Page 57 of 93 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Here are three Scripts for "New York Times" , "Jacksonville", and "TodoTracker."

They all work correctly.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    @djgardn2:
    I don't know if this will work (not tested because I don't own this app), but you could try something like that:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="NesEm"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info

if [ "$1" == "save" ] ; then
        tar -cf "$APPDIR/save.tar" "$APPDIR/data/saves/"
    fi

SRCDIR="$APPDIR"
    FILES="saves.tar"
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.files

if [ "$1" == "restore" ] ; then
        tar -xf "$APPDIR/save.tar" -C "$APPDIR/data/saves"
    fi

rm "$APPDIR/save.tar"

exit 0
    Reply to pcworld

Thank you, that was not working but it is a step in the right direction, thx.

I will change it slightly more in about an hour or so when I can take a break for a moment. I changed a few things as follows but had to stop and get back to work. I will finish it up a little later today, Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

#!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="NesEm"

tar -cvf "$APPDIR/data/save.tar" "$APPDIR/data/saves/"
    fi

SRCDIR="$APPDIR"
    FILES="saves.tar"

tar -xvf "$APPDIR/data/save.tar" -C "$APPDIR/data/saves"
    fi

rm "$APPDIR/save.tar"

exit 0

It works but instead of just adding back just the save folder and subdirectories

/saves/(all variable folders including subdirectories)/

its placing in the saves folder :

/media/crytofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.k....t.nesemdx/data/saves/(then all variable folders and subdirectories)/(files to save)

instead of just:

/saves/(then all variable folders and subdirectories)/(files to save)

I should be able to figure out with a little playing around and will post back later.

Thank you for the help pcworld.
    Try:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="NesEm"

tar -cf "$APPDIR/save.tar" "$APPDIR/data/saves"
    fi

SRCDIR="$APPDIR"
    FILES="save.tar"

tar -xf "$APPDIR/save.tar" -C /
    fi

rm "$APPDIR/save.tar"

exit 0
    Last edited by pcworld; 09/26/2010 at 04:28 PM.
    Here is the Script for the "Nes " app, it saves/restores all folders with game quicksaves and saves.

pcworld thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

It is unable to remove the saves.tar after creating it and I was couldn't figure out a fix for that. I still need to test a couple more times to make sure it is working 100% but seems to be doing fine except I ran into it having trouble from a fresh uninstall reinstall. Please let me know if anyone tests this out and has it work for them, I will plan to revise it more tomorrow afternoon sometime.

Edit: Not Working Correctly See Post #1132 for Correct Zip File
    Last edited by djgardn2; 09/26/2010 at 06:23 PM.
    I updated the code in my last post. Please try it without modifications and let me know if deleting of save.tar works fine and if restoring works with a fresh installation.

In your attached file I saw some bugs.
  7.    #1127  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    @djgardn2:
    I don't know if this will work (not tested because I don't own this app), but you could try something like that:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="NesEm"

tar -cf "$APPDIR/save.tar" "$APPDIR/data/saves/"
    fi

SRCDIR="$APPDIR"
    FILES="saves.tar"

tar -xf "$APPDIR/save.tar" -C "$APPDIR/data/saves"
    fi

rm "$APPDIR/save.tar"

exit 0
    We could add a DIRECTORIES option to srf.app.files which does this automatically.

-- Rod
    @rwhitby: Would be useful.
    I updated the code in my last post. Please try it without modifications and let me know if deleting of save.tar works fine and if restoring works with a fresh installation.

In your attached file I saw some bugs.
    Edit:

Okay, I don't know what I did the first time that made it not work but the code in the last post worked correctly. Sorry for missing that.

Completed Script for "Nes"
    Last edited by djgardn2; 09/26/2010 at 06:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The situation has not changed from as described in post #13 on page 1 of this thread or post #35 on page 2 of this thread. 30 minutes is a long time to be searching and not read those first two pages of posts ...

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod. Thinking about it, in all honesty, perhaps my blindness was that I wasn't finding the answer I wanted... ;-)

BTW, what CAN you do with the files that save/restore produces for Memos and Messaging?
    Reply to Rwhitby:

That would be a nice addition for sure.

