1.    #1  
    I just installed Terminal along with the other things it is dependent on in order to get OpenSSH Server setup on my phone (generating the keys)

When I try and open Terminal the card pops up like it's loading but it immediately freezes my phone and then, I think, it restart Luna (I assume this b/c it doesn't take as long to start up as it does when doing a restart).

Anyone else seeing this or have any ideas on how to get this working?

Thanks in advance.
    Terminal broke with 1.4. They are working on a fix.

For the time being download Terminus an alternate Terminal program.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I've looked for Terminus, but I can't find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Global Posts
    180 Global Posts
    Preware -> all available -> type in "terminus"
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    There's a 'terminal' in there... but no 'terminus'. I checked there before I posted, but I just checked again. I searched for 'term' and all that came back was terminal. and it isn't any use to me since it all it does these days is reset luna.

Does anyone have the ipk?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffed View Post
    There's a 'terminal' in there... but no 'terminus'. I checked there before I posted, but I just checked again. I searched for 'term' and all that came back was terminal. and it isn't any use to me since it all it does these days is reset luna.

It's in 'Available Other' not Applications.

Goto Available Other, then Utility.

Or goto 'List of Everything' and type in term.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Doh! Forgot the 'List of Everything' was there. I found it. Thanks!
    Terminus isn't an option. It hard locks my phone. Not even the "hold powere and flip mute three times" reboots it. I have to pull the battery.

Please fix Terminal.
    I had the same results.

Terminal crashing, and Terminus completely locking up the phone.

I did figure out, though, that Terminus tends to give you a short period of time before completely exploding. You can take advantage of this by trying to memorize or storing into machine memory the commands you need to type. It was good enough for me to get ssh up and running using just Terminus. I can now use it quickly to remount the file system before I use WinSCP.

Hopefully your work doesn't require 20 minutes of using the Terminal... >.<.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffed View Post

Do you have a pixi? If so that's why.
    Is Terminal getting worked on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    Is Terminal getting worked on?
    Been wondering the same thing and I'm beginning not to be so hopeful at this point. We haven't heard anything. I keep checking WebOS Internals.