Page 50 of 93 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
    OK, what am I missing? I downloaded and installed this when I found out the MP3 Ringtone App was going away. I heard there was an update, but now I cannot find it anywhere. I searched in Preware and didn't see it. Where is the file located now?
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    OK, what am I missing? I downloaded and installed this when I found out the MP3 Ringtone App was going away. I heard there was an update, but now I cannot find it anywhere. I searched in Preware and didn't see it. Where is the file located now?
    Not sure i understand the question... The Save/Restore app does not the apps themselves, just the data the is saved and the preferences on those apps. So, if you delete an app from your machine, you still need to reinstall it via the App Catalog or Preware or an .ipk file to get the full app back. Save/Restore won't do that. Now, if you are looking to install the Free Music Ringtones app, check out this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...al-thread.html ...the developer pulled it from the App Catalog, but is still keeping it alive in the forums
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    No, what I was saying was that I had heard that the Save/Restore app itself had been updated with support for more apps. But my Save/Restore version is 1.0, and I cannot find the updated app to install. I searched Preware and Save/Restore does not come up. In my apps list when I click on Save/Restore it says it is not a valid webOS application (since it is homebrew). I am just looking for the updated Save/Restore app.

Sorry, looking at my post now I can see how confusing it was.
    No, what I was saying was that I had heard that the Save/Restore app itself had been updated with support for more apps. But my Save/Restore version is 1.0, and I cannot find the updated app to install. I searched Preware and Save/Restore does not come up. In my apps list when I click on Save/Restore it says it is not a valid webOS application (since it is homebrew). I am just looking for the updated Save/Restore app.

Sorry, looking at my post now I can see how confusing it was.
    Do you have the Testing Feeds enabled in Preware? Please go back to my announcement post at http://forums.precentral.net/2609784-post942.html to get directions on how to access the testing feeds
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Well I followed the instructions at your post and the subsequent link to a 'T', adding webos-testing-all feed, but Save/Restore is STILL not listed. Where the heck is this thing hiding?! ;-)
    Well I followed the instructions at your post and the subsequent link to a 'T', adding webos-testing-all feed, but Save/Restore is STILL not listed. Where the heck is this thing hiding?! ;-)
    You need to add both the "-all" feed and the feed for the pre/pixi/emulator (whichever one you are installing).

Like any of my work:
    OH! Ok cool. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I doctored my phone after the update because I was having trouble with one of the notification patches. Gets easier each time!

Save Restore makes it all so easy.

The one thing that I could not get back was the NAME of each of my pages. I am using the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher and had properly saved launcher information with Save Restore.

Save Restore put all the icons back where they belong for the most part and also brought back all my saved pages to launcher (web pages). But it did not put the page names back.

Is it supposed to put the names back? Did I miss a key step for doing so?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I doctored my phone after the update because I was having trouble with one of the notification patches. Gets easier each time!

Save Restore makes it all so easy.

The one thing that I could not get back was the NAME of each of my pages. I am using the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher and had properly saved launcher information with Save Restore.

Save Restore put all the icons back where they belong for the most part and also brought back all my saved pages to launcher (web pages). But it did not put the page names back.

Is it supposed to put the names back? Did I miss a key step for doing so?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
    Right now, the Launcher script does not save the information for the "Advanced Configuration for App Launcher" patch. Currently, there is no method for the save/restore app to determine which patches are installed or not. HOWEVER, there is a little Easter Egg in v1.0.1 that I mentioned in my announcement post that will actually allow you to save and restore your data from this patch. To use this, however, you need to have Terminal installed on your device.

To Save data for this patch, you need to type in the following from Terminal:
    Code:
    sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher save
    Unfortunately, there is no good way to copy/paste into Terminal that I am aware of, so you need to type that in manually. However, once you save it, then you can actually use the Save/restore app to RESTORE the data. I know that Rod is looking at how to get this to be part of the actual UI and not need Terminal, but for now, this is how you can at least save this info!

