Quote Originally Posted by sunmorgus View Post
    Here are the scripts for my apps:
    ASCII Star Wars
    Ski for Pre
    Ski for Pre Lite
    WebUI for WebOS Lite
    WebUI for WebOS PRO

Thanks!
    awesome! Will try to get these in to the app tonight or tomorrow!!!
    Right I'll start on what I have managed to get right first then go onto my problems. Attached are scripts for Fill Ups, Topple Ball Mini, Warranty Manager, TXT Group, Bubbles! (free)[pre.balls.zip].
    I have tested all these scripts and have confirmed that they work.

I have also attached what I believe to be the scripts for Topple Ball and Bubbles! plus[pre.bubbles.zip]. However I do not have these two apps so was not able to test them but I am almost certain that the Bubbles! script is correct because it is just the same as the free version just without the ad in it. Not 100% sure about Topple Ball but should imagine it save in the same way.
    Could somebody with these apps please try the scripts to see if they work and let me know.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by pip smith; 07/09/2010 at 05:41 PM.
    I also took a look at creating a script for Mode Switcher but could not find the saved data. I then contacted the developer to ask how the data is saved, the rather helpful response I got is as follows:

Quote Originally Posted by Janne
    MS saves the data using system preference calls that the system applications use. In the early days MS needed top bar patch so the easiest way to exchange the config was the system preferences stuff. So far I have not had a reason to change this so that MS would use its own configuration database. So in order to find out what is the database file you should look into where the WebOS system configuration gets stored that can be get by the getPerefences system request method.
    Rod, Adam is there a way to go about creating a script for this?

They also went on to give this bit of info:
    Quote Originally Posted by Janne
    Its nice that you are doing a script for save/restore app and please let me know if you succeed so I don't need to look into that. You might want to wait for 1.0.0 release before releasing the script to public though. Since the configuration format might change and actually will change at least for next beta release so not sure how the restoring of old config would go. From 1.0.0 release onwards there will be configuration update hooks in place that would take care of old configuration but until that no. At least I will try very hard to get 1.0.0 out before end of this month.
    If a working script is created, I will of course let the dev know.
    As for waiting for 1.0.0, if we get a script going then that is in your hands
    Now to really bother you.

Firstly I'm having trouble with gw-series and cronk both by mobile1up.
    I can not for the life of me find any saved data, could it need the query thing that is referenced in the tutorial? If so how would I go about checking?
    If you want I could email ardiri but I'm sure he said that he was away at the moment.

Secondly, I'm having a problem saving when using my script for My DataBank/My DataBank Unlimited
    Here is what I get when I run sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.dcapture.mydatabank save from linux commandline (info command goes through smooth)
    + basename /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.dcapture.mydatabank
    + APPID=com.dcapture.mydatabank
    + APPNAME=My DataBank
    + dirname /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.dcapture.mydatabank
    + source /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.info
    + [ -n com.dcapture.mydatabank ]
    + [ -n My DataBank ]
    + : /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dcapture.mydatabank
    + : /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dcapture.mydatabank
    + : /media/internal/saverestore/com.dcapture.mydatabank
    + ZIP=/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/zip -q
    + UNZIP=/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/unzip -q
    + MOSTRECENT=
    + TIMESTAMP=
    + [ -d /media/internal/saverestore/com.dcapture.mydatabank ]
    + ls -1 /media/internal/saverestore/com.dcapture.mydatabank
    + egrep ^[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]T[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9][+-][0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9].zip$
    + sort -n
    + tail -1
    + MOSTRECENT=
    + ls -1 /media/internal/saverestore/com.dcapture.mydatabank
    + [ -n ]
    + [ save == info ]
    + [ save == save ]
    + date +%Y%m%dT%H%M%S%z
    + TIMESTAMP=20100710T000659+0100
    + DSTDIR=/media/internal/saverestore/com.dcapture.mydatabank/20100710T000659+0100
    + echo20100710T000659+0100
    20100710T000659+0100
    + dirname /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.dcapture.mydatabank
    + source /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.databases
    + [ -n com.dcapture.mydatabank ]
    + [ -n /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dcapture.mydatabank ]
    + [ -n /media/internal/saverestore/com.dcapture.mydatabank/20100710T000659+0100 ]
    + [ -d /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dcapture.mydatabank ]
    + [ -f /var/home/root/html5-databases/Databases.db ]
    + DBSTORE=/var/palm/data
    + PALMDB=/var/palm/data/Databases.db
    + APPSTORE=/media/internal/.app-storage
    + sqlite3 /var/palm/data/Databases.db SELECT origin FROM Origins WHERE origin LIKE "%com.dcapture.mydatabank_0"
    + ORIGIN=file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.dcapture.mydatabank_0
    + [ -n file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.dcapture.mydatabank_0 ]
    + sqlite3 /var/palm/data/Databases.db SELECT name FROM Databases WHERE origin = "file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.dcapture.mydatabank_0"
    + DATABASES=My Data Bank
    + [ -n My Data Bank ]
    + [ save == save ]
    + mkdir -p /media/internal/saverestore/com.dcapture.mydatabank/20100710T000659+0100
    + sqlite3 /var/palm/data/Databases.db SELECT path FROM Databases WHERE origin = "file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.dcapture.mydatabank_0" AND name = "My"
    + FILE=
    + expr My : ext:.*
    + LOC=/var/palm/data/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.dcapture.mydatabank_0/
    + APPID=My
    + cp /var/palm/data/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.dcapture.mydatabank_0/ /media/internal/saverestore/com.dcapture.mydatabank/20100710T000659+0100/My
    cp: omitting directory '/var/palm/data/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.dcapture.mydatabank_0'
    + cd /media/internal/saverestore/com.dcapture.mydatabank/20100710T000659+0100
    + ls -1 My
    ls: My: No such file or directory
    + cd /media/internal/saverestore/com.dcapture.mydatabank/20100710T000659+0100
    + /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/bin/zip -q /media/internal/saverestore/com.dcapture.mydatabank/20100710T000659+0100.zip My
    I see that in the last few lines it is looking for a MY directory but don't understand where it is getting this from. Could you shed some light on this?
    I have also attached the script for My DataBank.

Thanks for any help on these two problems.
  5.    #525  
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Now to really bother you.

Firstly I'm having trouble with gw-series and cronk both by mobile1up.
    I can not for the life of me find any saved data, could it need the query thing that is referenced in the tutorial? If so how would I go about checking?
    If you want I could email ardiri but I'm sure he said that he was away at the moment.

Secondly, I'm having a problem saving when using my script for My DataBank/My DataBank Unlimited
    Here is what I get when I run sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.dcapture.mydatabank save from linux commandline (info command goes through smooth)

I see that in the last few lines it is looking for a MY directory but don't understand where it is getting this from. Could you shed some light on this?
    I have also attached the script for My DataBank.

Thanks for any help on these two problems.
    I'll need to update srf.app.* to handle database names that contain spaces.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Save/Restore 0.9.6 should be in the testing feed shortly (can take up to 15 to show up)

Applications:
    - Agenda, Twee, Comics
    - Bubbles! Plus, Bubbles! (free), FillUps, TXT Group, Topple Ball, Topple Ball Mini, Warranty Manager (all courtesy of pip smith)
    - ASCII Star Wars, Ski for Pre, Ski for Pre Lite, WebUI for WebOS Lite, WebUI for WebOS PRO (all courtesy of sunmorgus)

Please test the above scripts and let us know what you find.

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    If it turns out mode switcher is going to be too much to work out a script waiting for the 1.0 version of it may be the better way to go. I guess it really is a matter of how many people using it will want save/restore to be able to recover their stuff for it from now until then. I personally like to be thorough in an app such as save/restore which is why I have compared everything installed on my device to the supported apps looking for apps that have possible data which would save people from having to manually setup or restore individual apps after doctoring or getting a new device. My ultimate goal is to make such a thing seamless as possible. I know in the past I pushed for a backupman style it is so great you wouldn't even know you have to restore from a backup solution for webOS. And right now save/restore appears to do just that with few exception such as messaging (test etc) and memos (assuming everyone hasn't abandoned the app for a 3rd party solution with better features). Once someone figures out how to restore messaging then to me save/restore will be my ideal backup restore solution. I had a crazy night out with friends so I'll continue work on iStayFit after I get sleep. And if there is anything left that I listed that hasn't been taken care of after that I'll probably get them going too.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I am attaching the script for the program Fuel
    Audemars02 I am trying to write a save restore script for JewelQuest III there is no subdirectory that holds the data the only file that changes is a txt file.

This script
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="Jewel Quest III"

SRCDIR="$APPDIR"
    FILES="sdkdb.txt"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.files

exit 0
    give me this

sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.ea.app.jewelquest.pre.na.efigs info
    srf.app.files: APPDIR not defined
    + basename /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.ea.app.jewelquest.pre.na.efigs
    + APPID=com.ea.app.jewelquest.pre.na.efigs
    + APPNAME=Jewel Quest III
    + dirname /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.ea.app.jewelquest.pre.na.efigs
    + source /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.files
    + [ -n com.ea.app.jewelquest.pre.na.efigs ]
    + [ -n ]
    + echo srf.app.files: APPDIR not defined
    + exit 1

THis script
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`

SRCDIR="com.ea.app.jewelquest.pre.na.efigs"
    FILES="sdkdb.txt"

exit 0
    gives me this

sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.ea.app.jewelquest.pre.na.efigs info
    + basename /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.ea.app.jewelquest.pre.na.efigs
    + APPID=com.ea.app.jewelquest.pre.na.efigs
    + APPNAME=Jewel Quest III
    + SRCDIR=
    + FILES=sdkdb.txt
    + dirname /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.ea.app.jewelquest.pre.na.efigs
    + source /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.files
    + [ -n com.ea.app.jewelquest.pre.na.efigs ]
    + [ -n ]
    srf.app.files: APPDIR not defined
    + echo srf.app.files: APPDIR not defined
    + exit 1
    There is no subdirectory in the game all files are in the directory.
    Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Your missing the fourth line ending in .info
    Let me click onto a computer and I'll get the right line for you.

Edit: Here is how your script should be, I hope anyway:

#!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info

SRCDIR="$APPDIR"
    FILES="sdkdb.txt"

exit 0
    Last edited by pip smith; 07/10/2010 at 10:19 AM.
    Here is a script that I have created that I wanted to get everyone feedback on to backup a variety of files across the OS. While the script name is "com.palm.app.backup", it doesn't actually affect the backup app..I just needed an app that everyone would already have installed on your phone. Also, it shows up as "Misc OS Backup Files" within Save/Restore

This script includes:

1) the .png files associated with the Boot Screen, Lock Screen, and some Phone files.
    • This allows quick restore of these files after a webOS update, since these always seem to get wiped out during those updates.
    • However, when you do have these updates, I would recommend doing a "save" before the update, back that up onto your PC, then after the webOS update, do another "save" to capture the original versions of these files, just in case something goes wrong. Then, replace your original backup and do a "restore" to get your files and do a Luna restart
    2) the PalmDatabase.db3 file
    3) the entire /dev/tokens/ folder.

Upon a "save", all 3 are backed up, but only #1 is actually called upon a restore because trying to restore #2 or #3 can cause a variety of issues on your phone. However, I wanted to make it easier to back up the PalmDatabase file, and I was told that it was a good idea to have a backup of the the tokens directory (Others can probably do a better job than me of explaining what is actually in that directory).

I do not want to post this directly into the App yet because I wanted to get some feedback first. Are there other files you would want included here? Does anyone else care about #2 or #3? let me know your thoughts
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Thanks pip smith for the tip. That was my first attempt at a PDK game and I guess I couldn't have picked a harder one.

Here is the scripts for:
    Jewel Quest III
    Bills
    Accounts
    Google Account Search
    Quick System Tasks
    GeoTasks Pro

I have tested them so someone please verify. Thanks!!
    Last edited by mamouton; 07/10/2010 at 05:19 PM.
    Thanks pip smith for the tip. That was my first attempt at a PDK game and I guess I couldn't have picked a harder one.

Here is the scripts for:
    Jewel Quest III
    Bills
    Accounts
    Google Account Search
    Quick System Tasks
    GeoTasks Pro

I have tested them so someone please verify. Thanks!!
    hey guys..whenever you post scripts to the board, would you mind ALSO sending them to me directly (either non-zipped or zipped into a single file)? please email to adam.marks@precentral.net ...

just makes it easier for me to load into the app!

Thanks
    Adam

Like any of my work:
    Just emailed you the scripts I created.
    Just emailed you the scripts I created.
    Would you mind posting also so I can see what everyone is working on?
    Thanks
    I did they are three posts up.
    I did they are three posts up.
    Ah right, thought you had created another set since then, it makes sense to me now. doh!
    I think all my apps are now covered save restore says 43 Save application data and 46 restore application data. Wonder why the discrepancy but not enough to try to track down the apps they are probably web based apps that don't require much work to setup.
    Here are the scripts for:
    Cool Tip Calculator
    SkyClimber (paid and free version)
    CineShowTime
    Forbes ii
    BillMyTime Demo
    BillMyTime

I have tested all except for BillMyTime, but am pretty certain the script is right as the it is the same as the demo version just without a limit on the number of clients.

I plan on doing the scripts for the following apps tomorrow or the day after:
    MarketLive
    TAN Total
    Nuclear Attack
    SkyBox
    WordRacer
    iCopter
    Tuck Tuck
    Ideal Weight
    SpaceAlarm
    FeedReader
    TouchConnect
    P2Snippets
    Quick Contacts Lite
    MyLists
    Simple Shop
    CodeCabinet
    AirTraffi****e
    SMS Auto Forward/Reply
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post

I plan on doing the scripts for the following apps tomorrow or the day after:
    Quick Contacts Lite
    I already have a script for Quick Contacts (Homebrew)...u may be able to just take than at modify it. that was actually one of the trickier one because QC saves some files to the USB drive as well...

Like any of my work: