Page 20 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DougReeder View Post
    Hi, I'd like to get support for com.outlinetracker.outlinetracker and com.outlinetracker.outlinetrackerfree added to Save/Restore. All data for each app is stored in two standard SQLite databases.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    While I apologize for not having had the time to read up on what's required, I'd be glad to get in contact with someone on this team to bring Radio Hibiki into the Save/Restore fold.

If anyone is managing this process and/or would like to take it on adding RH, please drop me a PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    And yes, I'm willing to offer up the bounty--at the very least--for the effort and obviously the app purchase necessary to make this happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    I didn't see it on the git so tried a script myself.

I followed Audemars02's guide for creating the script and tested restore by both the command line and also through the save/restore app and both come back good for me.

Attached is a ZIP file for the following Apps:

Hero of Sparta, Radio Hibiki, Outline tracker, Outline tracker Free, Quick Contacts (Homebrew).
    Defensive Warefare (courtesy of pip smith)

While we wait for these to get added to the Save/Restore app, you can test these out easily enough and provide feedback. To do that:

1. Grab the specific script from the ZIP File
    2. Put your phone in Developer Mode and load up webOS Quick Install
    3. Select Tools - Send a File. For "File", just select the script you want to install. For "Destination Folder", put in: /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/
    4. Load up the Save/Restore app, and they should be there!

please let me know if you have any questions
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    If I can help in any way to get the apps I previously listed added let me know. I've not done scripting before so I will have to look at the previously posted instructions. At least until we can find a dev to help us automate the process more. I put a call out to all my friends that we are looking. I know several of them are programmers and others are in IT so hopefully they will have read my post and will pass the word along to their coworkers. I made sure to include it is an open source project so they don't think it is a job offer.
    I have started working on your apps, but probably wont get to them until tomorrow.
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    From your PC, you can go to http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...testing/armv7/ to find archived versions. here is the actual link location: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._0.9.0_arm.ipk

you need to uninstall Save/Restore from your Pre, download this IPK above to your PC, and then use webOS Quick Install to manually install v0.9.0

try that!

Just saw this. I'll give it a try tonight.
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    So, I just uninstalled 0.9.1, and installed 0.9.0 with FileCoaster. However, neither 0.9.0 nor 0.9.1 are recognizing all of the save restore data. I'm only able to restore 2 of the 12 apps that i have restore data for.

What else should I try?

Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    So, I just uninstalled 0.9.1, and installed 0.9.0 with FileCoaster. However, neither 0.9.0 nor 0.9.1 are recognizing all of the save restore data. I'm only able to restore 2 of the 12 apps that i have restore data for.

What else should I try?
    First off...I don't think you can use FileCoaster to install this..well, you can, but i don't think it will work right. you may need to use webOS Quick Install..

as far as the issue, let me ask a few questions:
    1) What apps are not working? Do they show as installed, just no restore available?
    2) are you sure the apps are installed on your device?
    3) would you be willing to send me your entire "saverestore" directory to do a few tests on? i can at least try to figure some things out with the apps that i also have installed..

please me a PM if you want to talk more...i can also give you my email address if you do not want to post things directly on the forum

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    First off...I don't think you can use FileCoaster to install this..well, you can, but i don't think it will work right. you may need to use webOS Quick Install..

as far as the issue, let me ask a few questions:
    1) What apps are not working? Do they show as installed, just no restore available?
    2) are you sure the apps are installed on your device?
    3) would you be willing to send me your entire "saverestore" directory to do a few tests on? i can at least try to figure some things out with the apps that i also have installed..

please me a PM if you want to talk more...i can also give you my email address if you do not want to post things directly on the forum

Adam
    PM sent

I'm not sure if there is away to save/restore system settings without mode switcher but having both ways of save/restore the system settings would be great. I'm also not sure if there are any settings not handled with mode switcher. On top of all the other neat stuff you can make profiles for with the app.

Homebrew:

System settings (mode switcher)
    STC (sharethecost)
    Battery monitor
    Preset reset

App Catalog:

Sudoku cakefight free
    Milage monitor free
    Crossword light standalone
    iStayFit
    Keep score free
    Timesheet
    Bible youversion
    Attached are the scripts for the apps highlighted above. If you can test these out and let me know if you have any issues, that would be great. instructions on how to manually add these are listed in a posting above. I will work with Rod to get these added to the testing feed soon.

For iStayFit, this will require a bounty because it is a paid app. are you willing to put one up? if so, please post it here and indicate the dollar amount

For the Bible, can you please be clear which app this is... i wasn't sure which one it was in the app catalog
    Attached Files Attached Files

Like any of my work:
    Save/Restore 0.9.2 in the testing feed.

Applications: Defensive Warfare (courtesy of pip smith), Preset Reset, ShareTheCost (STC), Sudoku Lite!, Milage Monitor, Hero of Sparta, Score Keeper, Timesheet, Radio Hibiki, Online Tracker, Online Tracker Free, Battery Monitor Plus, Quick Contacts (homebrew), Crossword Lite

Please test the above scripts and let us know what you find.

I did not have the paid version of outlinetracker, so I was not able to test that. Also, I am still waiting for others to provide feedback if the save/restore works for icons created with the Launchpoints app.

NOTE 1: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

NOTE 2: Remember that bounty system that is referenced on the first post. For any paid applications, the "standard rate" is to offer 2x the value of the App.

Special thanks to vanadium for paying an extra-large bounty for the Radio Hibiki script! I really appreciate your support!
    Last edited by Audemars02; 06/28/2010 at 09:05 PM.

Like any of my work:
    I will work on this now, based on the "free" version. I will post the scripts to both, but would like you to test the "paid" version for me. ok?
    Of course.

I'm having trouble getting Preware up and running on the Emulator. I tried installing Preware via WebOS QuickInstall, but that failed, so I ran the preware -bootstrap script. I was then able to run Preware, but it stalled out downloading Packages.gz. I restarted the emulator, and Preware was able to download a number of files, but stopped with errors.

I need to get a release of my app out tomorrow, so it may be a couple days before I can get Save/Restore up and running.
    Attached are the scripts for the apps highlighted above. If you can test these out and let me know if you have any issues, that would be great. instructions on how to manually add these are listed in a posting above. I will work with Rod to get these added to the testing feed soon.

For iStayFit, this will require a bounty because it is a paid app. are you willing to put one up? if so, please post it here and indicate the dollar amount

For the Bible, can you please be clear which app this is... i wasn't sure which one it was in the app catalog
    Best I can offer is to run the commands for iStayFit like I did for the one game due to being unemployed and exceeding my budget for this month I won't have any cash to spare until august unfortunately. Have I mentioned I hate that I'm unemployed. The bible app is by youversion also may be identified as lifechurch.tv. I'll get some data in the apps to test the backup and restore. I also just realized the other day when I was writing reviews and rating my apps for the app catalog that I somehow have the paid version of sudoku by cakefight. I can also run commands to get the info for that one. I assume the commands are the same as the other and just need to change the directory name according to the specific app. I also assume the best way to test the restore is to uninstall the specific app, reboot device, install app, open then close the app, and restore data for that app using save/restore?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Best I can offer is to run the commands for iStayFit like I did for the one game due to being unemployed and exceeding my budget for this month I won't have any cash to spare until august unfortunately. Have I mentioned I hate that I'm unemployed. The bible app is by youversion also may be identified as lifechurch.tv. I'll get some data in the apps to test the backup and restore. I also just realized the other day when I was writing reviews and rating my apps for the app catalog that I somehow have the paid version of sudoku by cakefight. I can also run commands to get the info for that one. I assume the commands are the same as the other and just need to change the directory name according to the specific app. I also assume the best way to test the restore is to uninstall the specific app, reboot device, install app, open then close the app, and restore data for that app using save/restore?
    Unfortunately, for these apps its a little more complicated. The command I had you run for Hero of Sparta is different since that is a PDK game. for these regular SDK games, you would need to send me the following 2 files from you machine, and then I can see what I can do with it. Its not a perfect solution because sometimes there are some complications, but this should work. so, if you can send me these files, i will see what i can do:
    /var/palm/data/Databases.db
    /var/palm/data/cookies.db

and to do a restore, you can do the full removal of the app, but you can also just try to change a few things and then do a restore... so, the steps i would take are:
    1) "save" your progress
    2) go into the apps, make changes, etc
    3) "restore" your old progress
    4) immediately do a Luna Restart (just to make sure no cookies or anything was cached on the device)
    5) check to see if your original save state was restored

but, if you do want to go ahead with a full removal of the app, then the steps would be:
    1) "save" your progress
    2) remove the app
    3) reinstall the app
    4) open the app (to initialize the cookies and databases)
    5) "restore" your old progress
    6) immediately do a Luna Restart (just to make sure no cookies or anything was cached on the device)
    7) check to see if your original save state was restored

good luck
    Adam

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by DougReeder View Post
    Of course.

I'm having trouble getting Preware up and running on the Emulator. I tried installing Preware via WebOS QuickInstall, but that failed, so I ran the preware -bootstrap script. I was then able to run Preware, but it stalled out downloading Packages.gz. I restarted the emulator, and Preware was able to download a number of files, but stopped with errors.

I need to get a release of my app out tomorrow, so it may be a couple days before I can get Save/Restore up and running.
    when you installed Preware from webOS QI, did you make sure to select the right feed ("webOS-Internals Feed (Emulator)"), as opposed to the (Pre) or (Pixi) feed? if that doesnt work, you can always install the save/restore app from webOS QI, too, and bypass Preware altogether. Also, if you want to send me a copy of the full version (or, i could buy it and you can reimburse me), I can do the testing myself

Like any of my work:
    Regarding the switch from SaveRestore 0.8.x to 0.9.x... (and the move to .zip format for the archives)

As I noted in a prior comment I made one page above, I used S/R to backup a particular game (The Settlers) that I have since removed from my Pre (probably temporarily). However the last backup I made with S/R was in the 0.8.x version format. As I've also mentioned, I have the appropriate saverestore folder path for this backup saved on my pc in a permanent archive. I'm am assuming that the old (non zipped) archive files are not compatible to be restored under the new 0.9.x system? (at least when I installed and ran 0.9.2, it reflected no existing archives on first-run)

Is there a method to making these older archive files ready for restore under the new archive zip format (i.e.... is it as simple as zipping them? I'm not a linux guru, so how exactly might I go about running the zip command in terminus for a particular folder on \media\internals\saverestore\com.gameloft.app.settlers\20100620T215500-0400)

Hopefully my question makes sense. I'm sure I'm a fringe use case, but hopefully someone can help. If not, I'm not going to die over losing my place in Settlers (luckily, I haven't been too serious about it!!)
  13.    #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Regarding the switch from SaveRestore 0.8.x to 0.9.x... (and the move to .zip format for the archives)

As I noted in a prior comment I made one page above, I used S/R to backup a particular game (The Settlers) that I have since removed from my Pre (probably temporarily). However the last backup I made with S/R was in the 0.8.x version format. As I've also mentioned, I have the appropriate saverestore folder path for this backup saved on my pc in a permanent archive. I'm am assuming that the old (non zipped) archive files are not compatible to be restored under the new 0.9.x system? (at least when I installed and ran 0.9.2, it reflected no existing archives on first-run)

Is there a method to making these older archive files ready for restore under the new archive zip format (i.e.... is it as simple as zipping them? I'm not a linux guru, so how exactly might I go about running the zip command in terminus for a particular folder on \media\internals\saverestore\com.gameloft.app.settlers\20100620T215500-0400)

Hopefully my question makes sense. I'm sure I'm a fringe use case, but hopefully someone can help. If not, I'm not going to die over losing my place in Settlers (luckily, I haven't been too serious about it!!)
    You should be able to just zip the files and make sure the zip file ends up with the correct name.

