Page 55 of 93 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    now I c y scratch word processor is not on the supported list of apps ($4.00 app $8.00 bounty)coulda swore it was earlier on
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    is there a timeline on when restore function will be possible for messaging?
  3.    #1083  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    is there a timeline on when restore function will be possible for messaging?
    Not before webOS 2.0, and perhaps not even after.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    now I c y scratch word processor is not on the supported list of apps ($4.00 app $8.00 bounty)coulda swore it was earlier on
    just to be clear, are you offering an $8 bounty for Scratch?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Here are two more scripts Musix Remix 2.0 (mprbeta) and Musicwave Lite.
    I have tested the save restore script I made for Music Remix 2.0 I successfully restored wallpaper and flylist. I did test the mini player configuration by disabling preview and scrobbler and when I deleted and reinstalled it restored it back to that setting. Tested manual bookmarks, resume playback on start of app, rearrangement of home screen items. It resumed playback at the bookmark I set when app started. All bookmarks were back. The menu items on home screen were rearranged to my specifications. All aspects of app are restored successfully.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/06/2010 at 09:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Here are two more scripts Musix Remix 2.0 (mprbeta) and Musicwave Lite.
    Thanks a lot for working on the save/restore script for Music Player (Remix) 2.0.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

Twitter: @Hedami
  7.    #1087  
    Quote Originally Posted by moakes22 View Post
    After doing a partial reset, I cannot get save/restore to restore anything. I followed the instructions in the "Understanding the Homebrew Save/Restore App" and copied a good backup of the "saverestore" directory from my computer. It lists all the saved apps but when I try to restore Preware, I get the following messages:

I get the same messages when trying to restore any app. Any ideas?

Thanks, Mike
    I suspect you used an inferior package installer which does not honour package dependencies to install Save/Restore.

Always use Preware to install Save/Restore. Then the Zip and UnZip package dependencies will be automatically installed too.

You can install both of them using Preware now to resolve your predicament.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Wow, thanks for the quick reply. I installed save/restore using webos quick install but I guess that did not install the unzip package? I uninstalled/reinstalled using Preware and that did the trick.

Thanks, Mike
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I suspect you used an inferior package installer which does not honour package dependencies to install Save/Restore.

Always use Preware to install Save/Restore. Then the Zip and UnZip package dependencies will be automatically installed too.

You can install both of them using Preware now to resolve your predicament.

-- Rod
    This happened to me when I used WebOS QuickInstall to install Save/Restore which I did since to try to save a step since I had to install Preware anyway. Removing Save/Restore and then re-installing via Preware as Rod said definitely fixed it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Here are two more scripts Musix Remix 2.0 (mprbeta) and Musicwave Lite. All aspects of app are restored successfully.
    Can you create a script for "Fuzzies", Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further. ... If you haven't tried it is lemmings and completely free.

Thanks for listening
    Quote Originally Posted by freepre View Post
    Can you create a script for "Fuzzies", Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further. ... If you haven't tried it is lemmings and completely free.

Thanks for listening
    I had never heard of this before. I am downloading and will post it later.

Here you go Fuzzies
    Last edited by mamouton; 09/13/2010 at 09:32 PM.
    Save/Restore 1.0.9 should be in the testing feed shortly (can take some time before it shows up).

Update includes:
    - Applications: Music (Remix), Music Wave Lite, Fuzzies (all courtesy of mamouton)
    - Applications: Brain Challenge HD, TangramPuzzle Lite, TangramPuzzle (all courtesy of Audemars02, with a bounty paid for by the2ndflood)

This should represent all scripts posted in the forum to date. If I missed any, let me know

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals ... Please be sure to add the "-all" testing feed and the feed the relates to your device (pre/pixi/emulator)

NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    just to be clear, are you offering an $8 bounty for Scratch?
    who do i pay? thats what i been wondering
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    who do i pay? thats what i been wondering
    Whoever accepts the bounty and writes the script. Usually when somebody accepts a bounty, they will give you PayPal information.

I'll leave this one open for now, but if nobody gets one done before I'm free tonight (won't be until around 9 or 10pm central; I've got another commitment tonight), I'll do one then.
    Attached are four scripts for additional apps in the Sports Live! suite:
    - College Football Live!
    - UK Football Live!
    - International Soccer Live!
    - Women's Basketball Live!
    Sports Live!: info | download
    Market Pulse HD: info | download

Follow us on Twitter: @MoreSolApps / @SportsLiveApps / @MarketPulseApp / @MoreStocks
    Find us on Facebook
    I hereby accept the bounty posted by mksand28 for Scratch Word Processor. I'll get to work on it right away.
    Here's the script for Scratch Word Processor. I've tested it; it saves and restores documents and preferences successfully. Anyone else who has Scratch, by all means test it independently and let me know if there's any problems!

Edit: Almost forgot, Scratch uses Databases and Cookies both, so you may need to do a Luna Restart after restoring to make everything show up again.

mksand28, I'm PMing you with PayPal information for the bounty.
    can somebody with scratch test this? i have no idea how to do it. i spent most of my night search through this thread and couldnt really find the info i was looking for. I have the bounty ready jus want to make sure it works. id be willing to test it if someone could walk me through it
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    can somebody with scratch test this? i have no idea how to do it. i spent most of my night search through this thread and couldnt really find the info i was looking for. I have the bounty ready jus want to make sure it works. id be willing to test it if someone could walk me through it
    Download the file and unzip it. Take the file that was inside it and put it in /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore on your phone by either using WebOSQuickInstall's Send File feature or copying it to the phone's USB drive and then moving it to the right folder with Internalz. Using either WebOSQuickInstall's command line, or the Terminal application, run this command on your phone: chmod ugo+x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.noinsultsoftware.scratch

Once that's done, it will show up in the Save/Restore application and you should be ready to test.
    ok after several tests the script works perfectly. Bounty has been sent. thanks
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!