Page 13 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182363 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Thanks... 2 quick followups:

1) aside from using Internalz and going file by file (the only way i know how right now), whats the best way to get a list of files with timestamps? i imagine there is a simple command via command line, right?!

2) cool...and how exactly do I make sure it is executable (chmod ugo+x file)?

thanks again..and sorry if these are very basic questions!
    Adam
    1) Yep, "ls -l <directory>"

2) same command in the /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore directory

Take a look at Basic Linux Use - WebOS Internals too ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post

-- Rod
    Perfect! That is exactly what I needed to know... and I didn't even think to look on the webosinternal site for basic linux commands, or even do a google search... my stupidity..

Thanks again for all your help!
    Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:

-- Rod
    Rod -- so i took your advice and tried to do this on my own, but it doesn't seem to be working. Here is what I did:

1. In the command prompt, I did a review of the files and what has changed... the output of "ls -l /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.glu.app.transg1/transg1" gave me:
    Code:
    ls -l /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.glu.app.transg1/transg1
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          164 May 18 21:15 hs.dat
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           16 May 18 21:15 prefs.dat
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1692 May 21 15:06 savegame.dat
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      7237436 May  4 16:20 transg1.big
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      1766169 May  4 16:20 transg1.exe
    2. So, I modified an existing script and created this:
    Filename: com.glu.app.transg1
    Contents:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="Transformers G1"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info

SRCDIR="$APPDIR/transg1"
    FILES="savegame.dat hs.dat prefs.dat"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.files

exit 0
    3. Using webOS QI, I sent this file to "/var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/"

4. Using the command prompt, I ran "chmod ugo+x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.glu.app.transg1"

5. I loaded up Save/restore, it said "loading archive data" but then nothing... everything stayed greyed out and I could never get a chance to try out my script. Once I removed the file and reopened Save/Restore, it worked fine.

I even tried a "luna restart" to see if that made a difference, but it didn't. any thoughts?

Thanks!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  4.    #244  
    Rod -- so i took your advice and tried to do this on my own, but it doesn't seem to be working. Here is what I did:

1. In the command prompt, I did a review of the files and what has changed... the output of "ls -l /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.glu.app.transg1/transg1" gave me:
    Code:
    ls -l /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.glu.app.transg1/transg1
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          164 May 18 21:15 hs.dat
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root           16 May 18 21:15 prefs.dat
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1692 May 21 15:06 savegame.dat
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       May  4 16:20 transg1.big
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       May  4 16:20 transg1.exe
    2. So, I modified an existing script and created this:
    Filename: com.glu.app.transg1
    Contents:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="Transformers G1"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info

SRCDIR="$APPDIR/transg1"
    FILES="savegame.dat hs.dat prefs.dat"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.files

exit 0
    3. Using webOS QI, I sent this file to "/var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/"

4. Using the command prompt, I ran "chmod ugo+x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.glu.app.transg1"

5. I loaded up Save/restore, it said "loading archive data" but then nothing... everything stayed greyed out and I could never get a chance to try out my script. Once I removed the file and reopened Save/Restore, it worked fine.

I even tried a "luna restart" to see if that made a difference, but it didn't. any thoughts?

Thanks!
    You're 99% there, and are in the final debugging mile now.

You need to run the script on the command line with 'info', 'save', or 'restore' arguments, and I suspect you will see some error reported by the script.

You can also run 'dbus-util --capture saverestore' to see all the information being passed between the service and app.

Can you attach your actual file to a post here, and also give the output of ls -l on the /var/svc/saverestore directory?

-- Rod
    You're 99% there, and are in the final debugging mile now.

You need to run the script on the command line with 'info', 'save', or 'restore' arguments, and I suspect you will see some error reported by the script.

You can also run 'dbus-util --capture saverestore' to see all the information being passed between the service and app.

-- Rod
    Ok... I understand what that means, but not to sound like a broken record, how do you actually run the script? hopefully this is the last question I have... any FYI... once I get this working, I am going to send over my "bounty" that I put up for this program to you for probably spending more time walking me thru it than if you actually did it yourself... of course, once I get this, I could probably do a bunch more on my own..

Thanks, as always!

Like any of my work:
  6.    #246  
    Ok... I understand what that means, but not to sound like a broken record, how do you actually run the script? hopefully this is the last question I have... any FYI... once I get this working, I am going to send over my "bounty" that I put up for this program to you for probably spending more time walking me thru it than if you actually did it yourself... of course, once I get this, I could probably do a bunch more on my own..

Thanks, as always!
    sh -x script args

Getting others able to do this is the whole point of explaining it here - being the person asking the new developer questions is more valuable than the bounty

-- Rod
    sh -x script args

Getting others able to do this is the whole point of explaining it here - being the person asking the new developer questions is more valuable than the bounty

-- Rod
    so for "com.glu.app.transg1, would that then translate to:

sh -x com.glu.app.transg1 info
    or
    sh -x com.glu.app.transg1 save
    or
    sh -x com.glu.app.transg1 restore

?

EDIT: nevermind, I tried "sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.glu.app.deer3d info" (for an app i know already works) and got that to work... however, when I tried to do it with the transg1, here is what I got:

Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/# sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.glu.
    app.transg1 info
    sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.glu.
    app.transg1 info
    +
    : not foundg.webosinternals.saverestore/com.glu.app.transg1: line 1:
    + basename /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.glu.app.transg1
    + APPID=com.glu.app.transg1
    + APPNAME=Transformers G1
    +
    + dirname /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.glu.app.transg1
    + source /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.info
    /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.glu.app.transg1: source: line 1: can
    't open /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.info
    Any ideas why that would happen?

Thanks!
    Adam
    Last edited by Audemars02; 05/30/2010 at 09:29 PM.

Like any of my work:
  8.    #248  
    so for "com.glu.app.transg1, would that then translate to:

sh -x com.glu.app.transg1 info
    or
    sh -x com.glu.app.transg1 save
    or
    sh -x com.glu.app.transg1 restore

?

EDIT: nevermind, I tried "sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.glu.app.deer3d info" (for an app i know already works) and got that to work... however, when I tried to do it with the transg1, here is what I got:

Code:
    root@palm-webos-device:/# sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.glu.
    app.transg1 info
    sh -x /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.glu.
    app.transg1 info
    +
    + basename /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.glu.app.transg1
    + APPID=com.glu.app.transg1
    + APPNAME=Transformers G1
    +
    + dirname /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.glu.app.transg1
    + source /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.info
    /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.glu.app.transg1: source: line 1: can
    't open /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/srf.app.info
    Any ideas why that would happen?

Thanks!
    Adam
    Do you have DOS line endings instead of Linux line endings or something?

What is the output of:

hexdump -C /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/com.glu.app.transg1

?

Update: the problem was line endings. Save/Restore scripts need to have Linux line endings, not DOS/Windows line endings.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 05/31/2010 at 12:05 AM.
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Rod -- got it to work... here are 2 scripts for :

1) Transformers G1
    2) WOG Card Keeper

I will probably go through a bunch more programs over the next few days, but these were my first!

Adam
    Attached Files Attached Files

Like any of my work:
  10.    #250  

1) Transformers G1
    2) WOG Card Keeper

I will probably go through a bunch more programs over the next few days, but these were my first!

Adam
    Congratulations, you are now a certified Save/Restore script developer

-- Rod
  11.    #251  

1) Transformers G1
    2) WOG Card Keeper

Adam
    Save/Restore 0.7.7 with these two scripts included is now in the testing feed.

-- Rod
    Congratulations, you are now a certified Save/Restore script developer

-- Rod
    Rod -- Thanks... and to celebrate, here are 6 more:

The Helicopter Game
    Pack n Track
    Pribbage
    Roll Quest
    Top Stocks (paid)
    Whendle

I think I am getting the hang of this! :-) Thanks again for all your help!

Adam

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I love Bubble Puzzle so much that I am willing to up the bounty to $10!

Any takers?
    Here is the script for Bubble Puzzle... it seemed to work for me, although for some reason i had to do a luna restart after the restore before it would show..not sure why. i want to do some more tests to figure that part out. (Rod -- any idea why that is?)

but, it seems to work. Once Rod gets this into the tool, try it out and let me know if it works for you. If it does, I can then give you my link to send over the bounty!

Adam

Like any of my work:
    Is there any way to test the Bubble Puzzle script without having to delete the app first? I am very concerned about losing my game data. I am very close to beating all 85+ levels and I'd hate to have it reset and have to start all over!

If it works, I'll GLADLY send over the $10 bounty!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Is there any way to test the Bubble Puzzle script without having to delete the app first? I am very concerned about losing my game data. I am very close to beating all 85+ levels and I'd hate to have it reset and have to start all over!

If it works, I'll GLADLY send over the $10 bounty!!!
    You have a couple options, once Rod updates the App for the new scripts:

1) You can do a "save" and then send me the saved files and I can try to restore on my phone and can report back. If you want to do this, send me a PM and I will give you my email address to send the files

2) you can do a Save, and then try to beat one more level, and then go back and restore. If it wipes out the progress of that last level, you know it worked!

It may be safer to just send me your saved files to test, just to prevent anything accidentally messing up your progress!

let me know!

Like any of my work:
    Howdy all,
    After almost losing my timetracker-full data (thanks to Dr Tilmann Bubeck at reinform for help), I was wondering why it wasn't being saved with Save/Restore, and noticed that there wasn't a script for it (although there was for TimeTracker and TimeTracker-Beta).

So I've modified the TimeTracker script for the full version and have attached here. Please remove the .txt extension at the end (needed for upload).

hope this helps someone else out there from potential disaster.

Dave
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I cant seem to find out how to restore to a new device (another Sprint pre.....)
    Anyone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shineon View Post
    I cant seem to find out how to restore to a new device (another Sprint pre.....)
    Anyone?
    You did copy the save/restore file of your old pre to your pc?
    Install preware, then save/restore. Copy the usb file of save/restore to your new pre. Then go into the save/restore app and you will see the data that you can restore.
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Install preware, then save/restore. Copy the usb file of save/restore to your new pre. Then go into the save/restore app and you will see the data that you can restore.
    That's assuming I saved the file from the save/restore app on my pc......wow, I suck!
    I do have an older save.....
    Thanks Pip
    You have a couple options, once Rod updates the App for the new scripts:

1) You can do a "save" and then send me the saved files and I can try to restore on my phone and can report back. If you want to do this, send me a PM and I will give you my email address to send the files

2) you can do a Save, and then try to beat one more level, and then go back and restore. If it wipes out the progress of that last level, you know it worked!

It may be safer to just send me your saved files to test, just to prevent anything accidentally messing up your progress!

let me know!
    How will I know when Rod has updated the app to support Bubble Puzzle? Do I just keep checking every day until it is listed under Supported Apps?