Page 15 of 93 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    You are the man! Thanks alot! Hope Rod will add it in..
    You're welcome!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    I do not have the game installed, so if you want to put up a bounty so I (or someone else) can purchase it and create the script, I would be more than happy to try and help

Adam
    I'm up for it. I don't want to play the game again until it is backed up. How do we get the ball rolling?

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I'm up for it. I don't want to play the game again until it is backed up. How do we get the ball rolling?
    Great... i would ask that you just officially post a bounty for the app and indicate the dollar amount so there no confusion... make sense? i should be able to take a shot at writing the script this evening (unless someone beats me to it)
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Great... i would ask that you just officially post a bounty for the app and indicate the dollar amount so there no confusion... make sense? i should be able to take a shot at writing the script this evening (unless someone beats me to it)
    Well the game is $4.99; so I will put up $11 for the double developer fee and taxes. Is that enough, or is more needed?

Well the game is $4.99; so I will put up $11 for the double developer fee and taxes. Is that enough, or is more needed?
    More than enough for me! Downloading the game now! :-)

Like any of my work:
    More than enough for me! Downloading the game now! :-)
    Thanks! I really hope you can build the script. It's a fun GTA-Clone game!

Thanks! I really hope you can build the script. It's a fun GTA-Clone game!
    I think i got it... actually had to learn a few new commands for this one. but, here is the script. Once Rod gets this in the testing feed, we can try it out. If you do not want to take the chance of losing your place, you are more than welcome to do a "save" and then send me those files (I will follow up separately via PM/email). Then, I can report back to you exactly where you were in the game, what accomplishments, etc to prove it worked... let me know what you think

Adam
    Attached Files Attached Files

Like any of my work:
    I think i got it... actually had to learn a few new commands for this one. but, here is the script. Once Rod gets this in the testing feed, we can try it out. If you do not want to take the chance of losing your place, you are more than welcome to do a "save" and then send me those files (I will follow up separately via PM/email). Then, I can report back to you exactly where you were in the game, what accomplishments, etc to prove it worked... let me know what you think

Adam
    That was fast! I was thinking it might be a few days. I really appreciate you making me this script! But as for the game progress; I already lost my place. I had to Doctor my phone yesterday and I lost all of my progress. If I would have noticed that Gangstar wasn't yet in the Save/Restore app, then I would have waited a few days before Doctoring. It's too late now though. At least now hopefully, the Save/Restore app will support the game and I, plus all of the people that play the game, won't ever have to worry about losing the game progress again.

Thanks again!!!

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I accidentally deleted the launcher page which has the apps catalog. Now there is a hole in my First launcher page and the second page starts with the Help app. Is there any way to get back the launcher page that has the apps catalog (and all the other apps on that page)? I don't even remember which apps were on the now missing page...
    Quote Originally Posted by philesk View Post
    I accidentally deleted the launcher page which has the apps catalog. Now there is a hole in my First launcher page and the second page starts with the Help app. Is there any way to get back the launcher page that has the apps catalog (and all the other apps on that page)? I don't even remember which apps were on the now missing page...
    I did something like that when I first started using Preware. Try installing the patch that lets you name the laucher pages. The lost page will hopefully come back up after that. Or at least it did for me. If that doesn't work, you might have to remove all of the patches and start again. Just make sure you remove any Themes first.

Rod or anyone else with more knowledge than me --

I have been doing some digging to try and figure out HOW to backup the icons that have been added to the launcher via the browser "add to launcher" or apps like LaunchPoints or dg Quick Cuts and I think I finally made a huge breakthru...unfortunately, this is WAY beyond my skills to create the backup scripts, but I wanted to see if this data was enough for someone else to create one. And, if you look back a number of posts, there is quite a bounty for this (around $30 or 35, i think). so, let me lay out what I have figured out:

1. In the file "/var/palm/data/Databases.db", there is a row for file_.usr.lib.luna.system.luna-applauncher_0. I have pasted my row below:

Code:
    guid	   origin	name	    displayName	   estimatedSize	   path
    5	file_.usr.lib.luna.system.luna-applauncher_0	paged_launcher_apps	paged_launcher_apps	0	0000000000000005.db
    2. If you look at the "properties" table of /var/palm/data/file_.usr.lib.luna.system.luna-applauncher_0/0000000000000005.db (the DB referenced in #1), I found the entire listing of my icons across my launcher pages. In the extract below, you can clearly see that it goes from app-ids to just strings of numbers... those numbers represents my "add to launcher" icons. I have highlighted a sample one below that I will use throughout my example

Code:
    frowid	value	left	right	name	type
    (Hidden rows that are not relevant here)
    2371	com.sbce.nononsenseweather_default	333	334	69	string
    2371	com.geezernetwork.tmapssubway_default	335	336	70	string
    2371	(container)	194	337	1	array
    2371	209732	339	340	0	string
    2371	18825	341	342	1	string
    2371	171441	343	344	2	string
    2371	137878	345	346	3	string
    3. After much searching, I found a directory called "/var/luna/launchpoints" that had a bunch of files that matched the exact numbers in the DB above..here is a sample of that directory.

Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/var/luna/data/browser/icons# ls -l /var/luna/la
    s
    ls -l /var/luna/launchpoint
    s
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          414 Nov 19  2009 00018825
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          345 Dec 29 15:32 00136201
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          381 Jan  9 00:18 00137878
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          381 Jan  5 18:52 00158699
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          385 May 10 22:59 00171441
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          383 Apr 30 22:28 00209732
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          492 Nov 27  2009 00273016
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          392 Nov 27  2009 00352485
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          361 Nov 19  2009 00366652
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          385 Nov 19  2009 00505179
    4. When I took a look at the file 00018825 and edited it, here is what I found:
    Code:
    { "id": "com.palm.app.browser", "version": "1.0", "appId": "com.palm.app.browser", "vendor": "Palm, Inc.", "vendorUrl": "", "size": 0, "removable": true, "launchPointId": "00018825", "title": "PreCentral Forums", "appmenu": "PreCentral Forums", "icon": "\/var\/luna\/data\/browser\/icons\/icon64-1258647760195.png", "params": { "scene": "page", "url": "http:\/\/m.forums.precentral.net\/search.php?do=getdaily" } }
    5. I looked in the directory /var/luna/data/browser/icons and i did in fact see the icons listed above and when I viewed the pic, it was the in there.
    NOTE: even though the icon referenced above was "icon64-1258647760195.png", I also found a "icon32-1258647760195.png", as well as a bunch of files labeled "thumbnail-########.png", although I could not find the exact numbered thumbnail, it does look like there was one that had the same image as the icons (that was "thumbnail-1258647743248.png")

So, it does seem like I can find the .DB file that references these launcher icons, the location of the text file that identified the website and the icon, and the location of the icon itself...

At this point, do you have enough info to try and built a script, or is this just a bit too complicated?

Also, if I wanted to try and copy/paste and do some testing in the emulator or on my device, is there an easy way to copy an entire directory of files via the command line to my PC? Right now I have been doing this 1-file at a time using webOS Quick Install, but I imagine there much be a better way, right?

Thanks! Please let me know what else you may need or what help may be required to get this done!

Adam

Like any of my work:
  12.    #292  
    Rod or anyone else with more knowledge than me --

I have been doing some digging to try and figure out HOW to backup the icons that have been added to the launcher via the browser "add to launcher" or apps like LaunchPoints or dg Quick Cuts and I think I finally made a huge breakthru...unfortunately, this is WAY beyond my skills to create the backup scripts, but I wanted to see if this data was enough for someone else to create one. And, if you look back a number of posts, there is quite a bounty for this (around $30 or 35, i think). so, let me lay out what I have figured out:

1. In the file "/var/palm/data/Databases.db", there is a row for file_.usr.lib.luna.system.luna-applauncher_0. I have pasted my row below:

Code:
    guid	   origin	name	    displayName	   estimatedSize	   path
    5	file_.usr.lib.luna.system.luna-applauncher_0	paged_launcher_apps	paged_launcher_apps	0	0000000000000005.db
    2. If you look at the "properties" table of /var/palm/data/file_.usr.lib.luna.system.luna-applauncher_0/0000000000000005.db (the DB referenced in #1), I found the entire listing of my icons across my launcher pages. In the extract below, you can clearly see that it goes from app-ids to just strings of numbers... those numbers represents my "add to launcher" icons. I have highlighted a sample one below that I will use throughout my example

Code:
    frowid	value	left	right	name	type
    (Hidden rows that are not relevant here)
    2371	com.sbce.nononsenseweather_default	333	334	69	string
    2371	com.geezernetwork.tmapssubway_default	335	336	70	string
    2371	(container)	194	337	1	array
    2371	209732	339	340	0	string
    2371	18825	341	342	1	string
    2371	171441	343	344	2	string
    2371	137878	345	346	3	string
    3. After much searching, I found a directory called "/var/luna/launchpoints" that had a bunch of files that matched the exact numbers in the DB above..here is a sample of that directory.

Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/var/luna/data/browser/icons# ls -l /var/luna/la
    s
    ls -l /var/luna/launchpoint
    s
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          414 Nov 19  2009 00018825
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          345 Dec 29 15:32 00136201
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          381 Jan  9 00:18 00137878
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          381 Jan  5 18:52 00158699
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          385 May 10 22:59 00171441
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          383 Apr 30 22:28 00209732
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          492 Nov 27  2009 00273016
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          392 Nov 27  2009 00352485
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          361 Nov 19  2009 00366652
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root          385 Nov 19  2009 00505179
    4. When I took a look at the file 00018825 and edited it, here is what I found:
    Code:
    { "id": "com.palm.app.browser", "version": "1.0", "appId": "com.palm.app.browser", "vendor": "Palm, Inc.", "vendorUrl": "", "size": 0, "removable": true, "launchPointId": "00018825", "title": "PreCentral Forums", "appmenu": "PreCentral Forums", "icon": "\/var\/luna\/data\/browser\/icons\/icon64-1258647760195.png", "params": { "scene": "page", "url": "http:\/\/m.forums.precentral.net\/search.php?do=getdaily" } }
    5. I looked in the directory /var/luna/data/browser/icons and i did in fact see the icons listed above and when I viewed the pic, it was the in there.
    NOTE: even though the icon referenced above was "icon64-1258647760195.png", I also found a "icon32-1258647760195.png", as well as a bunch of files labeled "thumbnail-########.png", although I could not find the exact numbered thumbnail, it does look like there was one that had the same image as the icons (that was "thumbnail-1258647743248.png")

So, it does seem like I can find the .DB file that references these launcher icons, the location of the text file that identified the website and the icon, and the location of the icon itself...

At this point, do you have enough info to try and built a script, or is this just a bit too complicated?

Also, if I wanted to try and copy/paste and do some testing in the emulator or on my device, is there an easy way to copy an entire directory of files via the command line to my PC? Right now I have been doing this 1-file at a time using webOS Quick Install, but I imagine there much be a better way, right?

Thanks! Please let me know what else you may need or what help may be required to get this done!

Adam
    Looks like an srf.app.databases and two srf.app.files with wildcards should do it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Looks like an srf.app.databases and two srf.app.files with wildcards should do it.

-- Rod
    Hmmm... I may need to leave this one to the Master... not sure I am ready for this one yet... I may try a few things on the emulator first, but not so sure!

Adam

Like any of my work:
    Hmmm... I may need to leave this one to the Master... not sure I am ready for this one yet... I may try a few things on the emulator first, but not so sure!

