Page 28 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 1848
Like Tree18Likes
  1. #541  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I already have a script for Quick Contacts (Homebrew)...u may be able to just take than at modify it. that was actually one of the trickier one because QC saves some files to the USB drive as well...
    I noticed that script, I was going to open it up and see if they are the same. I'll have a mess around in the morning.
  2. #542  
    Save/Restore 0.9.7 should be in the testing feed shortly (can take some time before it shows up)

    Applications:
    - Application: Fuel, Jewel Quest III, Bills, Accounts, Google Account Search, Quick System Tasks, GeoTasks Pro, Mojo Messenger, My Loaned Items (all courtesy of mamouton)
    - Cool Tip Calculator, SkyClimber (free), SkyClimber (paid), CineShowTime, Forbes ii, BillMyTime Demo, BillMyTime (all courtesy of pip smith)

    Please test the above scripts and let us know what you find.

    NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

    NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.
    Last edited by Audemars02; 07/10/2010 at 11:56 PM.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
  3. #543  
    I'd like to see the following added to Save/Restore, and I am more than happy to pay a bounty/donation/whatever for each app. Current (sale) prices for the apps are indicated.

    Speed Dial Pro ($1.25 - 8-Bit Development)
    TealShopper ($2.5 - TealPoint)
    Found this Phone? ($0.50 - Awesome Phone Apps)
    P2Snippets (free - P2 Labs)
    Do It Again ($1 - SimpleTouch)
    Notes ($2.5 - Inglorious Apps)
    Expenses ($2 - SMP Schnell)
    Scratch Word Processor ($2.5 - No Insult Software)
    Interval Alerter ($1 - MachiApps)

    The apps are listed in my order of priority. I'm not too concerned about the bottom four, but still happy to pay to get them done.

    As to the amount of the bounty, I realize that "standard" is twice the cost of the app. But that seems silly for free apps and for apps that are on sale. Tell me a reasonable price, and I will be happy to pay it. If you are uncomfortable talking about this subject publicly, or if I'm handling this in a way that seems inappropriate, please PM me and I will happily edit this post, take offline, or whatever is appropriate. I just want to honor your expertise, your contributions to our community, and your hard work.

    Pip_Smith, I see that you are planning to do a script for P2Snippets, which I assume will add that app to Save/Restore. If it handles both save and restore properly, I'm happy to contribute to your effort, even though you were already planning to do the script before I came along.
    Last edited by BubbaHooska; 07/11/2010 at 12:44 AM.
    - Bubba
  4. #544  
    Off Topic ...

    Everyone who contributes to the homebrew movement is pretty amazing, and much appreciated. I just installed the UberKernel and Govnah today ... Seems to me that those folks all deserve high paying jobs at H/Palm. But short of that, I'm trying to decide what kind of donation is appropriate. Suggestions?
    - Bubba
  5. #545  
    I have one small thing that always bug me about the Pre and that's my contacts.
    My issue is that I grab my contacts from several source such as Gmail, Yahoo, and Facebook also I use MSN messenger which I manually merge (takes me about 2 hours). My friends names are always different on each source, for example with my gmail someone name would be Jane Smith, with Facebook it will be Jame S and with MSN the same person would be Super Sexy Jane, everytime I doctor my Pre I will have to manually merge my contacts, everyone say that Palm Profile should auto merge my contacts however it does not.
    Can this app restore merge contacts?
  6. #546  
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    
    APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="iStayFit"
    
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info
    
    source `dirname $0`/srf.app.databases
    
    exit 0
    Wanted to post the script in code block to make sure I didn't miss something for the iStayFit prior to posting the zip to the thread. Being my first one and all. If all is good to go then I can attach it to my next post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    2) the PalmDatabase.db3 file
    3) the entire /dev/tokens/ folder.

    Does anyone else care about #2 or #3? let me know your thoughts
    To be honest I'm not sure of any reason to backup the whole file. For obvious reasons that have come up in the past, the backup copy can't overwrite the copy on a device. And outside of memos and messaging that is extracted from but at this time can't be placed back in and the apps we add to save/restore is there anything else in the palmdatabase that we would need a backup of? I have no idea what tokens are and thus can't comment on that one.

    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I think all my apps are now covered save restore says 43 Save application data and 46 restore application data. Wonder why the discrepancy but not enough to try to track down the apps they are probably web based apps that don't require much work to setup.
    Apps previously installed but no longer present on the device. I noticed that when I trialed a 3D game and performed a backup while the trial version was installed and then shortly after bought the game and removed the trial version save/restore retained the backup of the data for the trial version thus +1 count for the restore list vs the save list.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  7. #547  
    Here are ones for Feeds, Uno, Notes, and iStayFit. Please test and make sure I didn't overlook anything, being new to making them and all. I noticed at least one of these has more than one cookie so I assume save/restore handles that with the single line for the cookie thing in the script.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
  8. #548  
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska View Post
    I'd like to see the following added to Save/Restore, and I am more than happy to pay a bounty/donation/whatever for each app. Current (sale) prices for the apps are indicated.

    Speed Dial Pro ($1.25 - 8-Bit Development)
    TealShopper ($2.5 - TealPoint)
    Found this Phone? ($0.50 - Awesome Phone Apps)
    P2Snippets (free - P2 Labs)
    Do It Again ($1 - SimpleTouch)
    Notes ($2.5 - Inglorious Apps)
    Expenses ($2 - SMP Schnell)
    Scratch Word Processor ($2.5 - No Insult Software)
    Interval Alerter ($1 - MachiApps)

    The apps are listed in my order of priority. I'm not too concerned about the bottom four, but still happy to pay to get them done.

    As to the amount of the bounty, I realize that "standard" is twice the cost of the app. But that seems silly for free apps and for apps that are on sale. Tell me a reasonable price, and I will be happy to pay it. If you are uncomfortable talking about this subject publicly, or if I'm handling this in a way that seems inappropriate, please PM me and I will happily edit this post, take offline, or whatever is appropriate. I just want to honor your expertise, your contributions to our community, and your hard work.

    Pip_Smith, I see that you are planning to do a script for P2Snippets, which I assume will add that app to Save/Restore. If it handles both save and restore properly, I'm happy to contribute to your effort, even though you were already planning to do the script before I came along.
    I'll get that script done for p2snippets now. I will also download do it again and try a script for that. If I download the lite version of speed dial would you be able to test it against a script for the pro version?

    Edit: Attached are scripts for:
    P2Snippets
    Do It Again
    Speed Dial Lite
    Speed Dial Plus
    Speed Dial Pro

    @Bubba, I have tested the scripts for P2Snippets, Do It Again and both successfully restored all settings that I changed, if anything is not working for you then please get back to me. I tested the script for Speed Dial Lite and it worked perfectly for me. I see no reason why the script would change for the Speed Dial Pro. If you have access to WebOS Quick Install I can talk you through testing to check it definitely works?
    If these scripts satisfy the bounty then would you please donate the bounty to the Webos-internals team(Link found in rwhitby's sig).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pip smith; 07/11/2010 at 08:09 AM.
  9. licotto's Avatar
    Posts
    471 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #549  
    Any possibility of adding the app TrackMyWork (free & paid)??
    I use it to track hours for school & work but don't want to worry about losing my info in it...thanks much!!
  10. #550  
    Quote Originally Posted by licotto View Post
    Any possibility of adding the app TrackMyWork (free & paid)??
    I use it to track hours for school & work but don't want to worry about losing my info in it...thanks much!!
    If your willing to put a bounty up and nobody else has created it by the time I get home later, I will take a crack at the free version and get a script for the paid version.
    Last edited by pip smith; 07/11/2010 at 04:45 PM.
  11. #551  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    @Bubba ... If you have access to WebOS Quick Install I can talk you through testing ... to check it definitely works?
    I would greatly appreciate an explanation of how to test the scripts. I do use WOSQI. I know how to install/uninstall, to send a file to the device, etc. I have no experience with command lines or anything at that level, but have no fear of it.


    If these scripts satisfy the bounty then would you please donate the bounty to the Webos-internals team.
    Yes. Absolutely. Thank you very much.
    - Bubba
  12. #552  
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHooska View Post
    I would greatly appreciate an explanation of how to test the scripts. I do use WOSQI. I know how to install/uninstall, to send a file to the device, etc. I have no experience with command lines or anything at that level, but have no fear of it.
    Ok this will be based on audemars02's tutorial found here: forums.precentral.net/webos-internals/237558-save-restore-community-development-18.html#post2519650 and you can find all the commands in that post.

    Firstly I recommend installing the app 'Luna Manager' from Preware.

    I then recommend going into Speed Dial Pro and adding a few new users that you can delete later on.

    Now download the Speed Dial Pro script from my earlier post and unzip it.
    After that make sure you are in dev mode and hook your phone up to the pc. Open WebOS Quick Install and select 'send file', now select the file you unzipped and send it to
    /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore
    Now go back to options in wosqi but this time select linux commandline.
    In the window that pops up, paste the following command in the bottom
    chmod ugo+x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.8bitdevelopment.speeddialpro
    Then paste this command:
    sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.8bitdevelopment.speeddialpro info
    You should now get a load of text appear, if you scroll to the bottom the last line before @rootpalm should read 'exit 0'
    Next run this to create a save
    sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.8bitdevelopment.speeddialpro save
    Again this should end in 'exit 0'
    Now open up Speed dial on the phone and delete/edit the new users you created. Also change a few of the settings of app that can be easily changed back. Take a quick mental note of what you changed and close the app.
    Then go back to the command window and paste:
    sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.8bitdevelopment.speeddialpro restore
    Again you should get 'exit 0' at the end. Now go to the phone and open the luna manager app, select restart luna.
    After it has restarted, open Speed Dial and check that your changes have been restored. If so then we have a working script and you can close wosqi and unplug your phone.
    Speed Dial will now appear in the save/restore app and so you can delete thos users you added and make a new save of Speed Dial.

    Let me know if anything doeesn't go according to plan
    Last edited by pip smith; 07/11/2010 at 06:05 PM.
  13. #553  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Ok this will be based on audemars02's tutorial found here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2519650 and you can find all the commands in that post....
    Actually, if you are just testing someone else's script (i.e. you assume they already did everything listed in my tutorial), its actually a bit easier.

    all you really would need to do is:
    1) put your phone in Dev Mode
    2) Using webOS Quick Install, "send" the script to /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore
    3) then, load up the Save/Restore app and the app should now show up under the "save" section.

    so, you can just do the "save" , change things, "restore", and then check the app to see if it worked. Note that if it did not work at first, you should do another restore and then do an immediate Luna Restart. Once the phones comes back on, just to see if everything updates

    The walk-thru to check for the "exit 0" vs "exit 1", etc is really for the script-writer to know that it completed the script. this should really be transparent to the end-user. so, its really good for others to actually use the save/restore app to test it, since that is how everyone else will see it once I load it into the app

    make sense?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
  14. #554  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Actually, if you are just testing someone else's script (i.e. you assume they already did everything listed in my tutorial), its actually a bit easier.

    all you really would need to do is:
    1) put your phone in Dev Mode
    2) Using webOS Quick Install, "send" the script to /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore
    3) then, load up the Save/Restore app and the app should now show up under the "save" section.

    so, you can just do the "save" , change things, "restore", and then check the app to see if it worked. Note that if it did not work at first, you should do another restore and then do an immediate Luna Restart. Once the phones comes back on, just to see if everything updates

    The walk-thru to check for the "exit 0" vs "exit 1", etc is really for the script-writer to know that it completed the script. this should really be transparent to the end-user. so, its really good for others to actually use the save/restore app to test it, since that is how everyone else will see it once I load it into the app

    make sense?
    Certainly that is the most convenient way to test and I know mine might be a bit over kill but I recommended this way because I had only been able to test the lite version as I don't have the pro version. Whilst I believe the pro script works I just wanted to make absolutely sure.

    Also by doing it this way, Bubba could then easily post the command results if anything was not going to plan.

    I was also hoping that by doing it this way it might give Bubba the confidence to maybe take a look at your excellent and easy to follow tutorial and maybe try making a script themselves.

    Which ever method of testing is chosen, I just hope the script works
  15. #555  
    about to update the app for more scripts... if you have any more, please upload them now!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
  16. #556  
    Save/Restore 0.9.8 should be in the testing feed shortly (can take some time before it shows up, possibly even a few hours!)

    Applications:
    - My Medical
    - Speed Dial Lite, P2Snippets, Do It Again (all courtesy of pip smith)
    - Feeds, Uno, iStayFit, Notes (all courtesy of StoneRyno)

    Please test the above scripts and let us know what you find.

    NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

    NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
  17. rpankoe's Avatar
    Posts
    287 Posts
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    #557  
    Any able to do the Named Pages in the Launcher patch? I know it saves the page names to cookies, but I'm not sure how to create the script for it. I looked through the patch code and it shows it's saving the cookies as the name of the page from what I can tell. It'd be appreciated. Thanks.
  18. #558  
    Quote Originally Posted by rpankoe View Post
    Any able to do the Named Pages in the Launcher patch? I know it saves the page names to cookies, but I'm not sure how to create the script for it. I looked through the patch code and it shows it's saving the cookies as the name of the page from what I can tell. It'd be appreciated. Thanks.
    can you tell me what app ID those cookies are associated with?
  19. spikea4's Avatar
    Posts
    455 Posts
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    #559  
    I updated to 0.9.8 and now app will not load archive data!
  20. #560  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    can you tell me what app ID those cookies are associated with?
    I would assume the applauncher's ID but I don't have the patch to confirm this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    I updated to 0.9.8 and now app will not load archive data!
    The notification pops up and disappears but it doesn't seem to reach the point where the bubble numbers show to the right of each list item and thus become active for tapping.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions