Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    ok after several tests the script works perfectly. Bounty has been sent. thanks
    Happy to help!
    Is anyone working on a script for ground effect? if not, I would like to use it to try and create my first save/restore script. Let me know. Ground effect is the free version and there is also a Pro version. I will only be working on the free version if no one else is already working on it.

- Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by freepre View Post
    Is anyone working on a script for ground effect? if not, I would like to use it to try and create my first save/restore script. Let me know. Ground effect is the free version and there is also a Pro version. I will only be working on the free version if no one else is already working on it.

- Thanks
    Go for it! In fact the pro version would most likely be the same script except using the app ID for the pro version if you are interested in taking a shot at both. I'm assuming of course that there is no huge difference between the two.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Thanks....I'll offer a $5 bounty for the homebrew app "Five Dice." Just let me know where to paypal the money to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I will work on these right now for ya...
    Hi,

Five Dice has officially hit the app catalog. I was able to successfully restore my high scores to the paid app using Save/Restore.

Question: The game has some new features, such as the ability to change colors schemes, roll speed of dice, multiple players, etc. Would it be possible to add these to the save/restore process, so that when we restore, all our preferences from the preferences screen are saved?

I'll offer another $5 bounty if needed (note: current price of game is $1.00 in app catalog.) Thanks!
    Hi,

Five Dice has officially hit the app catalog. I was able to successfully restore my high scores to the paid app using Save/Restore.

Question: The game has some new features, such as the ability to change colors schemes, roll speed of dice, multiple players, etc. Would it be possible to add these to the save/restore process, so that when we restore, all our preferences from the preferences screen are saved?

I'll offer another $5 bounty if needed (note: current price of game is $1.00 in app catalog.) Thanks!
    I'm going to go buy this now to update for you... since you already paid a bounty on this the first time around, no need for a full $5 bounty. how about just $1.5 or $2 to cover the cost of the app, taxes and paypal fees?

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I'm going to go buy this now to update for you... since you already paid a bounty on this the first time around, no need for a full $5 bounty. how about just $1.5 or $2 to cover the cost of the app, taxes and paypal fees?
    Sure, that's fine. Let me know how it goes and where to send payment (I think I probably still have your info somewhere.)

Edit: I guess your donate link in your sig would work?
    Sure, that's fine. Let me know how it goes and where to send payment (I think I probably still have your info somewhere.)

Edit: I guess your donate link in your sig would work?
    Just did a few checks... actually, i think the existing script should work just fine with no changes. luckily, i took a look at the Five Dice forum thread before downloading from the App Catalog and noticed that the dev had the save version in Preware. So, i did a few checks and the existing script works just fine with the new version of the app (even the App ID is the same).

So, try doing a Save, make a few changes, do a Restore and then luna restart. all your high scores and preferences should be restored. So, no need for a bounty since it didn't cost me anything more than my time!

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Just did a few checks... actually, i think the existing script should work just fine with no changes.

So, try doing a Save, make a few changes, do a Restore and then luna restart. all your high scores and preferences should be restored. So, no need for a bounty since it didn't cost me anything more than my time!
    When I tried it earlier, the only thing restored was the high scores. What I did was saved the data using save/restore, deleted the homebrew version using Preware, downloaded the paid version from the app catalog, launched it once, closed it, then did a restore using the save/restore app.

The only thing that was restored was the high scores. The preferences (colors) and number of players weren't restored, everything was set to default.

I just tested it again. I saved it using save/restore, then went in and changed one of the colors and deleted 2 of the players. I then used restore but when I opened the app, the 2 deleted players were still deleted and the color change was not restored to the original. I also tried a luna restart, still did not restore all preferences.

I notice that when I do a save, the name of the file is "highScores cookies.sql" and it appears that the only thing that's saved/restored is the High scores.

Is it even possible to save all the preferences?
    When I tried it earlier, the only thing restored was the high scores. What I did was saved the data using save/restore, deleted the homebrew version using Preware, downloaded the paid version from the app catalog, launched it once, closed it, then did a restore using the save/restore app.

The only thing that was restored was the high scores. The preferences (colors) and number of players weren't restored, everything was set to default.

I just tested it again. I saved it using save/restore, then went in and changed one of the colors and deleted 2 of the players. I then used restore but when I opened the app, the 2 deleted players were still deleted and the color change was not restored to the original. I also tried a luna restart, still did not restore all preferences.