Adam
    Rod --
    OMG...I think i did it... can you take a look yourself and let me know what you think? I tested this on the emulator and it seemed to work PERFECTLY!!!!!!! Note that this REPLACES the existing Launcher script

Also, I have attached an extra script for Cloud Hopper.

Let me know if you want me to try and upload this via GIT again (even though we still have that issue with the "executable" permissions being set), or if you want to just take it from here

Thanks again for all your help

Adam
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Audemars02; 06/11/2010 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Added updated Launcher script

Like any of my work:
  15.    #295  
    Rod --
    OMG...I think i did it... can you take a look yourself and let me know what you think? I tested this on the emulator and it seemed to work PERFECTLY!!!!!!! Note that this REPLACES the existing Launcher script

Also, I have attached an extra script for Cloud Hopper.

Let me know if you want me to try and upload this via GIT again (even though we still have that issue with the "executable" permissions being set), or if you want to just take it from here

Thanks again for all your help

Adam
    The Force is strong with this one ...

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Save/Restore 0.8.3 in the testing feed.

Applications: Cloud Hopper
    Also, now supports Add-to-Launcher icons (e.g. browser, launchpoints, contacts)

Please test the above scripts and let us know what you find. As I did not have the launchpoints app, I was not able to test for it, but that should work the same as the others.

NOTE: Please be patient with the launcher "save" and "restore". if you have a lot of icons, this can take a while. I have over a dozen and it took my over a minute to "save" them all

NOTE 2: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Testing_Feeds

NOTE 3: looks like 0.8.3 has a bug in the launcher support, but only if you do NOT have any icons for a Contact, Browser site, or shortcut (launchpoints / dg quick cuts). For a workaround, see post #307 (http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...=1#post2506378)

Thanks
    Adam
    Last edited by Audemars02; 06/13/2010 at 08:04 PM.

Like any of my work:
    Save/Restore 0.8.3 in the testing feed.

Applications: Cloud Hopper
    Also, now supports Add-to-Launcher icons (e.g. browser, launchpoints, contacts)

Please test the above scripts and let us know what you find. As I did not have the launchpoints app, I was not able to test for it, but that should work the same as the others.

NOTE: Please be patient with the launcher "save" and "restore". if you have a lot of icons, this can take a while. I have over a dozen and it took my over a minute to "save" them all

NOTE 2: Anyone interested in getting access to the testing feed, follow the instructions here: Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals

Thanks
    Adam
    Adam, if these scripts work properly, does it mean they could restore the way my apps & launchpoints are organized on my launcher pages after visiting the Doctor? I have separate pages for contacts, apps, games, utilities, etc. If so, this would be too cool because reorganizing my launcher pages after doctoring is EXTREMELY time consuming for me!
  18.    #298  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Adam, if these scripts work properly, does it mean they could restore the way my apps & launchpoints are organized on my launcher pages after visiting the Doctor? I have separate pages for contacts, apps, games, utilities, etc. If so, this would be too cool because reorganizing my launcher pages after doctoring is EXTREMELY time consuming for me!
    That is exactly what they are designed to do. Test them out and let us know if they work.

-- Rod
    That's fantastic! Unfortunately, I just doctored my phone right before these new scripts were posted. How do you suggest I test them?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    That's fantastic! Unfortunately, I just doctored my phone right before these new scripts were posted. How do you suggest I test them?
    one easy way is to create a bunch of launchpoints, add some browser sites to your launcher, etc... Then, take a "save" of the launcher in the save/restore app. Go to the launcher and then delete some of those, move some around, and even add a few more.

then, restore via save/restore and then immediately do a luna restart. At that point, everything SHOULD be back to how it was (and any new ones you added since the save should show up on the bottom of the first launcher page).

I don't have launchpoints so I couldn't test that... Please let me know if it works out for you!

adam