Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    yeah +1, when ever preware gets installed for the first time or updated, for some reason the palm catalog always hangs.Turning that feed off and getting back later always seams to have done the trick
    Did you install the Package Manager Service?
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Yes, I did a theme then I deleted the theme
    try updating preware feeds
  5. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evilhugbear View Post
    Whenever I try to use preware after the 1.4.1 update, it gets stuck loading at palm-catalog. How do I fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    turn the feed off. Search too, like 8 people already started a thread asking the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace187 View Post
    yeah +1, when ever preware gets installed for the first time or updated, for some reason the palm catalog always hangs.Turning that feed off and getting back later always seams to have done the trick
    Just update to the latest version of Preware, and it will correct this known issue. Just a friendly piece of advice - some on this forum are quick to flame a repeat post - check the Preware thread next time before starting a new thread to avoid any rage The search function on these forums can also be a big help.
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    when your preware is loading hit top left button , manage feeds, select palm catalog and turn this off . You may have swype it away and run preware again this happened to me .. Update your preware etc..... Upon restart and loading preware again you may turn palm catalog back on..

that wasn't so bad it took less time to do that then to lecture him about search or them getting flamed by a repost who cares
  7. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neno23231 View Post
    that wasn't so bad it took less time to do that then to lecture him about search or them getting flamed by a repost who cares
    If this was directed at me, re-read my post please. I started by solving the problem "Just update to the latest version of Preware, and it will correct this known issue.", and then provided some friendly advice "Just a friendly piece of advice...". I hardly consider that a lecture - it's more of a solution and a teaching moment built into one - exactly what a forum is for... I've never lashed out at anyone on these forums, and have helped quite a few...
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    if I were I would of put your NAME in it ... Stop being so full of your self my friend you can't " Teach " me nada..

good day to you sir
  9. ay
    Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neno23231 View Post
    if I were I would of put your NAME in it ... Stop being so full of your self my friend you can't " Teach " me nada..

good day to you sir
    You put NO names in your comment, so I thought perhaps it referred to me because I was the only who used the term "flame" in my post. I'm not full of myself in the least bit, and didn't try to "teach" you anything. I was trying to help someone who asked for help. To you I only asked you to re-read my post IF your criticism was directed at me because it wasn't directed at anyone in particular, but was posted right after my reply. If it wasn't directed at me, I've got no problem with you, and I certainly didn't and won't judge you....I'd appreciate the same courtesy. A wonderful day to you as well - we're on the same team of trying to help someone here...
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    your welcome

I said good day
    Quote Originally Posted by gregw0323 View Post
    Yes, I did a theme then I deleted the theme
    I deleted both my wife's and my themes via Preware before 1.4, then checked it via the themes button in WOSQI and it still showed the themes installed, so I clicked on "default theme" in WOSQI to get both phones back to the default setting. I will always check the phones in the future via WOSQI if I chose to delete a theme via Preware.
    Ok thanks guys
    Time to get VIRAL
    I had this problem.
    I fixed by

1. Uninstalling the program.
    2. Installing WebOS Quick Install (Latest version located HERE) And installing, and reinstalling Preware through this Quick Install.
    :]
    is it possible to just download and install boot screens?
    Not from preware but if you download a theme in .zip form from prethemer you can remove parts of it and use them
    and install via webosqi??
    yes in the tweaks section.
    coolio!!! thx yall
    Could I also get a pm of the links...my post count isnt high enough either
    Quote Originally Posted by Technologic 2 View Post
    I had the same problem. Delete Preware then go to WebOSQI and reinstall Preware and Program Manager. As soon as I did this everything worked perfectly!
    For those reading this thinking - but I already did that & it didn't work - do it again, and again, and possibly again. I ended up adding/removing Preware about 5 times before FINALLY something clicked and it worked.

In my case I also ran (for the 2nd or 3rd time) the Emergency Reconstruction Utility again, so maybe it worked.
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast