Page 53 of 93 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Rod or Audemars I am trying to write a script for Crusade of Destiny and when I run info it has the exit 0 but when I run save or restore I get a 0IFS
    root@palm-webos-device: sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny info
    + basename /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny
    + APPID=com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny
    + APPNAME=Crusade Of Destiny
    + dirname /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny
    + source /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.info
    + [ -n com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny ]
    + [ -n Crusade Of Destiny ]
    + : /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny
    + : /media/internal/saverestore/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny
    + ZIP=/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/zip
    + UNZIP=/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/unzip
    + MOSTRECENT=
    + TIMESTAMP=
    + [ -d /media/internal/saverestore/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny ]
    + ls -1 /media/internal/saverestore/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny
    + egrep ^[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]T[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][+-][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].zip$
    + sort -n
    + tail -1
    + MOSTRECENT=20100822T221251-0500.zip
    + [ 20100822T221251-0500.zip != 20100822T221251-0500.zip ]
    + [ -n 20100822T221251-0500.zip ]
    + basename 20100822T221251-0500.zip .zip
    + TIMESTAMP=20100822T221251-0500
    + [ info == info ]
    { "id": "com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny", "title": "Crusade Of Destiny", + echo -n { "id": "com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny", "title": "Crusade Of Destiny",
    "saved": true, "timestamp": "20100822T221251-0500" }
    + [ -n ]
    + [ -n 20100822T221251-0500 ]
    + echo "saved": true, "timestamp": "20100822T221251-0500" }
    + exit 0
    root@palm-webos-device: sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny save
    + basename /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny
    + dirname /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny
    + MOSTRECENT=
    + TIMESTAMP=
    + egrep ^[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]T[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][+-][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].zip$
    + sort -n
    + tail -1
    + MOSTRECENT=20100822T221251-0500.zip
    + [ 20100822T221251-0500.zip != 20100822T221251-0500.zip ]
    + [ -n 20100822T221251-0500.zip ]
    + basename 20100822T221251-0500.zip .zip
    + TIMESTAMP=20100822T221251-0500
    + [ save == info ]
    + [ save == save ]
    + date +%Y%m%dT%H%M%S%z
    + TIMESTAMP=20100822T221649-0500
    + DSTDIR=/media/internal/saverestore/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny/20100822T221649-0500
    + 20100822T221649-0500
    echo 20100822T221649-0500
    + SRCDIR=/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny/Saves
    + FILES=save_cod.sts
    + source /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.files
    + [ -n /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny ]
    + [ -n /media/internal/saverestore/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny/20100822T221649-0500 ]
    + [ -n /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny/Saves ]
    + [ -n save_cod.sts ]
    + : false
    + :
    + [ -n ]
    + DSTPATH=/media/internal/saverestore/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny/20100822T221649-0500
    + [ -d /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny ]
    + OIFS=
    root@palm-webos-device: sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny restore
    20100822T221649-0500
    + MOSTRECENT=
    + TIMESTAMP=
    + sort -n
    + tail -1
    + MOSTRECENT=20100822T221649-0500.zip
    + [ 20100822T221251-0500.zip != 20100822T221649-0500.zip ]
    + rm -rf /media/internal/saverestore/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny/20100822T221251-0500.zip
    + [ 20100822T221649-0500.zip != 20100822T221649-0500.zip ]
    + [ -n 20100822T221649-0500.zip ]
    + basename 20100822T221649-0500.zip .zip
    + TIMESTAMP=20100822T221649-0500
    + [ restore == info ]
    + [ restore == save ]
    + [ restore == restore ]
    + [ -n 20100822T221649-0500 ]
    + DSTDIR=/media/internal/saverestore/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny/20100822T221649-0500
    + echo 20100822T221649-0500
    + SRCDIR=/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny/Saves
    + FILES=save_cod.sts
    + source /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.files
    + [ -n /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny ]
    + [ -n /media/internal/saverestore/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny/20100822T221649-0500 ]
    + [ -n /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny/Saves ]
    + [ -n save_cod.sts ]
    + : false
    + :
    + [ -n ]
    + DSTPATH=/media/internal/saverestore/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny/20100822T221649-0500
    + [ -d /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dvidearts.crusadeofdestiny ]
    + OIFS=
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mamouton; 08/22/2010 at 11:01 PM.
    Pie in the Sky Question - But is there away to add to this program an automatic backup - where it would Back up once a week at a time you set and maybe save your last 3 backups, or a user definable number instead of just over writing the back up each time.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrezpasor View Post
    Pie in the Sky Question - But is there away to add to this program an automatic backup - where it would Back up once a week at a time you set and maybe save your last 3 backups, or a user definable number instead of just over writing the back up each time.

Thanks!
    This has already been discussed in this thread. Take a read through what has already been discussed.

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Rod or Audemars I am trying to write a script for Crusade of Destiny and when I run info it has the exit 0 but when I run save or restore I get a 0IFS
    what version of Save/Restore do you have loaded?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  5.    #1045  
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I apologize if my haste for wanting a solution to the spaces thing has caused this to happen. I get overzealous when trying to help make things I really like to be the best they can be. I hope in that process I'm not annoying rod and the rest who are working on the project.
    Not at all. Please continue to be correctly-zealous

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrezpasor View Post

Thanks!
    As for making additional backups, one thing i can suggest is to go to look at the org.webosinternals.saverestore script that I have currently "hidden" in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.saverestore/contrib (but starting in version 1.0.4 in the testing feed). you can read out it in the readme.txt file in that directory (using Internalz) or you can read it here

That script will create a ZIP file of your entire save/restore directory with the current timestamp, and does not get deleted unless you delete it yourself. let me know if you have questions
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Rod or Audemars I am trying to write a script for Crusade of Destiny.
    I have a friend working on this script for me, but if your making the script, then I can send him a message that your making this instead. Should I email him?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    what version of Save/Restore do you have loaded?
    Greetings - sorry to bother with what may be an irritating question, but I just spent 30 minutes searching the forum unsuccessfully looking for the answer, and only able to find the question asked in other places without the answer. So, again, apologies in advance.

Is anyone developing support for restore of Memos and Messaging in Save/Restore at this time? If so, is there an ETA? If not, is anyone planning to start some work on it anytime in the reasonably near future?

I am extremely grateful for the Save/Restore app and that would really top it off as complete for me, and eliminate a great frustration.
    Thanks!
    Patrick
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I have a friend working on this script for me, but if your making the script, then I can send him a message that your making this instead. Should I email him?
    Still working on it will post it here when done.
  11.    #1051  
    Quote Originally Posted by pbgiv View Post
    Greetings - sorry to bother with what may be an irritating question, but I just spent 30 minutes searching the forum unsuccessfully looking for the answer, and only able to find the question asked in other places without the answer. So, again, apologies in advance.

Is anyone developing support for restore of Memos and Messaging in Save/Restore at this time? If so, is there an ETA? If not, is anyone planning to start some work on it anytime in the reasonably near future?

I am extremely grateful for the Save/Restore app and that would really top it off as complete for me, and eliminate a great frustration.
    Thanks!
    Patrick
    The situation has not changed from as described in post #13 on page 1 of this thread or post #35 on page 2 of this thread. 30 minutes is a long time to be searching and not read those first two pages of posts ...

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.

Thanks!
    Patrick
    You can always put up a bounty for a developer to make the script for you. Even though those two features are free, you can still figure out how much money the bounty would be.

Still working on it will post it here when done.

Okay, I will email Adam and let him know your working on the script for the Crusade game. I didn't know anyone else was working on a script for that game. So there is no need to make 2 scripts for the same game.

14.    #1054  
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    You can always put up a bounty for a developer to make the script for you. Even though those two features are free, you can still figure out how much money the bounty would be.
    The point is that trying to restore stuff into the Synergy database is prohibitively complex to the point where I have not seen any way to do it safely.

So unfortunately a bounty is unlikely to change that.

-- Rod
    rod can you provide any feedback on why I am getting error a few posts up. I am trying to write a Crusade of destiny script
  16.    #1056  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Ok.. i THINK i know whats happening.
    • It looks like there are 2 databases that this app uses (see screenshot below): smartrunner & ext:Smartrunner
    • The "ext:" means that that database is held on media\internal\.app-storage instead of /var/palm/data
    • So, from a database view, the only difference between the two names is that one has an "s" (lowercase) and that other has an "S" (CAPS).
    • I wonder if the seemingly duplicate names are causing problems.

Rod -- I have attached 2 screenshots from Terminal that shows exactly what is happening when you run the script from the command line. Any thoughts?
    root@palm-webos-device:/tmp# /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/unzip -l /media/internal/saverestore/com.smartrunner.app/20100825T144013+0930.zip
    Archive: /media/internal/saverestore/com.smartrunner.app/20100825T144013+0930.zip
    Length Date Time Name
    --------- ---------- ----- ----
    13312 08-25-2010 14:40 smartrunner
    12288 08-25-2010 14:40 Smartrunner
    0 08-25-2010 14:40 cookies.sql
    --------- -------
    25600 3 files
    root@palm-webos-device:/tmp# /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/unzip -q /media/internal/saverestore/com.smartrunner.app/20100825T144013+0930.zip smartrunner
    root@palm-webos-device:/tmp# /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/unzip -q /media/internal/saverestore/com.smartrunner.app/20100825T144013+0930.zip Smartrunner
    replace Smartrunner? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename:
    Seems that unzip will complain about overwriting a file with a similar (case insensitively speaking) name.

Now to work out how to make it not do that ...

-- Rod
  17.    #1057  
    rod can you provide any feedback on why I am getting error a few posts up. I am trying to write a Crusade of destiny script
    I suggest you start with a new copy of the srf.app.files script. It should not have IFS or OIFS in it.

-- Rod
    Palm profile backs up and restores memos. I discovered this quite recently when my device was wiped due to the logged out of profile issue that has supposedly been fixed several times now. I also had to doctor my pre to recover from the issue as I was in an infinite loop for the dialog you get from the issue. Anyways, the only way I can see messaging backup and restore is if palm adds the support to profile backup. Or a developer with intimate knowledge of the structure design for the database designs a restore method for save/restore. At least we can still reference the messages in the html file created in the backup.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  19.    #1059  
    Save/Restore 1.0.5 in the testing feed now safeguards your Angry Birds game data.

It should fix the SmartRunner script problem too.

-- Rod
    Reply to Rwhitby,

Thanks for the Update, I will test out SmartRunner Later today and keep you posted on if it works.

Also, should I re-submit the Smartrunner or it's taken care of just a couple pages back in my prevous post?

Thanks again great work as always