Reply to pcworld:

Thanks for helping me out with that Script.
    I'm not familiar with Lunix very much. I've only learned C/C++ so far.
    Last edited by djgardn2; 09/26/2010 at 06:44 PM.
    i'm a little ****ed cause the app didnt tell me to copy the files to my computer

any way to get back my app data?
    Last edited by furygoalbrtis39; 09/26/2010 at 07:26 PM.
    PSN:KlutchScope
    Xbox Gamertag:KlutchScope
    Follow me on Twitter
    AT&T|Palm Pre Plus

"Fact, bears, beets, BattleStar Galactica."- From "The Office", Jim impersonating Dwight
  13.    #1133  
    Quote Originally Posted by pbgiv View Post
    Thanks Rod. Thinking about it, in all honesty, perhaps my blindness was that I wasn't finding the answer I wanted... ;-)

BTW, what CAN you do with the files that save/restore produces for Memos and Messaging?
    You can open them in a web browser.

-- Rod
    I updated my putki script so it will work with a fresh installation too.
    I put my own scripts into /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore.
    Since that I was missing many scripts in the Save/Restore GUI. I didn't see my own scripts too.
    "tail -f /var/log/messages" said:
    Code:
    2010-09-27T14:26:46.579437Z [2306] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    g.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: ERROR: native parser didn't like '{"scripts
    ": [{ "id": "ca.canucksoftware.internalz", "title": "Internalz", "saved": true,
    "timestamp": "20100904T194646+0200" }, { "id": "ca.canucksoftware.ledtorch", "ti
    tle": "LED Torch", "saved": false }, { "id": "ca.canucksoftware.presetreset", "t
    itle": "Preset Reset", "saved": false }, { "id": "ch.zorg.rnatau.stc", "title":
    "ShareTheCosts (STC)", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.10tons.app.sparkle", "titl
    e": "Sparkle", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.185vfx.paratrooper", "title": "Par
    atrooper", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20100904T194700+0200" }, { "id": "com.8b
    itdevelopment.speeddiallite", "title": "Speed Dial Lite", "saved": false }, { "i
    d": "com.8bitdevelopment.speeddialplus", "title": "Speed Dial Plus", "saved": fa
    lse }, { "id": "com.8bitdevelopment.speeddialpro", "title": "Speed Dial Pro", "s
    aved": false }, { "id": "com.8bitdevelopment.wifimediasync", "title": "WiFi Medi
    a Sync", "save
    2010-09-27T14:26:46.585998Z [2306] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    g.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: EXCEPTION [JSON.parse], (SyntaxError): "Une
    xpected token :", palmInitFramework347:2527
    2010-09-27T14:26:51.153350Z [2311] palm-webos-device user.err TelephonyInterfaceLayerGsm: {TI
    L.LOG}: TID:365ff490 hostRequestCompleted ERROR=failure Null MsgP
    2010-09-27T14:26:53.093597Z [2313] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    g.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: ERROR: native parser didn't like '{"scripts
    ": [{ "id": "com.palm.app.notes", "title": "Memos", "note": "Restore not support
    ed yet", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20100925T193935+0200" }, { "id": "com.palm
    .app.quicksystemtasks", "title": "Quick System Tasks", "saved": false }, { "id":
     "com.palm.app.switcharoo", "title": "Switcharoo Free", "saved": false }, { "id"
    : "com.palm.app.wifi", "title": "Wifi Profiles", "note": "Device Restart require
    d after restore", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20100925T013657+0200" }, { "id":
    "com.palm.app.youtube", "title": "YouTube", "saved": true, "timestamp": "2010092
    5T013658+0200" }, { "id": "com.palm.futurepr0n.batterymonitorplus", "title": "Ba
    ttery Monitor", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.palm.mobitv.app.sprinttv", "title
    ": "Sprint TV", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.palm.nanapps.app.nanplayer", "tit
    le": "NaNplayer", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.palm.net.heden.webos.quickevent
    ", "title": "Q
    2010-09-27T14:26:53.103485Z [2313] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    g.webosinternals.saverestore: Error: EXCEPTION [JSON.parse], (SyntaxError): "Une
    2010-09-27T14:26:54.344451Z [2314] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    ": [{ "id": "com.tegi-stuff.app.feedreader", "title": "FeedReader", "saved": fal
    se }, /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.thomasschoeps.app.superjump: l
    ine 1: ++#!/bin/sh: not found<br>{ "id": "com.thomasschoeps.app.superjump", "ti
    tle": "SuperJump", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20100925T124813+0200" }, { "id":
     "com.tibfib.messenger", "title": "Mojo Messenger", "saved": false }, { "id": "c
    om.tigers.app.myles", "title": "Myles", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.tigers.be
    ta.myles", "title": "Myles", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.trapster.app.webos",
     "title": "Trapster", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.trileet.newsroom", "title":
     "NewsRoom", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.ulocate.app.where", "title": "WHERE"
    , "saved": false }, { "id": "com.underclouds.rollquest", "title": "Roll Quest",
    "saved": false }, { "id": "com.unlimitedjuice.app.scratchpad", "title": "Scratch
    pad", "saved":
    2010-09-27T14:26:54.353454Z [2314] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    I uninstalled Save/Restore, deleted /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore and reinstalled Save/Restore.
    All scripts worked fine again. Then I put my own scripts again in this directory. Same problem again.

