Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    Another request for this. I also use SecuStore, and this would be a MUCH better alternative to the options SecuStore currently offers.
    Save/Restore 0.6.5 now supports SecuStore and NewsRoom.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    another app i use, classtracker might be a good candidate for this as well but it seems to me that the author has stopped development on the app seeing as there hasnt been any kind of update in months
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    ShopList by Timo Wendt, available via HomeBrew.

I use it all the time as an 'aide memoire' for one to one meetings

It would useful to be able to back it up, as it records that I've asked someone to do something
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Save/Restore 0.6.5 now supports SecuStore and NewsRoom.

-- Rod
    I said it over there, and I'll say it here too: I would have your man-babies. Seriously.

You mentioned over in the Preware Alpha thread that Fliq Notes support is coming as well?
    Would love support for Shopping List, by Adaptive Code. For the bounty, do I just donate through the paypal link in the first post? And what price, US or Canadian? (I'm in Canada). Thanks
    I see the "Saved Package List" is now in Preware; if we were only using Preware Alpha to enable restore, could we delete Alpha and run between Preware and Save/Restore?
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  7.    #87  
    Quote Originally Posted by dscott23 View Post
    Would love support for Shopping List, by Adaptive Code. For the bounty, do I just donate through the paypal link in the first post? And what price, US or Canadian? (I'm in Canada). Thanks
    To do a bounty, you should post your intended amount in this thread, and then wait for a developer to claim it. I hope that more developers will start contributing saverestore scripts and claiming the bounties.

Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    I see the "Saved Package List" is now in Preware; if we were only using Preware Alpha to enable restore, could we delete Alpha and run between Preware and Save/Restore?
    Your choice. For the Preware side of things, it's exactly the same code. The only difference is in the package manager service (whether it's a separate Java service, or a bundled C service).

To be seeing the Saved Package List in Preware, you must have the testing feed loaded, so you might as well stick with Preware Alpha since you're already using the testing feed so you'll see any updates there.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    This is a request for support for Shopping List (Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.)

Offering $4, as the app is $1.99
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    I'd like to see Let's Golf (from Gameloft, available in App Catalog) supported in Save/Restore. Price is $5.99, I'm offering a bounty of $12.
    I've noticed a few things while using Save/Restore v0.9.65. After I updated to the latest version earlier today (or maybe yesterday, i don't remember), I launched S/R and it began to read the archive of saved data, but hung. It displayed the main screen, but had the three options grayed out. This seems to happen after a Luna restart. Closing the app and opening it again seems to remedy the issue.

saverestore_2010-06-04_195205.pngsaverestore_2010-06-04_195221.png

The other thing I noticed I noticed was that S/R does not seem to retain the color theme selected after the app closes or after a restart. I have S/R set to the "Palm Dark" theme, because it looks slick. If I go into the Preference screen, it still shows "Palm Dark" as selected, but is rendering the "Palm Default" theme. After toggling back and forth, it renders the theme properly while the app is still open.

saverestore_2010-06-04_194742.pngsaverestore_2010-06-04_194812.png

Other pertinent info: Preware v.0.9.35, Preware Alpha v0.9.58, PMS v0.9.45, Save/Restore v0.6.5, Sprint Pre v1.4.1.1
  11.    #91  
    Quote Originally Posted by coveredwagonkid View Post
    I've noticed a few things while using Save/Restore v0.9.65. After I updated to the latest version earlier today (or maybe yesterday, i don't remember), I launched S/R and it began to read the archive of saved data, but hung. It displayed the main screen, but had the three options grayed out. This seems to happen after a Luna restart. Closing the app and opening it again seems to remedy the issue.

saverestore_2010-06-04_195205.pngsaverestore_2010-06-04_195221.png

The other thing I noticed I noticed was that S/R does not seem to retain the color theme selected after the app closes or after a restart. I have S/R set to the "Palm Dark" theme, because it looks slick. If I go into the Preference screen, it still shows "Palm Dark" as selected, but is rendering the "Palm Default" theme. After toggling back and forth, it renders the theme properly while the app is still open.

saverestore_2010-06-04_194742.pngsaverestore_2010-06-04_194812.png

Other pertinent info: Preware v.0.9.35, Preware Alpha v0.9.58, PMS v0.9.45, Save/Restore v0.6.5, Sprint Pre v1.4.1.1
    *THIS* is an example of a good problem report. Lots of factual information, screenshots, history of what happened.

Problem reports like this go to the front of the queue for diagnosis.

-- Rod
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    another app i use, classtracker might be a good candidate for this as well but it seems to me that the author has stopped development on the app seeing as there hasnt been any kind of update in months
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    ShopList by Timo Wendt, available via HomeBrew.

I use it all the time as an 'aide memoire' for one to one meetings

It would useful to be able to back it up, as it records that I've asked someone to do something
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozmodiar View Post
    I said it over there, and I'll say it here too: I would have your man-babies. Seriously.

You mentioned over in the Preware Alpha thread that Fliq Notes support is coming as well?
    This is a request for support for Shopping List (Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.)

Offering $4, as the app is $1.99
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    I'd like to see Let's Golf (from Gameloft, available in App Catalog) supported in Save/Restore. Price is $5.99, I'm offering a bounty of $12.
    Save/Restore 0.6.6 now supports NFL 2010, Real Soccer 2010, Sandstorm, Let's Golf, Shopping List, ShopList, ClassTracker, and Fliq Notes.

We'll probably need to factor taxes into bounties too ... (in Australia the sales tax must be part of the displayed price, never added on later).

-- Rod
    ok its me again this time i went thru my pre and decided to make a list of all the apps i have to see if any of them might fit the criteria for save/restore so i dont have to keep coming back and posting lol so far i got: Mail Lists, Geostrings(possibly), and shopping manager. Thats it
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Save/Restore 0.6.6 now supports NFL 2010, Real Soccer 2010, Sandstorm, Let's Golf, Shopping List, ShopList, ClassTracker, and Fliq Notes.

We'll probably need to factor taxes into bounties too ... (in Australia the sales tax must be part of the displayed price, never added on later).

-- Rod
    Rod,

Thanks for adding Let's Golf support to Save/Restore. I don't know if you or another developer claimed the bounty, so I've sent the $12 via your Donate button.

Many thanks to you and your colleagues for all you do for Pre/Pixi users.
    thanks for the Shopping List support. I'm also curious where to send the bounty, do I just use the donate button?
  16.    #96  
    thanks for the Shopping List support. I'm also curious where to send the bounty, do I just use the donate button?
    That's correct. Did you test it to make sure it's all working correctly?

-- Rod
    That's correct. Did you test it to make sure it's all working correctly?

-- Rod
    Yes, I did a backup, deleted and reinstalled Shopping List (no lists there after reinstall). Did a restore, and everything is back. Awesome work I'll be donating shortly.

edit: Bounty sent
    Last edited by dscott23; 04/07/2010 at 10:04 AM.
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by spopyu View Post
    is there a way to backup the save/restore file to my desktop? In case of replacing my pre....I guess I'm asking where the location of the file is so I can copy it from the usb drive.
    Please read the first post in this thread and the documentation wiki page.

-- Rod
    tried to use save restore from a previous phone and it is not able to restore the Preware saved package list.. it simply says "not restored" is there a way I can do this manually?

Otherwise I might have to use WebOS QI to restore my patches - and we don;t want that, do we? ;-)
  20.    #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by BAbnkr View Post
    tried to use save restore from a previous phone and it is not able to restore the Preware saved package list.. it simply says "not restored" is there a way I can do this manually?
    Make sure you run Preware once before running Save/Restore.

Otherwise, you'll need to get a linux command line on the Pre to debug.

-- Rod