Page 33 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Hi, it would be great if the developer could make this app save the synergy with your contacts (linked profiles) beyond what would naturally be linked i.e. if a google and facebook contact were both named John Doe. Also, it would be great if this app could back up itself so you do not have to manually save it to get it back onto a replacement pre.
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    New update recreated the none loading of archives!
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Closing and reopening of the program appears to have loaded the archived files. Strange! First 2 attempts yielded nothing. Appears to be working now. Thank You!
    Quote Originally Posted by germboy View Post
    Thanks! I may actually try creating the script myself this evening ... will keep this thread informed if progress is made. To answer your questions: What would need to be backed up is the database files (for user login credentials, preferences, etc). And I'm the developer of Bad Kitty, so I probably can't fairly answer your second question (although I think it rocks).

I'll post again once I write the backup script ... or if I fail miserably and need someone smarter to do it.
    Well I had the intention of buying a twitter client today, so since you popped up in this thread I thought Bad Kitty was for me I am liking.
    Anyway I also created the script for Bad Kitty just in case you didn't get round to it, it is attached.
    As I'm new to bad kitty I wasn't sure of everything you can change but I went through the preferences menu changed everything, and a restore put it all back right.
    I also deleted bad kitty then reinstalled so there would be now user logged in. Did a restore and my account and settings were back. So I think I have covered everything, but please test it. Instructions can be found in this great post by audemars02 http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2519650
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Before I run tests on apps to see that they restore correctly I want to make sure I'm not repeating testing that someone else has already done. After all uninstall, reinstall, rebooting, launching, then restoring, and launching everything again can be tedious if for more than a few apps.

Here are the ones I don't know if they've been tested:

agenda
    comics
    how to train your dragon
    ***feeds
    flashcards
    gylder 2
    ***istayfit
    ***notes (inglorious apps)
    super ko boxing 2
    transformers g1
    twee
    ***uno

*** notes the scripts I did but didn't perform a real world scenario test.

If any of these have already been tested let me know so I can eliminate them from the list and just test the ones that haven't.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Hey Rod, I need some help... trying to write a script for SprintTV. here is the issue:

The App ID (when I look at "installed apps" from within save/restore is com.palm.mobitv.app.sprinttv ... but when i look in the database DB file, it points to "file_.usr.palm.applications.com.mobitv.app.sprinttv_0".

So, when I first tried to create a script with the Filename (and App ID) com.palm.mobitv.app.sprinttv, it shows up as an installed app to run the save, but i get an error "com.palm.mobitv.app.sprinttv not installed" when trying to save it

I tried to manually change the APPID="com.mobitv.app.sprinttv", while still keeping a filename of "com.palm.mobitv.app.sprinttv". Using the command line, i can now take a save, but it won't show up in save/restore for me to do it there. When I go to Supported Apps, it shows SprintTV with an ID of "com.mobitv.app.sprinttv", but that doesn't match the Installed App of "com.palm.mobitv.app.sprinttv".

any ideas how I can get this to work so that it shows up within save/restore as a save option?

Here is the "final" version of the script that I tried:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    APPID="com.mobitv.app.sprinttv"
    APPNAME="Sprint TV"
    APPDIR="/usr/palm/applications/$APPID"
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.databases
    exit 0
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Well I had the intention of buying a twitter client today, so since you popped up in this thread I thought Bad Kitty was for me I am liking.
    Anyway I also created the script for Bad Kitty just in case you didn't get round to it, it is attached.
    As I'm new to bad kitty I wasn't sure of everything you can change but I went through the preferences menu changed everything, and a restore put it all back right.
    I also deleted bad kitty then reinstalled so there would be now user logged in. Did a restore and my account and settings were back. So I think I have covered everything, but please test it. Instructions can be found in this great post by audemars02 http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2519650
    Nice ... I created this script while at work today, but had to wait til I got home to test it. Your script is identical, good job. Yeah, all that is required for Bad Kitty is the database requirement ... it uses no cookies or saved file backup, so we should be good to go now. I'm just trying to modify the Save/Restore app locally in order to fully test it, but I'm apparently doing something wrong. Oh well.

Thanks!
    Nice ... I created this script while at work today, but had to wait til I got home to test it. Your script is identical, good job. Yeah, all that is required for Bad Kitty is the database requirement ... it uses no cookies or saved file backup, so we should be good to go now. I'm just trying to modify the Save/Restore app locally in order to fully test it, but I'm apparently doing something wrong. Oh well.

Thanks!
    The best way to test a script is to follow these directions:

1. Put your phone in Developer Mode and load up webOS Quick Install
    2. Select Tools - Send a File. For "File", just select the script you want to install. For "Destination Folder", put in: /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/
    3. Load up the Save/Restore app, and they should be there!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    The best way to test a script is to follow these directions:

1. Put your phone in Developer Mode and load up webOS Quick Install
    2. Select Tools - Send a File. For "File", just select the script you want to install. For "Destination Folder", put in: /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/
    3. Load up the Save/Restore app, and they should be there!
    Freaking yes! It's working like a charm. Thanks, man! Totally looking forward to Bad Kitty support in the official release
    Freaking yes! It's working like a charm. Thanks, man! Totally looking forward to Bad Kitty support in the official release
    I have to log out for the night, but I will pull the new scripts and update the Save/restore app in the morning with this and a few other scripts.

Like any of my work:
    Save/Restore 0.9.10 should be in the testing feed shortly (can take some time before it shows up, possibly even a few hours!)

Applications:
    - Bad Kitty (courtesy of pip smith)
    - jChecklist, jVault (both courtesy of cohoman)

Please test the above scripts and let us know what you find.

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I just installed Save/Restore v 0.9.3, got success message and buttons for launch and remove.

I touched 'launch' and the application launched, displayed a 'white' screen and sat there until I killed it an hour later. The menu was also non functional.

What is happening and what do I need to do to fix it? btw, zip and unzip are installed just fine. Are there any incompatibilites with other patches/apps?

Bob
    Guys, I have scripts for:
    Track My Work Free
    Nuclear Attack
    AirTraffic Lite
    SkyBox
    Tantotal
    MarketLive
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Is there any update on when Save/Restore might support restoring messages? This would be a god-send.
  15.    #655  
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    Is there any update on when Save/Restore might support restoring messages? This would be a god-send.
    No change. Never is the current estimate.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    No change. Never is the current estimate.

-- Rod
    Hey Rod...any thoughts on my issue re: Sprint TV from a few posts ago?

Like any of my work:
    Hey guys...it's been a while since we published the Save/Restore app to the production feed... I would love to recommend that we push this out, but wanted to get any last feedback.. Has anyone found any issues with any of the scripts or the changes Rod made in 0.9.9? If so, speak now, or forever hold your peace (well, maybe not forever, just until the next update of the app)... I will say that for me, everything works great and I have not had any hanging issues since Rod fixed 0.9.9...

thoughts?

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    I have one small thing that always bug me about the Pre and that's my contacts.
    My issue is that I grab my contacts from several source such as Gmail, Yahoo, and Facebook also I use MSN messenger which I manually merge (takes me about 2 hours). My friends names are always different on each source, for example with my gmail someone name would be Jane Smith, with Facebook it will be Jame S and with MSN the same person would be Super Sexy Jane, everytime I doctor my Pre I will have to manually merge my contacts, everyone say that Palm Profile should auto merge my contacts however it does not.
    Can this app restore merge contacts?
    is this possible guys?
  19.    #659  
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_singh View Post
    is this possible guys?
    In short, no. Not safely, anyway.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    In short, no. Not safely, anyway.

-- Rod
    Thank you Rod.