Adam

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    yes I would be willing to pay the 3 bucks to have it included in save/restore! (photo safe that is)
    well if save/restore didn't save my pics,then it was the pre's built-in backup! Cause after doctoring my phone,they were all there,same for my music!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pup16001 View Post
    yes I would be willing to pay the 3 bucks to have it included in save/restore! (photo safe that is)
    well if save/restore didn't save my pics,then it was the pre's built-in backup! Cause after doctoring my phone,they were all there,same for my music!
    I recently doctored my phone, too... I can't remember when, but the Doctor was changed to not touch the USB drive, so that is why nothing was deleted. Had you swapped phones, you would have lost all that

As for Photo Safe, I can try to write a script last tonight after work..however, if anyone wants to take a shot at the bounty first, go for it (just please post when you are going to start working on it so multiple people--such as myself--don't buy it)

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Right now, the Launcher script does not save the information for the "Advanced Configuration for App Launcher" patch. Currently, there is no method for the save/restore app to determine which patches are installed or not. HOWEVER, there is a little Easter Egg in v1.0.1 ...

Adam
    Adam,

Thank you for the time you put into clearly and accurately answering my post. The method worked perfectly, of course, and the backup is there in the event I have a failure. This was a lot easier than re-naming the pages.

Thanks!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I hope I did this right. Please include my free App too.

BTW awesome APP!!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    I hope I did this right. Please include my free App too.

BTW awesome APP!!!!!
    Thanks..will take a look...a few questions:
    1) When you say "Please include my free App too.", what is that app? Is it the same script, just a different App ID? If so, what is that app ID?
    2) You first line that says
    APPID=`com.larshendrichs.sidiary $0`
    should be replaced with
    APPID=`basename $0`

Otherwise, looks good.

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    Reply to Prince_Basil

Here is the Script , Hopefully in the future it will be put in officially.

Works from what I tried. Make sure you restart your phone after Restoring or else it may not show up.

Works perfect to restore it. Take care
    djgardn2 -

2 quick comments on your scripts:
    1) I have noticed that you often have "exit 0" listed twice at the end of the scripts. Please only include it once
    2) If you can, can you please follow the same look and feel of the other scripts, where you have extra line spaces after most lines..it just keeps the scripts a little more readable. Here is the listing of existing scripts for you to get some examples on.

Otherwise, thanks for all your work!

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pup16001 View Post
    I am purchasing Photo Safe now to write a script..should have something shortly (hopefully)

EDIT: Have the script done, just doing some testing on it!
    Last edited by Audemars02; 08/18/2010 at 09:12 AM.

Like any of my work:
    Attached are 4 more scripts, for the following:

• pReader
    • YouTube
    • Photo Safe (requested by Pup16001 for $3 bounty)
    • wIRC (updated to fix current script)

I have tested these and will try to get them into the app within the next 24 hours. In the meantime, please test these scripts yourselves by doing one of the following:

1) Put your phone in Developer Mode and using webOS Quick Install, send each individual script within the ZIP using the "send file" feature to /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/
    2) Unzip the files and copy them to your USB drive. Then, using Internalz, copy each script onto "/var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/". Then, find each script, tap it, select "Info", press the "Linux Permissions" button, and make sure that all three of the "X" permissions are set to "+X" with a blue switch.

Then, just load up the save/restore app and try to save and then restore. Note that you may need to do a Luna Restart to ensure the restore works

Let me know if you have any questions
    Attached Files Attached Files

Like any of my work:
    Reply To Audemars02

Will do, sorry for the sloppyness, I will follow guideline more precise.

For the exit 0 , I guess I am still a little confused with the hard return, that you mentioned to me a while back.

Feel Free to PM me to clear that part up, Appreciate it.

I will go over my last three scripts I posted on the forum about three pages back and correct them and also take out the extra Exit 0

I will correct (YPmobile, Fliq Tasks, Sorting Thoughts)

Glad to Help, Have a good one...
    Last edited by djgardn2; 08/18/2010 at 01:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    Reply To Audemars02

Will do, sorry for the sloppyness, I will follow guideline more precise.

For the exit 0 , I guess I am still a little confused with the hard return, that you mentioned to me a while back.

Feel Free to PM me to clear that part up, Apperciate it.

I will go over my last three scripts I posted on the forum about three pages back and correct them and also take out the extra Exit 0

I will correct (YPmobile, Fliq Tasks, Sorting Thoughts)

Glad to Help, Have a good one...
    No reason to go back and fix those other scripts...i have done that already.

as for the hard return, i just mean that when you go to the line that says "exit 0", press "enter" on the keyboard on extra time. thats it!

Like any of my work:
    okay, got it.

Appreciate it, I will most likely add one or two apps in a few hours when I get a chance anyways and will send you a PM to notify when they are posted.
    Thx for fixing them..

Hopefully they will be up to par this time