Page 10 of 93 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Per my earlier posting, this is not complete. The only thing that seemed to have been saved was my current "High Score". After deleting the program and restoring my data, the following things did NOT backup:
    1. Profile Data: Skills, Achievements, Trophy Wall.
    2. Unlocked levels, difficulty and weapons
    Hmm - it must use different file names for different users or something.

Can you provide an ls -lR of the application directory ?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Thanks Rod, I'll test out Bible Reader KJV and donate the bounty after testing. Btw, I've also ran into the issue the above user is describing.. it'll get halfway down my list backing up.. and then just stop at saving.. but I've found if I hit the saving... button, it usually will startup again and finish.. sorta odd..
    Yeah, there's definitely some Heisenbug going on there. Does it always stop on the same package ?

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Yeah, there's definitely some Heisenbug going on there. Does it always stop on the same package ?

-- Rod
    I noticed the same thing, but by disabling the backup of Epocrates, the issue went away. Just fyi.
    For me, Epocrates and Fliq Notes are the hang ups. Tried dscott's suggestion and de-selected Epocrates and all would go through with the note 'archive not saved' underneath the Fliq Notes. If I leave Epocrates selected, it hangs.
  5.    #185  
    Per my earlier posting, this is not complete. The only thing that seemed to have been saved was my current "High Score". After deleting the program and restoring my data, the following things did NOT backup:
    1. Profile Data: Skills, Achievements, Trophy Wall.
    2. Unlocked levels, difficulty and weapons

So, this basically started me all the way at the beginning, just with my "current score". :-(
    Please test Save/Restore 0.7.4 - 0.7.2 was missing one file from Deer Hunter 3D.

-- Rod
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelaw View Post
    Since updating to the new version of Save/Restore, I have not been able to get it to 'save' the button turns to "saving..." but just stays there. did a Luna restart, and same thing. did a full restart, and same thing. It has allways worked for me and worked well. after sittiing that way for a minute or so, the buttons finally start flipping to off, all except fliq notes (archive not saved underneath) and Epocrates, and the button still says 'saving...' Not sure what else to do. LIke I said, this is the first time this has happened.

*edit*
    restarts, and uninstal/reinstall, etc. have not helped, same deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Thanks Rod, I'll test out Bible Reader KJV and donate the bounty after testing. Btw, I've also ran into the issue the above user is describing.. it'll get halfway down my list backing up.. and then just stop at saving.. but I've found if I hit the saving... button, it usually will startup again and finish.. sorta odd..
    These should be fixed in 0.7.4 (just released). Garbage collection was killing the request, so I've now applied the same robustification that Preware has for the fixing unknown packages functionality.

-- Rod
  7.    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by LateNiteWithJme View Post
    Any chance in adding Hero Of Sparta support? Thanks for a kick-*** app guys!
    I suspect you'll need to put up a bounty for that one.

-- Rod
    These should be fixed in 0.7.4 (just released). Garbage collection was killing the request, so I've now applied the same robustification that Preware has for the fixing unknown packages functionality.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod, you guys are as always, fantastic! Another donation comming your way!

-- Rod
    Yep, mine went all the way through this time correctly! You rock Rod! Thanks!
    Bible Reader KJV added in 0.7.1, please test and report if the bounty is satisfied.
    Tested this out this morning and it worked perfectly! All my highlights and notes appear to be restored. Thanks so much Rod! Just satisfied the bounty. Confirmation number: 89P66103H8502760M.
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Came to ask a question and figured it out right before I did. Got a refurb Pre yesterday, just got around to putting my save/restore backups on to it right now. It wasn't restoring DrPodder or NewsRoom. The problem was I had never opened either app on this phone because I was waiting to restore them. Had to open each first, then close them, then do restore.

Works great, excellent work.
    Please test Save/Restore 0.7.4 - 0.7.2 was missing one file from Deer Hunter 3D.

-- Rod
    Deer Hunter restore works great now! Thanks! Who/where do I need to send the bounty to?

Also, I have been unable to backup the "mail lists" app data. Every time the save/restore gets to it, it just passes it and I get a "Archive not saved" message. any idea what is going on?

thanks
    Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Rob, are there plans to include LaunchPoint to the list of programs? That would be real nice, since inserting ALL the speed dial buttons is a drag...

Thanks for all the great programs you and your team have contributed to the community.
    How do we test scripts for this? I've tried replacing scripts.tgz with a new one including a script for my app. It doesn't show up in the list. I'm wondering if it pulls down the latest archive each time.

Word Whirl just has DB and Cookies, so I assume:

#!/bin/sh

APPID=`basename $0`
    APPNAME="Word Whirl"

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.info

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.databases

source `dirname $0`/srf.app.cookies

exit 0
    is all I need, named: com.sachersoft.wordwhirl
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafanton View Post
    Rob, are there plans to include LaunchPoint to the list of programs? That would be real nice, since inserting ALL the speed dial buttons is a drag...

Thanks for all the great programs you and your team have contributed to the community.

Note that there is an existing $30 bounty for this type of thing. While I was specifically asking for the web 'add to launcher' icons, LaunchPoint would fall under the same resolution. Any interest in adding to the bounty?

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2398866

Adam
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    Note that there is an existing $30 bounty for this type of thing. While I was specifically asking for the web 'add to launcher' icons, LaunchPoint would fall under the same resolution. Any interest in adding to the bounty?

[url]

Adam
    Just wanted to pop in and say that I am still monitoring this thread and still have my $5 part of this bounty waiting for the "Add to launcher" addittion to Save/Restore.

-Kevin
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I was stung by today's 'cat'astrophy. I lost all my messaging history. But I do have them backed up from 2 days before.

Assuming there is no way to MANUALLY use these html backup files, I was wondering, if I hang on to the html files as my messaging history up to today, when the save/restore app matures to have the ability to restore messaging, could the back up files I have be used to append to the new messaging history created from today forward?

This is sort of like cryogenics, for the Pre.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Is there anyway you can add support for the Net2Streams app? I would take part in the donation fee used to get a developer on board. Maybe even SprintTV? The SprintTV isn't the biggest deal, but it would be nice to have a backup of all my favorite channels and shows.

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel

Rod,

Any chance that save/restore can save the feeds list within Preware as well? Adding back in all of the custom feeds after visiting El Doctair can be tedious.

Much appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh20 View Post
    Rod,

Any chance that save/restore can save the feeds list within Preware as well? Adding back in all of the custom feeds after visiting El Doctair can be tedious.

Much appreciated!
    Yeah I would like this as well. I had to Doctor my phone over the weekend and now I can't get the Themes within Preware to list anymore. So it would be nice to have this option.

This app did come in handy after I Doctored my Pre. Now I can play all of my game again; without having to start from scratch! So I am going to send you another donation, because this app is so mega useful! I don't know what I would do without it!!!

Carrier: Sprint
    Device: Palm Pre
    Favorite App: NesEm
    Favorite Modification: UberKernel