Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    Reply to Rwhitby,

Thanks for the Update, I will test out SmartRunner Later today and keep you posted on if it works.

Also, should I re-submit the Smartrunner or it's taken care of just a couple pages back in my prevous post?

Thanks again great work as always
    No need to resubmit...i have it and tested it out and it works. We will get that in the next iteration of the save/restore app
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Got myself into a bit of a twist, bust my pre. Luckily I was still able to access command line so created a script to save my Sparkle data.
    However as I have not changed my pre on insurance yet, I am not able to tell whether the restore is working fully. Save appears to work.
    I am posting the script if anyone has the game and wants to test it, otherwise I will test it when I get my new pre and report back.
    Adam, I will email you the script once I find out if the script works or not.

Pip
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3.    #1063  
    Save/Restore 1.0.5 has been released to the public feeds. Here are the changes since the last public release:

New Applications:
    Angry Birds (courtesy of Rod Whitby)
    wIRC (updated), AutoReplace Dictionary Backup, pReader, Photo Safe, YouTube (all courtesy of Audemars02)
    Fliq Tasks, Sorting Thoughts, bit.ly (all courtesy of djgardn2)
    SiDiary Exporter (courtesy of Taurec)
    My Pets (courtesy of rgisraelsen)
    Quit Smoking Tracker (courtesy of Chakat Silverstreak)
    NaNPlayer (courtesy of mamouton)
    TealSpeed, Brothers In Arms 2, YP Mobile (all courtesy of djgardn2)
    My DataBank Unlimited, Movie Diary (courtesy of pip smith)
    Wifi Profiles, YouView, Facebook, Facebook Beta, Cronk, Internalz, ZumoDrive, Switcharoo Free, Wallpaper Switcharoo, Brightness Unlinked, WiFi Media Sync, Quick Event, LaunchPoint Speed Dial (courtesy of Audemars02)
    Spades, DZ.Tanks, foursquare, Geocaching for webOS BETA, Speed Brain, Pandora, Card Ace, Card Ace: Blackjack, Word Ace, WHERE, Bible (Youversion), Solitaire Collection (minego), Solitaire Collection Beta (minego), LED torch, AccuRadio, Flixster, Convert, Unit Wizard, Slacker Radio, Trapster, Weather Channel, Units, MyQ for Netflix, Terminal (all courtesy of StoneRyno)

Added support for Preferences-type backups, including support for Mode Switcher (courtesy of Rod Whitby)

That's 275 applications supported now!

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Save/Restore 1.0.6 should be in the testing feed shortly (can take some time before it shows up).

Update includes:
    - Applications: TouchConnect+, Mobile Hotspot (both courtesy of Audemars02), SmartRunner (courtesy of djgardn2)
    - Also, I modified the scripts in the "contrib" directory so that you can prevent the "Misc OS Files" script from being overwritten with each update. You just need to copy the files you want to the saverestore scripts directory. I have added a "readme.txt" file in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.saverestore/contrib (link here) that explains the process and the files. Therefore, if you use the full "Misc OS Files" script (and not just for AutoReplace dictionary), you now need to copy the com.palm.app.deviceinfo script from the contrib directory above back to the main scripts directory. Let me know if you have any questions

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals ... Please be sure to add the "-all" testing feed and the feed the relates to your device (pre/pixi/emulator)

NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.

NOTE 3 to djgardn2: I missed those 4 scripts in post 1012 above. Will try to get them in shortly! sorry
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Reply to Audemars02

No Problem, take your time...Appreciate it
    Here is a working Script for "Cosmic Nitro" all in working order

Have a good one...
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Got myself into a bit of a twist, bust my pre. Luckily I was still able to access command line so created a script to save my Sparkle data.
    However as I have not changed my pre on insurance yet, I am not able to tell whether the restore is working fully. Save appears to work.
    I am posting the script if anyone has the game and wants to test it, otherwise I will test it when I get my new pre and report back.

Pip
    Just a quick update, have confirmed that the Sparkle scripts works. That was lucky, did not want to lose that data.
    Will email you the script adam.

Pip
    Just tested the file, so I am attaching the save restore script for Crusade of Destiny. Please test.
    Rod I updated the wiki with Audemars02's tutorial for creating a script. I had to keep coming here and searching for it so I thought to put it in a central location for everyone to find easily.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Hello,

please be so kindly and add the following script.

Regards, Klaus
    Raging Thunder (polarbits not the sequel RT2) is free in the app catalog. Not sure if this is a promo or will always be free. If promo now is a good time for anyone to grab it up and take a stab at doing scripts for PDK games. I downloaded it but would like to let others take the opportunity to get into script making if they haven't already and been wanting to take on a new PDK game not yet in save/restore.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Edit:

Nevermind, I think it does save now, I will take a look tonight and write one up if no one else does... Keep me posted
    Last edited by djgardn2; 08/30/2010 at 11:23 PM.
    hey rod and audemars02 I just wrote a script for Rednecks vs Aliens and I notice there are two files that are modified save.ini and options.ini . I realize the save is the most important but how would you write the script to save the options as well?

Please test and confirm it works! Thanks!

Updated with correct method per Rod's instructions.
    Last edited by mamouton; 08/31/2010 at 02:02 AM.
  14.    #1074  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    hey rod and audemars02 I just wrote a script for Rednecks vs Aliens and I notice there are two files that are modified save.ini and options.ini I realize the save is the most important but how would you write the script to save the options as well. This is one that save options. and this one only saves the options.ini no matter how I configure it I was able to save the game and if other would test it to confirm but just would like to know how to save two files that have been modified and there is no cookies or database. Thanks!
    FILES="save.ini options.ini"

-- Rod
    Here is the Script for Raging Thunder.. Works to restore all levels and profiles

The only thing I left out was a settings files that was in a different directory and I thought it wasn't needed... Let me know if I should add that, I just figured you can go into and change the few settings that there are(if needed)...

This Script is in working order....
    Last edited by djgardn2; 08/31/2010 at 10:38 AM.
    Here is the Script for Raging Thunder.. Works to restore all levels and profiles
    hey rod and audemars02 I just wrote a script for Rednecks vs Aliens
    Quote Originally Posted by kr_ke View Post
    please be so kindly and add the following script.
    Regards, Klaus
    Just tested the file, so I am attaching the save restore script for Crusade of Destiny. Please test.
    Here is a working Script for "Cosmic Nitro" all in working order
    created a script to save my Sparkle data. Pip
    Guys, just FYI that I have been a bit out of touch the last few days. should be able to grab all the new scripts and get them updated within the next day or so...

Like any of my work:

Pip
    Pip -- i noticed that one of the files you save is "game_progress_001.dat"... the fact that is has the _001 to me implies that may be other game_progress_XXX files...can you confirm if this is the only one? Also, any issues if I change the script to pull in game_progress_*.dat to be sure? let me know since I do not have this game

Adam

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Pip -- i noticed that one of the files you save is "game_progress_001.dat"... the fact that is has the _001 to me implies that may be other game_progress_XXX files...can you confirm if this is the only one? Also, any issues if I change the script to pull in game_progress_*.dat to be sure? let me know since I do not have this game

Adam
    No that appears to be the only file, but putting as *.dat shouldn't be a problem.
    I've just looked again and it might also be worth backing up the level_times.dat in the same folder.

Pip
    No that appears to be the only file, but putting as *.dat shouldn't be a problem.
    I've just looked again and it might also be worth backing up the level_times.dat in the same folder.

Pip
    will do...and of course i got this note about 2 minutes after I uploaded this script! :-) let me go update again

so here is the new line:
    Code:
    FILES="game_progress_*.dat settings.lua profiles.dat level_times.dat"

Like any of my work:
    Save/Restore 1.0.8 should be in the testing feed shortly (can take some time before it shows up).

Update includes:
    - Applications: EasyList, Cosmic Nitro, TechTray, GPS Trip Panel, Raging Thunder, What's for dinner? Lite (all courtesy of djgardn2)
    - Applications: Crusade Of Destiny, Rednecks Vs Aliens (both courtesy of mamouton)
    - Applications: TrackMyWork Full (courtesy of kr_ke), Sparkle (courtesy of pip smith)

This should represent all scripts posted in the forum to date. If I missed any, let me know

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals ... Please be sure to add the "-all" testing feed and the feed the relates to your device (pre/pixi/emulator)

NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.

Like any of my work: