Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Starting at 23:00UTC Tuesday (less than 16 hours from the date of this posting), we will be taking *.webos-internals.org and most of *.preware.org offline for up to 8 hours.

This is to install the new server that was bought with donations to WebOS Internals over the last 6 months.

During this period, ipkg.preware.org (the site that hosts all the homebrew feeds) will be pointed to a different machine (ipkg3.preware.org) so that Preware and WebOS Quick Install should continue working uninterrupted. I've already changed the DNS to enact this, so it should propagate widely before the current ipkg2.preware.org goes offline.

The wiki at http://www.webos-internals.org (including all icons and screenshot URLs that point to files on the wiki), the Preware installers at http://get.preware.org, and the installation instructions at http://get.preware.org will all be offline during that period. The source code repositories at http://git.webos-internals.org, and the WebOS Internals autobuilder will also be offline.

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 03/08/2010 at 11:43 PM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    you guys have it all taken care of not that im surprised none of your work has been anything less than what i wouldve expected from palm
    rod, how should we respond to the 15 threads here about the sites being down? Sarcasm, kindness or down right hostility? Your call
    i was just gonna post a link here to all of them
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    rod, how should we respond to the 15 threads here about the sites being down? Sarcasm, kindness or down right hostility? Your call
    I think professionalism is the word I'm thinking of

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Could I vote for something along the lines of:
    "Aliens landed and destroyed the servers; Rod fought back heroically using only his Pre as a weapon. Luckily he conjured up a magical alien repellent patch and won. Servers will be back up soon (as soon as Rod uses the stolen alien technology); have a nice day."
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I think professionalism is the word I'm thinking of

-- Rod
    and so it was said. Professionalism it is. This time at least!!
  8.    #8  
    The server outage is starting now.

We will use the @webosinternals twitter account for updates, and post here when everything is back up.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Its the end of the world!!
  10.    #10  
    Preware and WOSQI have been operating from a mirror server (located at a different site) for the last 12 hours at least. So it's not really the end of the world

-- Rod
    Yes, but now I can't impulsively research on the wiki! Oh Noes!
    Rod, thank you and your teammates. We really appreciate all you guys do.
  13.    #13  
    The data transfer from the old machine to the new machine is going slower than expected :-(

Good thing we set up the Preware mirror feeds ...

-- Rod
    it been 11hrs ....I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANY MORE!!!!!

...ok, I can
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Great.... I had to pick TODAY to have a warranty replacement of my Pre. I miss my patches!
    Is the site still down? ATM I cannot pull it up still.
    Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    Great.... I had to pick TODAY to have a warranty replacement of my Pre. I miss my patches!
    The mirror feeds are still operational, you should have no problems installing packages.

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
    MAN, I have bad timing! I just got my Pre Plus yesterday and have been banging my head against the wall trying unsuccessfully to get all of my software to work! Does this mean that once the "outage" is over apps like FileCoaster and PreWare will be working properly again? In spite of the mirrors I haven't been able to get much that was downloaded outside of the official App Catalog to work correctly.

Also, is anyone around here saying conclusively that this is a problem with the 1.4 update? Should I reset my Pre back to factory specs and use 1.3.5 until they've updated all the apps to work with 1.4?

To be honest, I'm not enjoying the first 24 hours with my new Pre so much...
    Rod,

Can you divulge what your new setup is? As a geek/linux sys admin/donator, I'm chock full of curiosity!

-Eric
    Hey Rod,

How do I make a donation? Knowing that the money is actually going back into the development efforts is definitely a motivation for me to donate!

-Jeremy
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast