1.    #1  
    Hi, I'm trying to install WIDK according to the tutorial at webos-internals.org, but I get a compilation error at the step "make stage".
    In the directory
    "./cross-compile/packages/evas/build/src/src/modules/loaders/png"
    I get the error
    "./cross-compile/toolchain/arm-2007q3/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld: cannot find -lpng12"
    but according to synaptics(on my Ubuntu 9.10 Desktop System) I have installed "libpng12-0" and "libpng12-dev" in the version "1.2.37-1".
    Compilation with "g++ -lpng12 test.cpp" with a simple helloworld-program works fine.
    Is there anyone who has an idea what could be wrong here?
    Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seddy View Post
    Hi, I'm trying to install WIDK according to the tutorial at webos-internals.org, but I get a compilation error at the step "make stage".
    In the directory
    "./cross-compile/packages/evas/build/src/src/modules/loaders/png"
    I get the error
    "./cross-compile/toolchain/arm-2007q3/bin/arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld: cannot find -lpng12"
    but according to synaptics(on my Ubuntu 9.10 Desktop System) I have installed "libpng12-0" and "libpng12-dev" in the version "1.2.37-1".
    Compilation with "g++ -lpng12 test.cpp" with a simple helloworld-program works fine.
    Is there anyone who has an idea what could be wrong here?
    Thanks in advance.
    It's a cross compiling environment, local libraries are not used. If a package is giving you errors during build you can move it to nonworking/ if you do not need it.

Join #webos-internals IRC channel on freenode for real-time assistance.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate