Page 34 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    Is there any update on when Save/Restore might support restoring messages? This would be a god-send.
    I don't think any of us know a safe way of doing this. What is needed is someone how knows what is needed to do this and will code it in. I personally know little to nothing about how the application interacts with the database. We already know that overwriting the database causes issue(s) so this means that records would have to be inserted into the database. But isn't as simple as that I don't think.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    I have one small thing that always bug me about the Pre and that's my contacts.
    My issue is that I grab my contacts from several source such as Gmail, Yahoo, and Facebook also I use MSN messenger which I manually merge (takes me about 2 hours). My friends names are always different on each source, for example with my gmail someone name would be Jane Smith, with Facebook it will be Jame S and with MSN the same person would be Super Sexy Jane, everytime I doctor my Pre I will have to manually merge my contacts, everyone say that Palm Profile should auto merge my contacts however it does not.
    Can this app restore merge contacts?
    As Rod said, there is no systematic way to do this. However, I have been working on something using some extracts from the PalmDatabase.db3 file to at least IDENTIFY where you have merged contacts, so when you Doctor your phone, you can at least know where to put back that merge.

I will be trying to post something in few days on this and will be sure to let everyone know how to do it... I may make it an official front page Tip of the Day, instead, but I first need to write it up. stay tuned
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    Can this app restore merge contacts?
    Please see this post for a walkthru of how you can at least tell where you do or dont have linked contacts: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...97#post2558497
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Hello Everyone,

I saw it was touched upon a while back but haven't seen any news on it.

I ran save/restore to save my messages to my computer ( I understand that it cannot be restored and I am ok with that.)

Once I saved the info to my computer, the folder is empty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinvestor View Post
    I just installed Save/Restore v 0.9.3, got success message and buttons for launch and remove.

I touched 'launch' and the application launched, displayed a 'white' screen and sat there until I killed it an hour later. The menu was also non functional.

What is happening and what do I need to do to fix it? btw, zip and unzip are installed just fine. Are there any incompatibilites with other patches/apps?

Bob
    Bump ... c'mon guys, someone must have an answer for this!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcren001 View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I saw it was touched upon a while back but haven't seen any news on it.

I ran save/restore to save my messages to my computer ( I understand that it cannot be restored and I am ok with that.)

Once I saved the info to my computer, the folder is empty. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    When you did the save, did you make sure that is said it successfully backed up your messages (and moved the switch from YES to NO)? sometimes it may say "database is locked" and can not make a copy. otherwise, it should be a zip file in your saverestore/com.palm.app.messaging folder

Like any of my work:
    Bump ... c'mon guys, someone must have an answer for this!
    have you tired uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    would it be possibel to use save/restore on the mode switcher modes?
    Got a couple new game scripts here: Blades of Fury by Gameloft and Guitar Hero 5 Mobile by Glu. I've emailed them to Adam as well.

EDIT: The Guitar Hero 5 script is missing a file that it should be backing up. Please don't use this one; I'm posting an updated script later in the thread.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Chakat Silverstreak; 07/17/2010 at 06:24 PM. Reason: Removed GH5 script; newer version below
    Quote Originally Posted by bliger241 View Post
    would it be possibel to use save/restore on the mode switcher modes?
    I spoke to the dev of mode switcher and the way it saves is likely to change in the near future, so I think we will re-look at it when that happens. There are a couple of posts a few pages back on this one.
  11.    #671  
    So who thinks Save/Restore should go to 1.0.0 when we have 200 applications supported?

6 to go ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I spoke to the dev of mode switcher and the way it saves is likely to change in the near future, so I think we will re-look at it when that happens. There are a couple of posts a few pages back on this one.
    Yup this is the best thing to do. I had brought it up previously which I believe was when you had looked into it.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    So who thinks Save/Restore should go to 1.0.0 when we have 200 applications supported?

6 to go ...

-- Rod
    I think this is a good idea. Seems it has gone through a good deal of testing and this may spur even more users to get involved in many more apps being added.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Here are the scripts for
    Code Cabinet
    Simple Shop
    WordRacer
    Tuck Tuck
    FeedReader
    iCopter
    MyLists
    SpaceAlarm
    Ideal Weight
    Touch Connect

I think most of the free apps in the catalogue that have saved data, are now in Save/Restore.
    I am going to take a look at Cronk, GW-Series and Mydata Bank again. I will also recheck mode switcher when it gets updated to 1.0

6 to go ...

-- Rod
    Sounds good Rod. Just wondering if you had a chance to look at this issue?
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14.    #674  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Sounds good Rod. Just wondering if you had a chance to look at this issue?
    Yes.

Replace srf.app.databases with http://git.webos-internals.org/?p=ap....app.databases

Please test that on a wide range of applications that use databases, especially any that have multiple databases.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15.    #675  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Hey Rod, I need some help... trying to write a script for SprintTV. here is the issue:

The App ID (when I look at "installed apps" from within save/restore is com.palm.mobitv.app.sprinttv ... but when i look in the database DB file, it points to "file_.usr.palm.applications.com.mobitv.app.sprinttv_0".

So, when I first tried to create a script with the Filename (and App ID) com.palm.mobitv.app.sprinttv, it shows up as an installed app to run the save, but i get an error "com.palm.mobitv.app.sprinttv not installed" when trying to save it

I tried to manually change the APPID="com.mobitv.app.sprinttv", while still keeping a filename of "com.palm.mobitv.app.sprinttv". Using the command line, i can now take a save, but it won't show up in save/restore for me to do it there. When I go to Supported Apps, it shows SprintTV with an ID of "com.mobitv.app.sprinttv", but that doesn't match the Installed App of "com.palm.mobitv.app.sprinttv".

any ideas how I can get this to work so that it shows up within save/restore as a save option?

Here is the "final" version of the script that I tried:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    APPID="com.mobitv.app.sprinttv"
    APPNAME="Sprint TV"
    APPDIR="/usr/palm/applications/$APPID"
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.databases
    exit 0
    Try changing APPID between srf.app.info and srf.app.databases ...

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.

6 to go ...

-- Rod
    Sounds good.... I will take a shot at updating the app later this morning, and maybe you can push it out to production tonight..

thanks!
    Adam

Like any of my work:
  17.    #677  
    Sounds good.... I will take a shot at updating the app later this morning, and maybe you can push it out to production tonight..

thanks!
    Adam
    The latest change to srf.app.databases will need some exhaustive testing to make sure it doesn't break anything.

-- Rod
    Yes.

Replace srf.app.databases with http://git.webos-internals.org/?p=ap....app.databases

Please test that on a wide range of applications that use databases, especially any that have multiple databases.

-- Rod
    Apologise for my noobness but here it goes.

If I copy the code you pasted to a notepad and rename srf.app.database. Will I need to run fromdos on this as I'm using windows?

Then from commandline I need to type (Probably make a copy first)
    rm /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/svc.app.databases
    I will then need to send the new copy to
    /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/svc.app.databases
    And then I can test? Any steps I am missing?
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    have you tired uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
    3 or 4 times, same result each time.
    3 or 4 times, same result each time.
    How are you installing? You should install using Preware.
    What device have you got and what version of webOS are you running?