" , "Jacksonville", and "TodoTracker."

    They all work correctly.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. #1122  
    @djgardn2:
    I don't know if this will work (not tested because I don't own this app), but you could try something like that:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    
    APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="NesEm"
    
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info
    
    if [ "$1" == "save" ] ; then
        tar -cf "$APPDIR/save.tar" "$APPDIR/data/saves/"
    fi
    
    SRCDIR="$APPDIR"
    FILES="saves.tar"
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.files
    
    if [ "$1" == "restore" ] ; then
        tar -xf "$APPDIR/save.tar" -C "$APPDIR/data/saves"
    fi
    
    rm "$APPDIR/save.tar"
    
    exit 0
  3. #1123  
    Reply to pcworld



    Thank you, that was not working but it is a step in the right direction, thx.

    I will change it slightly more in about an hour or so when I can take a break for a moment. I changed a few things as follows but had to stop and get back to work. I will finish it up a little later today, Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.



    #!/bin/sh

    APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="NesEm"

    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info

    if [ "$1" == "save" ] ; then
    tar -cvf "$APPDIR/data/save.tar" "$APPDIR/data/saves/"
    fi

    SRCDIR="$APPDIR"
    FILES="saves.tar"
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.files

    if [ "$1" == "restore" ] ; then
    tar -xvf "$APPDIR/data/save.tar" -C "$APPDIR/data/saves"
    fi

    rm "$APPDIR/save.tar"

    exit 0


    It works but instead of just adding back just the save folder and subdirectories

    /saves/(all variable folders including subdirectories)/

    its placing in the saves folder :

    /media/crytofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.k....t.nesemdx/data/saves/(then all variable folders and subdirectories)/(files to save)

    instead of just:

    /saves/(then all variable folders and subdirectories)/(files to save)


    I should be able to figure out with a little playing around and will post back later.

    Thank you for the help pcworld.
  4. #1124  
    Try:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    
    APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="NesEm"
    
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info
    
    if [ "$1" == "save" ] ; then
        tar -cf "$APPDIR/save.tar" "$APPDIR/data/saves"
    fi
    
    SRCDIR="$APPDIR"
    FILES="save.tar"
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.files
    
    if [ "$1" == "restore" ] ; then
    tar -xf "$APPDIR/save.tar" -C /
    fi
    
    rm "$APPDIR/save.tar"
    
    exit 0
    Last edited by pcworld; 09/26/2010 at 04:28 PM.
  5. #1125  
    Here is the Script for the "Nes " app, it saves/restores all folders with game quicksaves and saves.


    pcworld thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

    It is unable to remove the saves.tar after creating it and I was couldn't figure out a fix for that. I still need to test a couple more times to make sure it is working 100% but seems to be doing fine except I ran into it having trouble from a fresh uninstall reinstall. Please let me know if anyone tests this out and has it work for them, I will plan to revise it more tomorrow afternoon sometime.

    Edit: Not Working Correctly See Post #1132 for Correct Zip File
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by djgardn2; 09/26/2010 at 06:23 PM.
  6. #1126  
    I updated the code in my last post. Please try it without modifications and let me know if deleting of save.tar works fine and if restoring works with a fresh installation.

    In your attached file I saw some bugs.
  7.    #1127  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    @djgardn2:
    I don't know if this will work (not tested because I don't own this app), but you could try something like that:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    
    APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="NesEm"
    
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info
    
    if [ "$1" == "save" ] ; then
        tar -cf "$APPDIR/save.tar" "$APPDIR/data/saves/"
    fi
    
    SRCDIR="$APPDIR"
    FILES="saves.tar"
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.files
    
    if [ "$1" == "restore" ] ; then
        tar -xf "$APPDIR/save.tar" -C "$APPDIR/data/saves"
    fi
    
    rm "$APPDIR/save.tar"
    
    exit 0
    We could add a DIRECTORIES option to srf.app.files which does this automatically.

    -- Rod
  8. #1128  
    @rwhitby: Would be useful.
  9. #1129  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I updated the code in my last post. Please try it without modifications and let me know if deleting of save.tar works fine and if restoring works with a fresh installation.

    In your attached file I saw some bugs.
    Edit:


    Okay, I don't know what I did the first time that made it not work but the code in the last post worked correctly. Sorry for missing that.


    Completed Script for "Nes"
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by djgardn2; 09/26/2010 at 06:21 PM.
  10. #1130  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The situation has not changed from as described in post #13 on page 1 of this thread or post #35 on page 2 of this thread. 30 minutes is a long time to be searching and not read those first two pages of posts ...

