1.    #1  
    i developed a homebrew app that uses a java service. It runs and works like it is supposed to.

I am trying to package up the service app for WOSQI appropriate installation. I noticed that you have done this for several people. I tried many times and every time i go to install with WOSQI i get the error return value:22 message.

Here are my steps (following loosely from this link):

(this assumes i am in the directory of my service app)
    Code:
    tar cvPzf  control.tar.gz control postint prerm

tar cvPzf  data.tar.gz etc usr

ar -r (the name of my app service).ipk control.tar.gz data.tar.gz
    i did not want to mess around with signing the package till i got comfortable with the packaging process.

What am i doing wrong? Can you see anything? One thing i just noticed is that the control file i have says version 1.0 but the ipk i built has 1.0.0 written on it, would that throw off WOSQI?

thanks in advance,

number1pete
  2.    #2  
    i also just noticed that when i package things up the folders in the tar file have ./usr/ type structure and when i package up on palm pre it has usr/ type structure.....is that bad?
  3.    #3  
    okay i managed to get the package where it installs via WOSQI but for some reason its not running the postint script....or even asking my to run it. Is there some where where i have to write to tell it to run?
    Drop into the #webos-internals IRC channel and we can help get you set up.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5.    #5  
    Mr. Rod,

i sent you a PM here at precentral. I was not sure what the best means of contacting you was since you wernt in the IRC channel when i got on last night.

i have my service project served up on my website and sent you the link. Please look over the code for security vulnerabilities. If everything checks out can you send it back to me packaged up and ready for install? Sorry but i just had way to much trouble trying to figure out how to package the service project.

Here is the code in my main-assist so you can see how i call that service:

Code:
    	button1Tap: function(event, inSender) {
    		var scaleon = new Mojo.Service.Request("palm://com.l337tech.cpuscaler",{method:"service",parameters:{service:"scale",params:"on"}});
    	},
    	button2Tap: function(event, inSender) {
    		var scaleoff = new Mojo.Service.Request("palm://com.l337tech.cpuscaler",{method:"service",parameters:{service:"scale",params:"off"}});
    	},
    thanks in advance for the help