Page 48 of 93 FirstFirst ... 38434445464748495051525358 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Thanks for all the hard work! I believe the only app left that I would like included is 1-Touch-Dial, if possible.
    I solved my previous error in my attempt at a script for VisualBoy Advance I mixed the order up of two lines so now I have this:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="VisualBoy Advance"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.files

SRCDIR="$APPDIR/sav"
    FILES="*"

exit 0
    But get a new error: FILES not defined. I'm guessing that I'm not getting something right using other scripts as a pattern. Any ideas? The goal is to save/restore everything in the sav folder which is all the user data for any of the games they play.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I solved my previous error in my attempt at a script for VisualBoy Advance I mixed the order up of two lines so now I have this:

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`

SRCDIR="$APPDIR/sav"
    FILES="*"

exit 0
    But get a new error: FILES not defined. I'm guessing that I'm not getting something right using other scripts as a pattern. Any ideas? The goal is to save/restore everything in the sav folder which is all the user data for any of the games they play.
    Don't PDK apps work in a "jail"?

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`

SRCDIR="$APPDIR/sav"
    FILES="*"

exit 0
    You need to have the srf.app.files line AFTER the SRCDIR and FILES line. I dont have Visual Boy installed yet, but I can install it tomorrow. if you want to send me a few ROMs to use to test it out, please send to adam.marks@precentral.net ...

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Reply for StoneRyno

My guess is that it is unable to save Files including "Spaces" in between the file names that is saves, but maybe someone else might want to chime in about how to handle that situation?

Example file that we would want to save(exactly how spelled including spaces but no Quotes): "Mario Kart - Super Circuit (E).sav" or "Metroid Fusion (UA).sav"

The Zip I attached is (Not Working), It will save Correctly but will not Show up in the Restore Apps Section for some reason (My guess is the problem reading the spaces in between in the file name).

Hope This gives you a guide to play with and test.

Let me know how it turns out...Good Luck
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Have you tried setting the permissions of the file to 0755?
    I don't know how exactly to verify if it's in 0755 or not but would like to know,

When I'm looking at it off the phone most currently look like the following permissions:

User group other

(+)blue (+)blue (+)blue

(+)blue (-) grey (-)grey

(+)blue (+)blue (+)blue

what order is needed to change it to 0755 ? Thx
    Here is Two Zip Files for "Fliq Tasks" and "Sorting Thoughts".

Both are work and are good to go.
    Could someone add the bit.ly app. I keep having to put my api key in whenever I have to doctor my phone. Thanks!
    Reply to Prince_Basil

Here is the Script , Hopefully in the future it will be put in officially.

Works from what I tried. Make sure you restart your phone after Restoring or else it may not show up.

Works perfect to restore it. Take care
    Last edited by djgardn2; 08/16/2010 at 03:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    I don't know how exactly to verify if it's in 0755 or not but would like to know,
    what order is needed to change it to 0755 ? Thx
    That's the order you're looking for (BTW, there's an app for that! Called chmod ) but I'm not sure it's the same as the source file. You can check on the phone with 'ls -l' or 'ls -l [path/to/file]'.

The first column in a row should be -rwxr-xr-x (directories have d instead of the dash at the beginning) for chmod of 755 - the first three letters show permission settings for user, second ones for group and last ones for other.
    Want to get the best Android Apps on your webOS device? Tell HP we need OpenMobile ACL!
    Sign the petition today at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/a...apps-on-webos/
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    You need to have the srf.app.files line AFTER the SRCDIR and FILES line. I dont have Visual Boy installed yet, but I can install it tomorrow. if you want to send me a few ROMs to use to test it out, please send to adam.marks@precentral.net ...

Adam
    You can put any files in the directory doesn't have to be actual saved game progress as the script needs to be able to copy the whole directory's contents. djgardn2 names specific files in an attempt but it won't be feasible to do so. But other scripts save whole directories so I don't get why this one isn't working. When I had the line after as per my previous post quoted below this I got another error. I could have sworn the script I looked at had it above which is why I changed it. How do I resolve the error in the below which was my original attempt?

I was going back through last few pages and realized a couple of those Audermars02 already covered in post #827. I'm trying to make a script for visualboy advance here is what I got:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`

SRCDIR="$APPDIR/sav"
    FILES="*"

exit 0
    the output to the list item in save restore shows the proper path. The end of the statement is: org.webos-internals.visualboyadvance/sav/Open not found

any ideas where I went wrong? I tossed two png files and a pdf in there to test it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Have you tried setting the permissions of the file to 0755?
    According to internalz all 6 permissions are turned on. And all the other scripts I made the same way and they all work except for this one for VBA.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  13.    #953  
    You can put any files in the directory doesn't have to be actual saved game progress as the script needs to be able to copy the whole directory's contents. djgardn2 names specific files in an attempt but it won't be feasible to do so. But other scripts save whole directories so I don't get why this one isn't working. When I had the line after as per my previous post quoted below this I got another error. I could have sworn the script I looked at had it above which is why I changed it. How do I resolve the error in the below which was my original attempt?

According to internalz all 6 permissions are turned on. And all the other scripts I made the same way and they all work except for this one for VBA.
    What is the actual list of files currently in your sav directory?

-- Rod
    Any word on when the update will be pushed to Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Any word on when the update will be pushed to Preware?
    I forgot a step in the process... fixing now. hopefully get it out tonight! :-)
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Oh ok I was just wondering I had been checking preware and haven't seen any updates in the last couple of days so I thought something was amiss. You know you have to be prepared for anything when alpha testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Oh ok I was just wondering I had been checking preware and haven't seen any updates in the last couple of days so I thought something was amiss. You know you have to be prepared for anything when alpha testing.
    Check the feeds..should be there now!

Like any of my work:
    I still don't see it (the update) ...
    Yep got it! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    I still don't see it (the update) ...
    Have you updated your feeds?
    Yeah, I have numerous times? Just checked again, possibly I switched something off? I will check , good to hear though it's out

Edit: checked all feeds on, don't know why I can't see it. I am going to restart just for fun?