Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #61  
    Save/Restore 0.6.3 has been released with support for some new apps.

But see http://bit.ly/holy-grail-of-homebrew for the big news surrounding Save/Restore and Preware Alpha ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    This is very cool! Thanks! I lost track of how many games I have lost my progress to, because of some error or other issue!

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Any way to create a list of what Patches are installed? This way if you need to Dr or run the EPR to remove any non-AUPT patches that were left on during an update, you can easily re-install the ones you want?

I am currently dealing with trying to fix the SMS Tone Per Contact, forgot it was not AUPT and did not remove it before the upgrade to 1.4.1.1 and now I am facing an EPR.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizban_tx View Post
    Any way to create a list of what Patches are installed? This way if you need to Dr or run the EPR to remove any non-AUPT patches that were left on during an update, you can easily re-install the ones you want?

I am currently dealing with trying to fix the SMS Tone Per Contact, forgot it was not AUPT and did not remove it before the upgrade to 1.4.1.1 and now I am facing an EPR.
    Both Preware and Quick-Install can show you what Patches are on your phone. There is also some Linux tools that will help you get the Patches working again. They are listed in the different Linux sub-catagories.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by fizban_tx View Post
    See http://bit.ly/holy-grail-of-homebrew for our solution for this.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    how do you go about getting an app added to the supported application list? can it just be added or do you need permission from the developer?
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    how do you go about getting an app added to the supported application list? can it just be added or do you need permission from the developer?
    It can just be added. It's best if the request comes from the author (especially for homebrew applications), but as long as we can legitimately install the package (i.e. buy it if it is a paid app) or have access to someone who already has the package and can type a few linux commands to test things.

-- Rod
    there is this app called secustore that i use to store password and login info i just posted on that thread seeing if there were any plans to add it to the list, thanks for the speedy response
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It can just be added. It's best if the request comes from the author (especially for homebrew applications), but as long as we can legitimately install the package (i.e. buy it if it is a paid app) or have access to someone who already has the package and can type a few linux commands to test things.

-- Rod
    I would love to see Brothers in Arms added to the list...I have the device on my machine and would be more than happy to volunteer my services to get it added
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I would love to see Brothers in Arms added to the list...I have the device on my machine and would be more than happy to volunteer my services to get it added
    Post the output from "ls -lRt" in the app directory.

-- Rod
    Post the output from "ls -lRt" in the app directory.

-- Rod
    can you be a little more specific of what you need me to do... i know that i can put in Developer Mode, plug it in and load up webOS QI to get access to the root prompt...beyond that, what specific steps do i need to follow?

thanks!
    Adam
    Rod, sent Bounty/donation for "Checkbook" app, i know it has an export feature, but i don't always export after every transaction (lazy me) so if it can be added i'd love save/restore even more...thanx as always you guys make my pre the best phone i've ever had hands down....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
  13.    #73  
    can you be a little more specific of what you need me to do... i know that i can put in Developer Mode, plug it in and load up webOS QI to get access to the root prompt...beyond that, what specific steps do i need to follow?

thanks!
    Adam
    Code:
    ls -lRt /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.gameloft.app.brothersinarms/
    -- Rod
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    Rod, sent Bounty/donation for "Checkbook" app, i know it has an export feature, but i don't always export after every transaction (lazy me) so if it can be added i'd love save/restore even more...thanx as always you guys make my pre the best phone i've ever had hands down....
    Note that Save/Restore does not yet have a periodic save function, so you need to hit the Save button for it too at the moment.

-- Rod
  15.    #75  
    Save/Restore 0.6.4 released with support for Checkbook and Brothers in Arms.

(I used the bounty for Checkbook to buy both for testing)

-- Rod
    Could you add ClassicNote support? I believe it should be as simple as:

com.littlestick.classicnote
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="ClassicNote"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.databases

exit 0
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Save/Restore 0.6.4 released with support for Checkbook and Brothers in Arms.

(I used the bounty for Checkbook to buy both for testing)

-- Rod
    Gotta love "testing"
    Code:
    ls -lRt /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.gameloft.app.brothersinarms/
    -- Rod
    Thanks for the specific info... here was the output:

Code:
    root@palm-webos-device: ls -lRt /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.gameloft.app.brothersinarms/
      /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.gameloft.app.brothersinarms/:
      -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          225 Jan 23 16:59 appinfo.json
      -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        22691 Jan  4 15:50 icon.png
      drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root        32768 Nov 13 03:20 brothersinarms
    root@palm-webos-device:
    Did that give you what you needed?

Thanks
    Adam
  19.    #79  
    Thanks for the specific info... here was the output:

Code:
    root@palm-webos-device: ls -lRt /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.gameloft.app.brothersinarms/
      /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.gameloft.app.brothersinarms/:
      -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          225 Jan 23 16:59 appinfo.json
      -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        22691 Jan  4 15:50 icon.png
      drwxr-xr-x    4 root     root        32768 Nov 13 03:20 brothersinarms
    root@palm-webos-device:
    Did that give you what you needed?
    Hmm - I forgot busybox ls doesn't support -R.

Anyway, the bounty for checkbook paid for both, so please test the support in 0.6.4 ...

if you append /brothersinarms to the command, you'll see the data.sav and achievements.bin files which need to be saved.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    there is this app called secustore that i use to store password and login info i just posted on that thread seeing if there were any plans to add it to the list, thanks for the speedy response
    Another request for this. I also use SecuStore, and this would be a MUCH better alternative to the options SecuStore currently offers.
Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast