Page 25 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1520212223242526272829303575 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by FoxFireX View Post
    Hey guys, noticed you'd added support for Mileage Monitor recently; thanks, it's really appreciated! Do you think you could add support for the paid version (Mileage Monitor Plus) as well? There's no difference in where/how the data is stored; only change is the app ID, which ends with mileagemonitorplus instead of mileagemonitor, so if I'm understanding the system correctly, it should be pretty much a c/p of the existing script.
    Didn't notice anyone else had created it and couldn't find it on the git, so attached is the script for Mileage Monitor Plus. Please could you test it and let me know if it works.

Edit: Looks like Adam beat me to it

Adam, any other scripts that need doing?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Edit: Looks like Adam beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Adam, any other scripts that need doing?
    not that i am aware of...
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I'm going to double check my installed apps to make sure none are missing from save/restore later tonight. Also apps I intended to buy with this months misc budget money. I just got to wait for the next unemployment check for that. But while I'm thinking of that any way to make it so that the installed app list includes some sort of indicator that it is a supported app so scrolling down that list will indicate installed apps that aren't currently supported.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Thanks to Adam's excellent tutorial, I've created a script of my own for Save/Restore, for another game that hasn't been added before: James Cameron's Avatar. This one was a little tricky and took me a few tries to get because of how its saves are set up: the obvious savesettings stores your preferences, but savegame seems to only store which chapter you're currently playing. There's an additional series of savechapter files which store the last checkpoint you passed within each chapter, and their filenames aren't all intuitive: Chapter 1 is savechapter1, Chapter 2 is savechapter10, Chapter 3 is savechapter7... and if only savesettings and savegame are restored to a clean install, the game doesn't even give you the Continue option. So after a false start with those, I added "savechapter*" to the file list and was able to get a usable backup.

This does have the quirk that if you restore an earlier save to a game that has since progressed to a later chapter, when you reach that chapter again you will start a the last checkpoint you hit. For example, if I backup a game in Chapter 1, continue to play until the middle of Chapter 3, then restore my backup, when I finish Chapter 1 I will start Chapter 2 at its final checkpoint. Finishing Chapter 2 will then take me right to where I left off in Chapter 3 before restoring.

Since most people won't be trying to deliberately lose progress, I doubt this will be a big deal.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Being thorough for the list from all the apps listed on my pre I hope I haven't missed anything:

Stuff probably not needed to add to save restore due to auto syncing by webOS:

calendar
    contacts

Stuff that I'm not sure about what happens:

any pop email
    tasks (the webOS stock one)
    System settings not handled by mode switcher: data and time, clock alarms, phone prefs
    YouTube (watched history)

Apps that may have nothing to backup:

Card ace, CA blackjack, and word ace
    Facebook and beta (official one)
    Pandora, Slacker Radio, and the plethora of similar free steaming radio apps
    where

Apps not in save restore:

Agenda (free homebrew)
    Spades (free app catalog)
    Preset Reset (free homebrew)
    Mode Switcher (free homebrew)
    Bible (free app catalog) youversion aka lifechurch.tv
    Comics (free app catalog)

I'm going to try my hands at some of the following but anyone else who owns or wants to own one or more I don't mind help with them or even if others that own them want to offer up a bounty for them for others to help.

iStayFit (paid app catalog)
    Notes (paid app catalog) by inglorious apps
    Uno (paid app catalog)
    Feeds (paid app catalog) by delicious morsel
    Twee (paid app catalog) by delicious morsel
    Solitaire collection (paid app catalog) by minego (has a free beta version)
    Super KO Boxing 2 (paid app catalog) with the uber price of 50 cents I couldn't resist this
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I've been asking for a Mojo developer to look into this for some time.

Alternatively, create a new app which is like PresetReset, but can call another app periodically with launch parameters. Then just get Save/Restore to do a save when it is launched by that other app with the launch parameters.

The other app would be useful for many other purposes too.

-- Rod
    One thing to keep in mind when using palm://com.palm.power/timeout: alarms are not guaranteed to be delivered, and you can't set a repeating alarm. You therefore have to set multiple alarms, and set all of them again (for new times) when any of them is successfully handled. Also, the alarms should be reset whenever the app is run manually.

Running a PDK game like Glyder will often prevent alarms from being delivered, and there appear to be bugs in webOS 1.4 and later which result in no alarms being delivered until the device fully wakes up (see the threads on developer.palm.com).

So, in the near term, the best architecture is probably giving apps a way to synchronously back up their data.
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Apps not in save restore:

Agenda (free homebrew)
    Spades (free app catalog)
    Preset Reset (free homebrew)
    Mode Switcher (free homebrew)
    Bible (free app catalog) youversion aka lifechurch.tv
    Comics (free app catalog)
    Preset Reset should be in Save/Restore.
    For Spades, the only thing to really back up is preferences, since it doesnt save the actually game... I guess we can still do that
    Mode Switcher - Never used this, so it may take some time before I can get to this to figure out exactly how it works
    All the others should be doable

Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    I'm going to try my hands at some of the following but anyone else who owns or wants to own one or more I don't mind help with them or even if others that own them want to offer up a bounty for them for others to help.

