Page 11 of 93 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by the2ndflood View Post
    I had to Doctor my phone over the weekend and now I can't get the Themes within Preware to list anymore.
    Did you try this yet?....

Themes (prethemer, precentral themes) feeds are now disabled by default. Go into manage feeds and turn them on, then update feeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Did you try this yet?....

Themes (prethemer, precentral themes) feeds are now disabled by default. Go into manage feeds and turn them on, then update feeds.
    I have the Themer feeds on, but I still can't get the Themes to list.

Update: Nevermind, I got it. Once I toggled the switch a few times, the Themes came back. Thanks for your help!

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Deer Hunter restore works great now! Thanks! Who/where do I need to send the bounty to?

Also, I have been unable to backup the "mail lists" app data. Every time the save/restore gets to it, it just passes it and I get a "Archive not saved" message. any idea what is going on?

thanks
    Adam
    Rod -- reminder per my "quote" above, plus a few new ones:

1. Deer Hunter works. Where do I send the $2 bounty to?
    2. Mail List does not work
    3. I would like to add a $2 bounty for Transformers, now that its on sale for 99 cents in the App Catalog
    4. I want to report a slightly annoying bug in Save/Restore. Often, when I load up the app, i get the notification that it's "Loading archive data...", but then nothing happens...it just sits there. If I select "Preferences" in the dropdown menu, and then just back-swipe, it says "Loading archive data..." again and this time I get the counts for the "save", "restore" and "supporting" lists and those become clickable. Does that make sense? I am running 1.4.1.1 on a Sprint Pre

Thanks again!
    Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  4.    #204  
    Rod -- reminder per my "quote" above, plus a few new ones:

1. Deer Hunter works. Where do I send the $2 bounty to?
    2. Mail List does not work
    3. I would like to add a $2 bounty for Transformers, now that its on sale for 99 cents in the App Catalog
    4. I want to report a slightly annoying bug in Save/Restore. Often, when I load up the app, i get the notification that it's "Loading archive data...", but then nothing happens...it just sits there. If I select "Preferences" in the dropdown menu, and then just back-swipe, it says "Loading archive data..." again and this time I get the counts for the "save", "restore" and "supporting" lists and those become clickable. Does that make sense? I am running 1.4.1.1 on a Sprint Pre

Thanks again!
    Adam
    1. I added Deer Hunter support.
    2. Please try version 0.7.5

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5.    #205  
    Save/Restore 0.7.5 is released.

Applications: MapTool, Just Pong, Match This, Consumption Calculator, UberRadio, Soccer 2010, TravelGuide, Wikay, OGCOpenInfo, My webOS Apps, FreeWeather (all courtesy of MetaView).
    Improved Mail Lists support.

I'm really pleased that MetaView is now up and running with Save/Restore development. Hopefully he will take on some of the outstanding bounties

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    1. I added Deer Hunter support.
    2. Please try version 0.7.5

-- Rod
    What is your donation link? want to make sure you get it, and not the general webosinternals link

thanks again
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
  7.    #207  
    What is your donation link? want to make sure you get it, and not the general webosinternals link

thanks again
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ton_id=9044086

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Sent you the $2 bounty! Thanks again!

Like any of my work:
    Rod, we would like to contribute support for our Sports Live! apps:
    • Baseball Live!
    • Basketball Live!
    • Hockey Live!

The scripts are in the attached zip file. Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sports Live!: info | download
    Market Pulse HD: info | download

Follow us on Twitter: @MoreSolApps / @SportsLiveApps / @MarketPulseApp / @MoreStocks
    Find us on Facebook
    Let me start by thanking the save/restore and preware developers. This is a really cool capability. I just had to replace my Pre+, so I thought I'd try this to migrate to the new phone. I deleted all of my 3-D games and such to avoid overheating,etc. BTW, I learned that installing apps really heats up the 3G radio fast, so I ended up doing almost all of it over wifi with the 3G radio turned off, and the phone sitting in front of a desk fan.

I did all the backup/copy/etc. I probably got 40% success in restoring automatically, then I just went down the list in preware and installed one at a time. Still way faster because it at least gave me a list of what I had on the other phone. Here is what I thought might be useful to users and/or developers:

1) It wants to install everything in alphabetical order, rather than the order I installed them originally. It seemed to create some conflicts, or perhaps need a Luna restart after certain installs. Couldn't see a pattern, but I would assume that chronological order would be better than alphabetical.

2) Any time it hit an app that didn't have an active feed (and at least one where it did) the process would hang up. Several times it went for hours before I noticed it... I wish it would know to skip those apps, or time out and move past, etc. All I had to do was delete the app from the list, and restart the process. A few times it took a luna restart (or did a restart on it's own), and restarting Preware seemed to be needed most of the time. Probably 10-12 items behaved like this. I wish I had written them down but at the time I was still trying to figure out what was happening...

3) UberKernel was actually the biggest challenge. The phone came with 1.4.0, so I had just updated it to 1.4.1.1 before starting the restore. The Uberkernel icon was on a launcher page, but I had read that was ok. It hung up and wouldn't let things move forward even when I deleted it from the launcher, and the Preware list. Eventually I had to go in from my PC and delete it from the sub-folder in the save/restore folder, restart, and then it moved ahead.

Eventually I found it easier to just open the restore list, tap each item, tap install, and then move down the list. But I was almost halfway through 50+ patches and an untold number of other homebrew stuff, so it only took about an hour to finish, and another 30 minutes to figure out what I had deleted by scrolling through the original list on my old phone... There were a few that refuse to install now, like the mix patch for the launcher menu. Not sure what it is conflicting with. It worked before, which is why I wonder about the alphabetical re-install.

I hope this is useful. If anyone has any ideas about what I did wrong, I still have my last phone and I could actually try it in reverse before I send it back...

Brew On!!
    PS, I was bummed that drPodder didn't resotore my podcast feeds. All of the podcast I take are not in the catalog, so I have to put each of them in manually. I end up sending myself a txt message with the URLs, and then doing cut/paste to avoid typos. But, it takes a long time for my chubby fingers to get it right.

Edit: I finally got the export feature in drPodder to work so I could just copy the xml file over. Not sure why that was needed... but it worked.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/20/2010 at 03:32 PM.
    Is anyone else seeing the following:
    1. I have seen multiple times that it does not load the saved data on first load, if I go into the preferences or help and come back, then it loads,
    2. One time it loaded all saved data twice, so i actually had 9 saved items, and it showed me 18, 2 for each one, each dupe had the same data

Each time, I would try to restart it, or go to Pref/Help and come back and it would work.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    1. I have seen multiple times that it does not load the saved data on first load, if I go into the preferences or help and come back, then it loads,
    2. One time it loaded all saved data twice, so i actually had 9 saved items, and it showed me 18, 2 for each one, each dupe had the same data

Each time, I would try to restart it, or go to Pref/Help and come back and it would work.
    I've found the best method is to run the app that you will be restoring, so any app setup can be completed. Then the restore will overwrite that data.

Restore to DrPodder failed until I ran it the first time, then restored.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  14.    #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post

Mike
    Yeah, it's a known problem. Don't have a fix yet.

-- Rod
    I'd like to add a $2 bounty for Bubble Puzzle. I've gotten really far in this game and do not want to start over when I doctor my phone! Any takers? PLEASE!
    Does Save/Restore touch Sprint Nav at all?
  17.    #217  
    Quote Originally Posted by lcars123 View Post
    Does Save/Restore touch Sprint Nav at all?
    No.

-- Rod
    Hmmmm. Strange. I'm having a problem that others have reported and the only thing I can think of is that Save/Restore or Pre Backup Utility is causing the problem. Unless copying over the USB data would cause it but I'm doubtful at this time.

I have had this problem after a Dr. and then restoring my data and programs.

Typically what "should" happen after a Dr. the first time you launch sprint nav it should ask you to enter your first and last name and email address.

After the Dr. and subsequent restore using both of these programs it doesn't ask you to enter your name like it and starts getting the errors listed in the threads below.

See:
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...orruption.html

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...gps-error.html

Rod do you know anyway to reinstall the Sprint Nav without having to Dr. i.e. pull it from the Dr. image?
  19.    #219  
    Quote Originally Posted by lcars123 View Post
    Hmmmm. Strange. I'm having a problem that others have reported and the only thing I can think of is that Save/Restore or Pre Backup Utility is causing the problem. Unless copying over the USB data would cause it but I'm doubtful at this time.

I have had this problem after a Dr. and then restoring my data and programs.

Typically what "should" happen after a Dr. the first time you launch sprint nav it should ask you to enter your first and last name and email address.

After the Dr. and subsequent restore using both of these programs it doesn't ask you to enter your name like it and starts getting the errors listed in the threads below.

See:
    [url]

[url]

Rod do you know anyway to reinstall the Sprint Nav without having to Dr. i.e. pull it from the Dr. image?
    I would look closely at the Pre Backup Utility, because it does not do guaranteed safe restores. It puts back complete database files without regard for unique id numbers changing in the records. For this reason I do not recommend using it except in extreme circumstances where you will otherwise irretrievably lose data.

-- Rod
    I had a feeling it was Pre Backup Utility but the developer says it doesn't touch Sprint Nav either.

Could I use Jason's Repair Utility to restore Sprint Nav from the Dr. image? Do you know the path where Sprint Nav is stored or point me in the direction of how to determine it.