Page 45 of 93 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Good call. I was so tired by the time I posted I wasn't thinking clearly. Not sure how long it will take me to identify the zips of the ones I'm not sure what apps they belong to. Some of them the cookies.sql I can view the contents to figure them out but a number of them just have .dat files and I'm not sure if there is plain text in them or just raw data like binaries. I think over 20 of the 37 I have identified based on the name of the app identified in the name of a file in the zip.
    you can also review the scripts ( here ) to see which apps back up which files
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I have completely identified all of the not sure zips to their apps except two, how to train your dragon and glyder both have the same zip file contents and the only difference between then in the size of the settings.dat file. So I'm not sure how to figure out which one belongs to which app. As soon as I know which one is which I'll rename the zips to the names of the dummy backup performed to get the directory structure and do the restore and make sure it all restores correctly.

There were several apps which just had a cookie so all of them looked the same but the content of the sql file is plain text so they were identifiable. The only one I didn't have in the most recent backup date was battery monitor and it's not worth going through all of the cookie zip files to see if there is any for it. I'm going to assume it was not recovered and manually change the settings to what I had set. I will go through and open every single app one by one and see if there are any apps that are not currently supported that will have a cookie or something in need or being added to save/restore. Prior to this I figured all the apps I had that weren't already in it had no reason to be so we will see if this is true.

Here are some misc. things I noted as a result of this process. There is still no official backup/restore of messaging and I assume no safe 3rd party method as of yet.. Also no official and I'm assuming no 3rd party backup/restore of call logs (can they be added to a future version of save/restore?). Als the following apps were not reinstalled as part of the official restore or preware saved package list: facebook beta, solitaire collection beta (missing from beta feed), geocaching (in palm beta feed), units (in palm web feed), virtualboyadvance (in webos-internals feed), and freebooks free (missing from feed but paid version visible). I'm not sure if any of those were missing from the saved package list or not.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Reply for StoneRyno

Just a thought you might want to look into... if you saved them all at once or saved then one by one down the list...

Since apps are in alphabetical if you can look at the time when your cookies were created and the earliest date/time would be the one for dragon and the oldest/latest time would be glyder...

Best of luck to you
    Here are some misc. things I noted as a result of this process. There is still no official backup/restore of messaging and I assume no safe 3rd party method as of yet.. Also no official and I'm assuming no 3rd party backup/restore of call logs (can they be added to a future version of save/restore?).
    Correct... still no safe way for these. I will look to Rod to answer the question if Call Logs can be added

Als the following apps were not reinstalled as part of the official restore or preware saved package list: facebook beta, solitaire collection beta (missing from beta feed), geocaching (in palm beta feed), units (in palm web feed), . I'm not sure if any of those were missing from the saved package list or not.
    These apps would not be included in the saved package list since that only includes Homebrew packages. essentially, if it can be directly installed within Preware, it would be backed up... note that while apps within the Palm App Catalog, Beta catalog and web catalog show up in Preware, it still gets installed via the Palm App Catalog, not Preware. I just doctored last week and as surprised that the Beta apps did NOT re-download

...freebooks free (missing from feed but paid version visible)...
    What this means is that the app no longer exists in the Palm App Catalog, so it could not redownload it. I had a few examples of these and you are out of luck!

virtualboyadvance (in webos-internals feed),
    I assume you mean VisualBoyAdvance? Not sure why it wouldn't download.. I assume u have the right feed enabled within Preware?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I assume you mean VisualBoyAdvance? Not sure why it wouldn't download.. I assume u have the right feed enabled within Preware?
    VisualBoyAdvance SHOULD appear in the saved package list and redownload. It did for me when I installed the 1.4.5 doctor on my phone last week.

My only problem was that I had apps in my saved package list that were not available via feeds, such as LostFM, or that were no longer available as homebrew (WebOSJournal), and it would continuously try to find them and fail. Had to back-swipe out and then delete them from the list manually.
    I just doctored last week and as surprised that the Beta apps did NOT re-download
    I was surprised as well that the palm beta and palm web feed apps didn't install as part of the official restore process. I manually installed them and was glad that it was only a few apps.

What this means is that the app no longer exists in the Palm App Catalog, so it could not redownload it. I had a few examples of these and you are out of luck!
    Disapointing but at least it is an app I never used and just had it as a it might have some books I'd want to read some time. Basically the only use it got was searching to find books I had thought of wanting to read not being in its 23,000+ book collection.

Yes and all the feeds were enabled and I reverified that it was in the saved package list I recovered and used to restore the device. It was the only one that didn't install once the install all process completed.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I forgot to include this in my last post and wanted to make sure it wasn't missed by making it an edit. After checking every app installed on my device I discovered the following that would warrant being added to save/restore:

pandora radio-- login and prefs. I had to log in and turn on high quality again. Oddly I did not have to do so for slacker radio.
    YPmobile -- history and favorites. I didn't realize it had data that would be lost in the event of a wipe etc.
    spades -- prefs. Might be a big deal for anyone who plays the game alot.
    speed brain -- login. It appears the login is not remembered in the event of a wipe etc.
    youtube -- watch history. I forgot this had that and is nice to have. Not a huge deal but it would have been nice to have not lost it.
    DZ tanks prefs and high scores. I don't play the game much so I forgot it had anything users might want to have backed up.
    Here is the Script for Yellow Pages Mobile.

Works to restore history and favorites...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Bounty offer for LaunchPoint Speed Dial. Currently in the app catalog for $0.99. Would it be possible to backup all your created launchpoints?

I'll offer a $2.50 bounty, which should cover 2x the cost of the app plus tax.

Thanks!
    I already created a script for it... It's part of the Launcher script. I have not tested it for launchpoints, but if you want, I can buy the app and double check. Or, you can test it for yourself!

all bounty/donations can be made to: adam.marks@precentral.net :-)
    I actually just bought LaunchPoints and I have figured out that while the current launcher script saves the position of the launchpoints and the status of them, it does not currently save the pictures of the launchpoints (which is saved to "/media/internal/.launchpoint". There are 2 options that I can do to fix this:

1) Update it to the Launcher scripts
    2) Add a 2nd script for Launchpoints.

I am probably going to just add this to the launcher script and check to see if the "/media/internal/.launchpoint" directory exists and then backup those files. One reason for this is that if you create these launchpoints but then remove the launchpoints apps (but keep the actual launchpoints), #1 would still save those.. if the app is uninstalled, then #2 would not run, even if you have launchpoints set. Does everyone agree, or do you think I should split them out?

Like any of my work:
  10.    #890  
    I actually just bought LaunchPoints and I have figured out that while the current launcher script saves the position of the launchpoints and the status of them, it does not currently save the pictures of the launchpoints (which is saved to "/media/internal/.launchpoint". There are 2 options that I can do to fix this:

1) Update it to the Launcher scripts
    2) Add a 2nd script for Launchpoints.

I am probably going to just add this to the launcher script and check to see if the "/media/internal/.launchpoint" directory exists and then backup those files. One reason for this is that if you create these launchpoints but then remove the launchpoints apps (but keep the actual launchpoints), #1 would still save those.. if the app is uninstalled, then #2 would not run, even if you have launchpoints set. Does everyone agree, or do you think I should split them out?
    The first option is not scaleable, as any new app that creates launchpoints could put the icons in any directory. We can't keep adding random directories to the standard launcher script.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The first option is not scaleable, as any new app that creates launchpoints could put the icons in any directory. We can't keep adding random directories to the standard launcher script.

-- Rod
    OK. will add a launchpoints script and include an AppNote that the app must be installed to save/restore Launchpoint Pictures.

In the meantime, make sure you manually save the ".launchpoint" directory in the USB drive and restore after a Doctor to reinstate any launchpoint photos
    Last edited by Audemars02; 08/10/2010 at 10:52 PM.

Like any of my work:
    Can someone add Movie Diary to apps that are backed up?
    Is Timepiece still supported? It doesn't show up as supported in Save/Restore.
    Quote Originally Posted by littledutch View Post
    Can someone add Movie Diary to apps that are backed up?
    The script for movie diary is attached.
    You add by either

using webOS Quickinstall, select “Tools” – “Send File” and send this file to:
    Code:
    /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/

or

get it emailed to your pre. Follow the instructions here to unzip.
    Then either use Terminal or Internalz to copy it to
    /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/

or

Wait for save/restore to be updated.

Pip
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Is Timepiece still supported? It doesn't show up as supported in Save/Restore.
    It should be, it is on mine and I don't think anyone has pulled the script for any reason.

Pip
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    It should be, it is on mine and I don't think anyone has pulled the script for any reason.

Pip
    I can't save Timepiece's data nor can I restore it. If i reinstall Save/Restore, will it delete all my backups?
    I can't save Timepiece's data nor can I restore it. If i reinstall Save/Restore, will it delete all my backups?
    No it wont delete the data, but you can back up the saverestore folder before hand if you wish. I would suggest you do a uninstall and reinstall of save/restore.
    Does Timepiece show up in your save data option?

Pip
    No it wont delete the data, but you can back up the saverestore folder before hand if you wish. I would suggest you do a uninstall and reinstall of save/restore.
    Does Timepiece show up in your save data option?

Pip
    I uninstalled and reinstalled save/restore but Timepiece still does not show up in "Save Application Data", "Restore Application Data", or "Supported Applications"

EDIT: I'm going to be doctoring to 1.4.5 now so I won't be able to look at save/restore. I only have one alarm so it's okay.
    I uninstalled and reinstalled save/restore but Timepiece still does not show up in "Save Application Data", "Restore Application Data", or "Supported Applications"
    What save/restore version are you installing, it got added in v0.9.4
    Do you have internalz? If so then would you go to /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/
    And see if you have a file com.zps.app.timepiece listed?

Pip
    What save/restore version are you installing, it got added in v0.9.4
    Do you have internalz? If so then would you go to /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/
    And see if you have a file com.zps.app.timepiece listed?

Pip
    Before I began doctoring I manually added the Timepiece script to Save/Restore but it still wouldn't show up.