Something like:

Code:
    cd /media/internal/saverestore/com.gameloft.app.settlers/20100620T215500-0400
    zip ../20100620T215500-0400.zip *
    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Unfortunately, for these apps its a little more complicated. The command I had you run for Hero of Sparta is different since that is a PDK game. for these regular SDK games, you would need to send me the following 2 files from you machine, and then I can see what I can do with it. Its not a perfect solution because sometimes there are some complications, but this should work. so, if you can send me these files, i will see what i can do:
    /var/palm/data/Databases.db
    /var/palm/data/cookies.db
    Sounds like it would be better to go with a bounty. Perhaps I can squeeze someone for it unless someone else who also uses the app would like to put up the bounty. The amount of unemployment compensation I receive barely covers bills (I have $50 left after that and I made the mistake of not being careful and spent beyond that this month) I otherwise would put up the bounty without worry. Later on tonight I'll go with the uninstall way of testing the other apps to make sure data is backed up and restored fully. iStayFit is the only one at this time I really don't want to lose the data for. The others I put dummy info in or for games have game data I'm not concerned with losing in case the test doesn't work.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Sounds like it would be better to go with a bounty. Perhaps I can squeeze someone for it unless someone else who also uses the app would like to put up the bounty. The amount of unemployment compensation I receive barely covers bills (I have $50 left after that and I made the mistake of not being careful and spent beyond that this month) I otherwise would put up the bounty without worry. Later on tonight I'll go with the uninstall way of testing the other apps to make sure data is backed up and restored fully. iStayFit is the only one at this time I really don't want to lose the data for. The others I put dummy info in or for games have game data I'm not concerned with losing in case the test doesn't work.
    I can work on the Sudoku game because I assume that it will work the same as the Lite version... as for iStayFit, this is not really an app I want, so I wouldn't want to buy it myself...however, if you did want to put up a bounty, I would be fine just getting reimbursed for the price of the app + taxes and fees. You can also try emailing the developer to see if they can give any information about how the data is backed up (i.e. cookies and/or databases and/or specific files). you can also see if anyone else on the boards would be willing to put up or split the bounty with you!

let me know!
    Adam

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You should be able to just zip the files and make sure the zip file ends up with the correct name.

Something like:

Code:
    cd /media/internal/saverestore/com.gameloft.app.settlers/20100620T215500-0400
    zip ../20100620T215500-0400.zip *
    -- Rod
    also, if you are not comfortable zipping on your own, I would be more than happy to help. you can email me files from the original directory and I can zip them up for you ... my email is adam.marks@precentral.net

Like any of my work:
    also, if you are not comfortable zipping on your own, I would be more than happy to help. you can email me files from the original directory and I can zip them up for you ... my email is adam.marks@precentral.net
    Thanks. I'm always looking to brush up on my tech skills so I'll give this a try this weekend to test out the process of converting a s/r 0.8.x archive to zip and then restoring it to the app using s/r 0.9.x. Obviously, I'll have to reinstall that massive Settlers game to do this, but that's what long holiday weekends are for!!
    I can work on the Sudoku game because I assume that it will work the same as the Lite version... as for iStayFit, this is not really an app I want, so I wouldn't want to buy it myself...however, if you did want to put up a bounty, I would be fine just getting reimbursed for the price of the app + taxes and fees. You can also try emailing the developer to see if they can give any information about how the data is backed up (i.e. cookies and/or databases and/or specific files). you can also see if anyone else on the boards would be willing to put up or split the bounty with you!

let me know!
    Adam
    I was just thinking I could contact the iStayFit developer to get details for backing up data with save/restore and will do so tomorrow. I followed the uninstall method to test the following apps:

STC (sharethecost) ---- dummy item cost shared between two people restored
    Battery monitor ---- settings restored
    Preset reset ---- settings restored
    Milage monitor free ---- data and settings restored (my settings might be the same as default)
    Crossword light standalone ---- progress and settings restored (my settings might be the same as default)
    Keep score free ---- dummy players and scores restored
    Timesheet ---- dummy schedule settings restored (I forgot to enter dummy clock ins and outs so will have to run another test for that)
    Assassin's Creed ---- my completed game and settings restored
    Dungeon Hunter ---- my partial game and settings restored
    Hero of Sparta ---- my completed game and settings restored (my settings might be the same as default)
    Monopoly ---- my game stats and settings restored restored (not sure if it is normal but I got tutorial dialog from the monopoly guy on the next game I started)
    Launcher ---- icon locations of the above apps not restored (is this not part of what is backed up?)

Have I overlooked anything for these apps that need verification? Note the ones I noted about my settings may be the same as defaults so I assume they restored. Save/restore did it's notation thing per item and toggled each to off.

Have the following been tested to see if they work?

drPodder
    Govnah
    Preware
    Scoop
    SplashID
    Tweed
    Uber-Kernel
    Web

Of those the only one I'd be afraid to test is splashID as it contains a ton of info that if I wanted to I could not recall to redo entry in the event something goes wrong. Of course I can copy all that stuff down if need be if nobody else has tested it and if nobody else can test it. UK and web I'm not sure what it is backing up to know what to remove for testing of those. Outside of the stuff listed in this post, iStayFit and the paid sudoku by cakefight, I think most every app installed on my pre that has stuff that would need save/restore is part of save/restore. Will run down the list another day to make sure.
    Last edited by StoneRyno; 06/30/2010 at 05:33 AM.
    I was just thinking I could contact the iStayFit developer to get details for backing up data with save/restore and will do so tomorrow. I followed the uninstall method to test the following apps:

Launcher ---- icon locations of the above apps not restored (is this not part of what is backed up?)
    One thing... if the icons did not exist when you did the original "save", those icons will be moved to the bottom of the first page. what this the case? or were these icons in the original save and did not go back to where you put them?

Have the following been tested to see if they work?

drPodder
    Govnah
    Preware
    Scoop
    SplashID
    Tweed
    Uber-Kernel
    Web

Of those the only one I'd be afraid to test is splashID as it contains a ton of info that if I wanted to I could not recall to redo entry in the event something goes wrong. Of course I can copy all that stuff down if need be if nobody else has tested it and if nobody else can test it. UK and web I'm not sure what it is backing up to know what to remove for testing of those. Outside of the stuff listed in this post, iStayFit and the paid sudoku by cakefight, I think most every app installed on my pre that has stuff that would need save/restore is part of save/restore. Will run down the list another day to make sure.
    Aside from drPodder, I personally have not tested all the items above. However, if you have an issue with SpashID, doesn't it have a built in "encrypted back-up via email" option that you can use as a "just in case" anything goes wrong?

Like any of my work:
    One thing... if the icons did not exist when you did the original "save", those icons will be moved to the bottom of the first page. what this the case? or were these icons in the original save and did not go back to where you put them?
    I performed the backup with save/restore, then uninstalled all of the apps, rebooted my pre, installed all of the apps, opened and closed (after loaded) each of them one at a time, rebooted, and opened save/restore chose all the apps (except those not being tested) and the launcher for restore. I reboot again after the restore was complete noting that it had toggled all of the selected items indicating complete. Upon boot complete all of the icons were still at the bottom of the first page in the order I had installed them rather than where they had been during the backup.

Aside from drPodder, I personally have not tested all the items above. However, if you have an issue with SpashID, doesn't it have a built in "encrypted back-up via email" option that you can use as a "just in case" anything goes wrong?
    Wow I can't believe I never looked at the menu in splashID, yes it does have a builtin backup and restore so I can do a manual backup to make sure I don't lose the data during test for save/restore. I'll make some dummy profiles for govnah outside of turning on compcache in one of the default profiles I have not customized it. Peware I figure settings and custom feeds are part of the backup is there anything else I need to verify? Scoop and tweed I assume there is just settings and account info. Uber-kernel and web not sure what to look for other than web I assume cookies, history, and bookmarks. Not sure if I use the browser enough to be through on it other than to verify if I have to log into netflix and precentral and that all my bookmarks come back. I'll have time to do a test again later on tonight.