iStayFit (paid app catalog)
    Notes (paid app catalog) by inglorious apps
    Uno (paid app catalog)
    Feeds (paid app catalog) by delicious morsel
    Twee (paid app catalog) by delicious morsel
    Solitaire collection (paid app catalog) by minego (has a free beta version)
    Super KO Boxing 2 (paid app catalog) with the uber price of 50 cents I couldn't resist this
    I have Twee and can take care of that. For the others, we really need someone with those Apps to write a script or someone to put up a bounty for them... any takers?
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    I have Super KO Boxing 2; if nobody else takes care of that one before I get off work tonight, I can take it. It's even a clean install (I haven't played it yet), so I can get a clean "before" image of the directory in order to see exactly what gets added after you play.
    Not sure what is going on but I currently have save/restore installed, ver. 0.9.3. Preware keeps telling me there is an update to 0.9.4...I do the update and the installed version still show ver 0.9.3....is there really an update or is there a typo somewhere...?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    just tried to install updated version and still unable to install.

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    33 90404 33 30133 0 0 21042 0 0:00:04 0:00:01 0:00:03 38484
    100 90404 100 90404 0 0 48343 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 74101
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 6 luna://com.palm.appinstaller/installNoVerify '{"subscribe":true, "target": "/media/internal/.developer/org.webosinternals.saverestore_0.9.4_arm.ipk", "uncompressedSize": 0}' 2>&1
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I have used Save/Restore successfully in the past but now when I go to use it for a restore, the program deletes the contents of all the sub-folders under \saverestore (but not the subfolders themselves) and reports 0 apps eligible for restore. :\ I've tried restoring the \saverestore folder numerous times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-darren
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenf View Post
    I have used Save/Restore successfully in the past but now when I go to use it for a restore, the program deletes the contents of all the sub-folders under \saverestore (but not the subfolders themselves) and reports 0 apps eligible for restore. :\ I've tried restoring the \saverestore folder numerous times.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-darren
    Is the saved data (from your saverestore) directy currently in a .ZIP file or individual files? this may cause an issue with the restore...

Like any of my work:
    i would like to have Precaching imported favorites saved.
    Just posted this article on the homepage: http://www.precentral.net/saverestore

For all those coming here to request Apps Support to be added, please indicate if the app is a Homebrew or App Catalog App, and be as specific as you can about the name of the App and/or developer.

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by ocard View Post
    i would like to have Precaching imported favorites saved.
    can you be more specific about what App this is? Homebrew? App Catalog?

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    can you be more specific about what App this is? Homebrew? App Catalog?
    I think he's referring to Geocaching for WebOS, as "Precaching" is in its package name (com.georgo.org.precaching). It's available as both homebrew and catalog, free both ways.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Is the saved data (from your saverestore) directy currently in a .ZIP file or individual files? this may cause an issue with the restore...
    It's not in a Zip file. originally I copied the files from my pre USB drive to a folder on my desktop in Windows. Here is one of the files for reference:

saverestore\com.drnull.drpodder\20100707T174807-0400\drPodderFeeds

I backed up and restored another Pre in the same way at the same time without any trouble, but on this unit SaveRestore loads, says that it's reading the archive, then shows 0 apps eligible for restore. When I look in the \saverestore folder, I see the root folders (com.drnull.drpodder in the above example, but all files and folders under that are deleted.

-darren
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenf View Post
    It's not in a Zip file. originally I copied the files from my pre USB drive to a folder on my desktop in Windows. Here is one of the files for reference:

saverestore\com.drnull.drpodder\20100707T174807-0400\drPodderFeeds

I backed up and restored another Pre in the same way at the same time without any trouble, but on this unit SaveRestore loads, says that it's reading the archive, then shows 0 apps eligible for restore. When I look in the \saverestore folder, I see the root folders (com.drnull.drpodder in the above example, but all files and folders under that are deleted.

-darren
    I have NO IDEA why it would delete those files. That is a new one to me, and I hope Rod can answer that for you.

However, the reason that 0 apps are coming up with a restore option is because you saved the data with an older version of Save/Restore (probably v0.8.x) but are trying to restore with v0.9.x which now saves and restores the data as ZIP files. Do you have the ability to zip files? if you can, then you need to zip each directory as follows:

ORIGINAL = saverestore\com.drnull.drpodder\20100707T174807-0400\drPodderFeeds
    NEW = saverestore\com.drnull.drpodder\20100707T174807-0400.zip

does that make sense? let me know if you need more help with this

Adam

Like any of my work:
    ORIGINAL = saverestore\com.drnull.drpodder\20100707T174807-0400\drPodderFeeds
    NEW = saverestore\com.drnull.drpodder\20100707T174807-0400.zip
    Just to elaborate a bit on what Adam said here, the new zip file should have the same name as the old folder (the timestamp of the backup), except with a .zip extension, and it should contain whatever files were inside that old folder directly. So make sure that when you zip it up, the files aren't under a folder inside the zip.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Aha - I get it now... I am *supposed* to see zip files. Well apparently when I copied the files Windows unpacked the zips into folder (but only on one phone - weird). I just created a zip for each folder, copied the contents in and the phone is restoring all 10 databases as I type this.

Thanks as always for the help!!!

-darren