Page 37 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Can you please provide the specifics for which Apps you are referring to, and the specifics of what is not being backed up correctly? That way I can update the script and the walkthru.
    Google Account Search:
    /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.googleaccountsearch_0/*.db

Shopping Manager:
    /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.shoppingmanager_0/*.db

Shopping Manager Demo:
    /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.shoppingmanagerdemo_0/*.db

Shopping Manager Beta:
    /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.shoppingmanagerbeta_0/*.db

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Google Account Search:
    /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.googleaccountsearch_0/*.db

Shopping Manager:
    /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.shoppingmanager_0/*.db

Shopping Manager Demo:
    /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.shoppingmanagerdemo_0/*.db

Shopping Manager Beta:
    /media/internal/.app-storage/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.shoppingmanagerbeta_0/*.db

Thanks!
    OK...we are fine here... I downloaded Shopping Manager Demo for the purposes of this example.. let me walk you through a few things:

1) When I look at the /var/palm/data/Databases.db file, here is what i see for your app:
    Code:
    guid	= 235
    origin	= file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.de.vivalv.software.shoppingmanagerdemo_0
    name	= ext:ShoppingManagerDb
    displayName = 
    estimatedSize = 65536
    path = 00000000000000eb.db
    2) Let's look at the script for shopping Mgr Demo:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="Shopping Manager Demo"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.databases
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.cookies

exit 0
    3) When the app calls "srf.app.databases", there is some code that does the following (i have taken just a few key lines of code, so I am not showing everything..but it explains what is happening):
    Code:
    DBSTORE=/var/palm/data
    PALMDB=$DBSTORE/Databases.db
    APPSTORE=/media/internal/.app-storage
        for db in $DATABASES ; do
    	FILE=`sqlite3 $PALMDB "SELECT path FROM Databases WHERE origin = \"$ORIGIN\" AND name = \"$db\""`
    	if expr "$db" : "ext:.*" >/dev/null ; then
    	    LOC=$APPSTORE/$ORIGIN/$FILE
    	    APPID=`expr "$db" : "ext:\(.*\)"`
    	else
    	    LOC=$DBSTORE/$ORIGIN/$FILE
    	    APPID=$db
    	fi
    4) So, when the script is called, it sees that the relevant database name is "ext:ShoppingManagerDb", and since it starts with "ext:" then it looks for the database in APPSTORE (/media/internal/.app-storage) instead of DBSTORE (/var/palm/data). I ran the script myself and see that is saved both the cookies and the ShoppingManagerDb database, and the restore worked perfectly for me

If you would like to send me the IPK files for all your paid applications (you can send them to adam.marks@precentral.net) , I would be more than happy to test the rest of them for you. Otherwise, I would ask that you test each of these yourself and report back if you run into an issues!

Thanks
    Adam
    Last edited by Audemars02; 07/20/2010 at 12:52 PM.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Thanks for the explanations. So, it should be working.

But it does not for me. When I run a Save on all 3 Shopping Manager versions, I get some errors for each of them. Then, in the saverestore sub dirs for the apps, I got only cookies for Shopping Manager and nothing at all for the demo and beta.

So, backing up ext: databases is not working on my Pre. Any suggestions?
    Thanks for the explanations. So, it should be working.

But it does not for me. When I run a Save on all 3 Shopping Manager versions, I get some errors for each of them. Then, in the saverestore sub dirs for the apps, I got only cookies for Shopping Manager and nothing at all for the demo and beta.

So, backing up ext: databases is not working on my Pre. Any suggestions?
    What version of save/restore are you running?

Note that there was a bug with 0.9.11 that causes an issue with Database restores. 0.9.12 fixed that
    Last edited by Audemars02; 07/20/2010 at 01:04 PM.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Right now, I just created a very rudimentary way of doing this, so that every time you run this ZIP script, it creates a new ZIP file with the current timestamp. You would need to manually delete any old ZIPs if you wanted to. The main purpose of this was not to keep multiple backups (although that is a nice byproduct), but to allow a single file to quickly upload via a cloud-based service (e.g. WifiMedia Sync, ZumoDrive, Drop Box, etc). I expect that we will see some further enhancements to this idea, but for now, here is a quick way to backup a single file!
    Thanks for confirming how it works. I think it is a good idea to retain the previous backups as a just in case you need it scenario and clean out the really old ones. Also I didn't know wifimedia sync could do any files I thought it was just for music and videos as the name implies. I've been wanting a way to copy files to my pre since SSH stopped working (issue is with key rejection no matter what I do). What is the best application option?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Thanks for confirming how it works. I think it is a good idea to retain the previous backups as a just in case you need it scenario and clean out the old ones. Also I didn't know wifimedia sync could do any files I thought it was just for music and videos as the name implies. I've been wanting a way to copy files to my pre since SSH stopped working (issue is with key rejection no matter what I do). What is the best application option?
    I have tried both WifiMediaSync and Zumo Drive. they both work pretty much the same way, except that Zumo Drive is a cloud-based storage, whereas Wifi Media is a connection to one (or more) computers via wifi. To copy to a Pre, you just move the files you need to the directory you want on your computer and the load up the app on your PC and just sync. Uploading is about the same on both apps as well, where you can just upload one file at a time (not just photos/videos/music). So, since Zumo Drive is free, i would go with that!

Like any of my work:
    Is there any method that can be used in a S/R script to save/restore data from /var/luna/preferences/systemprefs.db ?

This is where Mode Switcher apparently saves its modes, and I consider this important data worth backing up. I would love to write the script for it.
    Rod -- interesting question for you... What exactly is backed up when Save/Restore saves UberKernal? Just asking because there really isn't any preferences/cookies/databases that would get changed by the user, so why wouldn't we just use Preware (saved package list) to reinstall UberKernal? what else gets backed up?

thnx
    Adam

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Is there any method that can be used in a S/R script to save/restore data from /var/luna/preferences/systemprefs.db ?

This is where Mode Switcher apparently saves its modes, and I consider this important data worth backing up. I would love to write the script for it.
    There has already been some discussions about Mode Switcher in this thread... the developer told us to hold off making any scripts for it since the way Mode Switcher works behind-the-scenes will be changing once its gets to 1.0. so, it will come in time, but we are not able to write a script for it just yet

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    What version of save/restore are you running?

Note that there was a bug with 0.9.11 that causes an issue with Database restores. 0.9.12 fixed that
    I have 0.9.11. But I did not try restore. I just looked at the media partition after save and saw that it did not save the database.

I was thinking, maybe this is the 1.4.5 fstab bug, but then again, it did save the cookies, but not the ext: database.

Here are the errors:
    I have 0.9.11. But I did not try restore. I just looked at the media partition after save and saw that it did not save the database.

I was thinking, maybe this is the 1.4.5 fstab bug, but then again, it did save the cookies, but not the ext: database.
    Please update to 0.9.12 and try to do the SAVE again. This is a bug that was caused in 0.9.11 that was immediately fixed in 0.9.12 ... Details were mentioned on post 711 ( http://forums.precentral.net/2563681-post711.html )

Like any of my work:
    We would like to promote Save/Restore 0.9.12 from testing to production, but want to get some feedback due to the way the app changes to how the "databases" scripts run (to account for spaced in DB names). So, please let us know if you have any feedback or find any issues with the app within the next few days (both good and bad feedback would be welcome). If we don't hear of any issues by the end of the week, we will assume that everything works perfectly.

We will try to continue to add scripts during the week as we get then, but please do the testing of the app and the existing scripts!

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Please update to 0.9.12 and try to do the SAVE again. This is a bug that was caused in 0.9.11 that was immediately fixed in 0.9.12 ... Details were mentioned on post 711 ( http://forums.precentral.net/2563681-post711.html )
    Thanks, the errors are gone. It now saves the ext DBs from all 3 Shopping Manager versions. However, they are all equally named "ShoppingManagerDb" in their zip files.

For Google Account Search, it still does not save the ext DB, only the cookies.
  14.    #734  
    Thanks, the errors are gone. It now saves the ext DBs from all 3 Shopping Manager versions. However, they are all equally named "ShoppingManagerDb" in their zip files.

For Google Account Search, it still does not save the ext DB, only the cookies.
    The ext dbs are named as per the authors naming in the application.

The google account search just needs a srf.app.databases line added to the script.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The ext dbs are named as per the authors naming in the application.
    Right. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The google account search just needs a srf.app.databases line added to the script.
    Can someone of the maintainers of Save/Restore please do this? Thanks!
    Can someone of the maintainers of Save/Restore please do this? Thanks!
    I will update this today and push out a new version. Thanks for your review of the apps/scripts. This is exactly why we like to leave the scripts in the Testing Feed until we get feedback on them!

Adam

Like any of my work:
    I have previously posted a "multi-purpose backup file" script that saved a bunch of items throughout the webOS filesystem... I haven't received much feedback on it, but I have an update to that script. One thing that I noticed in creating these saverestore scripts is that I would want to quickly get to my cookies.db and databases.db files, and that usually meant that I had to go into Developer Mode to pull these or I needed to use Internalz to copy each on to my USB...so, to make this easier, I added those 2 files to the script (see the items in red below). Still looking for any feedback on this script before I add it (if I ever decide to add it). would really appreciate people's thoughts.

Adam

Here is a script that I have created that I wanted to get everyone feedback on to backup a variety of files across the OS. While the script name is "com.palm.app.backup", it doesn't actually affect the backup app..I just needed an app that everyone would already have installed on your phone. Also, it shows up as "Misc OS Backup Files" within Save/Restore

This script includes:

1) the .png files associated with the Boot Screen, Lock Screen, and some Phone files.
    • This allows quick restore of these files after a webOS update, since these always seem to get wiped out during those updates.
    • However, when you do have these updates, I would recommend doing a "save" before the update, back that up onto your PC, then after the webOS update, do another "save" to capture the original versions of these files, just in case something goes wrong. Then, replace your original backup and do a "restore" to get your files and do a Luna restart
    2) the PalmDatabase.db3 file
    3) /var/palm/data/cookies.db & Databases.db
    4) the entire /dev/tokens/ folder.

Upon a "save", all 4 are backed up, but only #1 is actually called upon a restore because trying to restore #2 or #3 or #4 can cause a variety of issues on your phone. However, I wanted to make it easier to back up the PalmDatabase file and the cookies/databases files, and I was told that it was a good idea to have a backup of the the tokens directory (Others can probably do a better job than me of explaining what is actually in that directory).

I do not want to post this directly into the App yet because I wanted to get some feedback first. Are there other files you would want included here? Does anyone else care about #2, #3 or #4? let me know your thoughts
    Attached Files Attached Files

Like any of my work:
    Still looking for any feedback on this script before I add it (if I ever decide to add it). would really appreciate people's thoughts.

Adam
    The #1 thing is a nice idea for those using themes. I personally stopped using themes because the uninstall process isn't clean and icons etc get left on the device for apps you don't have installed etc. Until I hear the process is cleaned up I won't be using themes.

As far as #2, #3, and #4. I see no reason not to give the option to back up these items. And I agree it is probably a bad idea to restore them so it is good that it is not including restore.

On another topic for save/restore. The logging aspect that appears within the list items for the apps could this be altered to appear below the list or perhaps a log that can be viewed in a log scene from choosing a menu item or a command or view menu button? If the button route is taken it could be hidden until the save or restore is completed to show it. Also A to Z sort the installed application list and indicate some how in that list which ones are also supported apps to easily identify ones not supported.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Save/Restore 0.9.13 should be in the testing feed shortly (can take some time before it shows up, possibly even a few hours!)

Applications:
    - Updated Google Account Search to add databases support
    - SecuStore (App Catalog), SecuStore Lite (version coming out soon)
    - My DataBank, Speed Dial Plus, Speed Dial Pro (all courtesy of pip smith)

Please test the above scripts and let us know what you find. Specifically, I would like people to test the My DataBank script since that uses spaces in the Database name. Let me know if anyone runs in to any problems!

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.

Like any of my work:
    I just decided to doctor my phone for the first time. I had my plan in my head. I would use save restore to backup the preware data, then get all my homebrew apps and patches back on after the doctor.

only one problem. The save restore app will NOT restore my preware data. >

i'm going to be doing so much damn work tomorrow.

i was so excited when this app came out. finally a way to remember all the homebrew goodness and restore it all. i'm very upset it wont work.