Does anyone know where's the problem? Thanks!
  16.    #1136  
    I put my own scripts into /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore.
    Since that I was missing many scripts in the Save/Restore GUI. I didn't see my own scripts too.
    "tail -f /var/log/messages" said:
    Code:
    2010-09-27T14:26:46.579437Z [2306] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    ": [{ "id": "ca.canucksoftware.internalz", "title": "Internalz", "saved": true,
    "timestamp": "20100904T194646+0200" }, { "id": "ca.canucksoftware.ledtorch", "ti
    tle": "LED Torch", "saved": false }, { "id": "ca.canucksoftware.presetreset", "t
    itle": "Preset Reset", "saved": false }, { "id": "ch.zorg.rnatau.stc", "title":
    "ShareTheCosts (STC)", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.10tons.app.sparkle", "titl
    e": "Sparkle", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.185vfx.paratrooper", "title": "Par
    atrooper", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20100904T194700+0200" }, { "id": "com.8b
    itdevelopment.speeddiallite", "title": "Speed Dial Lite", "saved": false }, { "i
    d": "com.8bitdevelopment.speeddialplus", "title": "Speed Dial Plus", "saved": fa
    lse }, { "id": "com.8bitdevelopment.speeddialpro", "title": "Speed Dial Pro", "s
    aved": false }, { "id": "com.8bitdevelopment.wifimediasync", "title": "WiFi Medi
    a Sync", "save
    2010-09-27T14:26:46.585998Z [2306] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    2010-09-27T14:26:51.153350Z [2311] palm-webos-device user.err TelephonyInterfaceLayerGsm: {TI
    L.LOG}: TID:365ff490 hostRequestCompleted ERROR=failure Null MsgP
    2010-09-27T14:26:53.093597Z [2313] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    ": [{ "id": "com.palm.app.notes", "title": "Memos", "note": "Restore not support
    ed yet", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20100925T193935+0200" }, { "id": "com.palm
    .app.quicksystemtasks", "title": "Quick System Tasks", "saved": false }, { "id":
     "com.palm.app.switcharoo", "title": "Switcharoo Free", "saved": false }, { "id"
    : "com.palm.app.wifi", "title": "Wifi Profiles", "note": "Device Restart require
    d after restore", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20100925T013657+0200" }, { "id":
    "com.palm.app.youtube", "title": "YouTube", "saved": true, "timestamp": "2010092
    5T013658+0200" }, { "id": "com.palm.futurepr0n.batterymonitorplus", "title": "Ba
    ttery Monitor", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.palm.mobitv.app.sprinttv", "title
    ": "Sprint TV", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.palm.nanapps.app.nanplayer", "tit
    le": "NaNplayer", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.palm.net.heden.webos.quickevent
    ", "title": "Q
    2010-09-27T14:26:53.103485Z [2313] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    2010-09-27T14:26:54.344451Z [2314] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    ": [{ "id": "com.tegi-stuff.app.feedreader", "title": "FeedReader", "saved": fal
    se }, /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.thomasschoeps.app.superjump: l
    ine 1: ++#!/bin/sh: not found<br>{ "id": "com.thomasschoeps.app.superjump", "ti
    tle": "SuperJump", "saved": true, "timestamp": "20100925T124813+0200" }, { "id":
     "com.tibfib.messenger", "title": "Mojo Messenger", "saved": false }, { "id": "c
    om.tigers.app.myles", "title": "Myles", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.tigers.be
    ta.myles", "title": "Myles", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.trapster.app.webos",
     "title": "Trapster", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.trileet.newsroom", "title":
     "NewsRoom", "saved": false }, { "id": "com.ulocate.app.where", "title": "WHERE"
    , "saved": false }, { "id": "com.underclouds.rollquest", "title": "Roll Quest",
    "saved": false }, { "id": "com.unlimitedjuice.app.scratchpad", "title": "Scratch
    pad", "saved":
    2010-09-27T14:26:54.353454Z [2314] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: or
    I uninstalled Save/Restore, deleted /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore and reinstalled Save/Restore.
    All scripts worked fine again. Then I put my own scripts again in this directory. Same problem again.

Does anyone know where's the problem? Thanks!
    Syntax error in your additional scripts. Post them for review.

-- Rod
    I am currently using Save/Restore v1.0.9 on my Sprint Palm Pre. I have found it to be invaluable. A month or so ago, I had to doctor my device and this made restoring my data seamless and stress-free.

But now...

Four days ago, my Pre said that it was no longer logged into my Palm Profile, then it began a hard reset. After that process, I reloaded Preware and my applications and the patches I had on it previously (including Save/Restore). To my horror and dismay, when I hit "Select All" and "Restore Selected", on every application's log results, the final line states "file, unzip, data (or something similar) not found". When I look at my USB drive, and the "saverestore" subdirectory is still there, so I'm very confused.

What can I do? I'm usually a pretty calm guy, but this is really beginning to stress me out.

Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.
  18.    #1138  
    Quote Originally Posted by teeriley View Post
    I am currently using Save/Restore v1.0.9 on my Sprint Palm Pre. I have found it to be invaluable. A month or so ago, I had to doctor my device and this made restoring my data seamless and stress-free.

But now...

Four days ago, my Pre said that it was no longer logged into my Palm Profile, then it began a hard reset. After that process, I reloaded Preware and my applications and the patches I had on it previously (including Save/Restore). To my horror and dismay, when I hit "Select All" and "Restore Selected", on every application's log results, the final line states "file, unzip, data (or something similar) not found". When I look at my USB drive, and the "saverestore" subdirectory is still there, so I'm very confused.

What can I do? I'm usually a pretty calm guy, but this is really beginning to stress me out.

Any help that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.
    You should always use Preware to install Save/Restore.

What has happened is that you have probably used a package installation tool which does not honour package dependencies, hence you are missing the Zip and UnZip packages.

Reinstall Save/Restore using Preware.

If that fails, post the exact error message you get when restoring an application.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should always use Preware to install Save/Restore.

What has happened is that you have probably used a package installation tool which does not honour package dependencies, hence you are missing the Zip and UnZip packages.

Reinstall Save/Restore using Preware.

If that fails, post the exact error message you get when restoring an application.

-- Rod
    I just have to say thanks Rod. I removed (via Preware), did a Luna Restart for safe measure, then reinstalled (via Preware). I reran the "restore" and voila! everything is back to normal. I now can sleep (literally).

To quote the little girl on the GM OnStar commercial, "Thanks, car!" Ok, you're not a car, but I had to fit that in somewhere.

Terrell
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Sorry if this is a duplicate question (58 pages here!), but has any consideration been given to allowing multiple backups of each app? My phone did a random partial reset of a bunch of applications and they lost all their data. There was one app I didn't realize had been affected before I did another save/restore. Had I had sequential backups just 1 level deep, I'd have been saved!

Ron