    -- Rod
    Thanks Rod. Thinking about it, in all honesty, perhaps my blindness was that I wasn't finding the answer I wanted... ;-)

    BTW, what CAN you do with the files that save/restore produces for Memos and Messaging?
  11. #1131  
    Reply to Rwhitby:

    That would be a nice addition for sure.


    Reply to pcworld:

    Thanks for helping me out with that Script.
    I'm not familiar with Lunix very much. I've only learned C/C++ so far.
    Last edited by djgardn2; 09/26/2010 at 06:44 PM.
  12. #1132  
    i'm a little ****ed cause the app didnt tell me to copy the files to my computer

    any way to get back my app data?
    Last edited by furygoalbrtis39; 09/26/2010 at 07:26 PM.
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

    "Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
  13.    #1133  
    Quote Originally Posted by pbgiv View Post
    Thanks Rod. Thinking about it, in all honesty, perhaps my blindness was that I wasn't finding the answer I wanted... ;-)

    BTW, what CAN you do with the files that save/restore produces for Memos and Messaging?
    You can open them in a web browser.

    -- Rod
  14. #1134  
    I updated my putki script so it will work with a fresh installation too.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  15. #1135  
    I put my own scripts into /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore.
    Since that I was missing many scripts in the Save/Restore GUI. I didn't see my own scripts too.
    "tail -f /var/log/messages" said:
    Code:
    2010-09-27T14:26:46.579437Z [2306] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    g.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: ERROR: native parser didn't like '{"scripts
    ": [{ "id": "ca.canucksoftware.internalz", "title": "Internalz", "saved": true,
    "timestamp": "20100904T194646+0200" }, { "id": "ca.canucksoftware.ledtorch", "ti
    tle": "LED Torch", "saved": false }, { "id": "ca.canucksoftware.presetreset", "t
    itle": "Preset Reset", "saved": false }, { "id": "ch.zorg.rnatau.stc", "title":
    "ShareTheCosts (STC)", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.10tons.app.sparkle", "titl
    e": "Sparkle", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.185vfx.paratrooper", "title": "Par
    atrooper", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20100904T194700+0200" }, { "id": "com.8b
    itdevelopment.speeddiallite", "title": "Speed Dial Lite", "saved": false }, { "i
    d": "com.8bitdevelopment.speeddialplus", "title": "Speed Dial Plus", "saved": fa
    lse }, { "id": "com.8bitdevelopment.speeddialpro", "title": "Speed Dial Pro", "s
    aved": false }, { "id": "com.8bitdevelopment.wifimediasync", "title": "WiFi Medi
    a Sync", "save
    2010-09-27T14:26:46.585998Z [2306] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    g.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: EXCEPTION [JSON.parse], (SyntaxError): "Une
    xpected token :", palmInitFramework347:2527
    2010-09-27T14:26:51.153350Z [2311] palm-webos-device user.err TelephonyInterfaceLayerGsm: {TI
    L.LOG}: TID:365ff490 hostRequestCompleted ERROR=failure Null MsgP
    2010-09-27T14:26:53.093597Z [2313] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    g.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: ERROR: native parser didn't like '{"scripts
    ": [{ "id": "com.palm.app.notes", "title": "Memos", "note": "Restore not support
    ed yet", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20100925T193935+0200" }, { "id": "com.palm
    .app.quicksystemtasks", "title": "Quick System Tasks", "saved": false }, { "id":
     "com.palm.app.switcharoo", "title": "Switcharoo Free", "saved": false }, { "id"
    : "com.palm.app.wifi", "title": "Wifi Profiles", "note": "Device Restart require
    d after restore", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20100925T013657+0200" }, { "id":
    "com.palm.app.youtube", "title": "YouTube", "saved": true, "timestamp": "2010092
    5T013658+0200" }, { "id": "com.palm.futurepr0n.batterymonitorplus", "title": "Ba
    ttery Monitor", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.palm.mobitv.app.sprinttv", "title
    ": "Sprint TV", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.palm.nanapps.app.nanplayer", "tit
    le": "NaNplayer", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.palm.net.heden.webos.quickevent
    ", "title": "Q
    2010-09-27T14:26:53.103485Z [2313] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    g.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: EXCEPTION [JSON.parse], (SyntaxError): "Une
    xpected token :", palmInitFramework347:2527
    2010-09-27T14:26:54.344451Z [2314] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    g.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: ERROR: native parser didn't like '{"scripts
    ": [{ "id": "com.tegi-stuff.app.feedreader", "title": "FeedReader", "saved": fal
    se }, /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.thomasschoeps.app.superjump: l
    ine 1: ++#!/bin/sh: not found<br>{ "id": "com.thomasschoeps.app.superjump", "ti
    tle": "SuperJump", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20100925T124813+0200" }, { "id":
     "com.tibfib.messenger", "title": "Mojo Messenger", "saved": false }, { "id": "c
    om.tigers.app.myles", "title": "Myles", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.tigers.be
    ta.myles", "title": "Myles", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.trapster.app.webos",
     "title": "Trapster", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.trileet.newsroom", "title":
     "NewsRoom", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.ulocate.app.where", "title": "WHERE"
    , "saved": false }, { "id": "com.underclouds.rollquest", "title": "Roll Quest",
    "saved": false }, { "id": "com.unlimitedjuice.app.scratchpad", "title": "Scratch
    pad", "saved":
    2010-09-27T14:26:54.353454Z [2314] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    g.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: EXCEPTION [JSON.parse], (SyntaxError): "Une
    xpected token :", palmInitFramework347:2527
    I uninstalled Save/Restore, deleted /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore and reinstalled Save/Restore.
    All scripts worked fine again. Then I put my own scripts again in this directory. Same problem again.