I notice that when I do a save, the name of the file is "highScores cookies.sql" and it appears that the only thing that's saved/restored is the High scores.

Is it even possible to save all the preferences?
    did you try doing a LUNA restart after the restore? anything that uses Cookies sometimes needs a luna restart to actually show up. so, try doing a restore and then a immediate luna restart...

Like any of my work:
    did you try doing a LUNA restart after the restore? anything that uses Cookies sometimes needs a luna restart to actually show up. so, try doing a restore and then a immediate luna restart...
    Strange...the first time I tried it, it didn't work, the next 2 times it did. Maybe I did something wrong before but looks like it's restoring properly now.

I'll play around more with it tomorrow just to confirm. Thanks!
    Attached is the script for our app: Slide RSS
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rod-Save/Restore worked admirably on everything but Angry Birds. I'm back to the beginning of the game. I had wiped and doctored my Sprint Pre then ran Save/Restore. These two files are on my back up of my USB drive in the saverestore/com.rovio.angrybirds folder. I hate starting over

Thanks
    Visor->650->Pre
  13.    #1113  
    Quote Originally Posted by drugstorecowboy View Post
    Rod-Save/Restore worked admirably on everything but Angry Birds. I'm back to the beginning of the game. I had wiped and doctored my Sprint Pre then ran Save/Restore. These two files are on my back up of my USB drive in the saverestore/com.rovio.angrybirds folder. I hate starting over

Thanks
    Did you do a save before you doctored? Saves don't happen automatically - you have to click the Save button to make it happen (we're still waiting for a Mojo developer to step forward to program automatic periodic saves).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Hey Rod -- just a quick thought for you...since it seems like any "restore" that involves cookies usually require a Luna Restart to take effect, is there any way to have a pop-up after a restore giving a little message that you may need a restart, and offer to do it (just like when you install a patch in preware).

Like any of my work:
  15.    #1115  
    Hey Rod -- just a quick thought for you...since it seems like any "restore" that involves cookies usually require a Luna Restart to take effect, is there any way to have a pop-up after a restore giving a little message that you may need a restart, and offer to do it (just like when you install a patch in preware).
    Yes, we can add PostRestoreFlags to the info call, and have Save/Restore handle them just like Preware does.

-- Rod
    Rod-I moved my backed up folder onto the Pre again. I think I only moved one of the two zip files before. Worked like a charm this time, just as I would expect from your apps. Donation on the way.
    Visor->650->Pre
    Can someone please test the script for radiant? Thanks!
    In attachment see script for SuperJump
    Putki

By the way: Why I don't see my own scripts in the Save/Restore GUI?

Edit: Removed attachment, new script see here
    Last edited by pcworld; 09/27/2010 at 08:35 AM.
    Hello,
    If anyone would like to test my new Script I made for the save restore for "Nes " app let me know how it works. It will save/restore all saves and quick saves completely but I only have it supporting 3 games for now (Mario Bros, Excitebike, Contra Force).
    I am willing/planning to add more games if anyone wants to request some feel free and I will add them as soon as I can.
    The one of the main issues you need to deal with before Restoring the Nes is if you are starting Fresh with no previous saves you need to make a save for each game you are wanting to restore (so it will create the correct folder) then you can restore without any issues. If you are missing a game it wil skip over and save the ones you have without conflict.

To Rwhitby :

Please let me know if I should include anything else in the script seeing this is my first complex type script I have tried.

Also question I know Linux supports copy a directory with all subdirectories and files using Example (not real file path) :

cp -r /mydocuments/PreFolder/*/mydocuments/BackupPreFolder

I was wondering if that would be possible or if there is something I could use that would be the same functionally. All the saves are stored under the save folder /media/.etc../.etc../.etc../.etc../.etc./data/saves/*VariableFolders*/

There is no extra side files stored inside the "saves" folder except a file with the name of game (each game has its own folder for saves = *VariableFolders* above)
    Also for when restoring the folder files *.sav and *.bmp is there a way I can have it create the correct folder name so its not needed to make a new fresh dummy restore so the app makes the correct folder?
    Please let me know if there is a way around these problems , thx
    Please let me know if I worded anything poorly and needs more explanation...

Edit : Not Working see post #1132 for Working Script..
    Last edited by djgardn2; 09/26/2010 at 06:32 PM.