Page 39 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2934353637383940414243444989 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Yes, I had. Between time of saving and going to restore (eg DLing S/R to device using Preware) v 1.0 was pushed out. I had saved using the prior version...
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
  2.    #762  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    Yes, I had. Between time of saving and going to restore (eg DLing S/R to device using Preware) v 1.0 was pushed out. I had saved using the prior version...
    If you re-save the Preware data after checking your feed configuration, then it will restore correctly the next time.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you re-save the Preware data after checking your feed configuration, then it will restore correctly the next time.

-- Rod
    1) Do you ever sleep (you answered q's so fast)
    2) THANK YOU; That seemed to do trick; Preware now DL/restoring apps & patches
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    1) Do you ever sleep (you answered q's so fast)
    He does, but it's when most of us are awake. Look at his location again.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Jason has known about this problem for 4 months now, and has released a number of new versions in that time, but apparently doesn't think this is a high enough priority to add.
    Them's fightin' words.
    Here is a script for nanplayer
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Let me ask you a few questions:
    1) Did you click on the "Saved Package List" in Preware and do an "update" before you ran the "Save" prior to the doctor?
    2) What exactly steps did you take after the doctor? Did you install Save/Restore via Preware or webOS Quick Install?
    3) Did you make sure to back up your USB drive prior to doctor, and then restore them back afterwards?
    4) what version of save/restore are you using?

as rod said, if you want us to help, we need some more information that just "it didn't work"
    1. Yes
    2. Quick Install after doctoring.
    3. Yes (though something strange happened that i cant explain. After doctoring my phone succesfully, my usb drive was still intact. all my music pictures ect was still there.)
    4. i had the previous version to 1.0.

thanks for your help. i really do appreciate all you guys do for the WebOS community. I was just really frustrated and ****ed off at the time and was doing more venting than looking for help.

i had given up on it and opted to reinstall everything one by one again. hopefully it will work in the future for me if i ever need it.

again, thank you very much guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    1. Yes
    2. Quick Install after doctoring.
    3. Yes (though something strange happened that i cant explain. After doctoring my phone succesfully, my usb drive was still intact. all my music pictures ect was still there.)
    Always install save/restore through Preware, quick install doesn't support dependecies. That probably was your problem.

And the new versions of the doctor do leave your usb drive intact so expected, but you should back up just in case.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Is there any method that can be used in a S/R script to save/restore data from /var/luna/preferences/systemprefs.db ?

This is where Mode Switcher apparently saves its modes, and I consider this important data worth backing up. I would love to write the script for it.
    I'm re-posting this from a few pages back because sconix has released an RC of Mode Switcher (0.9.32). Settings are still stored in /var/luna/preferences/systemprefs.db.
    Just replaced my VZW Pre +. Prior to replacing, I had installed Preware on the old device and used WOSQI to install the save/restore app. Preware was not automatically restored when I logged back in to my Palm Profile. So, I plugged the new Pre+ into my computer, to try to load Preware, but the device is not recognized as a Palm Pre. It is recognized as a mass storage device, but not a Pre.

So, I'm a bit stuck. I can't load Preware or connect to the WOSQI, so I can't load the save restore app, so I can't reload old stuff (or worse: new apps.)

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I'm re-posting this from a few pages back because sconix has released an RC of Mode Switcher (0.9.32). Settings are still stored in /var/luna/preferences/systemprefs.db.
    I believe we are waiting on Mode Switcher 1.0 to be released as Sconix is going to change where saved data is stored on that version. I think the time frame for that is the end of this month.

Pip
    Last edited by pip smith; 07/26/2010 at 05:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpina View Post
    Just replaced my VZW Pre +. Prior to replacing, I had installed Preware on the old device and used WOSQI to install the save/restore app. Preware was not automatically restored when I logged back in to my Palm Profile. So, I plugged the new Pre+ into my computer, to try to load Preware, but the device is not recognized as a Palm Pre. It is recognized as a mass storage device, but not a Pre.

So, I'm a bit stuck. I can't load Preware or connect to the WOSQI, so I can't load the save restore app, so I can't reload old stuff (or worse: new apps.)

This really shouldn't be in this thread. You should be looking for threads that deal specifically with your issues, ie novacom service etc

But of importance is that you instal Save/Restore with Preware and Preware only. Don't instal some other way as you might find it won't work.

Pip
    Last edited by pip smith; 07/26/2010 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpina View Post

First thought for you is: "Have you re-enabled Developer Mode?"
    I just want to say how much I LOVE this app, and all the homebrewer's out there. I even looked over the script making steps found here to see if I wanted to try my hand at creating an entry in this program for the Quit Smoking Tracker program. WAY ABOVE MY HEAD!!

I can't remember if the Quit Smoking Tracker had a price or not, but I'm willing to bounty up some cash for it's inclusion.

Any takers?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post
    I can't remember if the Quit Smoking Tracker had a price or not, but I'm willing to bounty up some cash for it's inclusion.

Any takers?
    According to PreCentral's app catalog page, it costs $1.99, which makes the bounty $4.

I would happily take it, but I don't have the time right now, need to get ready for work, so I'm leaving it open. If nobody takes this one by the time I get home tonight, I'll claim it then.
    I doctored last night for the first time since before Save/Restore was in development so it was my first real test and I must say I couldn't be more happy! All of my important stuff restored perfectly after first opening the app one initial time. I had 37 apps with scripts and was the most excted about how the Launcher pages restored my 7 pages of apps all in their exact spot. Great work to all of you working on this! That said, I have one feature suggestion that could be very helpful. It would be great if there was a way of flagging the apps that you've restored with Save/Restore. I know if you stay in the app, the ones you've restored will show the database info below them but if you close the app which I did and come back in, you really have no idea which ones you already did or didn't when you have 37+ like me. The real reason I run into this is the need to re-download some of them first or to run them once first before they will restore successfully. Be cool if they could change color once restored or something consistent with the color icons shown in Preware Saved package list whether they've been downloaded or need updates.

On a side note, I installed Save/Restore from WOSQI and I had none of the issues above users are mentioning, guess I got lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdesselle View Post

Any takers?
    Since nobody else has taken it over the course of the day, I'll claim this bounty now. I've confirmed in the app catalog that the price of the app is $1.99, so bounty is minimum $4.

I'm purchasing the app now and will begin work right away. I'll let you know when it's finished!
  18.    #778  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    On a side note, I installed Save/Restore from WOSQI and I had none of the issues above users are mentioning, guess I got lucky.
    If you already have Zip and UnZip installed, it should work fine. WOSQI just doesn't follow the dependencies automatically.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    rod since Save/Restore intalls zip/unzip how can we unzip a file using the zip command?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakat Silverstreak View Post
    Since nobody else has taken it over the course of the day, I'll claim this bounty now. I've confirmed in the app catalog that the price of the app is $1.99, so bounty is minimum $4.

I'm purchasing the app now and will begin work right away. I'll let you know when it's finished!
    Here's the script for Quit Smoking Tracker. Please test it out and let me know if it works OK for you; it did for me. As a note, this app stores all its data in cookies, so you may need to do a Luna Restart after restoring to get your data back! If you find anything's missing, let me know and I'll give it a second look.

I'll send a PM with the PayPal information for where to send the bounty if the work is acceptable.
    Attached Files Attached Files