Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    while you wonderful site is down, where can i find the mirror site for Preware and webOS internals? I just got the My Tether,& after MUCH time, i THINK i'M finally almost set,except, when i hit "tweaks",it only downloaded the "diffstat",but NOT the "GNU patch"!! Im so excited,but now I'M STUCK!!
    Can anyone PLS help? pls??!!
  2.    #22  
    OK, the site is still down (yes, these things never go smoothly), but the Preware mirror site is still running perfectly, so users of Preware and WebOS Quick Install should be operating normally.

The ipkg mirror site is at the normal address Index of /feeds/ ...

The new machine is an 8 core, 32GB RAM, 6TB RAID6 box. Chassis is from SuperMicro. It can be expanded to 128GB if necessary in the future.

Donations can be made by PayPal to donations@webos-internals.org

Thanks for everyone's patience. We have one of our team who travelled to Oregon to do the install of the new machine, and he is still working on it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by themagnumdrummer View Post
    while you wonderful site is down, where can i find the mirror site for Preware and webOS internals? I just got the My Tether,& after MUCH time, i THINK i'M finally almost set,except, when i hit "tweaks",it only downloaded the "diffstat",but NOT the "GNU patch"!! Im so excited,but now I'M STUCK!!
    anything that tells you to install diffstat is old and outdated

-Eric G

WebOS Internals Developer.
    Follow me on Twitter for updates to my projects: | Virtual Keyboard | wIRC | SuperTux | AUPT | KeyBoss | freeTether |

Donate
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by themagnumdrummer View Post
    Make sure you're using WebOS Quick Install 3.02 or later.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    OK, the site is still down (yes, these things never go smoothly), but the Preware mirror site is still running perfectly, so users of Preware and WebOS Quick Install should be operating normally.
    All things going well, we expect the sites to be back up in less than 4 hours.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Nevermind!!!

Palm Pre Backup Utility...done!
    Locate Pre....done!
    .....Thanks for everyone's patience. We have one of our team who travelled to Oregon to do the install of the new machine, and he is still working on it.

-- Rod
    And I thought webos-internals controlled the air traffic controller system.
    Sprint: 2-TouchPad 32g, Frank.-Pre-2, Pre-, MiFi & 1-LG Lotus with Xlink tied to home handsets. Backups: 650 & 700wx

HP Please release the CDMA Pre3 phones!
    We want them!!!
    Nice Specs <3 What are you planning to use that extra processing muscle on, out of curiosity?
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerealklr View Post
    Nice Specs <3 What are you planning to use that extra processing muscle on, out of curiosity?
    The physical box actually hosts a number of open source communities:

nslu2-linux.org
    nas-central.org
    foonas.org
    openwiz.org
    openembedded.org
    webos-internals.org
    preware.org

... so it has plenty to do.

WebOS Internals has been running on a box which was purchased by nslu2-linux.org, nas-central.org and openembedded.org from donations from those communities over the last 5 years.

The WebOS community has now repaid that debt by using your donations to beef up the machine for everyone, and perhaps pave the way for the next community that springs up in a couple of years time ...

-- Rod
    ok i just dont undderstand i downlaod it and it gives me a .jar file then i extract it then what it doesnt do anything it just gives me four folders what do i do now????
    are you talking about webos quickinstall because this is hardly the place to post about it there are plenty of threads about it or you could just search for the newbie guide

i added a link to make it easier though http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html
    Does the ipkg.preware.org server have all the necessary files for running the optware bootstrap script? It has to wget some files, but I don't know if everything it needs has been moved. I edited the script to point to the new location but no luck so far... can't find the ipkg-opt file. Is this futile?

Edit: Scratch that... the files aren't there. I guess I'm waiting.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by froggersloth View Post
    Does the ipkg.preware.org server have all the necessary files for running the optware bootstrap script? It has to wget some files, but I don't know if everything it needs has been moved. I edited the script to point to the new location but no luck so far... can't find the ipkg-opt file. Is this futile?

Edit: Scratch that... the files aren't there. I guess I'm waiting.
    Yeah, sorry about that. We didn't mirror that stuff.

Note that you can bootstrap optware completely via Preware now, and all that works with the mirror we've put in place during the outage.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    ETA? I'm waiting for the wget files to boostrap this new PC I have now, so that I can gain root access again. Everything else is in place. I just need to set the username and password so when I access through PuTTy I don't get access denied because the username and password.

Jason

Note that you can bootstrap optware completely via Preware now, and all that works with the mirror we've put in place during the outage.

-- Rod
    Except the wiki link for openssh w/ instructions to get keys is down!

Damn my luck...lol had to go to the Dr today of all days.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

16.    #36  
    Sorry for the delay. The LVM PVM migration from the old disk array to the new disk array is taking much longer than expected, and we don't want to turn the serving instances back on cause accessing the files being transferred would just slow it down.

Note that Google should have good cached versions of all wiki pages.

-- Rod

-- Rod
    Thanks for the pointer. I noted, though, that the utilities that allow SSH access to the device specify "wifi only". Is there a Preware method that allows EVDO access as well?
    I cant find usbnet-pre.inf for usb tethering the pre on http://ipkg3.preware.org can anyone help me out?
  19.    #39  
    The data transfer is complete, and the new server should be in the rack and coming back up shortly.

-- Rod
  20.    #40  
    The autobuilder has completed it's first cycle, so the feeds should now be up to date.

The git source code repositories are also now available at http://git.webos-internals.org/

-- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 03/11/2010 at 03:41 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast