Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have tried to install webos on my pre so that i can get preware but the quick install is not detecting my pre when it is plugged in. I am not computer savvy and have tried it on two different computers, so i know it's something i'm doing...or not doing. Can someone help?
    turn on developer mode
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    make sure you read this post thoroughly and do what it says
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v3-02-a.html
    i think you are missing the step of adding the novacom drivers, and make sure you put your phone into dev mode.
    To enter developer mode type this as if using universal search

"upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart"

That should bring up the option to turn on "developer mode", and then you phone will restart.

As someone else said, use the tutorial, step by step & you should be able to get it to work....took me a while my first attempt too.
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 08/25/2010 at 01:59 PM.
    An easier way to access dev mode is to enter webos20090606.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    An easier way to access dev mode is to enter webos20090606.
    lmao OH SNAP! lol how did you find this one??? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest09 View Post
    lmao OH SNAP! lol how did you find this one??? lol
    Hmmm, I don't remember. Saw it on some blog post somewhere and it's real easy to remember. Nice, huh?
    Enabling Developer Mode by entering the Pre's release date is easier, but the Konami code is cooler.
    I'm new....sorry. That said I have a Verizon Palm Pre Plus and can not get a Developer Mode Icon to come up in universal search via the Konami code or webos20090606. After it starts weeding out program and contact options as I type the above entries I just end up icons for Google, Twitter and the like when the whole phrase is entered. Is that a Verzon Pre Plus vs a Sprint Pre thing, a funky Verizon lockout/hide thing? Novacom is verified up and running. If so does anyone one know how to get into/unhide Developer Mode on the Pre Plus? Thank you for you help in advance, please be gentle
    <<Thread Moved/Renamed>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by palooka View Post
    I'm new....sorry. That said I have a Verizon Palm Pre Plus and can not get a Developer Mode Icon to come up in universal search via the Konami code or webos20090606. After it starts weeding out program and contact options as I type the above entries I just end up icons for Google, Twitter and the like when the whole phrase is entered. Is that a Verzon Pre Plus vs a Sprint Pre thing, a funky Verizon lockout/hide thing? Novacom is verified up and running. If so does anyone one know how to get into/unhide Developer Mode on the Pre Plus? Thank you for you help in advance, please be gentle
    It should be the same as any Pre. Don't press enter, just type in the konami code or webos20090606 and the dev mode enabler should appear.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Got it thanks.
    I also have tried getting the preware up and running. I have downloaded the quick installer, web os doctor, Jave, and Novacom drivers. But when I try to run the quick installer, a black screen pops up with some writing on it, then quickly disappears. I NEVER get the screen with the arrows to clik on or anything. I am very frustrated! I'm not very computer savvy either, but I won't have one soon, since I'm about to smash it to pieces! HHHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnydoc View Post
    I also have tried getting the preware up and running. I have downloaded the quick installer, web os doctor, Jave, and Novacom drivers. But when I try to run the quick installer, a black screen pops up with some writing on it, then quickly disappears. I NEVER get the screen with the arrows to clik on or anything. I am very frustrated! I'm not very computer savvy either, but I won't have one soon, since I'm about to smash it to pieces! HHHHHEEEEELLLLLPPPPP!!!!!
    Try the Preware stand alone installer. You can get it here: http://install.preware.org/

You can also use the standalone installer found at get.preware.org
    D/L; connect your Pre to the computer in "just charge" mode and run the installer. If you are missing any elements (such as novacom) the installer will alert you.

This is how I got preware, never used WOSQI.
    Thanks gang! I'll try it when I get home. You may have just saved my laptop from a severe beating! Lol
    i cant get preware intalled i keep getting this message: ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install.org.webosinternals.preware_1.2.7_i686.ipk
    Clearing state_want and stae_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.preware (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error ocurred, return value:4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternal.preware.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

can you help please
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholas.levenhagen View Post
    i cant get preware intalled i keep getting this message: ERROR: An error occured while attempting to install.org.webosinternals.preware_1.2.7_i686.ipk
    Clearing state_want and stae_flag for pkg=org.webosinternals.preware (arch_priority=0 flag=16 want=2)
    An error ocurred, return value:4.
    Collected errors:
    Cannot find package org.webosinternal.preware.
    Check the spelling or perhaps run 'ipkg update'

can you help please
    Try using preware standalone to install preware if webosQI is giving you errors. Application:Preware - WebOS Internals.

Good Luck.
    didnt work either. does 1.4.5 prevent you from adding preware cause i updated my phone before trying to add preware
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholas.levenhagen View Post
    didnt work either. does 1.4.5 prevent you from adding preware cause i updated my phone before trying to add preware
    You can install it with 1.4.5. I'm not sure what is the cause of the errors, but if you post it here; http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...eware-1-x.html you should get an answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast