Page 30 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031323334354080 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    With the testing I have been doing I have 46 save and restore points. I am at 39.5kb so I can't comment on file size yet. Right now for me the 12 I mentioned in my previous post are the ones breaking Save Restore for me. With those gone I can save and restore and a load all archive points.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 9.8 5 times to narrow it down to those 12.
    I don't have any of the 12 apps you mention, hmm. Are you saying you can backup a max of 46 points and at 47 it bombs for you?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I was aable to run fromdos on Forbes and that now lets the app load.
    I have narrowed it down to these 11 on my Pre. I have tried to run fromdos and change the properties once I put the script in save restore folder but they still cause it to not load the archives.
    Bill My Time
    Bill My Time Demo
    Cineshowtime
    CoolTip Calculator
    SkyClimber
    SkyClimber Full
    My Medical
    Do it Again
    Istayfitpalm
    Speediallite
    ClassicNote
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/12/2010 at 09:51 AM.
    Right now for me the 12 I mentioned in my previous post are the ones breaking Save Restore for me. With those gone I can save and restore and a load all archive points.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 9.8 5 times to narrow it down to those 12.
    Could you clarify gone, do you mean not saved or the save scripts removed via the command line from the app?
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Audemars02, via #webos-internals IRC, stating his limit is 30 apps.
    I don't have any of the 12 apps you mention, hmm. Are you saying you can backup a max of 46 points and at 47 it bombs for you?
    I have loaded 46 points. I don't have the apps installed either but they are supported with Save Restore the scripts are what is causing my Save Restore to fail to load. Once I remove the scripts my Save Restore loads and saves fine. See attached screen shot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Did you try deleting the saverestore folder, and then in Save/Restore backing up any combination of 20 apps? Seems the problem occurs when going over 20 apps in the saverestore folder. So, you could initially backup any 20 apps and Save/Restore will work, then add just 1 additional app (to make it 21) and Save/Restore will fail to load archive. At least that's been my experience.
    Hmm...for me the magic number seems to be 29!

I have a sprint palm Pre, 1.4.1.1, with uberkernal to 800 mhz and compcache 24MB...

EDIT: I started deleting some scripts as well and I was able to load up all 45 of my archives..let me see if i can narrow down the issue
    Last edited by Audemars02; 07/12/2010 at 09:58 AM.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Could you clarify gone, do you mean not saved or the save scripts removed via the command line from the app?
    gone = Removed the scripts from the save restore folder. 9.8 has 197 scripts I have removed those 11 and I now have 186 scripts in my folder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Hmm...for me the magic number seems to be 29!

I have a sprint palm Pre, 1.4.1.1, with uberkernal to 800 mhz and compcache 24MB...
    Sprint Pre 1.4.1.1 F105 Thunderchief

Audemars02 I removed those 11 scripts from the folder and Save restore loads for me.
    pip smith: my findings are identical to yours. As long as I have 20 or less restore points the app loads archive data fine. As soon as I increase the number of restore points to 21 it doesn't work.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    I don't why mines would load 46 and everyone else 20 or 29 like Audermars02 stated. I posted the screenshot to show my Save and Restore points. With the 11 scripts I mentioned removed mines works like a champ.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton
    I was able to run fromdos on Forbes and that now lets the app load.
    I had definitely run fromdos before sending forbes out and just checked to make sure and I confirmed it was in linux format.

gone = Removed the scripts from the save restore folder. 9.8 has 197 scripts I have removed those 11 and I now have 186 scripts in my folder.
    I will test this and see if I get the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by audemars02
    with uberkernal to 800 mhz and compcache 24MB
    F105, 1005mhz compache 20mb
    I don't why mines would load 46 and everyone else 20 or 29 like Audermars02 stated. I posted the screenshot to show my Save and Restore points. With the 11 scripts I mentioned removed mines works like a champ.
    Can you narrow that 11 down or does it have to be all 11?
    I am not saying you didn't run fromdos I was just helping troubleshoot the problem. I know when I first started creating save restore scripts, I forgot to run fromdos so I started with that the simplest solution as a baseline. I ran fromdos on all 11 of the other scripts as well to see if it was something simple. I don't have any of the other programs installed or else I would try to see where the problem is in the script. I just know removing those 11 scripts works for me. I can't speak to anyone else experiences.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Can you narrow that 11 down or does it have to be all 11?
    I tried going in deleting one at a time in various orders and still came up with those 11 as the ones causing problems. I reinstalled 9.8 at least 15 times this morning. So I could get all the scripts that were out there and then one by one delete and luna restart Save Restore to see if I could narrow it down to a couple.
    and FYI..i re-run fromdos and re-test all scripts before they go in..that should hopefully NOT be the problem..
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I am not saying you didn't run fromdos I was just helping troubleshoot the problem I know when I first started I forgot to run fromdos and so I started with that the simplest solutionas a baseline. I ran fromdos on all 11 of the other scripts as well to see if it was something simple. I don't have any of the other programs installed or else I would try to see where the problem is in the script. I just know removing those 11 scripts works for me. I can't speak to anyone else experiences.
    I wasn't questioning your results, I was just confirming that I had sent it as a linux file. I will receive the file off my pre and see if I get the same results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    and FYI..i re-run fromdos and re-test all scripts before they go in..that should hopefully NOT be the problem..
    I thought you might have something like that in place.
    rerunning fromdos on forbes is the only way I was able to get it off the original list of 12 I posted. I am just posting data from my test to hopefully help the problem get solved. I am assuming everyone that has updated now has this problem. So before you get swamped with mad emails I thought I would provide information that might help.
    pip or Audemars have you tried to remove those 11 scripts and see if it works yet?
    I was aable to run fromdos on Forbes and that now lets the app load.
    Bill My Time
    Bill My Time Demo
    Cineshowtime
    CoolTip Calculator
    SkyClimber
    SkyClimber Full
    My Medical
    Do it Again
    Istayfitpalm
    Speediallite
    ClassicNote
    I have narrowed it down to these 11 on my Pre. I have tried to run fromdos and change the properties once I put the script in save restore folder but they still cause it to not load the archives.
    I was able to totally replicate this and was able to get everything to load!

Like any of my work:
    I love problem solving. I don't have any of the 11 apps or I would try to write a script to see where the issue is.

Edit: I did a save all data and closed Save Restore. When I went back into the app it was grayed out again. I deleted Forbes (since it was on my original list of 12) and Save Restore loaded back up.
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/12/2010 at 10:49 AM.