Page 19 of 93 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    I'm thinking about Doctoring my phone tonight. I use save restore alot. Do i need to copy the zip file off of my pre, and then back on afterwards? Or can i just keep it where it is (ie, is it safe on the USB partition?)
    Qualcomm QCP 2700 -> ... Palm m125 ... -> Instinct -> Palm Pre

I tweet a lot about the Pre! @bshedwick
    Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    I'm thinking about Doctoring my phone tonight. I use save restore alot. Do i need to copy the zip file off of my pre, and then back on afterwards? Or can i just keep it where it is (ie, is it safe on the USB partition?)
    be safe... Copy your entire USB drive to your computer..
  3.    #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    rod - did some prelim testing. A few apps worked well... But I tried the Launcher script and "save" worked fine, but the restore ONLY backed up the user dock positions file. None of the launchpoints or db file was restore. I am not near a computer so can't get you any more details right now, but will see what I can get later tonight
    I probably am not handling the new SUBDIR stuff properly with the zipping and unzipping.

I'll take a look at it tonight.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    If I can help in any way to get the apps I previously listed added let me know. I've not done scripting before so I will have to look at the previously posted instructions. At least until we can find a dev to help us automate the process more. I put a call out to all my friends that we are looking. I know several of them are programmers and others are in IT so hopefully they will have read my post and will pass the word along to their coworkers. I made sure to include it is an open source project so they don't think it is a job offer.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I'm grateful for the great work from WebOS Internals!

I just had my Pre Plus replaced (AT&T) and was trying to do everything I could to make full restore as possible as I could, such as make PC copies of all Pre files and folders via USB. I found first off with straight Palm Profile restore that the wifi keys aren't restored, nor messaging history.

I hadn't yet found this app, and having found it, I see that "Memos and Messaging application data can not be restored at this time." I was curious if anyone was working on that and if so, had a guess at ETA...

Also - Wifi keys: is there a way to restore them? Are they with this app, and if not, have any direction on where to look or how to do it if possible?
    Thanks!
    I just copied the saverestore folder to my usb drive after a visit to the doctor. After reloading preware and Save/Restore, I cannot get the app to recognize the restore data. What should I do?

I added the webos-internals-testing feed to Preware, but I cannot find 0.9.0.....

Quote Originally Posted by bjshedwick View Post
    I added the webos-internals-testing feed to Preware, but I cannot find 0.9.0.....
    From your PC, you can go to http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-...testing/armv7/ to find archived versions. here is the actual link location: http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-..._0.9.0_arm.ipk

you need to uninstall Save/Restore from your Pre, download this IPK above to your PC, and then use webOS Quick Install to manually install v0.9.0

try that!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  9.    #369  
    From your PC, you can go to [url] to find archived versions. here is the actual link location: [url]

you need to uninstall Save/Restore from your Pre, download this IPK above to your PC, and then use webOS Quick Install to manually install v0.9.0

try that!
    I suspect he's looking for the latest testing feed version, not 0.9.0 specifically.

I wouldn't recommend grabbing ipks manually if this is what he is after.

-- Rod
    Now that we have a few Script developers (and if you want to get in, look for my walk-thru a few posts back), I would like to propose a process where we pick up App requests, specifically apps that have a bounty attached to them (in order to not cause any duplicate work, or to have multiple people buy an app, but only one gets the bounty).

For any app request, I would like to propose a "1 hour rule", where any script-writer can call "dibs" on a request by posting in this forum with their intention to work on the script. That gives them 1 hour to do what they need to write up the script and post it back in the forums. This should be plenty of time for a single app. If, after one hour, there is no word from the person who called "dibs", it gets opened up again and anyone else can jump in.

