Page 31 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    pip or Audemars have you tried to remove those 11 scripts and see if it works yet?
    I removed forbes and I was able to get 20 apps to save and it still worked. If I saved a 21st then it stopped working. I'm doing more testing now.
    Well, it looks like I've been bitten by the Save/Restore issue. The app seems to hang during load of archive data. Just FYI.
    Did you remove the other 11 scripts I mentioned. I looks like Audemars02 was able to replicate my results removing those 12 scripts.
    Note: to delete the scripts, an easy way to do this is to use Internalz: Just delete the following 11 scripts from the /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore directory
    com.8bitdevelopment.speeddiallite
    com.looti.istayfitpalm
    com.simpletouchsoftware.doitagain
    com.vimuktitechnologiespvtltd.mymedical
    com.billmytime
    com.billmytime-demo
    com.binomed.cineshowtime
    com.myappcatalog.cooltipcalculator
    com.pregroundscom.skyclimber
    com.pregroundscom.skyclimberfull
    com.littlestick.classicnote

+ forbes = com.vizio-mobile.forbesii
    Adam
    Last edited by Audemars02; 07/12/2010 at 10:45 AM.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Did you remove the other 11 scripts I mentioned. I looks like Audemars02 was able to replicate my results removing those 12 scripts.
    Guys I don't think it is just those 11 scripts when I delete any random script I am able to save more than 19 apps and get it to save properly.
    I will keep deleting random scripts to see how many I need to remove before a full save can load up in save/restore.
    Can anyone test this on random scripts also?
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Note: to delete the scripts, an easy way to do this is to use Internalz: Just delete the following 11 scripts from the /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore directory
    com.8bitdevelopment.speeddiallite
    com.looti.istayfitpalm
    com.simpletouchsoftware.doitagain
    com.vimuktitechnologiespvtltd.mymedical
    com.billmytime
    com.billmytime-demo
    com.binomed.cineshowtime
    com.myappcatalog.cooltipcalculator
    com.pregroundscom.skyclimber
    com.pregroundscom.skyclimberfull
    com.littlestick.classicnote

Adam
    Thanks, I was deleting them from the scripts.tgz file but it wasn't solving the problem, DOH!
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Guys I don't think it is just those 11 scripts when I delete any random script I am able to save more than 19 apps and get it to save properly.
    I will keep deleting random scripts to see how many I need to remove before a full save can load up in save/restore.
    Can anyone test this on random scripts also?
    The reason I started with the scripts I did is because those were the latest additions. The app worked until recently so I decided to take the app back to pre 9.8 script wise to see if the problem would be fixed. Then I started with the latest known scripts. Random deleting is a hit and miss you want to have something you can replicate. Once I deleted the 12 scripts and was able to successful get Save restore to load I randomly deleted those 12 scripts to see if it was a combination or just a couple of apps. Hence the installing of Save Restore 15 times this morning, so I could produce a replicable result.
    Deleted the mentioned 12 scripts and I'm back in business.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    That is second verification. Glad we could troubleshoot this and come up with a solution for all users.
    Guys, removing these 4 scripts also allowed me to get save/restore to work properly with all 32 of my save files:
    Share The Costs ch.zorg.ratau.stc
    Absolute fitness com.aquaeagle.absolutefitness
    BillMyTime com.billmytime
    Bubbles! com.bytesequencing.pre.bubbles
    Suduko Lite com.cakefight.sudukolite

Is there a maximum number of scripts that save/restore can handle?
    pipsmith in the name of experimenting and I have nothing else to do at the moment I am going to try to replicate your results.

I uninstalled and reinstalled 9.8 and just deleted the 5 scripts you mentioned and my Save Restore doesn't load. I am unable to replicate your results.
    The common denominator there is billmytime. Will try as well.
    yea, I wonder if we are getting to a 'max limit' of acceptable scripts..i have a few "testing" scripts that i have on my phone (e.g. the backup script posted a few days ago), and once I added that back on, I had to delete other scripts to get everything to work...

so, we will have to wait for Rod to get back on tonight to try and answer some questions..will see what others in IRC think, too
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Got mine to work, only deleted both billmytime scripts and share the cost script.
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/12/2010 at 11:15 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    @nachob now with any experiement you know you now need to reload 9.8 and just delete the ones you posted to see if you are able to replicate the solution.
    thats what i did in my test

Palm Pre wallpapers
    pipsmith in the name of experimenting and I have nothing else to do at the moment I am going to try to replicate your results.

I uninstalled and reinstalled 9.8 and just deleted the 5 scripts you mentioned and my Save Restore doesn't load. I am unable to replicate your results.
    Could you please try deleting your saverestore folder and then only back up 30 apps and then try to replicate my results.
    but I have 46 apps that I back up. But in the name of research I will try that. I am on my way out the door now but will rry when I get back are there any particular 30 you want me to backup?
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    thats what i did in my test
    so when you reloaded 9.8 You just deleted those two and save restore worked? Have you did a save and restarted the app?
    Deleted Save/Restore app, deleted saverestore folder, deleted /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore folder. Reinstalled Save/Restore, Deleted billmytime, billmytime-demo and stc (share the cost) scripts.
    Archive data is loaded both prior to closing Save/Restore and after closing/relaunching Save/Restore.

EDIT: One thing to note regarding my backup, I only have 30 apps that are backed up, and only 27 of those are restorable.
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/12/2010 at 11:47 AM.

Palm Pre wallpapers