Page 26 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1621222324252627282930313676 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I typed my last reply before seeing both helpful replies above. Knowing that the older SaveRestore used folders instead of zip files explains why the two phones acted differently. Thanks again for the help!

-darren
    Yeah, the change was made both to save space, and to keep things like custom launcher icons from showing up in the Photos app. Unfortunately it broke compatibility with old backups, but as you've seen, it's not hard to fix.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    App Request to be added --> Scratchpad by Unlimited Juice.

This is a great free app to just jot down quick notes (available for free in Palm's app catalog). I did a Doctor on my phone and I lost all my data I had in this app. I couldn't figure out where the data is stored on the device to try and manually recover my notes.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by timmo View Post

This is a great free app to just jot down quick notes (available for free in Palm's app catalog). I did a Doctor on my phone and I lost all my data I had in this app. I couldn't figure out where the data is stored on the device to try and manually recover my notes.

Thanks!
    I'm downloading it to my Pre now. If nobody else gets it done first, I'll work on it tonight after Super KO Boxing 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by timmo View Post

Thanks!
    Was actually half way through scratchpad earlier when I had to run out. Anyway the completed script is attached and works for me.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Was actually half way through scratchpad earlier when I had to run out. Anyway the completed script is attached and works for me.
    Thanks! I'll give it a try. Much appreciated!
    Well, that saves me a bit of work. Thanks!

I'll get onto Super KO Boxing 2 as soon as I get my 2yr old son into bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougReeder View Post
    One thing to keep in mind when using palm://com.palm.power/timeout: alarms are not guaranteed to be delivered, and you can't set a repeating alarm. You therefore have to set multiple alarms, and set all of them again (for new times) when any of them is successfully handled. Also, the alarms should be reset whenever the app is run manually.

Running a PDK game like Glyder will often prevent alarms from being delivered, and there appear to be bugs in webOS 1.4 and later which result in no alarms being delivered until the device fully wakes up (see the threads on developer.palm.com).

So, in the near term, the best architecture is probably giving apps a way to synchronously back up their data.
    It would seem there is a bug related to timers like the alarm from the clock app, notifications on intervals such as twitter clients, etc. I'm guessing it may be an issue of the device not waking and so the timer never goes off and is no method in place to reinstate the timer. I have observed this happening with calendar events, preset reset, twee, tweed, clock alarms, facebook notifications, and push email. It is not consistent and seems to be random. Typically the solution is to launch the app toggle the setting that turns the timer or interval thing on and off if simply launching the app didn't do anything. For push email I'm not sure why sometime it does not notify of the new email even hours later after some other thing notifies you of the new email such as yahoo messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Preset Reset should be in Save/Restore.
    For Spades, the only thing to really back up is preferences, since it doesnt save the actually game... I guess we can still do that
    Mode Switcher - Never used this, so it may take some time before I can get to this to figure out exactly how it works
    All the others should be doable
    I overlooked preset reset I haven't played spades yet so I wasn't sure if there was more to it than settings like the other games with stats and remember the games state. I would be clueless on what to look for with mode switcher. It is quite handy for making profiles for system settings and launching apps and probably more than I'm aware of. Right now I am only using the default profile to handle a default state for system settings and apps to make sure are done upon boot.

I have Twee and can take care of that. For the others, we really need someone with those Apps to write a script or someone to put up a bounty for them... any takers?
    Cool beans and it looks like one other has spoken up to do one of them. I'm going to get to work on iStayFit as soon as I'm done checking these last few threads.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I'm just about done with Super KO Boxing 2, I just need to do a test restore and make sure it backed up correctly.
    Attached are the scripts for News Feed and Starship Commander.

I will finish the scripts for My DataBank, My DataBank Unlimited, Cronk, GW-series tomorrow hopefully. Adam, just as a warning I may need to pick your brain for some of these though because they are giving me trouble at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno
    I would be clueless on what to look for with mode switcher. It is quite handy for making profiles for system settings and launching apps and probably more than I'm aware of. Right now I am only using the default profile to handle a default state for system settings and apps to make sure are done upon boot.
    I should imagine it is just a database file you are looking for with this one. I haven't used mode switcher for a while but if you want I could redownload it and give the script a try?
    Here's the one for Super KO Boxing 2. Worked for me; test it out and let me know if all's well with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I'm going to get to work on iStayFit as soon as I'm done checking these last few threads.
    I am having problems with the SQLite browser locking up trying to query the DB: (SELECT com.looti.istayfitpalm FROM *) it goes not responding indefinitely. I guess this means I'm not going to be able to make scripts if I can't search the DBs. Any suggestions? Worse case I contact the developer to get the details needed to have the script made, I forgot I had mentioned sending a request to them.

I should imagine it is just a database file you are looking for with this one. I haven't used mode switcher for a while but if you want I could redownload it and give the script a try?
    That would be fine with me. I don't think anyone has started on it. Unless Audemars02 wanted to go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakat Silverstreak View Post
    Here's the one for Super KO Boxing 2. Worked for me; test it out and let me know if all's well with it!
    I'll get it on mine and give it a test before I get too far into the game.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I think he's referring to Geocaching for WebOS, as "Precaching" is in its package name (com.georgo.org.precaching). It's available as both homebrew and catalog, free both ways.
    Thats correct. Its called Precaching on Precentral but Geocaching for webOS on app store. Sorry.
    Attached are the scripts for News Feed and Starship Commander.
    Cool! good job

I will finish the scripts for My DataBank, My DataBank Unlimited, Cronk, GW-series tomorrow hopefully. Adam, just as a warning I may need to pick your brain for some of these though because they are giving me trouble at the moment.
    Sure...let me know how I can help. Note that I may not be that responsive for the next few days, but will try to answer where I am possible
    Last edited by Audemars02; 07/08/2010 at 10:47 PM.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I am having problems with the SQLite browser locking up trying to query the DB: (SELECT com.looti.istayfitpalm FROM *) it goes not responding indefinitely. I guess this means I'm not going to be able to make scripts if I can't search the DBs. Any suggestions? Worse case I contact the developer to get the details needed to have the script made, I forgot I had mentioned sending a request to them.
    Instead of querying, use SQLite's Search function. Go to the Browse Data tab, select the appropriate table from the drop-down list, and click the magnifying glass next to it. In the dialog that pops up, select the column from the first DDL (I usually do this once for each column in each table just to be sure), change the second DDL from '=' to 'contains', enter your search terms and click Search. Should return all references to that term in that column of that table.

Not as fast as a well-structured query, perhaps, but if you're having problems with SQL it's a bit more user-friendly.

Incidentally, I think the query you're actually looking for is SELECT * FROM Databases WHERE Origin LIKE '%com.looti.istayfitpalm%' - just an example, if you're working in the Databases.db file.
    Instead of querying, use SQLite's Search function. Go to the Browse Data tab, select the appropriate table from the drop-down list, and click the magnifying glass next to it. In the dialog that pops up, select the column from the first DDL (I usually do this once for each column in each table just to be sure), change the second DDL from '=' to 'contains', enter your search terms and click Search. Should return all references to that term in that column of that table.

Not as fast as a well-structured query, perhaps, but if you're having problems with SQL it's a bit more user-friendly.

Incidentally, I think the query you're actually looking for is SELECT * FROM Databases WHERE Origin LIKE '%com.looti.istayfitpalm%' - just an example, if you're working in the Databases.db file.
    Another option is to export the database as a .CSV file and load it up in a spreadsheet program like Excel and then do a search. that usually works better for me
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Save/Restore 0.9.5 should be in the testing feed shortly

Applications:
    - Milage Monitor Plus
    - Scratchpad, Starship Commander, News Feed (all courtesy of pip smith)
    - Avatar, Super KO Boxing 2 (both courtesy of Chakat Silverstreak)

Please test the above scripts and let us know what you find.

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

NOTE 2: Don't see an app supported in Save/Restore? Request them here! Remember the bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.

Like any of my work:
    The results of this query is in the image attached to this post.

Another option is to export the database as a .CSV file and load it up in a spreadsheet program like Excel and then do a search. that usually works better for me
    I modified the query above to query the cookies.db cookies table but it didn't find anything. I then exported it to cvs and imported to openoffice calc and searched for istayfit and then looti and the search comes up empty so I assume it doesn't have a cookie.

I also did the file search thing but none of the files appear to be altered from dates that seem to be the install date or last modify date from the developer making changes to code. Which seems right to me since it makes sense any user data would be stored in the db from the database.db.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    The results of this query is in the image attached to this post.

I modified the query above to query the cookies.db cookies table but it didn't find anything. I then exported it to cvs and imported to openoffice calc and searched for istayfit and then looti and the search comes up empty so I assume it doesn't have a cookie.

I also did the file search thing but none of the files appear to be altered from dates that seem to be the install date or last modify date from the developer making changes to code. Which seems right to me since it makes sense any user data would be stored in the db from the database.db.
    Looks to me like the app uses a database, but no cookie or file storage, then. Should be easy for you to put a script together with that information.
    Here are the scripts for my apps:
    ASCII Star Wars
    Ski for Pre
    Ski for Pre Lite
    WebUI for WebOS Lite
    WebUI for WebOS PRO

Thanks!