This will be an honor-system type agreement, but I think this is the fairest way to manage this. thoughts?

if nobody has any objections, I would ask Rod to update the first post with the "1 hour rule" info

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  11.    #371  
    rod - did some prelim testing. A few apps worked well... But I tried the Launcher script and "save" worked fine, but the restore ONLY backed up the user dock positions file. None of the launchpoints or db file was restore. I am not near a computer so can't get you any more details right now, but will see what I can get later tonight
    There's a new version in the testing feed which fixes this.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I suspect he's looking for the latest testing feed version, not 0.9.0 specifically.

I wouldn't recommend grabbing ipks manually if this is what he is after.

-- Rod
    actually, he was looking for an older version. he did a "save" with v0.9.0, doctored his phone, and then tried a restore but the app was only picking up 2 of his 12 restores... so, i suggested that he should try to do a "restore" with the same version that he did the "save", which was 0.9.0

Adam

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    There's a new version in the testing feed which fixes this.

-- Rod
    yup...did some prelim testing, and so far so good! great job!

Like any of my work:
    If I delete an app from my phone (one for which there is a Save-Restore backup), how does Save-Restore handle that situation?

Does the old backup folder (now in Zip form using the testing feed S-R 0.9.1) stay in place untouched? I assume Yes.

I've removed The Settlers from my Pre since I was running out of room but I don't want to lose my saved progress. (Clearly, i realize if it were erased, I can backup the old backup and manually restore later through a manual process, but I'm thinking it's probably OK with the current design -- just wanted to check first)

Can anyone comment on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    If I delete an app from my phone (one for which there is a Save-Restore backup), how does Save-Restore handle that situation?

Does the old backup folder (now in Zip form using the testing feed S-R 0.9.1) stay in place untouched? I assume Yes.

I've removed The Settlers from my Pre since I was running out of room but I don't want to lose my saved progress. (Clearly, i realize if it were erased, I can backup the old backup and manually restore later through a manual process, but I'm thinking it's probably OK with the current design -- just wanted to check first)

Can anyone comment on this?
    Correct...the only time the app removes a previous-save is when it is doing an updated save for a specific app. So, if you remove the app from your phone, then save/restore will not recognize it as installed, so it won't touch your previous save. does that make sense?

however, you should get in the habit of backing up your "saverestore" folder to your computer on a regular basis. if something happens to your phone (it breaks, you lose it, etc), having the "saverestore" data only on that phone will not really help you! :-) this way, you can be sure you always have the backups you need!

Like any of my work:
    however, you should get in the habit of backing up your "saverestore" folder to your computer on a regular basis. if something happens to your phone (it breaks, you lose it, etc), having the "saverestore" data only on that phone will not really help you! :-) this way, you can be sure you always have the backups you need!
    Thanks. Totally understand and agree. Every Monday am, I sync my full /media/internal (except for the music folder which I have elsewhere in about 4 on site and off site locations) with my PC with an app called GoodSync (which I highly recommend -- I know there are lots out there and everyone has their favorite, but I'm a big fan of Goodsync). I keep about 6 backups: the last 3 weeks and the first week of every month for the prior three months. For those who don't do this already, it's a pretty good habit to get into.

Just finished this week's backup.
    Hi, I'd like to get support for com.outlinetracker.outlinetracker and com.outlinetracker.outlinetrackerfree added to Save/Restore. All data for each app is stored in two standard SQLite databases.
    I am working on a script for Quick Contacts, but I only have the homebrew version. Does anyone have the App Catalog version that they would be willing to do some testing on for me? Please PM me if you are able to help

Thanks
    Adam

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by DougReeder View Post
    Hi, I'd like to get support for com.outlinetracker.outlinetracker and com.outlinetracker.outlinetrackerfree added to Save/Restore. All data for each app is stored in two standard SQLite databases.
    I will work on this now, based on the "free" version. I will post the scripts to both, but would like you to test the "paid" version for me. ok?

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    While I apologize for not having had the time to read up on what's required, I'd be glad to get in contact with someone on this team to bring Radio Hibiki into the Save/Restore fold.

If anyone is managing this process and/or would like to take it on adding RH, please drop me a PM.
    i'll work on this app now... will let you know if i run into any issues

Like any of my work: