Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Frankly, I'd keep Luna manager around for folks that want Homebrew apps but not patches. I have that patch installed, but sometimes I forget I have it and launch Luna manager, which still launches a whole lot faster than PreWare with feed updates set to update at launch.
    There is no reason Luna Manager will stop working or go away. It will simply require you to have Preware and the ipkgservice included in its package to be installed for Luna Manager to work.

Which isn't really a problem, as I doubt anyone has ipkgservice installed for the sole purpose of Luna Manager, and doesn't have Preware installed.
    correct me if I am wrong but Luna Manager is largely un-needed in 1.4 because of the new options that show up when you hold the power button... You can do a Java restart and a Luna restart right there... the only thing you can't do is a rescan.

That being said, I know I am a small player in all of this but I am all for it. I do however think it should probably wait until the next WebOS update is released for two reasons.

1. It will allow more than ample time for users to update their phones to 1.4
    2. You can ensure that the current setup with the Palm scripts is in place in the next OTA to ensure that it is going to stay that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptk View Post
    correct me if I am wrong but Luna Manager is largely un-needed in 1.4 because of the new options that show up when you hold the power button... You can do a Java restart and a Luna restart right there... the only thing you can't do is a rescan.

That being said, I know I am a small player in all of this but I am all for it. I do however think it should probably wait until the next WebOS update is released for two reasons.

1. It will allow more than ample time for users to update their phones to 1.4
    2. You can ensure that the current setup with the Palm scripts is in place in the next OTA to ensure that it is going to stay that way.
    The Java Restart and Luna Restart options when you hold the power button down are not part of the 1.4 OS update. They are the result of a patch from Jason.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12