Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Sounds like a good solution. A short one line added to a script that has file names with spaces. I'll test that out with the VBA script. The only other solution I could think of would have been to make the scripts that specify file name comma delineated instead of space delineated but that is much more work than adding this line to new scripts that will be backing up and restoring names with spaces.

EDIT: Tested by copying open source information.pdf to the VBA save directory and get error bi not found. Not sure why since there is only this one file in there and bi is not even a sub string of the file name.
    and you updated to 1.0.4? can you send me the script you used to test it on my end?

Also, I am sure Rod will have a better thought on how to handle this. I just wanted to get a quick solution out so Save/Restore would work in the meantime
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    thank you for photosafe!
  3.    #1023  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    - Fixed issue where multiple files were beings saved (this was caused by the update to allow spaces in filenames). Until Rod can look over my work and suggest a better solution, any script that will be used for filenames with spaces needs to add the following line right before you call "source `dirname $0`/srf.app.files"
    Code:
    NEWIFS=$'/n'
    Can we slow down a bit on this please?

We do *NOT* want extra code in the scripts to work around this problem. It can and should be fixed within the single srf.app.files script.

Please do not write any scripts with the above code.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Can we slow down a bit on this please?

We do *NOT* want extra code in the scripts to work around this problem. It can and should be fixed within the single srf.app.files script.

Please do not write any scripts with the above code.

-- Rod
    Right..like I said, I just wanted to put something out there that would fix the issue until you woke up and we can discuss it. I totally agree with you on this one but didn't know what else to do!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  5.    #1025  
    Right..like I said, I just wanted to put something out there that would fix the issue until you woke up and we can discuss it. I totally agree with you on this one but didn't know what else to do!
    The way to handle this is to revert srf.app.files script to the public version, and disable any scripts that need filename with space support until fully tested support for it can be added to the srf.app.files script.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Let me know if I can be of any assistance in the process of getting the spaces thing worked out. I'd rather focus on the long term benefit than the work around. I was trying to fill a request for VBA since it had to move the save game location from the USB part to it's app directory. I have 1.0.4 installed so I can test anything we need to test. I've not been able to watch that git on windows video due to problems on the site not wanting to playback the video or allow any connections to download. I'm going to try again later so that I can get up and running.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Has anyone else noticed that a bunch of apps are no longer suported, after the 1.4.5 WebOS update? I just keep getting a Not Found error message when I backup or restore the status to the supported apps. Is this a problem that is already known?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Reply to the2ndflood

All the ones I have tried still work but what apps are you having trouble with?

I'm sure someone will check it out, I will try to look also in the afternoon.
    [QUOTE=djgardn2;2617092]Reply to the2ndflood

I am having problems saving a bunch of apps, including 6 that I personally paid the bounty on. So those are double annoying that I can't get them to work.

Here Is The List:

Blades Of Fury
    Launcher
    Messaging
    My Medical
    Notes
    Preware
    Sandstorm
    Giant Fighting Robots
    SprintTV
    Timepiece
    Travelguide Lite
    Weather Window
    Web
    Real Tennis
    Gangstar
    Assassin's Creed

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post

I am having problems saving a bunch of apps, including 6 that I personally paid the bounty on. So those are double annoying that I can't get them to work.

Here Is The List:

Blades Of Fury
    Launcher
    Messaging
    My Medical
    Notes
    Preware
    Sandstorm
    Giant Fighting Robots
    SprintTV
    Timepiece
    Travelguide Lite
    Weather Window
    Web
    Real Tennis
    Gangstar
    Assassin's Creed
    I can tell you that on my o2 UK Pre 1.4.5 web, timpiece, launcher back up perfectly. It might possibly be a problem on your device.
    How many apps are you backing up?
    Have you run each of those scripts individually? To see if it is just one script not running?
    Also what save/restore version you are running?

Pip
    Last edited by pip smith; 08/20/2010 at 03:21 AM.
    [QUOTE=the2ndflood;2617106]
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    Reply to the2ndflood

I just checked a bunch of them and they all work just fine. can you please tell us what version of save/restore you are using. Also, not sure if this matters or not, but did you run the Emergency Fstab Fixer after upgrading to 1.4.5?

Like any of my work:
    [QUOTE=Audemars02;2617210]

I just checked a bunch of them and they all work just fine. can you please tell us what version of save/restore you are using. Also, not sure if this matters or not, but did you run the Emergency Fstab Fixer after upgrading to 1.4.5?

I finally got it to work. I had to do a clean install of the app and now it is working just fine. I had forgotten to do a Uninstall & Reinstall of the Save/Restore app after I updated to WebOS version 1.4.5. So I'm mega happy that the app is working again. What's the point in playing games, if I will end up losing my place if something happens to my phone? I think I am going to make another donation, because this is an app that I couldn't live without.

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it.

And no I didn't run the fstab patch. I had updated to version 1.4.5 though the WebOS Doctor and I read somewhere that you don't have to install that patch if you updated it though the WebOS Doctor software. Why, should I install it?

Here Is The List:
    Launcher
    Messaging
    Notes (I assume inglorious apps)
    Preware
    SprintTV
    Web
    Assassin's Creed

I have all of these and they backup fine. If you have the latest (1.0.4 at time of this post) and you still are having problems I would uninstall it and delete the /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore directory to make sure you get a clean copy of all the scripts. I apologize if my haste for wanting a solution to the spaces thing has caused this to happen. I get overzealous when trying to help make things I really like to be the best they can be. I hope in that process I'm not annoying rod and the rest who are working on the project.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by geovass View Post
    Hi all,

I would like to test this app but i cant find it!
    I have use preware with ll feeds below...

Target Device: ALL
    Name: webos-testing-all
    URL: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/all/

Target Device: Pre/Pre+
    Name: webos-testing-armv7
    URL: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv7/

Target Device: Pixi/Pixi+
    Name: webos-testing-armv6
    URL: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/armv6/

Target Device: Palm SDK Emulator
    Name: webos-testing-i686
    URL: Index of /feeds/webos-internals/testing/i686/

I am using a Pre Plus.
    Any help is appreciated...

many thanks!
    any help is very much appreciated...
  15.    #1035  
    any help is very much appreciated...
    You should swipe to delete all those feeds, then uninstall and reinstall Preware and stick to the public feeds, as it is clear that you are unable to follow the instructions at Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should swipe to delete all those feeds, then uninstall and reinstall Preware and stick to the public feeds, as it is clear that you are unable to follow the instructions at Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

-- Rod
    i've used the testing feeds before. I have many apps installed. I dont know what happened this time.
    I have uninstall/reinstall Preware and now its fine.
    Thanks and thank you for your prompt answer.
  17.    #1037  
    i've used the testing feeds before. I have many apps installed. I dont know what happened this time.
    I have uninstall/reinstall Preware and now its fine.
    Thanks and thank you for your prompt answer.
    You certainly should not have had all of those testing feeds (some of which are mutually exclusive according to device type) enabled at the same time.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    hello can anyone tell me how to fix this:

i just doctored my sprint pre 1.4.5 and installed preware and save/restore from WOSQI and preware didnt back up
    i checked and the save/restore folder is where is supposed to b: /media/internal
    any ideas whats happening?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by antaeuz; 08/21/2010 at 10:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by antaeuz View Post
    hello can anyone tell me how to fix this:

i just doctored my sprint pre 1.4.5 and installed preware and save/restore from WOSQI and preware didnt back up
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do a search before asking these questions...but to answer it, you need to use Preware to install Save/Restore, as webOS Quick Install does not support dependencies, as ZIP and UNZIP are dependencies on Save/Restore. please follow the directions at www.precentral.net/saverestore which clearly states that you need to install Save/Restore with Preware!

good luck!
    Adam
    Last edited by Audemars02; 08/23/2010 at 07:45 PM.

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do a search before asking these questions...but to answer it, you need to use Preware to install Save/Restore, as webOS Quick Install does not support dependencies, as ZIP and UNZIP are dependencies on Save/Restore. please follow the directions at www.precentral.net/saverestore which clearly states that you need to install Save/Restore with Preware!

good luck!
    Adam

ooops! sorry i'm at work so i thought just a quick post would solve my problem but thanx Adam...not just for the save/restore app but for instructing and educating! i will search before asking!