    Does anyone know where's the problem? Thanks!
  16.    #1136  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I put my own scripts into /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore.
    Since that I was missing many scripts in the Save/Restore GUI. I didn't see my own scripts too.
    "tail -f /var/log/messages" said:
    Code:
    2010-09-27T14:26:46.579437Z [2306] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    g.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: ERROR: native parser didn't like '{"scripts
    ": [{ "id": "ca.canucksoftware.internalz", "title": "Internalz", "saved": true,
    "timestamp": "20100904T194646+0200" }, { "id": "ca.canucksoftware.ledtorch", "ti
    tle": "LED Torch", "saved": false }, { "id": "ca.canucksoftware.presetreset", "t
    itle": "Preset Reset", "saved": false }, { "id": "ch.zorg.rnatau.stc", "title":
    "ShareTheCosts (STC)", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.10tons.app.sparkle", "titl
    e": "Sparkle", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.185vfx.paratrooper", "title": "Par
    atrooper", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20100904T194700+0200" }, { "id": "com.8b
    itdevelopment.speeddiallite", "title": "Speed Dial Lite", "saved": false }, { "i
    d": "com.8bitdevelopment.speeddialplus", "title": "Speed Dial Plus", "saved": fa
    lse }, { "id": "com.8bitdevelopment.speeddialpro", "title": "Speed Dial Pro", "s
    aved": false }, { "id": "com.8bitdevelopment.wifimediasync", "title": "WiFi Medi
    a Sync", "save
    2010-09-27T14:26:46.585998Z [2306] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    g.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: EXCEPTION [JSON.parse], (SyntaxError): "Une
    xpected token :", palmInitFramework347:2527
    2010-09-27T14:26:51.153350Z [2311] palm-webos-device user.err TelephonyInterfaceLayerGsm: {TI
    L.LOG}: TID:365ff490 hostRequestCompleted ERROR=failure Null MsgP
    2010-09-27T14:26:53.093597Z [2313] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    g.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: ERROR: native parser didn't like '{"scripts
    ": [{ "id": "com.palm.app.notes", "title": "Memos", "note": "Restore not support
    ed yet", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20100925T193935+0200" }, { "id": "com.palm
    .app.quicksystemtasks", "title": "Quick System Tasks", "saved": false }, { "id":
     "com.palm.app.switcharoo", "title": "Switcharoo Free", "saved": false }, { "id"
    : "com.palm.app.wifi", "title": "Wifi Profiles", "note": "Device Restart require
    d after restore", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20100925T013657+0200" }, { "id":
    "com.palm.app.youtube", "title": "YouTube", "saved": true, "timestamp": "2010092
    5T013658+0200" }, { "id": "com.palm.futurepr0n.batterymonitorplus", "title": "Ba
    ttery Monitor", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.palm.mobitv.app.sprinttv", "title
    ": "Sprint TV", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.palm.nanapps.app.nanplayer", "tit
    le": "NaNplayer", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.palm.net.heden.webos.quickevent
    ", "title": "Q
    2010-09-27T14:26:53.103485Z [2313] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    g.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: EXCEPTION [JSON.parse], (SyntaxError): "Une
    xpected token :", palmInitFramework347:2527
    2010-09-27T14:26:54.344451Z [2314] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    g.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: ERROR: native parser didn't like '{"scripts
    ": [{ "id": "com.tegi-stuff.app.feedreader", "title": "FeedReader", "saved": fal
    se }, /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.thomasschoeps.app.superjump: l
    ine 1: ++#!/bin/sh: not found<br>{ "id": "com.thomasschoeps.app.superjump", "ti
    tle": "SuperJump", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20100925T124813+0200" }, { "id":
     "com.tibfib.messenger", "title": "Mojo Messenger", "saved": false }, { "id": "c
    om.tigers.app.myles", "title": "Myles", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.tigers.be
    ta.myles", "title": "Myles", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.trapster.app.webos",
     "title": "Trapster", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.trileet.newsroom", "title":
     "NewsRoom", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.ulocate.app.where", "title": "WHERE"
    , "saved": false }, { "id": "com.underclouds.rollquest", "title": "Roll Quest",
    "saved": false }, { "id": "com.unlimitedjuice.app.scratchpad", "title": "Scratch
    pad", "saved":
    2010-09-27T14:26:54.353454Z [2314] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    g.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: EXCEPTION [JSON.parse], (SyntaxError): "Une
    xpected token :", palmInitFramework347:2527
    I uninstalled Save/Restore, deleted /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore and reinstalled Save/Restore.
    All scripts worked fine again. Then I put my own scripts again in this directory. Same problem again.

    Does anyone know where's the problem? Thanks!
    Syntax error in your additional scripts. Post them for review.

    -- Rod
  17. #1137  
    I am currently using Save/Restore v1.0.9 on my Sprint Palm Pre. I have found it to be invaluable. A month or so ago, I had to doctor my device and this made restoring my data seamless and stress-free.

    But now...

    Four days ago, my Pre said that it was no longer logged into my Palm Profile, then it began a hard reset. After that process, I reloaded Preware and my applications and the patches I had on it previously (including Save/Restore). To my horror and dismay, when I hit "Select All" and "Restore Selected", on every application's log results, the final line states "file, unzip, data (or something similar) not found". When I look at my USB drive, and the "saverestore" subdirectory is still there, so I'm very confused.

    What can I do? I'm usually a pretty calm guy, but this is really beginning to stress me out.

    Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.
  18.    #1138  
    Quote Originally Posted by teeriley View Post
    I am currently using Save/Restore v1.0.9 on my Sprint Palm Pre. I have found it to be invaluable. A month or so ago, I had to doctor my device and this made restoring my data seamless and stress-free.

    But now...

    Four days ago, my Pre said that it was no longer logged into my Palm Profile, then it began a hard reset. After that process, I reloaded Preware and my applications and the patches I had on it previously (including Save/Restore). To my horror and dismay, when I hit "Select All" and "Restore Selected", on every application's log results, the final line states "file, unzip, data (or something similar) not found". When I look at my USB drive, and the "saverestore" subdirectory is still there, so I'm very confused.

    What can I do? I'm usually a pretty calm guy, but this is really beginning to stress me out.

    Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.
    You should always use Preware to install Save/Restore.

    What has happened is that you have probably used a package installation tool which does not honour package dependencies, hence you are missing the Zip and UnZip packages.

    Reinstall Save/Restore using Preware.

    If that fails, post the exact error message you get when restoring an application.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  19. #1139  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should always use Preware to install Save/Restore.

    What has happened is that you have probably used a package installation tool which does not honour package dependencies, hence you are missing the Zip and UnZip packages.

    Reinstall Save/Restore using Preware.

    If that fails, post the exact error message you get when restoring an application.

    -- Rod
    I just have to say thanks Rod. I removed (via Preware), did a Luna Restart for safe measure, then reinstalled (via Preware). I reran the "restore" and voila! everything is back to normal. I now can sleep (literally).

    To quote the little girl on the GM OnStar commercial, "Thanks, car!" Ok, you're not a car, but I had to fit that in somewhere.

    Terrell
  20. rksand's Avatar
    Posts
    151 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #1140  
    Sorry if this is a duplicate question (58 pages here!), but has any consideration been given to allowing multiple backups of each app? My phone did a random partial reset of a bunch of applications and they lost all their data. There was one app I didn't realize had been affected before I did another save/restore. Had I had sequential backups just 1 level deep, I'd have been saved!

    Ron

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions